PDA

View Full Version : Any idea on time frame for PS4 patch?

seamastergmt
25-05-2015, 06:25
Anybody have any idea as to the timeframe of a patch to address issues? My main issue is the games' inability to save fast laps for anything, especially community events. I would really like to take part in the events and see my time and placement on the global board...

Max Kelly
25-05-2015, 07:15
days

Charlie2k
25-05-2015, 08:01
days

or Weeks, or Months! Great answer, thank you! :chargrined:

amazed
25-05-2015, 08:10
Once it is out of SMS remit, they have no way of knowing how long it will take.

Max Kelly
25-05-2015, 08:11
or Weeks, or Months! Great answer, thank you! :chargrined:perhaps weeks, but not months

FoxMulder
25-05-2015, 09:52
Once a patch gets submitted to Sony for certification it usually takes 1-2 weeks for it being available. I'd say at least a month from now, they have a lot of shit to fix.

LuckyMic
25-05-2015, 10:04
Sorry <delete it - wrong place> ;)

TheLethalDose
25-05-2015, 12:21
I believe the studio head said they are aiming for days until the patch is released.

Deadzone
25-05-2015, 12:49
I believe the studio head said they are aiming for days until the patch is released.

I think he was referring to the Xbox patch. I haven't seen any mention of a ps4 patch that's even been submitted to Sony yet.

darekspy
25-05-2015, 14:16
I hope that the patch will contain all the fixes , i hope :/

gotdirt410sprintcar
25-05-2015, 14:19
Long as they fix the wheel problems first I haven't been able to play the game

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 14:20
It's days (please god let it be so!) for the Xbox controller fix (among other things) weeks for the PS4 first patch.

Bounkass
25-05-2015, 14:21
I hope that the patch will contain all the fixes , i hope :/

Only the main issues most people suffer from most likely.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 14:21
Long as they fix the wheel problems first I haven't been able to play the game

Fanatec firmware is out of our hands. We can't 'fix' that.

darekspy
25-05-2015, 14:34
weeks for the PS4 first patch.

that is, will be a lot of fixes ?

geb69
25-05-2015, 14:41

Surely not.

But as you have promised full support of the GT3 RS on PS4 - which you could have make sure by testing it before making the announcement (which is something which surely has not happened!) and many (including me) have bought the game only because of this announcement - you have to make sure both sides are fixing their bugs with it as soon as possible. Nothing more, nothing less. Thank you for that!

And by the way, for the game too which looks really great. But as long as i cannot play it properly whith the wheel for which I have bought it, it is useless for me and waiting on the shelf getting dust.

Sik180sx
25-05-2015, 14:47

What do you mean by "we can't fix that that" just a tad worrying for me,it seems to me the firmware is not the issue but the way the game recognises it,please clarify on what you mean?I could have saved myself $100 (price of the game in aus)and kept playing gt6,as it stands i wasted $100.

Roger Prynne
25-05-2015, 14:50
What do you mean by "we can't fix that that" just a tad worrying for me,it seems to me the firmware is not the issue but the way the game recognises it,please clarify on what you mean?I could have saved myself $100 (price of the game in aus)and kept playing gt6,as it stands i wasted $100.
Exactly and the new firmware will fix this.... go talk to Fanatec.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 14:52

If you revert to previous firmware it works.

It will work on the next firmware also.

Sik180sx
25-05-2015, 14:54
Exactly and the new firmware will fix this.... go talk to Fanatec.

So how will i update my wheel with a new firmware if i don't own a pc?Because i don't.There hasn't been a firmware update for the turbo s for nearly three years now,and if you read the fanatec wheel support thread the previous firmware does not work.

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 14:58
So how will i update my wheel with a new firmware if i don't own a pc?Because i don't.
You can't yourself then. You'll need to have a PC or laptop to do this, or you'll need to contact Fanatec Support to arrange the firmware to be updated by a support agent.

geb69
25-05-2015, 15:01

Ok, with which Firmware was the GT3 RS tested on PS4? For which firmware the game was released?
It is not the 756 which is some years old.

I have even older 678 and 681 on my harddisk. Which one should I load? And is it worth it or should I wait for a patch? From whom?

darekspy
25-05-2015, 15:03
topic: it's time for patches , so we expect such a response .

Sik180sx
25-05-2015, 15:27

Haha how can you say that,you don't even know what firmware i'm using.I just want to be able to use my wheel,and what does roger up there mean by "go talk to fanatec" it's not there game.

Johnny_Aus
25-05-2015, 15:31

Ian, can you confirm that Fanatec are aware of the problem and releasing a firmware update? Your statement implies there will be a new firmware release that will of course support Project Cars better. Or at least that's what Fanatec have told you.

There are thousands of Fanatec customers on the PS4 who would breathe a sigh of relief if you could clarify that (to the best of your ability).

Genuinely there are many of us who simply do not (as good as the game is) play racing games with a controller and strictly use a wheel. I fall into that category. Some would say I'm stuborn, but after years of sim racing I simply cannot enjoy a controller.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 15:32
Ian, can you confirm that Fanatec are aware of the problem and releasing a firmware update? Your statement implies there will be a new firmware release that will of course support Project Cars better. Or at least that's what Fanatec have told you.

There are thousands of Fanatec customers on the PS4 who would breathe a sigh of relief if you could clarify that (to the best of your ability).

Genuinely there are many of us who simply do not (as good as the game is) play racing games with a controller and strictly use a wheel. I fall into that category. Some would say I'm stuborn, but after years of sim racing I simply cannot enjoy a controller.

I can't talk about third parties directly guys but I know things will get better.

Roger Prynne
25-05-2015, 15:33
Haha how can you say that,you don't even know what firmware i'm using.I just want to be able to use my wheel,and what does roger up there mean by "go talk to fanatec" it's not there game.
Sorry but I didn't mean it like that or sound rude, I meant try and find out from Fanatec about what's going on with their firmware..

MysterG
25-05-2015, 15:34

It has been said numerous times.

It is a firmware issue. SMS cannot fix firmware issues with 3rd party products.

Johnny_Aus
25-05-2015, 15:57
I can't talk about third parties directly guys but I know things will get better.

Understandable. Nevertheless I appreciate your confidence in your product. My gut tells me you guys at SMS will support the product damn well and if that's the case then people need to chill! That's what matters above all else because the core of the game is exceptional and it's extremely promising. I think many of us aren't expecting unrealistic time frames. As long as you guys are doing your best and genuinely passionate about making Project Cars all it can be.

Well that and of course delivering the patches within a "reasonable" time frame which I'm sure you'll do anyway. :rolleyes:

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 16:00
Understandable. Nevertheless I appreciate your confidence in your product. My gut tells me you guys at SMS will support the product damn well and if that's the case then people need to chill! That's what matters above all else because the core of the game is exceptional and it's extremely promising. I think many of us aren't expecting unrealistic time frames. As long as you guys are doing your best and genuinely passionate about making Project Cars all it can be.

