PDA

View Full Version : T300 Happy Users?

MLT24
25-05-2015, 07:18
Are there any happy T300rs PS4 users? Keep reading all these problems. Are those a small % or does the wheel have major problems? Tx for help as I was planning to purchase one.

PureMalt77
25-05-2015, 07:33
I've purchased mine in replacement of my old G27 and, after software upgrade (V27) it works like a charm. I don't have any of the problems often reported here.

thetoneranger
25-05-2015, 08:07
Only just bought mine and not done the firmware thing yet, but the FFB feels bloody great to me, even without doing the software upgrade. I absolutely love the FFB as it is, i haven't done any tweaking at all, Feels great as is. Bug's aside, What an AWESOME title pCARS is. Only bought a PS4 and the T300rs to play pCARS and i think it was worth every penny. Can i ask you mate, you know when you do the initial install of the thrustmaster profiler, when it asks you to plug in your wheel, do you have to have the swithch on the wheel set to the PS3 position when you are instructed to connect your wheel to the computer? (FOR PS4 DRIVERS)?

GoTaLL
25-05-2015, 08:15
bought a few weeks ago and works great with project cars. also have g27 for the pc and the t300rs is much better

Gejabo
25-05-2015, 08:30
I'm very happy with my T300 in combination with T3pa and Th8a
Works perfectly.

The thing is that unhappy / disappointed people are more likely to post about it than someone for whom it is working as it should.
Same thing goes for the game itself, disappointed people will start a thread for every bug they come across.
Where satisfied players will mostly just enjoy the game as it is, knowing it will only get better from there on.

hitmanvega
25-05-2015, 09:25
No problems here!! Just waiting for my T3pa pedals.

MLT24
25-05-2015, 09:38
That's why I started this thread
I believe those who hv had problems but wanted to mk sure there are those who have had none. Good to hear from those who have had no problems. I hv done my resesrch and for the money believe this wheel is the best one. Tx for responses.

_MB_
25-05-2015, 09:43
No issues with my T300 so far,hopefully it stays that way

Wootball
25-05-2015, 10:18
Very happy here!

Phender
25-05-2015, 10:28
Anyone know how to update t300 firmwre on PS4?

Gejabo
25-05-2015, 10:43
Not posible.
You'll need to hook it up to a PC.

Why do you want to update?
Mine is still running on the firmware it came with.
And as I have not had any problems with it I'm kind of reluctant to update it.

Kallungi
25-05-2015, 11:32
Havent updated the firmware on my T300rs either (I havent found a way to do it with Mac OS X). Works fine though.

Couple of times I've had the wheel reset 90 degrees to the left when the track loaded. Power off the wheel, power on the wheel - trick solved those few times. Once I lost FFB in practice but that happened only once. My experience is that when I fiddle around with the FFB settings in the controllers menu I might get some odd behaviour until I turn everything off and restart PS4 and T300rs. Now that everything is set up I haven't had any issues.

I've been very happy with my T300rs :)

toreso
25-05-2015, 11:34
You must update over PC

fendtvario
25-05-2015, 11:35
Happy user, yes. Although with some remarks. The wheel is properly designed, grip is good, buttons for PS4 are in reach and the force feedback is very good. The standard pedals are not the same quality as the wheel though. I owned a G27 before, the pedals on it are way better.

I spend quite some time on the FFB settings in Project Cars, it definitely shows how good the T300 is. All the changes reflect into a different feel in the steering. But that is the downside also, I still struggling with the settings now and then, even with the spreadsheet for PS4. So I moved back to GT6 and it is just a very good wheel (when not having to do all those tweaks).

Knighters
25-05-2015, 11:37
Can I ask you U.K. Chaps where you sourced your wheels from? At the moment the cheapest I can find is Amazon at 250.46 but with a one to two month wait.
Thank you.

