PDA

View Full Version : How to get a refund?

kwakaman39
24-05-2015, 21:47
How do I get a refund on my digital copy of Project Cars on xbox one?

Question is aimed at those who have already got a refund and not at SMS staff.

Posting here as it is an open forum and should get the answer I am looking for.
Played for 30 minutes and gave up as feel it is no where near a completed game on the xbox.

Roger Prynne
24-05-2015, 21:50
Played for 30 minutes
30 mins??? give it a chance mate.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:50

Played for 30 minutes and gave up as feel it is no where near a completed game on the xbox.

Try it for 2 hours and if you still don't think it's great I'll refund you personally.

kwakaman39
24-05-2015, 21:52
Try it for 2 hours and if you still don't think it's great I'll refund you personally.
Put that in writing and send it to my registered email then Ian.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:54
Put that in writing and send it to my registered email then Ian.

It's in writing, that's what I'm doing here, writing...

I was also singing but that carries no legal weight.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 21:54

Wow, I know they say gamers now have shorter attention spans than we did 10 years ago, but that's ridiculous.

No digital copy owners will have got a refund.

kwakaman39
24-05-2015, 21:55
Not looking for an argument but this is unplayable with xbox controller. I will be getting a refund after 30 minutes of driving out of the sand traps.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:56
PM me your receipt.

Out of my last 10 requests, (one containing an apparent 80 people wanting a refund) I've yet to get one. If you're the first I'll give you full kudos.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 21:57
Not looking for an argument but this is unplayable with xbox controller. I will be getting a refund after 30 minutes of driving out of the sand traps.

FACEPALM..... Clearly you bought the game and didn't do any research about the current issues with the controller, that have been well documented, a fix will be out next week, there are many workarounds knocking about for you to try.

You then come on here demanding a refund. For your stupidity SMS should keep the little bit of money they get from the sale of the game.

kwakaman39
24-05-2015, 21:58
For you interest I am regarding to the xbox version. I have it on pc also and its not too bad. Not good but good enough to play.

So Ian I will send you my paypal address via PM.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 21:59
For you interest I am regarding to the xbox version. I have it on pc also and its not too bad. Not good but good enough to play.

Wow this is getting to be like a African scam thread.... I give you my Paypal, you send me money....

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:59

Send me your receipt :)

It's not too much to ask for. I'll pay you personally.

kwakaman39
24-05-2015, 22:00
FACEPALM..... Clearly you bought the game and didn't do any research about the current issues with the controller, that have been well documented, a fix will be out next week, there are many workarounds knocking about for you to try.

You then come on here demanding a refund. For your stupidity SMS should keep the little bit of money they get from the sale of the game.
Pre ordered digital version actually on the hype from investors.

kwakaman39
24-05-2015, 22:02
Will send you a copy of my xbox transaction Ian.
Feel free to lock this now.
Will take it to PM, as like I said I don't want to argue.

JessicaWalter
24-05-2015, 22:02
That's why it's called "hype"

Bryer
24-05-2015, 22:03
Pre ordered digital version actually on the hype from investors.

But it's taken you nearly 2 weeks to request a refund.....? Smells fishy if you ask me.

So you're saying that the investors of this game got it wrong and that the hype was massively off target?

I believe this to be the first crowd sourced game, that has pushed the envelope and raised the bar within the racing genre.

Roger Prynne
24-05-2015, 22:06
But it's taken you nearly 2 weeks to request a refund.....? Smells fishy if you ask me.

So you're saying that the investors of this game got it wrong and that the hype was massively off target?

I believe this to be the first crowd sourced game, that has pushed the envelope and raised the bar within the racing genre.

Don't feed him mate.

kwakaman39
24-05-2015, 22:06

That's because I have been playing the PC version. I am no scammer just disappointed in an un finished XBOX version.
Enough said.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 22:09
Don't feed him mate.

OK Roger.... I enjoy it when people lose their temper with their flaw arguments...

Roger Prynne
24-05-2015, 22:10
Last thing I will say is.....
Where else would you get the Head of Studio giving a refund from his own pocket.... god I love this community.

Ixoye56
24-05-2015, 22:12
a fix will be out next week,

source please ?

Bryer
Last thing I will say is.....
Where else would you get the Head of Studio giving a refund from his own pocket.... god I love this community.

To be fair though, Ian didn't say what the refund would be though.... It could be 49.99 worth of feathers, or horse manure, only Ian knows.