Well that and of course delivering the patches within a "reasonable" time frame which I'm sure you'll do anyway. :rolleyes:

We will indeed, but this issue with firmware is not within our control. Our game is outputting as it should.

Johnny_Aus
25-05-2015, 16:56
We will indeed, but this issue with firmware is not within our control. Our game is outputting as it should.

I was actually just speaking for others there Ian. But fair enough if that's Fanatec's issue.

I've actually got the V2 Fanatec mate. Which for the most part is fine. My main issue is what some others have talked about and that's an option to turn off the the centring spring. That would make the WORLD of difference. And that's a pretty standard feature with PC sims and windows wheel configuring.

Also the wheel feels different from track to track and with different cars. Not just because of the difference in feeling of the vehicle characteristics.. but sort of like a random odd difference where the wheel setting just feel very different. So not sure what the go is. Perhaps the settings aren't saving properly. It feels like you need to change the wheel setting on a car by car basis. Which is something I've never had to do on the PC or other console sims like Forza or GT.

This in turn effects the immersion. And of course causes some frustration because you can't be as consistent because the feel is always changing.

morpwr
25-05-2015, 22:17
Are you going to turn off the centering spring or give us the option too with the ps4 update?If not ill be returning my game to amazon.As the combination of the playstation approved wheel and project cars is horrible.Beautiful game could be awesome but not the way it is now.no feel from the wheel equals horrible racing.

Mr_D
25-05-2015, 23:09
Wow that derailed fast.

I would genuinely like to know what timeframe we can expect a patch for the PS4. It seems like a hotfix is really needed.

gotdirt410sprintcar
26-05-2015, 00:51

It will work on the next firmware also. Last question do you have any idea when the new firmware will be out, i'm sure you guys are talking almost on a daily bases weeks lol

GBRC.C7
26-05-2015, 01:07
It has been said numerous times.

It is a firmware issue. SMS cannot fix firmware issues with 3rd party products.

Lots of talk about firmware being the problem but that patently is not the issue with the GT3 as the PC version of PCARS recognises the wheel correctly and the ps4 requires the wheel to be in PC mode to run.
It therefore has to be a driver issue not a firmware one the fact that fanatec supplied the driver and therefore presumably has to update it to fix this problem brings us back to the question of who tested this wheel on ps4?
We have also been told several times on the fanatec wheel thread that this issue is 'fixed' yet we are talking 'weeks' for a patch, well SMS have had 2 weeks already and another 10 days make it a month since launch.
let's have the truth from someone please.

luke_kingswood
26-05-2015, 01:36

What firmware is this? 681?

TheLethalDose
26-05-2015, 04:51
When I asked Fanatec about the above comments stating it was up to them releasing new firmware (I even linked them to this thread):

http://i.imgur.com/u5TSysz.png

madmax2069
26-05-2015, 04:58
When I asked Fanatec about the above comments stating it was up to them releasing new firmware (I even linked them to this thread):

http://i.imgur.com/u5TSysz.png

That almost smells of a copy n past reply, a typical reply from most customer service.

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 05:23
Wow that derailed fast.

I would genuinely like to know what timeframe we can expect a patch for the PS4. It seems like a hotfix is really needed.

Dude, can you read? Ian said "weeks". There's your timeframe.
By the way, a hotfix for the PS4 is not needed. :dejection:

skells22
26-05-2015, 05:33
i going to guess based on the fact we almost a month in the game we might get a patch with our 2nd free car

andyparks
26-05-2015, 11:08
Dude, can you read? Ian said "weeks". There's your timeframe.
By the way, a hotfix for the PS4 is not needed. :dejection:

You forgot to put end at the end of his name for releasing a unfinished game

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 11:15
You forgot to put end at the end of his name for releasing a unfinished game

Cut the attitude please. You've voiced your opinion about this very clear multiple times now.

Thanks.

Pablo2008jedi
26-05-2015, 11:24
Still no patch? k, thx, bai...

lethaLEEkill
26-05-2015, 11:27
[QUOTE=Ian Bell;941997]If you revert to previous firmware it works.

no it does not! I own a gt2 and none of the firmware works, unless i use csr firmware, but there was no r1 button to map to? making it impossible to navigate menus and not worth the risk to my wheel(unless sms is willing to pay for it:p).

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 11:31
[QUOTE=Ian Bell;941997]If you revert to previous firmware it works.

no it does not! I own a gt2 and none of the firmware works, unless i use csr firmware, but there was no r1 button to map to? making it impossible to navigate menus and not worth the risk to my wheel(unless sms is willing to pay for it:p).

Sorry, I might have been confusing it with a different Fanatec wheel. Too many posts to answer.

Fanatec and SMS are partners and we work well together. We'll be ensuring full compatibility for all of their wheels.

lethaLEEkill
26-05-2015, 11:36

maybe you should look at the the date our firmware was released, its from 2012! how could it possibly be a firmware issue! why revert back to old firmware, so i can then post that my game is super laggy unlees i continuously move my wheel, for someone then to reply that i need to update my firmware!!!

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 11:38
maybe you should look at the the date our firmware was released, its from 2012! how could it possibly be a firmware issue!

See my post above.

I actually got the information from another forum post on this forum. I can't find it just now. 'Fanatec workaround' I think.

lethaLEEkill
26-05-2015, 12:00
[QUOTE=lethaLEEkill;944249]

Sorry, I might have been confusing it with a different Fanatec wheel. Too many posts to answer.

Fanatec and SMS are partners and we work well together. We'll be ensuring full compatibility for all of their wheels.

I appologise for my tone in previous posts, I really love the game! this wheel issue is just so frustrating, all i want to do is play this as i know it will be. Has given me the time to fully complete my diy cockpit though! i've finnished now though, all i need is a patch!:p

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 12:02
I guess you're referring to the CSW v2 firmware? This is already being worked on at Fanatec.

All other Fanatec wheels should be on the currently available latest firmware.

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 12:10
It's days (please god let it be so!) for the Xbox controller fix (among other things) weeks for the PS4 first patch.
Will this include functional FFB(vibrate) for people who use a xbox one controller on PC, and are the rumble triggers going to be functional in the future?
Its allready great game but this would make playing on controller much more enjoyable for me ( i know i need a wheel:p)

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 12:12
Will this include functional FFB(vibrate) for people who use a xbox one controller on PC, and are the rumble triggers going to be functional in the future?
Its allready great game but this would make playing on controller much more enjoyable for me ( i know i need a wheel:p)

The patch for the PC version is already out.