Ian

djdest
25-05-2015, 12:18
Love mine, plugged it in and used with no tweaks, no problems and no whining on forums lol

John Hargreaves
25-05-2015, 12:47
Can I ask you U.K. Chaps where you sourced your wheels from? At the moment the cheapest I can find is Amazon at 250.46 but with a one to two month wait.
Thank you.

Ian

I think we might have pCARS to thanks for that - there were plenty in stock there about 3-4 weeks ago as I was looking myself

gufazi
25-05-2015, 12:49
Anyone know how to update t300 firmwre on PS4?

Update here for the PS4:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=3&fid=15&pid=375&cid=15

It tweaks some fan, power, and compatibility issues.

ChrisK
25-05-2015, 13:35
I'm very happy with my T300 in combination with T3pa and Th8a
Works perfectly.

The thing is that unhappy / disappointed people are more likely to post about it than someone for whom it is working as it should.
Same thing goes for the game itself, disappointed people will start a thread for every bug they come across.
Where satisfied players will mostly just enjoy the game as it is, knowing it will only get better from there on.

I have the same setup. 99.9% perfect.
I have had crazy wheel happen a few times though especially exiting puts where it lives at 90deg and needs a reset.

Jbpd
25-05-2015, 13:47
I too bought the t300rs and a ps4 to play this game coming from a ps3 and g27.

i bought an adaptor also so i can still use my g27 pedals.

Only problem i'm having so far is the wheel is slightly off centre tracking wise which i haven't been able to fix yet. Any idea's?

djdest
25-05-2015, 13:50
I got mine from a seller on Amazon, he had 2 left last week.
After I got one of them the other sold in a couple of hours too, it took me a while to find a seller anywhere that had some in stock

MLT24
25-05-2015, 14:41
Again thanks for the info! Says June 10th in BH NY store. Hopefully the date will hold true.

Bouyo
25-05-2015, 14:49
T300rs with Project Cars is awesome.

It takes a little while to dial in each car but once the settings are there you can just focus on the racing (and not the controller.) The T3PA pedals are a game changer and almost as important as the wheel. They're spaced out perfectly for my feet and the rubber brake mod combined with a little custom calibration means that I can brake so much later.

ScorpionR3D
25-05-2015, 15:01
I'm more than happy with my T300. But only after the upgrade pedals T3pa. I love racing with the wheel.
I hope use of a keyboard will be added soon. I don't have enough buttons to play with ;-). But DS4 users have
the same problem...

ceeece
25-05-2015, 15:02
I ordered mine from Frys.com. It was backordered but they got stock in. $399.99, no shipping costs, no tax. (USA). Mine should arrive tomorrow!!

Fight-Test
25-05-2015, 15:25
t300rs, F1 Rim and T3PA Pro pedals and they all work like a charm. With Jack Spades ffb settings they wheel feels amazing. No probs whatsoever.

Diablo944
25-05-2015, 15:37
T300 on ps4, happy bunny. But only after tweaking car settings. Out of the box it was way to powerful a setup. Also, the 90 degree wheel thing? Had that a few times until i realised it only happened if i had put the ps4 into standby without closing the game. So when i finish playing, i close the game, put ps in standby and problem has never happened since.

hitmanvega
25-05-2015, 15:43

Only problem i'm having so far is the wheel is slightly off centre tracking wise which i haven't been able to fix yet. Any idea's?
Turn wheel full left,full right,centre wheel then press "start,select,mode" together. Sorted.

arthurino
25-05-2015, 15:58
Upgraded from a T80 to the T300RS with T3PA and TH8A and holy smokes...the immersion level is incomparable...I procrastinated on the brake mod but once installed it took things to yet another level altogether. Extremely happy with the performance and feel.

Gejabo
25-05-2015, 17:53
I have the same setup. 99.9% perfect.
I have had crazy wheel happen a few times though especially exiting puts where it lives at 90deg and needs a reset.

Happened once or twice to me, no biggy.

Jbpd
25-05-2015, 18:14
Turn wheel full left,full right,centre wheel then press "start,select,mode" together. Sorted.