Bryer
source please ?

Ian Bell - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes&p=940377&viewfull=1#post940377

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27458-patch-out&p=940198&viewfull=1#post940198

chillgreg
24-05-2015, 22:18
Don't feed him mate.

The only troll here stirring the thread up and riling people is the person you ganged up with against the OP.

As a WMD Member, your attitude and manners STINK.

No matter his grievance, he is a customer.

Blackvault
24-05-2015, 22:20
Since Ian has offered a refund via PM to the OP I'm closing this thread as it has served its purpose.

Pete

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 22:38
The only troll here stirring the thread up and riling people is the person you ganged up with against the OP.

I like that Greg. You take firm stance for the customer with a Ron Burgundy avatar. You might be my kind of person.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 22:39
Sorry Pete, I've opened it. I was having fun.

Roger Prynne
24-05-2015, 22:43

Your a fine one to talk going by some of your posts.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 22:43

Yes he is a customer, and should know that Microsoft's stance on refunds is "they don't happen" as he agreed to the terms of purchase! Just saying.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 22:44
Easy guys, let Greg have his say.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 22:49
Easy guys, let Greg have his say.

Didn't realise we was ganging up on the OP..... Apologies if I've caused alarm, harassment or distress at pointing the bleeding obvious out!

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 22:57
Didn't realise we was ganging up on the OP..... Apologies if I've caused alarm, harassment or distress at pointing the bleeding obvious out!

I did get a smile from that thanks.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 23:05
I did get a smile from that thanks.

On a side note! Are you still looking for backers on WMD? As like I said in our PM conversation, I'd like to get involved a bit more offline so to speak!

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 23:14
On a side note! Are you still looking for backers on WMD? As like I said in our PM conversation, I'd like to get involved a bit more offline so to speak!

OK, I'll outline it here since you asked.

We have a team of 128 people. We plan to split our racing team between ongoing pCARS1 fixes, assets, features, - and pre-production work on our next game.

Any team on earth does the same; but they won't tell you because you don't get this level of insight normally. They'd maybe hide the above reality less it annoy those who might want to jump on the assumption that the current game is being ignored. Further, for marketing purposes, we should talk about pCARS1 and nothing else until we've milked all of the potential revenue from the users from pCARS1 DLC packs.

Well, that's just not honest.

Every team on earth has a substantial portion of their developers working on new tech, designs, tools and also maybe assets and code for their next game. If you don't do this, you have a large proportion of your developers sitting around scratching their arses, or in many cases, sacked to reduce the burn rate.

We don't work like that. We've actually delayed the pre-prod on pCARS2 until we fix the Xbox controller issues as well as other key issues we have. Following this, I'll take about 40 of the above and start work on pCARS2. We don't have a timeline, we don't have a GDD (Game Design Doc) we'll do all that stuff together, but we do have a lot of very talented people who need work and we do have a lot of interested users who want to become part of the future of WMD.

It will happen soon.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 23:20
OK, I'll outline it here since you asked.

We have a team of 128 people. We plan to split our racing team between ongoing pCARS1 fixes, assets, features, - and pre-production work on our next game.

Any team on earth does the same; but they won't tell you because you don't get this level of insight normally. They'd maybe hide the above reality less it annoy those who might want to jump on the assumption that the current game is being ignored. Further, for marketing purposes, we should talk about pCARS1 and nothing else until we've milked all of the potential revenue from the users from pCARS1 DLC packs.

Well, that's just not honest.

Every team on earth has a substantial portion of their developers working on new tech, designs, tools and also maybe assets and code for their next game. If you don't do this, you have a large proportion of your developers sitting around scratching their arses, or in many cases, sacked to reduce the burn rate.

We don't work like that. We've actually delayed the pre-prod on pCARS2 until we fix the Xbox controller issues as well as other key issues we have. Following this, I'll take about 40 of the above and start work on pCARS2. We don't have a timeline, we don't have a GDD (Game Design Doc) we'll do all that stuff together, but we do have a lot of very talented people who need work and we do have a lot of interested users who want to become part of the future of WMD.

It will happen soon.

Just let me know and I'll dig deep! Might have some ideas to help with Xbox testing that were used over at Codies back in the day. Here to help with evolving the products.