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 12:41
The patch for the PC version is already out.
I'm afraid the latest patch did not solve my (or my friends) problems with the (wired) xbox one controller on PC.
The vibrate works but i gets "stuck" for random periods, i just tried again on time trial/quick race on FFB 50% and FFB at 100%.
If i accelerate and shift up i feel a "rumble" (good), except when i slow down to a stand still my controller is still vibrating for 5-15secs even when i'm standing still.
It's not flat spots of tire/car damage and i'm using all the latest drivers, but even after latest patch this still happens (also it keeps vibrating if i go into menu's).
Same if i hit a cerbstone, it vibrates as i would expect but lots of times it keeps vibrating for seconds after that (inconsistently, if tried matching conditions)
All of my friends with one controller on PC experience the same thing, thats why we all have i turned off again(FFB 0%), and feel like where missing out

FLX81
26-05-2015, 13:02
Since my question in the other thread was apparently overlooked because of all the noise, may I ask for some PS4 patch details in here?

What does "weeks" mean? 2, so coming with the first DLC? 4? 8? What will be part of that first patch? TBH there are a bunch of severe PS4 issues that made me nervous when I read that statement like crashes, freezes, T300 randomly acting insane, setups not being loaded correctly, race results being börked, the pit stop bugs, the AI vs tire choice woes that Doug thankfully fixed, races not starting randomly, UI issues, bugged trophies etc.

Its great how fast you tackled and fixed the xbone issues, but a bit more info on the PS4 front would be nice.

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 13:30
I guess you're referring to the CSW v2 firmware? This is already being worked on at Fanatec.

To add: this was a minor correction in the FW, nothing major that would be 'killing' the FFB.

andyparks
26-05-2015, 14:48
Cut the attitude please. You've voiced your opinion about this very clear multiple times now.

Thanks.

I've paid for a finished game that's not been finished what else am I supposed to do every time I race online the game pauses for a second then it goes back normal it dose this 4 or 5 times ever lap and don't say it's my connection because it's 153mb down and 12mb up Wired connection

jpl8910
26-05-2015, 16:39
friends is amazing ... now we can not demand that the problems should not come up with a product for which pay and should have at least a minimum quality control to not present the problem that currently has this game
the problem is not of us who demand that problems are solved with a patch as soon as possible, the problem is of WMD should and has to solve a product that delivers what it promised. they don't us a favor fixing bugs is his duty to do so and as soon as possible.
PD sorry for my English It is not my lenguage native

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:45
The patch is coming on the 29th.

If it misses I'll play you all my latest self penned song.

cluck
26-05-2015, 16:47

If it misses I'll play you all my latest self penned song.Please let the patch be delayed :)

Roger Prynne
26-05-2015, 16:50
If it misses I'll play you all my latest self penned song

Please don't :friendly_wink:

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 16:51
Please let the patch be delayed :)

Oh please god, no! :hopelessness:

;)

MysterG
26-05-2015, 16:53

If it misses I'll play you all my latest self penned song.

I thought the PS4 patch was 'weeks' not 'days' ??

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:54
I thought the PS4 patch was 'weeks' not 'days' ??

I'm referring to the Xbox patch above.

We have more cool stuff coming along right after for all platforms.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:54
Arse, I've just noticed this is the PS4 forum. Sorry!!. I use new posts only. They're coming in at a mammoth rate.

MysterG
26-05-2015, 16:55
But this is a PS4 thread ... isn't it ***runs to check where the heck I am ***

EDIT: See I told you I get ninja'd all the time .... does this mean we will be hearing the tune after all :)

EDIT2: Title edited for future clarity ;)

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:57
But this is a PS4 thread ... isn't it ***runs to check where the heck I am ***

EDIT: See I told you I get ninja'd all the time .... does this mean we will be hearing the tune after all :)

I'd put this one down to an 'administrative error'. Self-penned tune coming next time.

Goruk
26-05-2015, 17:18
So, not a realese date to a PS4 patch then?

Roger Prynne
Good God.....

MysterG

No. The PS4 patch is a number of weeks away still.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 17:19

No, we've focused on getting the more irksome Xbox controller issues out there as soon as possible.

The PS4 patches will run with the PC fixes we're adding constantly.

ctd
26-05-2015, 17:21
Arse, I've just noticed this is the PS4 forum. Sorry!!. I use new posts only. They're coming in at a mammoth rate.

Holding my breath now. More lawsuits are expected. :p

GenBrien
26-05-2015, 17:26
No. The PS4 patch is a number of weeks away still.
:(
would've hope sooner...
Oh well, I know the guys are working at their max and can't do much

Goruk
26-05-2015, 17:37
No, we've focused on getting the more irksome Xbox controller issues out there as soon as possible.

Meaning weakly updates like the PC guys?

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 17:38
Meaning weakly updates like the PC guys?

Meaning as soon as we have a decent list to be worthy of a patch.

Now, we have zero experience of how that plays through Sony so bear with us. We'll do everything we can from our side to expedite.

Goruk
26-05-2015, 17:49

Now, we have zero experience of how that plays through Sony so bear with us. We'll do everything we can from our side to expedite.

I just hope you guys get all sorted out, Iīm already loving the game (apart from the annoing bugs), I just imagine when all is working as it should be...:triumphant:

Martini Da Gasalini
26-05-2015, 18:11

Thanks Ian

bjosim
26-05-2015, 20:11
Ian, as punishment for making such a grave error, You will release a hotfix for the ghosting issue alone in two day max. That is my judgement upon You.

Bounkass
26-05-2015, 20:14

You never updated Shift and Shift 2?

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 20:16
You never updated Shift and Shift 2?

EA might have.

gotdirt410sprintcar
26-05-2015, 20:23

wheels not recognized I think would be on there, nothing wrong with the gt3rs just need to be able to calibrate and it should be good RIGHT.

morpwr
27-05-2015, 00:00

Seriously?Decent list?How about all of us that went and bought the ps4 approved t300 wheel with the centering spring turned on in the game giving zero grip feel regardless of settings.I had high hopes for this game but comments like this make me wonder where its really going.Great graphics and sound crap ffb with it like it is at least with this wheel regardless of settings.Dont get me wrong it has potential to be great but these kind of oversights make wonder.

seamastergmt
27-05-2015, 01:02
Thank you for the update Ian. I appreciate it.

Enjoying the game immensely so far.

Johnny_Aus
27-05-2015, 01:47

Yes I agree completely that Force Feedback for the wheels has to be of the highest priority.

The game is exceptional (with a few bug) in every other respect. Kudos.

But the FFB just kills the whole experience. It's lacklustre and your hands on the steering wheel is is your connection to the virtual world. That feel is what evokes all the emotion from us.

So that's why people are upset. Because the feeling now is washed out, incredibly stiff, and one feels DISCONNECTED from the car we're driving. From the moment we exit pit lane.

TBF, the day you guy acknowledge that, and undertake work to really understand where you have gone wrong and what needs to be done, is the day I salute you all.

