PDA

View Full Version : xbox one - car physics Ford Mustang Boss GT4

Psychomatrix
25-05-2015, 05:39
The mustang gt4 handles much to nervous for the wheight that the car should be have. Steering is oversensitive, beside the controller glitch. The car is no fun to drive, because the grip level seems to me unrealistic. The car slide too much.
Btw some cars have a oversensitive steering. For example the audi r8 roadcar

Ma5hEd
25-05-2015, 11:30
The default tune steering seems fine to me, other than the occasional controller glitch when correcting oversteer. Maybe it's down to controller/game setup differences.

For the road cars with over sensitive steering:- R8, Classic Caterham etc.. setting the steering rack to the slowest setting made a big difference for me. For GT cars i normally speed it up a bit though.

Psychomatrix
25-05-2015, 18:11
If I set the the steering to the slowest settings the cars react like a 18 wheeler that's no solution in my eyes

vglnte102
26-05-2015, 02:11
That's just how crappy mustangs handle. It's correct.

Psychomatrix
26-05-2015, 03:33
The strange thing is that in hockenheim the car is much more driveable than in Donington. It seems that in hockenheim the asphalt has more grip. Need some more testing to find it out. Set the steering rate to 7,5:1 helps a lot

Lukeymonster
26-05-2015, 16:15
Live. Rear. Axle.

dwaynediblade
26-05-2015, 16:49
The mustang gt4 handles much to nervous for the wheight that the car should be have. Steering is oversensitive, beside the controller glitch. The car is no fun to drive, because the grip level seems to me unrealistic. The car slide too much.
Btw some cars have a oversensitive steering. For example the audi r8 roadcar

Sorry that you feel this way, they obviously should have consulted you who I presume designed and tested both of these cars in real life. Because I mean it would be naive of me to think that you came to this conclusion based on the fact you just looked at a car and decided how it drives in real life.

Psychomatrix
26-05-2015, 21:58
At meantime I'm very happy with the Mustang boss gt4. With warm tires it's a lot of fun. But with the controller issue it's hard to drive on cold tires.

Lukeymonster
26-05-2015, 22:56
I work for a team that ran 2 boss 302Rs in the grand sport class of the Continental Tire GT Challenge in the states. Gt4 is a very close but not exact representation of the series and grid competitors. The car and physics models are amazing.

That said, we fought the rear axle every single race. We'd make it as best we could in practice then had to rely on the driver essentially chucking it into the corners to get good rotation. However then your scrubbing off speed. It's an awesome car but requires special care when racing against more sophisticated suspensions. Even then it's a bear to make competitive without bop helping you out.

We overhauled the cars entirely and now run in the GTS class of the Pirelli World Challenge and are killing it. Stronger, more versatile parts, more power and heavily tweakable aero helped it out tremendously. Although...bop is coming in a few weeks. :culpability:

Ch1ps N Queso
26-05-2015, 23:06
Make sure to check the default tune on the thing. I believe it has weight bias set to one side. Removing the bias might help a little.

Lukeymonster
27-05-2015, 00:33
Make sure to check the default tune on the thing. I believe it has weight bias set to one side. Removing the bias might help a little.

The rear axle pulls the car to one side under acceleration which may be why the base tune is set like that. It is still a problem we wrestle with and are looking forward to our switch to the 2015 later this year, although it will be sad to see the old girls retire. It can be so stiff that the fronts lift off in certain areas if you tune to improve in other more important sectors. It's more pronounced now with more power in Pirelli than it was in Continental, which is the variant that Project Cars has done an amazing job replicating. The fact that we are having this conversation under the umbrella of a game is, well, amazing. We have this talk ALL THE TIME.

Shinzah
27-05-2015, 03:51
I love watching those things get the wheels in the air...

Almost every race. Its beautiful ;-;

Psychomatrix
28-05-2015, 18:13
I work for a team that ran 2 boss 302Rs in the grand sport class of the Continental Tire GT Challenge in the states. Gt4 is a very close but not exact representation of the series and grid competitors. The car and physics models are amazing.

That said, we fought the rear axle every single race. We'd make it as best we could in practice then had to rely on the driver essentially chucking it into the corners to get good rotation. However then your scrubbing off speed. It's an awesome car but requires special care when racing against more sophisticated suspensions. Even then it's a bear to make competitive without bop helping you out.

We overhauled the cars entirely and now run in the GTS class of the Pirelli World Challenge and are killing it. Stronger, more versatile parts, more power and heavily tweakable aero helped it out tremendously. Although...bop is coming in a few weeks. :culpability:

Big thanx for sharing your experiences
Wish you and your team good luck for next races

Fingerbang7227
25-06-2015, 13:39

Lukeymonster, great post and thank you! May I ask, what sort of rev limit do you guys use in races? I've been driving this car quite a bit (and love it btw), and feel that the rev limiter lights on the wheel are out of sync with the red warning light that pops up on the gear shift HUD (bottom right of screen)...e.g. I seem to hit the max rev light on the wheel well before the warning appears.

Maybe I'm just an idiot though ;)

Checkmate
15-04-2016, 12:19
I have a lot of real world experience with Hi po ' Stangs, and even a current production STOCK Pony outhandles my PS4 GT4. It is a top heavy, non-cornering, no grip HOG!!! I can bomb one around a large, fast road course using full-on 4 wheel drifting, but I'm stuck dead at Sakitto Int. No grip, and either wallows in turns like a '75 Buick or hangs the tail and gets supper twitchy. Im not even racing online, and after a 5 hour session of increasingly ridiculous settings, nothing is working. At all. Please, does anyone have any setups that will at least get it around the track to the checkers at a MEDIUM setting??? HELP!!!!!

AbeWoz
15-04-2016, 12:24
No, your correct, it is really bad. I have a lot of real world experience with Hi po ' Stangs, and for a current production STOCK Pony The GT4 is a top heavy, non-cornering, no grip HOG!!! I can bomb one around a large, fast road course using full-on 4 wheel drifting, but I'm stuck dead at Sakitto Int. No grip, and either wallows in turns like a '75 Buick or hangs the tail and gets supper twitchy. Not even racing online, and after a 5 hour session of increasingly ridiculous settings, nothing is working. At all. Please, does anyone have any setups that will at least get it around the track to the checkers at a MEDIUM setting??? HELP!!!!!

check the setup database: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Sankyo
15-04-2016, 12:48
I have a lot of real world experience with Hi po ' Stangs, and even a current production STOCK Pony outhandles my PS4 GT4. It is a top heavy, non-cornering, no grip HOG!!! I can bomb one around a large, fast road course using full-on 4 wheel drifting, but I'm stuck dead at Sakitto Int. No grip, and either wallows in turns like a '75 Buick or hangs the tail and gets supper twitchy. Im not even racing online, and after a 5 hour session of increasingly ridiculous settings, nothing is working. At all. Please, does anyone have any setups that will at least get it around the track to the checkers at a MEDIUM setting??? HELP!!!!!
Just checking one thing just to be sure, regarding comparing the game car's performance to your real-world experience: are you sure you're not driving/cornering much faster in-game than in real life? It's really easy in the game to underestimate your virtual speed because of the lack of sense of speed on a TV screen.