PDA

View Full Version : Racestart - extremly slow

Broter
25-05-2015, 11:58
Hi,
i wonder why always up to 5 or 6 cars beind me are able to overtake me at racestart.
I feel like a sitting duck.
Im not new to racing and tried everything i know and im out of ideas.
My revs allways starve down while some others fly by me.
I tried different revs and alternating the revs.
I tried clunking in first gear with revs and without.
I tried first gear and then different revs at green.
I tried mapping clutch to a button and releasing clutch at different revs.
Nothing helped...

It's useless to reach pole in qualy if you always get easily passed by backseaters at start - often from far behind!

Do i need a "real" clutch?
Do i have to jumpstart?

Starting a race from "behind" is interesting due to much overtaking options - sometimes but not always......
It starts to be frustrating....

Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated

Broter

ibby
25-05-2015, 12:36
Depends on the first gear.
I also have trouble with the long geared cars like mclaren gt3 f.e.

Acksios
25-05-2015, 12:49
I try to anticipate the green light, meaning that I fully rev and half a second (it's a bit of a gamble) before the green I shift from N to 1st

Broter
25-05-2015, 12:52
Depends on the first gear.
I also have trouble with the long geared cars like mclaren gt3 f.e.

Thks for reply,

hmm, didn't realize that point so far. In GT3 most often i use the mclaren too.
In some other games there are also cars starting faster (e. g. rearwheeldriven compared to fwd).
I'll have a look at it.

Could be a reason, but on the other hand the effect is much too extreme (not to talk about realism...).

Broter

MutantOctane
25-05-2015, 12:54
Wheelspin?

dyr_gl
25-05-2015, 13:41
If you have autoclutch enabled, use the handbrake as a clutch.

If you have it disabled, well, you have to get better at mixing throttle and clutch.

Broter
25-05-2015, 15:15
@wheelspin
As far as i can see, there is no wheelspin at all. Revs starve before any wheelspin happen.

@Autoclutch
Yes, i have enabled autoclutch and mapped the clutch to a wheelbutton.
Clutch is en/disengaged by that button, but it is digital - on/off.
Maybe an analog clutch (what i called "real") is needed to prevent revs from starving?

Would be a big minus for everyone without such a pedal.

Mahjik
25-05-2015, 18:00
hmm, didn't realize that point so far. In GT3 most often i use the mclaren too.

The McLaren is the slowest off the line in the GT3 bunch. The current real life GT3 series all use rolling starts since most GT3's aren't geared for standing starts. Yes, having a clutch pedal or button mapped to the clutch will help on launches.

apexatspeed
25-05-2015, 19:54
That is not true. The Pirelli World Challenge uses GT3 cars and has standing starts in some races. Most do have rolling starts though.

gp20
25-05-2015, 20:00
There is a secret.

Mahjik
25-05-2015, 20:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jomc85TEL3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcWUSu0PPiU

That is not true. The Pirelli World Challenge uses GT3 cars and has standing starts in some races. Most do have rolling starts though.

They do a mix (depending on the track).. Although after that huge crash at the start, they likely will move to rolling starts only like the other series.

apexatspeed
25-05-2015, 21:02
I said that they do a mix, but you initially said all GT leagues have rolling starts. That is a false statement.

Mahjik
25-05-2015, 21:31

I said that they do a mix, but you initially said all GT leagues have rolling starts. That is a false statement.

Ok.