Then when the patch is released and the FFB is like Assetto Corsa or iRacing (remember it's all about ACCURATE feedback - subtleties isn't a bad thing) will mark the moment I will support Slightly Mad Studios in all that they do/make. :)

Pablo2008jedi
27-05-2015, 06:56

lol, see you back on track in about 6 months time. Oh and forget about me buying DLC or pCARS2, this is unacceptable. Witcher 3, just out, has already had 2 patches on the PS4 in under 1 week of launch!!

CagierHarbor
27-05-2015, 07:42
"Meaning as soon as we have a decent list to be worthy of a patch"

I am waiting for three weeks already until I can play career mode like it should be. I am stuck at a GT5 race at Oschersleben, AI 90, controller, no aids. I know I can get a good result at this race but because it starts to rain after some laps I can't keep up with AI. They also don't use lights so I barely see them because of water spray.

I am loving this game and I play it a lot but things like this really frustrate me. I think these things shouldn't be in the final product but at least fix it as soon as possible. As I understand now it will take another few weeks extra.

And please don't tell me to lower AI or use another camera setting or something. As much frustrated as I am I can't stop playing this game though.

Pink_650S
27-05-2015, 08:00
lol, see you back on track in about 6 months time. Oh and forget about me buying DLC or pCARS2, this is unacceptable. Witcher 3, just out, has already had 2 patches on the PS4 in under 1 week of launch!!

The game works on PS4 :confused:

smoothherb
27-05-2015, 08:12
Weeks away? wow! When you submit the patch to Sony its going to take another 2-3 weeks! Iīm sad that I pre-ordered a game I canīt play until the Wheel works probably without a huge deatzone! Wish I would have saved my money.

Mascot
27-05-2015, 08:17

There was a day one patch for pCARS on PS4, so technically we are waiting for the second patch, which is on its way. Hold tight and be patient, it'll be here before you know it.

Fong74
27-05-2015, 09:02
The game works on PS4 :confused:

It surely does! Not in all aspects, but you can have great fun with it, even online. Flawless lobby performance while racing with 16 guys around almost every circuit included in the game. Tested that a lot since release as I come from an online racing community and that aspect is vital to us of course. Some extensions are needed to get the game league-ready, but hey, so long we do have fun with single races or small cups.

This game is something special! When the bugs and glitches get sorted out, which they will for sure, its a console racers dream-come-true. You had to have a PC before pCars hit the consoles. Now you can experience true simracing on a 399€ piece of HW. How cool is that!?

@Ian Bell:
I can imagine there are tons of issues hindering that, but would'nt it be a good idea to extend the PC beta community approach for consoles also? Partly at least? I bet lots of issues would have been found up-front by dedicated racers/testers...

FLX81
27-05-2015, 09:34

Man, I really hope you mean "as soon as we have a decent list of bugs being fixed" because otherwise your comment is a slap in the face of a lot of PS4 players. There surely is no shortage of severe bugs that would each warrant a patch alone. :grumpy:

Voxen
27-05-2015, 10:47

You can't compare both games. Witcher's team has maybe 10 times more people working on it than SMS on pCars.

pCars is an awesome game and all I hope is that it will be supported for a long time with regular patches.
I just fear that when the sales peak is over SMS stops investing on it and moves to another project.

Ian Bell
27-05-2015, 12:32
Man, I really hope you mean "as soon as we have a decent list of bugs being fixed" because otherwise your comment is a slap in the face of a lot of PS4 players. There surely is no shortage of severe bugs that would each warrant a patch alone. :grumpy:

Thanks for that Felix. Keep running with that torch.

The PS4 patch is on the way.

CRU5557
27-05-2015, 12:42
204755 ;)

CRU5557
27-05-2015, 12:46
Take how much time you need guys... Ps4 is playable enough....

TheLethalDose
27-05-2015, 13:13

Speak for yourself mate.

How many more people are going to say "I dunno wat u guise r complanin bout da game workz heps gud."

Maybe just maybe some people are more observant or are playing with on different game modes or equipment to you.

Fong74
27-05-2015, 13:42
Thats definitely true. Staying in areas where the game works fine already and being lucky having a wheel that also works just fine already leads to posts stating that the game runs good so far.

Its true for me, too.

Im only doing free practice runs to set up my car and then race online with my friends. So far, no major issues, but some bugs for sure, most of which are known and addressed. Lets give SMS the time to sort things out... I feel that the game is worth the patience.

Goruk
27-05-2015, 15:48
Thanks for that Felix. Keep running with that torch.

The PS4 patch is on the way.

I believe he just want the best for your customers. Having your best platform seller complaining about bugs and errors and glitches and more bugs is not exactly ideal...

Out of curiosity, who the hell test the game on consoles???

Last sunday iīve played almost all afternoon, every single time I exit an event I had to disconnect and reconnect my wheel, and iīm not even mention the dizzy feeling i had after a couple of hours.
Yes itīs playable but really annoing and a lot improvable.

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 15:49
"Tom"

<runs away>

Goruk
27-05-2015, 15:57
"Tom"

<runs away>

So.... Tomīs the one to blame....

"TOM COME HERE"
*slaps belt on hand

Fong74
27-05-2015, 16:03

There are lots of dedicated racers out there that would love to support the Project especially for the console versions (like during the PC Beta) :angel:

Give us a chance and we will deliver as we are really thankful for a true racing simulation on consoles after all those years we had to spend with "simcades"...

trancend
27-05-2015, 17:48

So does Project CARS support the Fanatec wheels, or does Fanatec's wheels support Project CARS?

What is said above seems to imply that Fanatecs hardware device is supposed to support the pCars software, but I thought the way things traditionally worked was that software supported hardware devices, not vice versa?

Could ypu please explain why your software cannot support their hardware/firmware?

dustyjo
27-05-2015, 18:16
So.... Tomīs the one to blame....

"TOM COME HERE"
*slaps belt on hand
He spent most of the time eating burgers, so no wonder.

joking_aura
27-05-2015, 19:01

Mr. Bell: There is nothing more irksome to me than having a wheel, the only officially supported PS4 FFB wheel (T300), that does not work with the game. Sure there are work arounds, but the center spring issue cannot be worked around and kills all feel. I get more feel from Driveclub at the moment. I expected more from a "sim." It's also really annoying that I have to tweak every car to even get something remotely usable. The default settings are so far off from usable. I am afraid to spend too much time tweaking the settings because I don't know how much the center spring issue is effecting the feel. Please give the PS4 users the respect we deserve.

jpl8910
27-05-2015, 19:28

This is unacceptable not have any bug enough to fix ... or maybe have not played in the rain against the AI That in itself is only one reason to make a patch. this may not be for you, but for those who bought it affects us the game experience and a reputable company, at least if the error is so small and would be resolved

farrgough
27-05-2015, 20:49
This is unacceptable not have any bug enough to fix ... or maybe have not played in the rain against the AI That in itself is only one reason to make a patch. this may not be for you, but for those who bought it affects us the game experience and a reputable company, at least if the error is so small and would be resolved

I read Ian's comments differently. I believe Ian is saying that the team need a decent list of dev resolved defects/bugs before releasing a patch.

