PDA

View Full Version : No Glowing Brake Rotors?

Agent 21
25-05-2015, 04:34
Just watched my first replay and noticed that there isn't a glowing rotor effect under hard/heavy braking. Its not like we can reall see it anyway during the race, especially if you play in helmet/cockpit view, but it made replays and pictures even more cool in Forza, and it IS part of racing, so a curious absence, no?

JDFSSS
25-05-2015, 05:06
Just watched my first replay and noticed that there isn't a glowing rotor effect under hard/heavy braking. Its not like we can reall see it anyway during the race, especially if you play in helmet/cockpit view, but it made replays and pictures even more cool in Forza, and it IS part of racing, so a curious absence, no?

This effect is in the game. You couldn't see the effect because I assume the brake rotor isn't visible on whatever particular car you were driving.

hobieone
25-05-2015, 05:08
did you try and look too see if its there in a night race? i know in real life when i watch a race you almost never see the brake disc glow unless its night. i always thought it was weird or a bug that all other race games show the glow effect during the daylight.

madmax2069
25-05-2015, 05:26
Oh trust me, they glow.

Even in daylight they glow.

Agent 21
25-05-2015, 05:37
Hmmm. I was using the GT3 class Aston Martin v12, so the rotors were definitely visible, and I brake pretty hard. I'm a "drive in deep, brake aggressively and then roll off the brake into the turn as I roll back on the throttle" kinda guy, so my brakes definitely get a workout.

I'll keep an eye out now that you guys confirmed it exists.

kilotango
25-05-2015, 05:59
Hmmm. I was using the GT3 class Aston Martin v12, so the rotors were definitely visible, and I brake pretty hard. I'm a "drive in deep, brake aggressively and then roll off the brake into the turn as I roll back on the throttle" kinda guy, so my brakes definitely get a workout.

I'll keep an eye out now that you guys confirmed it exists.

i thought that glowing brake discs didnt work either, so i closed the brake duct completely in the tuning setup, then changed the HUD to show telemetry. i took a car round le mans and once the brake discs reached 650C+.. they glowed just fine:)

pigsy
25-05-2015, 06:18
Drive the Lotus 98T and look at the brake disc of the AI. They glow so much they're overheating imo. Look at the telemetry screen when monitoring the race and the temps are over 1000C.

Globespy
17-07-2015, 18:49
Is this only a PC thing? I can't see this either on my Xbox One. Can't imagine it's terribly resource intensive to have as its on other racers

Lukeymonster
17-07-2015, 18:55
Is this only a PC thing? I can't see this either on my Xbox One. Can't imagine it's terribly resource intensive to have as its on other racers

They definitely do on consoles but the temps need to be sky high. I wish they would lower them for the visual appeal because they look great.

To test go into a practice session. Hold the brake and gas down. Barely let off the brake and the temps will rise.l as will the glow. If never seen it happen in an actual race situation.

Poulka
17-07-2015, 21:43
Yeah I'm on Xbox, I was racing a GT3 mustang at Imola a couple of nights ago. When I did heavy braking into turns I could rotors glowing nicely. Depending on the shot you can see them fade back to dark again as well.

sVig
17-07-2015, 22:09
They definitely glow. I got them up to 2000 degrees f on an LMP car. They glowed bright in the day. PS4 version here so no not a PC only thing.

Bluedice
17-07-2015, 22:38
Perhaps your disk brakes aren't getting hot enough for them to glow. Check the telemetry, unless they are red in there they won't be glowing, and in some cars they aren't even visible because the actual disks are entirely covered.

F1Aussie
18-07-2015, 02:45
I'm yet to see it on the pc and i have done at least one race for each car then always watch at least the first lap of the replay.

TheReaper GT
18-07-2015, 02:51
There you go..