Good in sight Ian. Top man.

nissan4ever
25-05-2015, 02:10

To bad, you will miss out. After 2 patches, per Ian Bell, the Xbox One will be on par with PS4 version, performance wise. While plenty of bugs will be corrected in 2 patches as well.

So it looks like within about 4/5 weeks of lauch, our game will be epic. Your lost buddy.

ksims816
25-05-2015, 02:29
Hey Ian, I've been looking through the forums quite a bit for help with the game fixes (and mostly with success). From what I've seen, there's a lot of people complaining. I don't think they're mad at you or at the game, just a bit confused as to when they'll see improvement in gameplay. I think it would take away a lot of the negativity/confusion if you could make a "progress thread" and make daily reports (even if it's 'patch being revied by MS' for 5 days straight). No replies, just a single simple report. It's one thing to have some random mod write it (and perhaps he's not random but the average customer has no idea of his involvement- I certainly don't) but I think it'd mean a lot coming from you. Just a suggestion from a happy customer

lordymatsuo
25-05-2015, 08:40
IAN BELL YOU LEGEND!

This has to be the funniest thread i have read in donkies years. The fact Ian offered the OP a personal refund half a dozen times and still got no receipt is just hilarious.

Your attitude and humor is brilliant.

Great work on a great game, any chance you have any plans for dedicated servers for PS4? Really want a private server for my community members who race clean and inviting to lobbies / adding hundreds of friends is becoming a chore lol

John Hargreaves
25-05-2015, 08:49

I'll wager you sir ten english pounds that you buy it again in the next three months

Moo64
25-05-2015, 08:53
I'll wager you sir ten english pounds that you buy it again in the next three months

will the current key be invalid after the refund?

John Hargreaves
25-05-2015, 08:57
Guess he'll have to go to a shop, not sure how that stuff works on xb

Machinist90
25-05-2015, 08:58
nice to see such transparency Ian,and look on the bright side,the errors made in Pcars 1 are lessons learned for Pcars 2,I can't think of one franchise that hit bullseye from the start.

kilotango
25-05-2015, 09:18
I can't think of one franchise that hit bullseye from the start.

hmmmm imo, i'd say the original GTR game by Simbin did just that..was/is still an epic game.

Machinist90
25-05-2015, 09:20
hmmmm imo, i'd say the original GTR game by Simbin did just that..was/is still an epic game.

can be,haven't played that though,what year was it released?

kilotango
25-05-2015, 09:59
it should've been around 2005 if im not mistaken

have a look at the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUbVaHn6vM

Dan77 DESTROYER
25-05-2015, 11:50
Another Refund wanted here please, I want all my time back please in full as I haven't been able to put this game down since its release so I feel cheeted of life right now, got loads of washing to do,the garden looks like a jungle, my real car has forgotten who I am, sleep....what's that????

nissan4ever
25-05-2015, 11:50
Another Refund wanted here please, I want all my time back please in full as I haven't been able to put this game down since its release so I feel cheeted of life right now, got loads of washing to do,the garden looks like a jungle, my real car has forgotten who I am, sleep....what's that????

Yeah!!!!! ^^^^^^^

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 12:15

Yes Ian please could you write me a letter of absence for my boss, as im suffering from Pcars fever. :acne:

OppaErich
25-05-2015, 12:55
And this pain in the mouth for not finding time to brush. :grey:

HLR Ghosty
25-05-2015, 13:02
will the current key be invalid after the refund?

Unless it is revoked my MS as its digital it will still be on his console or available to download on his account.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 14:09
And this pain in the mouth for not finding time to brush. :grey:

Try spreading toothpaste on toast 2 birds 1 stone :cool:

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 14:18
it should've been around 2005 if im not mistaken

have a look at the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUbVaHn6vM

I founded SimBin, most of the team here made that game and GT Legends and GTR2.

dustyjo
25-05-2015, 17:08
I've still got my old GTR license card around here somewhere.

Roger Prynne
25-05-2015, 17:19
I've still got my old GTR license card around here somewhere.

Like this you mean

Chris Stewart
25-05-2015, 18:00
I sent a PM requesting my refund, waiting for a response.

derekthetree
25-05-2015, 18:01
GTR 1 and 2 were mega games. Convinced me to buy a wheel for my PC!

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 18:01

More effort required Chris.

We don't give refunds.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 18:02

I also have no PM.

Please stop re-logging in to try to cause an issue.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 18:04
Another thread closed due to the lunatic fringe abusing the forum.