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 20:52
right, there's a certain "overhead" for each patch so they collect them into a package. In Operations Research we call this technique "batching"

CRU5557
27-05-2015, 21:20
Mr. Bell: There is nothing more irksome to me than having a wheel, the only officially supported PS4 FFB wheel (T300), that does not work with the game. Sure there are work arounds, but the center spring issue cannot be worked around and kills all feel. I get more feel from Driveclub at the moment. I expected more from a "sim." It's also really annoying that I have to tweak every car to even get something remotely usable. The default settings are so far off from usable. I am afraid to spend too much time tweaking the settings because I don't know how much the center spring issue is effecting the feel. Please give the PS4 users the respect we deserve.

Feeling from my T300 is absolutely fantastic! I can feel everything... Best FFB Ever! Just don't be lazy and set it correctly... Central spring is not as big issue as you have presented here...

GBRC.C7
27-05-2015, 22:04
Off topic, but only slightly.

I've just come home and opened this thread and read the latest posts from this evening.

Twice I've typed a response, with quotes from recent posts, only to pause then delete everything I've typed before posting.

What's the point in posting a reply to a comment about batching? most of us understand the commercial realities but what does any of this thread actually mean other than SMS are "doing their best to resolve issues, 3rd party issues are beyond their control & SMS have no understanding of the Playstation Patch process because they have never done it before.....

Perhaps I should of deleted my third iteration and not hit the post button on this one too, but I've had a few drinks, been out to meet my mother for her 80th birthday celebration with family and am a bit cranky and tired of people talking about stuff that may or may not be true.

ps, when are the FBI. going to black bag Sepp Blatter? He's due for a 'Patch' too surely.

siemens123
27-05-2015, 23:27
Thats definitely true. Staying in areas where the game works fine already and being lucky having a wheel that also works just fine already leads to posts stating that the game runs good so far.

Its true for me, too.

Im only doing free practice runs to set up my car and then race online with my friends. So far, no major issues, but some bugs for sure, most of which are known and addressed. Lets give SMS the time to sort things out... I feel that the game is worth the patience.

in what world are u living? u cant even save the car setups or FFB settings ...

joking_aura
27-05-2015, 23:30
Feeling from my T300 is absolutely fantastic! I can feel everything... Best FFB Ever! Just don't be lazy and set it correctly... Central spring is not as big issue as you have presented here...

What are your settings? I'm looking for solutions. Calling me lazy is not productive. I can feel everything too, but there are effects that should not be there. For instance when I drive the Clio cup car if I get terrible shaking on a straight. I shouldn't be fighting the wheel that much. I have used the jack spade setting as a starting point.

siemens123
27-05-2015, 23:39
What are your settings. I'm not here to complain. I'm looking for solutions. Calling me lazy is not productive. I can feel everything too, but there are effects that should not be there. For instance when I drive the Clio cup car if I get terrible shaving on a straight. I shouldn't be fighting the wheel that much. I have used the jack spade setting as a starting point.

dont mind him. i saw a lot of guys like him in Driveclub forums. probably he has no clue about all the important problems of this game.
this game needs a patch sooner than "weeks". it's been almost a month already since release.

joking_aura
27-05-2015, 23:51
dont mind him. i saw a lot of guys like him in Driveclub forums. probably he has no clue about all the important problems of this game.
this game needs a patch sooner than "weeks". it's been almost a month already since release.
I really don't get all the apologists on this forum. I have seen people on here say their wheel works perfectly with no adjustments. I don't know what world the live in, but my wheel is so unnatural feeling no matter how I set it. There are nearly 40 separate sliders to adjust FFB yet the dev does not even tell the user what most of them do. I like the fact that I can tweak things, but don't want to have to make wholesale changes just to get the wheel to feel ok. It's not laziness on my part. If anything it is the dev that was lazy and non committal. If everyone seems to think jack spades settings are good why not use them as defaults rather than having ever setting at 100. I have found fy needs to be nearer to 20 in order to feel somewhat natural and not overpower the other effects. I hope the patch gives us an option to reset the default value to something that is more usable for every car so I don't have to spend hours doing it myself and hope the game does not reset them for me.

siemens123
28-05-2015, 00:29
a list of couple of things that should come as soon as possible in the patch. feel free to add more. maybe some exist already and i havent noticed them (i have the game for 2 weeks now) ...
P.S. yes i know that are threads already for this , but i'm taking the opportunity that IAN reads and answers this one. I havent seen him responding in other ones, especially in bug reports. and some of them arent even mentioned anywhere:

1.Being able to save car setups and FFB settings;
2.T300 central spring option on/off;
3.Being able to watch race if u are in the online lobby and the race has started (or if u race ... quit to lobby and not only quit the lobby);
4.A decent spotter for dead zones (audio or with arrows and colors);
5.Being able to see all the online lobbies and not only 20;
6.Being able to chat (written) in online lobbies;
7.Pit crew with decent animation;
8.A simplified version of pit setup (entering the pit and in 10 seconds to be able just to chose the type of tires - front/rear ,how many fuel to put in and do all repairs if necessary);
9.After the host leaves the online lobby , automatically the next guy in line becomes host and the lobby doesnt drop or get stuck;
10.Host should start the session or room have an auto start timer set by host;
11.Host being able to kick players;
12.More lobby info in the lobbies list;
13.Ability to name the lobby;
14.Sound glitches;
15.Cars hitting the walls before exiting some pits;
16.Blurring and ghosting issues;
17.AI cars too quick in the rain;
18. feel free to add more ...

CRU5557
28-05-2015, 05:19
1. not drive club forum in my interest.. never
2. Im start playing sim racing since 1987 - accolade grand prix circuit from my avatar - there everything begins
3. pCars is one of most accurate game that ever made and only one sim racing that was made on consoles from times of RBR
4. Yes Im spend few hours by setting my ffb for feeling nice to me... and you can set almost everything you want and need...
5. Yes I see the game has many issues but there is nothing that makes it "uplayable or broken" just lot of minor issues

CRU5557
28-05-2015, 05:24
And hope that dead zone indicators never come to pCars its a stupid and race breaking feature..

darekspy
28-05-2015, 08:25
a list of couple of things that should come as soon as possible in the patch. feel free to add more. maybe some exist already and i havent noticed them (i have the game for 2 weeks now) ...
P.S. yes i know that are threads already for this , but i'm taking the opportunity that IAN reads and answers this one. I havent seen him responding in other ones, especially in bug reports. and some of them arent even mentioned anywhere:

3.Being able to watch race if u are in the online lobby and the race has started (or if u race ... quit to lobby and not only quit the lobby);
8.A simplified version of pit setup (entering the pit and in 10 seconds to be able just to chose the type of tires - front/rear ,how many fuel to put in and do all repairs if necessary);
9.After the host leaves the online lobby , automatically the next guy in line becomes host and the lobby doesnt drop or get stuck;
14.Sound glitches;

19.replays fixed

andyparks
28-05-2015, 08:39
Still waiting

madmax2069
28-05-2015, 08:44

14.Sound glitches;

#9 already happens, when the host leaves the lobby the next person that joined after the host automatically becomes host, although this can get bugged out on a few occasions, but works 9 times out of 10.