Is this to be done in game, on the calibration screen?

daddyboosive
25-05-2015, 18:49
I'm looking into buying t300 for my PS4. The question I have for you though is. What is the difference between the RS and Ferrari version?

LeeGestuhl
25-05-2015, 18:50
Was not able to play the game yet due to a broken wrist... But two of my buddies are really enjoying the game using the T300 Ferrari GTE, no problems at all :)

LeeGestuhl
25-05-2015, 18:57
I'm looking into buying t300 for my PS4. The question I have for you though is. What is the difference between the RS and Ferrari version?

Both versions use the same base unit with the brushless motor. The rims are the only difference, the Ferrari GTE looks just a bit more like a real racing wheel :)

Check this link for a review: http://www.virtualr.net/thrustmaster-t300-rs-ferrari-gte-wheel-revealed

daddyboosive
25-05-2015, 19:11
Both versions use the same base unit with the brushless motor. The rims are the only difference, the Ferrari GTE looks just a bit more like a real racing wheel :)

Check this link for a review: http://www.virtualr.net/thrustmaster-t300-rs-ferrari-gte-wheel-revealed

Ahh that's cool then. Just been checking out Thrustmasters products and the add ons are far cheaper then fanatecs. Much more affordable. Like say 100 for the top spec pedals. As opposed to fanatecs clubsport v2 pedals. Which are 300+ plus! Lol. Really looking into getting one of these after reading on here how good they are. Thinking of going for the RS, pro pedals and the gt omega wheel stand. Then hopefully buy a new rim and h pattern at a later date. Anyone want to buy a Fanatec 911 Turbo S? ;)

atchoo
25-05-2015, 19:21
Are there any happy T300rs PS4 users?

I and my T300 are very happy! :D

Uvilo
25-05-2015, 20:46
Ahh that's cool then.

I got my T300 GTE on friday and after some calibration it feels great :)!

But keep also in mind that due to the ferrari design the wheel does not come with standard playstation buttons. It took me some time to get along without reading the manual each time ;).

LeeGestuhl
25-05-2015, 21:19
But keep also in mind that due to the ferrari design the wheel does not come with standard playstation buttons. It took me some time to get along without reading the manual each time ;).

This :)

Actually, someone put some decals on ebay which you can use to get the playstation buttons on your GTE wheel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-GTE-F458-Wheel-Vinyl-Panel-Decals-/291457134947?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dc32f163
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/15261-thrustmaster-ferrari-gte-f458-wheel-vinyl-panel-decals/

I am kind of recreating this persons work, as I want to print them by myself. Its not quite ready, but if someone is interested I could share the final PDF document :rolleyes:

IrideGravity
25-05-2015, 22:53
I like the performance of mine. The motor in the 300 is fast and precise. A huge upgrade in realism over my driving force pro. That thing couldn't be used in 900 degree mode because the wheel didn't spin fast enough to correct a tank slapper or traction event. Nor did it feel accurate when steering past 90 degrees and letting wheel snap back to center. Took too long. Not anymore, feels like a real car would respond. So much quicker.

Only complaint is that PCars needs to allow you to use two input devices at the same time. Pretty annoying to be stuck in your chair or have to unplug wheel & recalibrate later if you want yo stand up between races and navigate menus or make changes. The awkwardly placed d pad and x button do not make for a pleasant menu navigation. Easily solved by allowing use of multiple input devices.

daddyboosive
25-05-2015, 22:59
Only complaint is that PCars needs to allow you to use two input devices at the same time. Pretty annoying to be stuck in your chair or have to unplug wheel & recalibrate later if you want yo stand up between races and navigate menus or make changes. The awkwardly placed d pad and x button do not make for a pleasant menu navigation. Easily solved by allowing use of multiple input devices.

It's always been the case on consoles as far as I'm aware mate. No racing game I've played has had that function. Probably more to do with the consoles then the games I reckon.

IrideGravity
25-05-2015, 23:52
It's always been the case on consoles as far as I'm aware mate. No racing game I've played has had that function. Probably more to do with the consoles then the games I reckon.

