PDA

View Full Version : [BIG] BUG REPORT - CAR ASSISTS LOCKED (BUT NOT) IN MP

rrusso
25-05-2015, 12:01
Hi guys

Im sharing with you a bug that we found in Multiplayer on Xbox One. After some tests i can say its true and real, so i would like that people from SMS test theirselves

Basically you can create a lobby with assists locked but if a person have the assists ON in their setup, he will be ABLE to use (TCS, ABS...)

Please test youself, create a lobby, lock the assists, and start racing...you will see and feel the assists working.

Thank's a lot and congrats for the game, its very funny.

rrusso
25-05-2015, 16:10
anyone?

rrusso
25-05-2015, 18:27
pls any help

rrusso
26-05-2015, 11:39
pls waiting for someone to test

ApeXShaver
26-05-2015, 16:36
OK, so this was a problem for us as me and my friends all race with no-assists, so we did some extensive testing to ensure we knew that our rooms were set to properly block assists. This was seen as an issue due to the apparent contradiction of what was seen by the host as he set up the room and what was shown as options/restrictions in the lobby itself. First off I can see no way of restricting the driving line, you cannot prevent people from using it, nor can you stop people from using steering or braking assistance. This, however, should not be much of a problem because if somebody is having to use those they will not be competitive anyway...hopefully they won't just be trying to wreck everyone. The ones of concern are the ABS, T/C and S/C and view (which we force cockpit, to keep it as real as possible and to prevent an advantage from better viewpoint of flying behind the car)...these all work as stated in the "structure and restrictions settings" menu that the host sets the room up with. For these to work properly you have to ensure that the "realistic driving assists" is set to NO. So in the menu it says 'allow ABS', 'allow T/C' and 'allow S/C', these should all be set to NO. So here lies the problem...in the lobby itself there will be a panning screen that shows the players how the room is set up. It pans through 5 screens, the first 2 are titled "Sessions" and they are accurate. The remaining 3 are titled "Forced Restrictions" and the 1st and 3rd are accurate...the 2nd is NOT. The title in this one should read "Assists Allowed". As it stands now it says "no" to each of the 3 options listed and titled "Forced Restrictions" but it should be no to "Assists Allowed". Just keep this in mind and let the racers know this as they come into your room and you should be fine until they get this fixed. This was tested by setting different options in many scenarios and going on-track with them to confirm this conclusion, I hope it helps you out.

rrusso
26-05-2015, 16:57
OK, so this was a problem for us as me and my friends all race with no-assists, so we did some extensive testing to ensure we knew that our rooms were set to properly block assists. This was seen as an issue due to the apparent contradiction of what was seen by the host as he set up the room and what was shown as options/restrictions in the lobby itself. First off I can see no way of restricting the driving line, you cannot prevent people from using it, nor can you stop people from using steering or braking assistance. This, however, should not be much of a problem because if somebody is having to use those they will not be competitive anyway...hopefully they won't just be trying to wreck everyone. The ones of concern are the ABS, T/C and S/C and view (which we force cockpit, to keep it as real as possible and to prevent an advantage from better viewpoint of flying behind the car)...these all work as stated in the "structure and restrictions settings" menu that the host sets the room up with. For these to work properly you have to ensure that the "realistic driving assists" is set to NO. So in the menu it says 'allow ABS', 'allow T/C' and 'allow S/C', these should all be set to NO. So here lies the problem...in the lobby itself there will be a panning screen that shows the players how the room is set up. It pans through 5 screens, the first 2 are titled "Sessions" and they are accurate. The remaining 3 are titled "Forced Restrictions" and the 1st and 3rd are accurate...the 2nd is NOT. The title in this one should read "Assists Allowed". As it stands now it says "no" to each of the 3 options listed and titled "Forced Restrictions" but it should be no to "Assists Allowed". Just keep this in mind and let the racers know this as they come into your room and you should be fine until they get this fixed. This was tested by setting different options in many scenarios and going on-track with them to confirm this conclusion, I hope it helps you out.

Thanks for the info and tips...so i hope guys from SMS include this fix in the next patch