Fong74
28-05-2015, 10:08
in what world are u living? u cant even save the car setups or FFB settings ...

In a world where saving setups works just fine :cool: What do you expect? Should I lie to you? Unfortunately I wont, so cope with it: for many ppl it works just fine! Maybe you are overwriting your setups by not selecting spcific locations but accepting to overwrite them all which is default when handling sets in the garage? Just a guess as I have already experienced ppl talking about a bug, but what they did was to destroy their setup work by a careless saving operation as they ignored the warning shown.

p.s.:
I am using the digital version of the game btw. Dont know if that is relevant in that context.

DozUK
28-05-2015, 10:54
19.replays fixed

20. Laptimes in Timetrial and driver network to always register
21. Telemetry to be viewable on replays and in pit
22. Tyres, wear indicator and ai adapting to correct speeds on the tyre they're using
23. Forwarding time won't lead to incorrect ai lap times

Love the game by the way, it's fantastic

_MB_
28-05-2015, 13:50
delete wrong thread

Johnny_Aus
28-05-2015, 14:49
In a world where saving setups works just fine :cool: What do you expect? Should I lie to you? Unfortunately I wont, so cope with it: for many ppl it works just fine! Maybe you are overwriting your setups by not selecting spcific locations but accepting to overwrite them all which is default when handling sets in the garage? Just a guess as I have already experienced ppl talking about a bug, but what they did was to destroy their setup work by a careless saving operation as they ignored the warning shown.

p.s.:
I am using the digital version of the game btw. Dont know if that is relevant in that context.

In my experience the problem is this:

- When you're at a track and then go to "tuning", you can make your adjustments and then save them. They will stay saved for that car at that track.

- However if you go to your Garage through the options (start button) at the home page (for example) and then tune your car... no matter how you save it, for one track, or FOR ALL tracks, it 100% Definitely DOES NOT save.

I've tested this a few times.

So I've got a feeling that those who say it "Works" are saying this because they're tuning their car in the pits just before driving. Like I said, it then saves it properly for that track/car combo.

HeeseyChelmet
28-05-2015, 14:58
soon I hope. Xbone update (1.3) just got pushed out today.

Jweaver
28-05-2015, 15:20
soon I hope. Xbone update (1.3) just got pushed out today.

I am a tiny bit deflated after reading the release notes for 1.3.. I am assuming that the PS4 and XB1 version share some of the same issues, yet few of the ones fixed in 1.3 are not affecting me... And the ones I want fixed are not mentioned.

Hopefully the PS4 patch will be a different case and will bring more improvements and enhancements.. But i have my doubts.

Jon

FoxMulder
28-05-2015, 15:36

- When you're at a track and then go to "tuning", you can make your adjustments and then save them. They will stay saved for that car at that track.

- However if you go to your Garage through the options (start button) at the home page (for example) and then tune your car... no matter how you save it, for one track, or FOR ALL tracks, it 100% Definitely DOES NOT save.

So I've got a feeling that those who say it "Works" are saying this because they're tuning their car in the pits just before driving. Like I said, it then saves it properly for that track/car combo.

I tuned a RUF GT3 at Monza. I liked the tuning and went to My Garage, loaded the setup, then saved this setup under 'All'. Now I have the setup on every track I join online. I dunno what you're doing but it's working for me.

GraySmithMusic
29-05-2015, 00:46

I do my tuning changes in My Garage, save them to all tracks, and they're always there when I go back, select the car in Career, or Solo.

GraySmithMusic
29-05-2015, 00:47
I dunno what you're doing but it's working for me.

Yes, and me.

Fong74
29-05-2015, 07:51
I tuned a RUF GT3 at Monza. I liked the tuning and went to My Garage, loaded the setup, then saved this setup under 'All'. Now I have the setup on every track I join online. I dunno what you're doing but it's working for me.

Exactly this. Thats how it works for me too.

I even saved specific setups to some selected tracks and compared the values there later on as I already also tended to believe there must be something wrong after reading lots of complaints. But all is just fine tbh.

What does not work from time to time is the livery selection. I choose the #88 livery e.g., go to free practice, and have a different paint-job on the car. I was wondering if that might accompany the different-setup-values effect reported. But it doesnt. The setup remained as saved, only the livery was a different one. That happens from time to time only. Most of the time I have my favourite #88 paint job on the car...

siemens123
29-05-2015, 18:17

14.Sound glitches;

found another major and important one ... in multiplayer sessions the game freezes for about 1 second or 2 every 30 seconds for like 3-4 minutes. When it happens makes the game unplayable ...

gotdirt410sprintcar
29-05-2015, 18:20
Exactly this. Thats how it works for me too.

I even saved specific setups to some selected tracks and compared the values there later on as I already also tended to believe there must be something wrong after reading lots of complaints. But all is just fine tbh.

What does not work from time to time is the livery selection. I choose the #88 livery e.g., go to free practice, and have a different paint-job on the car. I was wondering if that might accompany the different-setup-values effect reported. But it doesnt. The setup remained as saved, only the livery was a different one. That happens from time to time only. Most of the time I have my favourite #88 paint job on the car... I think each car has to be tuned I think and saved if you do it right lol

ImStylinOnYaBro
29-05-2015, 19:23
don't forget the bug where in career you race and the laps don't count. you do lap 1 , then at the start of lap two it remains lap 1 and you have ot restart and usually you're in the zone driving and don't notice it until the race doesn't seem to end. then you realize you just wasted 5-10 minutes.

jpbonadio
29-05-2015, 19:30
Hey SMS render team, if you are reading this, don't forget to enable the impostor reflections that were supposed to be in the day one patch, but wasn't.

GBRC.C7
31-05-2015, 20:58
Wow, the ps4 patch thread had dropped down to page 3 of the PS4 Help & support section.

BTTT (back to the top)

What's the status on this, how close are we...
Is it still in house at SMS, gone to Namco and/or Sony?

Where do we stand right now?

