PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE, WORKAROUND INSIDE] Steering Is Broken On XB1

Br0cko5
25-05-2015, 08:07
The steering in Project Cars is BROKEN!!! if you steer right and left fast it just locks up and either turns left or right it really annoying. And i tried out the go karts and they don't even handle like a real go-karts. I thought this game was supposed to be close to real life but honestly this game needs a big update to fix all the bugs. PLEASE FIX THIS GAME!!!:mad:

gds1972
25-05-2015, 08:09
The patch to fix this issue has been with MS for a few days now for testing and verification. Hopefully it will be release pretty soon. Please see the thread below that covers the issue.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes

The workaround fix at the moment is to set the steering deadzone to 0

Megaessin
25-05-2015, 08:14
The steering in Project Cars is BROKEN!!! if you steer right and left fast it just locks up and either turns left or right it really annoying. And i tried out the go karts and they don't even handle like a real go-karts. I thought this game was supposed to be close to real life but honestly this game needs a big update to fix all the bugs. PLEASE FIX THIS GAME!!!:mad:

This is a well known bug, please search the forum before you make a new thread. Turn the deadzone down to zero, that should fix the steering issue. A patch is on it's way, it's being tested by Microsoft and will be released soon.

tux1234
25-05-2015, 10:37
I didnt know this was a problem.... :S :S

SupraLuminal
25-05-2015, 13:05
Heeding the pre-launch hype, I purchased this game on release via the xbox store. I can certainly see the potential, and I wish it well. However. For Xbox One, at least, this has been a huge disappointment of a release. The game simply is not in a fit state for general release. There's myriad threads here on this forum pointing out why, and myriad platitudes forthcoming from staff and their sycophants alike attempting to quell the ire.

Having purchased the game and found it woefully lacking, I naturally came here to find a solution, and what I found was a wide community attempting to polish the turd that is the xbox handling, and a (wholly unsurprising) sense of belligerence from the developer.

Head of studio, Ian Bell gets the gold star for whining about a lack of professionalism from one poster.

Professionalism?

Come on.

They've released a multi-format racing game and on at least one of the formats, the handling is unworkable. The handling. On a racing game. Professional?

There's minor annoyances, such as why do I pick a number in career mode if it is going to play exactly zero role in my ensuing career (not on livery, pseudo-tweets, nada), why can't I pick a helmet to carry through my career as a mark of individualism? Annoying that it's not there (yet), but nothing to get upset over.

Then there's the game breaking fault.

Such as the way this game operates while using a gamepad. On a console, no less.

They've issued a statement saying that you've replicated the problem and have issued a patch which is forthcoming. Which is nice.

I'm now in a situation where I've purchased a game which I can't really use. I certainly can't go online with it because there's a strong chance I'll ruin someone else's race should I make a minor error exiting a corner which results in the car whipping wildly over the track. And by minor, I mean spending a few milliseconds with my thumb fractions of a millimetre away from exactly where it should be. This is not a sim; it's a piss-poor approximation of wheel control.

But, going back to this professionalism slant, what exactly did they do to replicate this problem, unplug a wheel and plug in a gamepad? Please, someone, do elucidate just how and why this wasn't done prior to release. If we're talking professionalism, and the accompanying attention to detail, they're going to have to offer up one hell of a mea-culpa with regard to how they let this fault ship.

I'd planned on spending this bank holiday weekend playing this game, because I actually am a professional, and my spare time is limited. If I let gaping holes in my company's output ship to clients in the way they have done, I'd be facing serious questions, and more importantly would be looking very closely at just what the hell my staff were doing, and why I didn't see it earlier.

Mr. Bell, however, will presumably carry on acting like his customers owe him a favour.

Beagle Five
25-05-2015, 13:21
If the really big issues with the steering actually was present during any sort of testing I am sure the testers thought ( like a big bunch of people in the virtual racing world ) that it was authentic! And that racecars are just very hard to drive.

SupraLuminal
25-05-2015, 13:43
If that's the case (and I think you may in part be correct - or at least they thought they could get away with people thinking that), then people need to get fired.

So far as I can tell, the game simply does not use a large percentage of the travel on the thumbstick. hence the wild twitchery. It just seems like a lazy port of wheel travel. Which is criminal in terms of attention to detail and user preference. It looks like most of the testing was done on wheels, and little to no attention was paid to gamepads.

That said, the detail of settings for pads moves away from this.

My guess is that they focused on wheels, left the gamepad configurations late, then ran out of time to get it right before launch and figured they'd fix it post-release.

Which is what appears to be happening.

It's still a monumental failure, and the lack of contrition from the developer is just making it more annoying.

Dan77 DESTROYER
25-05-2015, 14:10
I can understand people's frustration regarding the control pad sensitivity but from my perspective it really isn't that bad and unmanageable, I've taken to it like a duck to water and have found it really engaging to be honest, yes I agree the controls are very sensitive and a bit twitchy but it can be dialled out somewhat ive had the controls dialled in pretty much within hours of getting the game and have had a blast from the off (all assists off)
I am in no way saying there aren't issues with controller use but for me personally I've found it a very pleasant experience so far and that's with all the said problems that have been plastered all over this forum which I am sure are being addressed,
It's not unplayable on a controller.

ManOfNantucket
25-05-2015, 14:13
And soon the moderators will come around to say you have all logged your allowed complaint, patch is forthcoming. No go quietly sit in a corner and be patient.

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 14:49
And soon the moderators will come around to say you have all logged your allowed complaint, patch is forthcoming. No go quietly sit in a corner and be patient.
No I won't, I've come to the insight that it's much more productive for people to keep ranting on about the same issue again and again, every day creating a new thread about it despite the answers already given.