Nah. I could use both on GTurismo. And on forza. PS3 and xbox360
It's just an oversight on someone's part. Probably PCars as it has to write the scripts for both controllers to map buttons, just didn't account for multi inputs. Only recognizes one at a time.

Gt6 is prolly 20 bucks now & definitely worth a look at with a new wheel. I'll try it and get back to you for ps4 compatibility.

hitmanvega
26-05-2015, 08:09
Nope. Before u start up game. Ingame calibration done separately.
Is this to be done in game, on the calibration screen?

Kepagt
26-05-2015, 09:14
T300 works perfectly whit pcars an ps4. Deafault settings is ok but there is so many slider that You can adjust. Great game and great wheel T300!

joking_aura
26-05-2015, 10:36
I love my t300rs. It feels awful if you use the default settings in pcars. After tweaking the sliders it feels much better. I have found in most cars that fy overpowers all other effects. You must turn this way down. The auto center thing is annoying in this game and takes away from the feel. I hope they patch this soon. The biggest tip I can give is to close the app before placing the PS4 in rest mode. If you don't the wheel will go nuts.

chig88
26-05-2015, 11:28
Happy with mine so far.

Had one odd issue where the FFB seems to be replaced by a 'grinding' noise & feel every now & again. It's not very frequent (maybe once every 4 hours) & so far I've been able to solve it by just restarting the session. Annoying, but not a game breaker.

I should add that it's definitely a Project CARS issue - never had it on DriveClub.

LeeGestuhl
26-05-2015, 11:59
Nope. Before u start up game. Ingame calibration done separately.

Just wanna make this clear: You said pressing "Start / Select / Mode" before entering the game will fix the off centre problem.
But how are you gonna press Start and Select at the same time?

These are mapped on the little knob, pressing either left (Select/Share) or right (Start/Options), you cannot press both at the same time...

daddyboosive
26-05-2015, 12:09
Is this a good deal?

http://clubprivate.com/epages/fe2ea333-3762-487d-a3c6-23a6be1326fc.mobile/?Locale=en_GB&ObjectPath=/Shops/fe2ea333-3762-487d-a3c6-23a6be1326fc/Products/155109&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal&gclid=CjwKEAjws5CrBRD8ze702_2dyjYSJAAAJK9yeZbvGVYPd0rfZQKo6Z6qhE7xQ8WTpQiu9IDETssPYhoCAg3w_wcB

Uvilo
26-05-2015, 13:00
This :)

Actually, someone put some decals on ebay which you can use to get the playstation buttons on your GTE wheel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-GTE-F458-Wheel-Vinyl-Panel-Decals-/291457134947?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dc32f163
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/15261-thrustmaster-ferrari-gte-f458-wheel-vinyl-panel-decals/

I am kind of recreating this persons work, as I want to print them by myself. Its not quite ready, but if someone is interested I could share the final PDF document :rolleyes:

If you share your work, I would appreciate it very much :). I thought about some simple stickers, but that would ruin the design -.-

Is this a good deal?

http://clubprivate.com/epages/fe2ea333-3762-487d-a3c6-23a6be1326fc.mobile/?Locale=en_GB&ObjectPath=/Shops/fe2ea333-3762-487d-a3c6-23a6be1326fc/Products/155109&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal&gclid=CjwKEAjws5CrBRD8ze702_2dyjYSJAAAJK9yeZbvGVYPd0rfZQKo6Z6qhE7xQ8WTpQiu9IDETssPYhoCAg3w_wcB

I paid 275 € just a week ago, but there is a strong demand at the moment...

daddyboosive
26-05-2015, 13:01
I paid 275 € just a week ago, but there is a strong demand at the moment...

That would roughly be the same price mate.

hitmanvega
26-05-2015, 13:21
I see now that u have the GTE model. I was reffering to RS model. I do apologise. Will have a look on T.M website. Will find it under auto centre heading.
Just wanna make this clear: You said pressing "Start / Select / Mode" before entering the game will fix the off centre problem.
But how are you gonna press Start and Select at the same time?