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 21:01
It will be out when its done

GBRC.C7
31-05-2015, 21:06
It will be out when its done
We know that, and we know that the Xbone patch has been done, the simple question I asked was what stage the ps4 patch currently is at, happy to wait for an answer from someone who has that information. :o

morpwr
31-05-2015, 21:24
We know that, and we know that the Xbone patch has been done, the simple question I asked was what stage the ps4 patch currently is at, happy to wait for an answer from someone who has that information. :o

Yes im kind of surprised we haven't heard anything in days.For those of us with t300/500s that don't work right some kind of an update would be nice.

bjosim
31-05-2015, 21:27
He already said "weeks", there's no point in repeating the same for at least a few more days. :)

gotdirt410sprintcar
31-05-2015, 21:32
He already said "weeks", there's no point in repeating the same for at least a few more days. :)
Its been long enough I have thirteen hours of racing since day one release something needs to happen quick NOT HAPPY. And next time make sure the game works before you release it I will wait for a finished game than a game that is broke. I guess its not completely broke but pretty bad as far as wheels go a lot of people went out spent money and thought they where good to go.

morpwr
31-05-2015, 21:39
Yeah well weeks from when ?This game has been out for a while and many of us cant/wont play for various serious problems with the game.Issues with dumb things in the game I get and can live with until they get fixed.FFb and wheels that don't work right especially the sony approved wheel is unacceptable at this point.It needs to be addressed asap.Definitely wont be buying pc2 until its out for awhile so I don't have to go through this crap again.

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 21:41
In the end does it really matter if you know or not ?

Bounkass
31-05-2015, 21:47
Yeah well weeks from when ?This game has been out for a while and many of us cant/wont play for various serious problems with the game.Issues with dumb things in the game I get and can live with until they get fixed.FFb and wheels that don't work right especially the sony approved wheel is unacceptable at this point.It needs to be addressed asap.Definitely wont be buying pc2 until its out for awhile so I don't have to go through this crap again.

Weeks from the 25th, when Ian said it. My best guess would be the 2nd week of June, if Ian can bring it in his mentioned time frame. Be a little patient people. It's hard and a lot of work for SMS. The pressure is on.

I'm sure they've already solved numerous things, but they want to solve most of them in upcoming update. Patience is key. Play something else if it's so unplayable. It will only be more fun for you if you wait for the update then.

morpwr
31-05-2015, 21:48
Im sure many of us would like to know whats going on with this.So yes it does.

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 21:59
Im sure many of us would like to know whats going on with this.So yes it does.

Its been stated numerous times that its being worked on, and thats alll you really need to know. You dont really need to know its progress, and you dont really need to know when its being released.

You might think it makes a difference but in the end it really doesn't.

Going on about it doesnt change anything.

morpwr
31-05-2015, 22:35
Its been stated numerous times that its being worked on, and thats alll you really need to know. You dont really need to know its progress, and you dont really need to know when its being released.

Being I am the consumer with a product that doesn't work right it does.If yours works right why do you care what I think?

GBRC.C7
31-05-2015, 22:40

You don't know me or anything about Me, but you presume what I need and don't need to know. On what basis is your assumption?

Edit, who are you anyway? For someone who it doesn't matter because you've been 'told' it's being sorted in the coming weeks near 30 posts a day in the last fortnight seems like a bit OCD to me!

morpwr
31-05-2015, 22:49
You don't know me or anything about Me, but you presume what I need and don't need to know. On what basis is your assumption?

Im not doing this with you.

GBRC.C7
31-05-2015, 23:02
Im not doing this with you.
@morpwr, my bad, saw the response from madmax2069 and misread that it was quoting you not me. Not lookin to drag this thread into an argument just looking for some information before my next chemotherapy session.

siemens123
31-05-2015, 23:29

Take a hike ...

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 23:31
Take a hike ...

Sorry but I dont have to.

diesel97
31-05-2015, 23:47
If you use that little thing called a "search " you would have read that Ian said FRiday that they submitted the patch to namco or is it bamco any ways that was the latest

ChrisK
01-06-2015, 00:24
If you use that little thing called a "search " you would have read that Ian said FRiday that they submitted the patch to namco or is it bamco any ways that was the latest

This is really not a very helpful answer. A search for "ps4 patch" yields hundreds of results. How could we pick up ian bells comments about patch details made on Friday ?

What would be helpful is a patch sticky with the first post by ian updated regularly with anticipated timeframes and progress. At the moment the information is scattered everywhere and doesn't make a lot of sense about what is and isn't going to be addressed. I think the wmd are doing an honorable thing keeping in touch with their customer base by being in this forum but imo its making their life more difficult by not being a more organized and having a dedicated patch thread.

No doubt some people have a bad attitude and whine about everything in an unproductive way. But equally, some people's bad attitude comes from this laxcidszial attitude like the developers are somehow doing me a huge favour by patching the bugs in a game I paid for and me needing to be eternally grateful for me getting a fully functioning product.

smoothherb
01-06-2015, 08:14
Lol, this getting ridiculous! Spend 70 € on a product I canīt use. In every other business I would get a refund. I never will pre order again from this company. The worst thing is teh communication and the members constantly defending this behaviour. Good AAA Games get 2 Patches in the first weak. We donīt even get real Infos. Its one thing if a game has some bugs, its another if its totally unplayable. (Using a Fanatec wheel with broken FFB and huge Deadzone. AI is not effected by weather or tyre wear...)
So now enjoy defending the devs and the game.

Pink_650S
01-06-2015, 08:29
The worst thing is teh communication and the members constantly defending this behaviour.

Its actually the best thing about this, the devs are willing to listen to our feedback and try to improve the game as soon as possible. The members defending it might be able to play the game and also see the effort of the team at SMS and WMD. You clearly dont see it, all you see is you, you, you.

Good AAA Games get 2 Patches in the first weak.

Good AAA Titles dont need patches in the first week.

We donīt even get real Infos.

We definitely do get info, you must be new here.

So now enjoy defending the devs and the game.

l am, l love defending and supporting hard working and honest people.

MULTIVITZ
01-06-2015, 08:50
Here, here. I've seen improvements already on my ps4, but I read somewhere we can't havs the telemetry app! Give them a break, everyday you get someone having a rant, theres lots of copies being sold all the time! Where are all the complaints?? Can't be that bad, I'm having no problems, except for the lack of tyre blanket/scrub options!! Oh abd the chase cam is super hard to control for doing side views when tuning!!!!!!!!
Miner gripes compared to some peoples hardware issues, but you know what ms are like, I've been telling people for years, just look at windows! To shut my pc down I just flick the switch, never had to defrag in over 10 years. Not joking.
I do restarts now and then.

CagierHarbor
01-06-2015, 08:51
The only thing we know is it will be "weeks". No info on content, no updates. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't doubt the devs passion and hard working but what's wrong with updating your community in a more proper way?
In the end we are dealing with a product that was sold full priced, and I think it's more than worth it, but has it's problems. I think customers deserve to be informed more than they get now. Because all I read is things like "weeks", "we are doing all we can", "just sit down and wait", "don't question SMS".

