PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans tire temperatures

Terrell Olvera
25-05-2015, 06:36
After watching the tuning videos, I figured I would give it a try and since I just unlocked the 24 Hours of Le Mans invitational, I figured I would do it right and create a dedicated Le Mans setup for the Aston Martin GT3 car.

First, I closed up the radiator and the brake ducts a bit, reduced downforce and changed the final drive for increased speed.

Then after some laps I realized that the tires would never really heat up, so I increased the front tire pressure all the way to 2.5 Bar and left the rears at 2.1 Bar to try and get them even, but I could never get enough heat in the front tires. I changed the front toe a bit (from -0.1 to -0.3) but that didn't seem to do anything either for the temperatures.

What else should I be looking at? More negative front toe? Most of the beginner tuning guides say that temperatures can be increased by increasing the tire pressure, but I've already maxed that out...

Jens Schmitt
25-05-2015, 06:42
At lemans its very hard tokeepthe tire heatup. Only thing i do is breaking very hard into corners and i steer a bit more to produce understeer. Some diff. Lock to get at the rear a bit wheelspin.

LextersQuest
25-05-2015, 07:46
Quick question on reading the tire temp.
On the telemetrie you seen the tire with 3 numbers above it. above left above right and center.

Can i assume that for each tire the temp showing on the above inside is the temp for inside of tire (so for left tire its the above right - and for right tire i would be the above left)

NVI0U5
25-05-2015, 07:52
Reducing tire pressures, allows sidewall to flex thus generating heat, also if you close up the brake ducts you can also generate heat that way too

MULTIVITZ
25-05-2015, 08:25
Whats he said:rolleyes:

hkraft300
25-05-2015, 12:27
Reducing tire pressures, allows sidewall to flex thus generating heat, also if you close up the brake ducts you can also generate heat that way too

^+1 I close brake ducts to help keep the tires hot. +2-3% front brake bias if necessary.

Can i assume that for each tire the temp showing on the above inside is the temp for inside of tire (so for left tire its the above right - and for right tire i would be the above left)

Ya