These are mapped on the little knob, pressing either left (Select/Share) or right (Start/Options), you cannot press both at the same time...

Clipped
26-05-2015, 13:28
Very RELUCTANTLY replaced my much loved and much used G27 with the T300RS GTE and very glad I did.
Only unknown is the durability, as my G27 was hammered and never skipped a beat. Fingers crossed TM build quality is comparable.

FLX81
26-05-2015, 13:33
I have had far less issues with my T300RS (with T500 pedals) on the PS4 than on the PC. So far, it only went nuts once while one of my friends tested the game... bad timing... but a race restart resolved it. I have seen several reports at GTP of users having issues far more frequently, though.

hitmanvega
26-05-2015, 13:41
Ok... so u need to centre the wheel the press "scroll,right paddle,mode" light should blink. Settings will get saved in T.M memory. Remember to calibrate in game also.

TheStigsCanadianCousin
26-05-2015, 16:12
I'm liking it. I come from a Forza/Xbox 360 Racing Wheel background, but I'm really liking the T300RS on PS4. Mind you I do adjust the FFB settings of every single car before it feels any good, but that's the games fault, not the wheel's. One problem that I have is that when I put the PS4 into rest mode, the wheel will freak out once I turn it on and start a race (the menu before the race, it's like the wheel is possessed)...this may be a PS4 issue, a Project Cars issue, or a wheel issue.... But to solve it, I just shut down the PS4 instead of putting it into rest mode and it doesn't happen anymore.

nhraracer
26-05-2015, 16:13
I have no complaints about the t300rs! In fact i really enjoy using it on pc and ps4! Great wheel all around.

LeeGestuhl
26-05-2015, 16:29
Ok... so u need to centre the wheel the press "scroll,right paddle,mode" light should blink. Settings will get saved in T.M memory. Remember to calibrate in game also.

I have to apologise, you replied to Jbpd's question and he got the RS Version of the wheel, did not think about the RS not having this little knob.
Many thanks for your answer, might be useful in the future :)

daddyboosive
26-05-2015, 17:48
One problem that I have is that when I put the PS4 into rest mode, the wheel will freak out once I turn it on and start a race (the menu before the race, it's like the wheel is possessed)...this may be a PS4 issue, a Project Cars issue, or a wheel issue.... But to solve it, I just shut down the PS4 instead of putting it into rest mode and it doesn't happen anymore.

Just boot your console up with your pad when in rest mode. Then turn on your wheel and switch to that once the pcars screen is on.

andrewzaragoza
26-05-2015, 18:27

happened to me as well. This fixed it.
1. Connect the racing wheel's USB cable (on PS3/PS4 or on PC), then wait for the auto-calibration phase to end.
2. Turn the racing wheel fully to the left (until you reach the stop).
3. Turn the racing wheel fully to the right (until you reach the stop).
4. Make sure that your racing wheel is perfectly centered ; while holding it in this position, press the START, SELECT & MODE buttons simultaneously :
* PS & GT WHEEL = SE + ST + MODE
* F1 WHEEL = BO + WET + MODE
* 458 CHALLENGE GTE WHEEL = SCROLL + RIGHT LEVER + MODE
5. The racing wheel's LED briefly changes colour, then reverts to its initial colour. This means that the wheel's center value has been reset and automatically saved to the device's internal memory (you do not need to repeat the procedure every time you connect the racing wheel); this applies to all of the T300's wheels (PS, GT, F1, 458 GTE, etc.).

Jbpd
26-05-2015, 18:35
Top man this worked

Wasn't much out before but enough to be annoying!

Spitfire77
26-05-2015, 18:39
My T300 arrived 3 weeks ago.. so far it has been a great wheel! It seemed to actually take a good 20 hours to work in. It is now smoother than when I first got it. - The only issue with mine is the gas pedal has a slight deadzone at the beginning of the throw but I already have adjusted to it.

Very happy with it.