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 08:58
The only thing we know is it will be "weeks". No info on content, no updates. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't doubt the devs passion and hard working but what's wrong with updating your community in a more proper way?
In the end we are dealing with a product that was sold full priced, and I think it's more than worth it, but has it's problems. I think customers deserve to be informed more than they get now. Because all I read is things like "weeks", "we are doing all we can", "just sit down and wait", "don't question SMS".

Latest info on the patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28484-INFO-INSIDE-Update-for-PS4&p=952700&viewfull=1#post952700

Reason why you have no patch notes yet: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28484-INFO-INSIDE-Update-for-PS4&p=952793&viewfull=1#post952793

Honestly, how more clear answers do you want? They can't tell you the exact date because they simply don't know. It's not in the hand of SMS unfortunately. That's how development/patch on current gen consoles works unfortunately.

MULTIVITZ
01-06-2015, 08:59
Fair point. But the clue is in the games title. Acept it and help enpower the creative drive to make an awsome mind blowing, uncomplainable experience for all. That was a mouthful lol.
Easy fella.
Thanks for the links..its not easy searching on here you know!

Pink_650S
01-06-2015, 09:03
Latest info on the patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28484-INFO-INSIDE-Update-for-PS4&p=952700&viewfull=1#post952700

Reason why you have no patch notes yet: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28484-INFO-INSIDE-Update-for-PS4&p=952793&viewfull=1#post952793

Honestly, how more clear answers do you want? They can't tell you the exact date because they simply don't know. It's not in the hand of SMS unfortunately. That's how development/patch on current gen consoles works unfortunately.

With this, l dont think there should be any major questions left.

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 09:09
Thanks for the links..its not easy searching on here you know!

See my sig. ;)

A general search function advice: Advanced Search -> Search single content type -> Search "patch" by user "Ian Bell" -> Show results as: Posts -> Profit!

CagierHarbor
01-06-2015, 09:28
Thanks Bealdor.
I think Ian or SMS would do us and theirselves a great favor by making a stickied topic with this info. Then indeed we or I won't post in topics like this.

Mascot
01-06-2015, 09:42
See my sig. ;)

A general search function advice: Advanced Search -> Search single content type -> Search "patch" by user "Ian Bell" -> Show results as: Posts -> Profit!

This needs adding to the technical manual, if one ever appears.

Pablo2008jedi
01-06-2015, 09:57
I can't f*ing believe we are still waiting for a patch! I have lost all faith

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 09:58

Did you read my post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27680-Any-idea-on-time-frame-for-PS4-patch&p=959506&viewfull=1#post959506)? They're on it, patches take time unfortunately.

Sankyo
01-06-2015, 09:59
Sounds more like you've lost all comprehension of how game development works?

Pablo2008jedi
01-06-2015, 10:09
Did you read my post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27680-Any-idea-on-time-frame-for-PS4-patch&p=959506&viewfull=1#post959506)? They're on it, patches take time unfortunately.

I know they are "working on it" but its simply too long, CD Project Red just released a game 2 weeks ago, already been patched several times on PS4 (its not badly broken)

I've already told some friends to wait at least 6 months on buying pCARS due to its bugs (on PC and PS4) If patches came out quicker bad PR could have been avoided.

Pablo2008jedi
01-06-2015, 10:12

I know exactly how it works, having spent 15 years in software development I know how long things take. I know there is a process of approval to get things out the door for consoles. I know its not simple.

But it's far better to patch smaller and often. Large patches tend to take a longer time due to regression testing to make sure a fix doesn't break something else. Smaller fixes are quicker to test. I'd rather have a patch every week to fix a couple of issues than wait weeks/months for a large patch.

To me this doesn't looks like bug fixing, but a re-write of some major code to take this long in providing a patch. Proving the console releases as Beta as we already know very little testing was done on consoles.

morpwr
01-06-2015, 10:41

The big problem im sure most of us complaining have is this game was supposedly held back for many months for release so issues like this didnt happen.OK im good with that but then to release it on multiple platforms with probably the two most popular wheels not working properly is rediculous and then having to wait nearly a month to fix it.Thrustmaster pushed this game and its the official sony wheel so its the last thing i would have expected to see.Game bugs i get but not having wheels work in a racing sim/game?

lethaLEEkill
01-06-2015, 10:55
:p

yeah, what a fool he must of been around when they actually finnished games before releasing them!:)

Pablo2008jedi
01-06-2015, 11:01
:p

yeah, what a fool he must of been around when they actually finnished games before releasing them!:)

The internet has spoilt developers..... Time before the internet a lot more money was spent on QA ... now very little is !

Iamlegion
01-06-2015, 11:23
The internet has spoilt developers..... Time before the internet a lot more money was spent on QA ... now very little is !

and who can blame them for having a efficient process?
I'd rather have a game half a year earlier and ongoing support, than a game in a year with no support, which probably still has bugs because the games today are so complex, that a thorough testing isn't even in the budget.
Especially if the game is already so great to begin with.

GPRoadRunner
01-06-2015, 11:26
I don't know what's more frustrating now, Not being able to use my wheel or having to read to whiners moan about it not being out yet.

I come here to get some information about a patch i've been waiting for, to see the progress of it, to see what will be included, but all i get is people whining,
"it's not out yet" "devs suck" " i've paid all this money", just give it a rest, they know people are frustrated, heck i am. But crying about it doesn't change it.

But i'm not sticking up for them either, as it should never of been a problem. But please just stop ranting about it, it's been worked on and it's coming. Use the link that the mod posted and all questions are answered. So can we please use this thread for actual information like that, not crying and whining.

Thank You.

Pablo2008jedi
01-06-2015, 11:32
I don't know what's more frustrating now, Not being able to use my wheel or having to read to whiners moan about it not being out yet.

I come here to get some information about a patch i've been waiting for, to see the progress of it, to see what will be included, but all i get is people whining,
"it's not out yet" "devs suck" " i've paid all this money", just give it a rest, they know people are frustrated, heck i am. But crying about it doesn't change it.

But i'm not sticking up for them either, as it should never of been a problem. But please just stop ranting about it, it's been worked on and it's coming. Use the link that the mod posted and all questions are answered. So can we please use this thread for actual information like that, not crying and whining.

Thank You.

Welcome to the internet... it gets rough here sometimes....

GPRoadRunner
01-06-2015, 11:40
I'm not going to stoop down to your level and throw insults at you or someone else.

If your not going to post new news just don't post. Simple.

ChrisK
01-06-2015, 12:37

Why wouldn't you just create locked sticky thread with the latest update info rather than wasting your time linking posts buried in threads, or wasting our time as customers asking us to search for the info. It's taken you 10x longer to be cute rather than provide a sensible alternative everyone can see and access very easily.

darekspy
05-06-2015, 21:59
so when patch ???

Bealdor
05-06-2015, 22:01
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=968098&viewfull=1#post968098