PDA

View Full Version : What exactly does the skill level filter do?

shakezula
24-05-2015, 21:43
When playing online you can filter the skill level from novice to pro, but what exactly does that mean? Is it the creators 'preferred skill level? Or is it based off of the settings in the lobby?

Also, how can I view another player's 'face-off' player card thing? Evertime I try it is locked out.

Thanks.

shakezula
25-05-2015, 07:54
Nobody?

N0body Of The Goat
25-05-2015, 07:58
I forgot all about this function!

What I did find curious around midnight last night was that no "amateur" servers were listed, ~4 "novice" and the rest (~25) were "pro."

I might create a new profile once I've woken up and on the initial screen chose "amateur," which I will then use to create a public dedicated test server.

BMASTER
25-05-2015, 07:59
Isn't that the handling model?

Mrbrown33
25-05-2015, 08:15
I think its your level of experience. So if you join a pro lobby, you not expected to sit in the middle of the track and block people, lol.

N0body Of The Goat
25-05-2015, 08:15
The first profile run screen showing "novice," "amateur" and "pro" level sets the number of assists activated.

But even if you chose "novice" or "amateur" and remove all the assists, TT leaderboard times set with this profile will still be listed according to level you chose initial.

Charles Gillen
25-05-2015, 08:29
Ok....So how does one change this? When I started this game I chose "Novice" never having piloted these car before. Now I would like to change this.

Charles

could_do_better
25-05-2015, 08:31
It refers to the level of aids allowed / set, but I have no idea if it is working.

OT: Personally I'd rather see the session status updated correctly, lobby / practice / qualify /racing

N0body Of The Goat
25-05-2015, 08:33
Delete, or move default.sav from...

Steam\userdata\{steamIDnumber}\234630\local\project cars\profiles

John Hargreaves
25-05-2015, 08:39
Just be aware that deletes the whole profile though, setups, career etc but I don't think there is any other way to reset the initial driver level say from amateur to pro, even though you can adjust all the aids to get to full pro handling.

N0body Of The Goat
25-05-2015, 10:52
A test dedicated server going up, all being well, in the next few minutes...

Created with a fresh profile and I will choose "amateur" style (and then alter assists for me before creating server).

I will also be setting tyre wear to x7 and fuel use to off, so members can test and report on how long tyres are lasting.

So in theory, this server should be listed under "amateur" in the browser search filter. ;)

HIXTAR
26-05-2015, 13:20
Wait.....so whats the point of having the classes if you can just change the assists. So if I get better at the game and turn off TracCtrl and the others I'll still be labeled "Intermediate" ? ..... and just to confirm, are you guys say that because I chose Intermediate I can only ever race online with other people that chose intermediate at the very start ?

Arkymedes
26-05-2015, 13:44
Wait.....so whats the point of having the classes if you can just change the assists. So if I get better at the game and turn off TracCtrl and the others I'll still be labeled "Intermediate" ? ..... and just to confirm, are you guys say that because I chose Intermediate I can only ever race online with other people that chose intermediate at the very start ?

Yes and No

Kallungi
28-05-2015, 12:01
Im on PS4 and with a different skill level filter setting on my lobby search I get different results. But I cant figure out if it has something to do with the initial selection for driving aid settings etc. Or if it is some how correlated to your Driver Network Profile and if you are ranked as pro/intermediate/amateur?

I did some lobby searches and more lobbies were found with the novice skill level than on pro. Im not sure and cant check it right now but I believe there were driving assists, assist lines and such available on some of those 'pro' lobbies that I found.

SMS please clarify what that lobby filter is doing.