PDA

View Full Version : slow or fast cars? What's more fun to drive?

TNTNitro
25-05-2015, 13:14
I'm enjoying more slow cars.
Ford Sierra is one of my favorites of drive, wish it had more cars so the next DLC.

John Hargreaves
25-05-2015, 13:30
There are definitely some car and track combinations that work well, and the slower cars can be among the most satisying to drive. Cars such as the Caterham classic are great on tighter twistier tracks as they are very chuckable into corners, but on the more open flowing tracks the long straights and high speed corners don‘t bring out the best in the car, whereas taking out a GT3 or FA feels great on those.
The Aeriel Atom, R500 or BAC Mono are somewhere inbetween - more of a street feel compared to an out and out racecar, but very nice to drive at speed on a track. You can take them anywhere.
Zolder and Oulton Park are good for slower and medium cars, whereas the old favourites like Monza, Spa Silverstone etc are better for the faster cars, gives them room to stretch their legs.
Thing is there is just so much depth in this game that it will take ages to explore everything.

MikeyTT
25-05-2015, 13:36
So far I've only driven about 4 of the cars. I have to say that the C9 Sauber and the Caterham Classic are my top two faves.

As John said the Caterham around Oulton Fosters is an absolute blast. The C9 around that same track is very involved and might damn quick. I've spent probably 90% of my pCars time in Time Trial just trying to beat my best times.

Just wish people would stop beating my best times ;)

Dookie Possum
25-05-2015, 13:39
Well, right now until the controller patch is release for the Xbox One, I enjoy the slower cars because keeping even these on the track is a nightmare. I'm not even going to try anything over 120mph until the patch is released! I'm going grey anyway, no need to speed it along!

John Hargreaves
25-05-2015, 13:42
That sounds like medical grounds to treat yourself to a wheel

Dookie Possum
25-05-2015, 13:44
That sounds like medical grounds to treat yourself to a wheel

Do you think that my health insurance would pay for it? It could possibly help with blood pressure too!

OG-Fed
25-05-2015, 14:02
I'm enjoying more slow cars.
Ford Sierra is one of my favorites of drive, wish it had more cars so the next DLC.

I really enjoyed both. One thing I found out is that the speed is not indicative of easy or hard driving . The formula cars are very easy to drive once you get them in third gear or higher. The caterhams , mclaren, and the carts are the hardest for me so far.

I was jumping for joy when I did a 1.25 at Azure in the formula community challenge. I came back down to earth when I saw someone did a 1.09 LOL

AshenShugar
25-05-2015, 14:03
Do you think that my health insurance would pay for it? It could possibly help with blood pressure too!

it's strength and conditioning exercise :)

Dookie Possum
25-05-2015, 14:05
I really enjoyed both. One thing I found out is that the speed is not indicative of easy or hard driving . The formula cars are very easy to drive once you get them in third gear or higher. The caterhams , mclaren, and the carts are the hardest for me so far.

I was jumping for joy when I did a 1.25 at Azure in the formula community challenge. I came back down to earth when I saw someone did a 1.09 LOL

That's how I feel! I do an extreme lap and feel like I got lucky and go to leaderboards and I'm 15-20 seconds off of the top time! I feel like someone messed with my car, let all the air out of the tires and put 87 octane fuel in instead of 100+ racing fuel!!!!!!!!!

CeeBee2001
25-05-2015, 14:13
it's strength and conditioning exercise :)

I have to agree, I sweat like a pig after a 10 Lapper at Brands :)

AshenShugar
25-05-2015, 14:16
I have to agree, I sweat like a pig after a 10 Lapper at Brands :)

Try Sonoma that make Brands look easy.

AngelBrow
25-05-2015, 14:48
Im all about the GT3 & GT4 classes. I love watching them in real life, love the sound, love everything about it. They are not ultra quick like F1 (FA), LMPs.

I tried to run a 10 lapper on Nordschleife yesterday evening, which ended with a blown engine. But how great is it to drive these cars? Side by side action, pushing them to the limit.
Im in Love!

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 14:59
For me because of frame rate issues I've found the faster cars to be a bit of a mare, the LMP1's for instance causes my frame rate to stutter all over the show, one race on Watkins Glen I had to abandon simply because of frame rate issues.

The Gt 5/4/&3 are fantastic as are the Caterhams and the Capris.

But I'm hoping that once these frame rate issues have been sorted all the cars will have a following.

LordDRIFT
25-05-2015, 15:26
Low powered cars offer some of the rest racing especially online. Take my career for example the g40 jumiors have ~ 100hp. The whole pack was racing tightly and bumper to bumper.

Invincible
25-05-2015, 15:40
I like the medium powered cars. But I really wished for a GT class between GT5 and GT4. Some rwd Gt race cars with 200hp , around 1100 kg and aero like gt4...

Gt86 / Brz *cough*

PeteUplink
25-05-2015, 15:43
I do tend to enjoy the touring cars more than the more powerful stuff.

funknerraw
25-05-2015, 15:48
I've been running some online races recently in the FG1000 and those were some of the closest most fun races I've had in Project CARS so far. They seem to have just the right amount of power and grip to make for some really exciting racing. Kind of reminds me of the Skip Barber car in iRacing a little bit. Definitely worth taking for a spin if you haven't tried it yet.