PDA

View Full Version : RUF GT3 disadvantage?

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 13:19
Hello to all,
i'm a big fan from PC and like to ride the RUF GT3!
But on 98% of the tracks i am about minimum 2 seconds slower, than with for example the BMW Z4, often more!
RUF GT3 is nervous entering curves, so often oversteer, but under acceleration it understeers!
Thats realy difficult to run fast!
I can setup the car save for curves, curbs or example Nordschleife, but it's a lot slower, than i run with the others cars! Damn :/

Dam351
25-05-2015, 14:14
I've found that Porche to be a beauty to drive after simple changes to suspension etc. I do think most cars in GT3 have their good and bad points in comparison with each other. Horses for courses, pick a track to suit its qualities.

rocafella1978
25-05-2015, 15:11
JUST FYI, all GT3 vehicles can go close to 300kph and over with the right tuning!!! just the Audi R8 LMS Ultra not able to go over 280kph, IMO something wrong and also Ginetta GT3 on some tracks is all over and some tracks is like on magnetic tires/wheels (standard settings!) thought would share.

jimmyb_84
25-05-2015, 15:19
JUST FYI, all GT3 vehicles can go close to 300kph and over with the right tuning!!! just the Audi R8 LMS Ultra not able to go over 280kph, IMO something wrong and also Ginetta GT3 on some tracks is all over and some tracks is like on magnetic tires/wheels (standard settings!) thought would share.

I love the Ginetta, need more practice in it, which tracks is a good on? Was a bit of a handful at Brands GP

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 15:41
I unterstand your points, but for example in a racing leauge you cant choose the tracks to your car, and i'm faster on all tracks with others cars!
The RUF GT3 has the weight in the rear and thats why it gets loose on entry and also tight when accelerate!
Even when i change the setup, what a ruf doesnt make a formula one, others keep faster!
Doing a setup for me isnt changing the car, it are nounces to the track, weather, race length, curves, and driving styLe! I m still 2seconds faster with for example BMW Z4, on spa, on monza, on laguna seca, on imola, on all tracks! Only on Le mans im better on a ruf, than with a BMW, but there are others cars like Mercedes, Audi or Aston Martin still better than ruf

RomKnight
25-05-2015, 15:49
well.. the mp4-12c is the same for me. guess everyone has a least favourite car :)

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 15:51
Ruf is lovely to drive for me too, after a few changes, but still slower, and I dont stick in my nose ;)
i change a lot a little ;)
- Camber
- Tire pressure
- Brake Bias
- Steering Lock
- Differential
- Wing
- Gear box (again because you may adjusted your Wing which affects top speed)
- Caster
- Toe In
- Ride Height
- Camber (again because Caster/ Toe In can affect your camber) - Tire Pressure (also again because many settings affect this)
- Anti Roll Bar
- Camber and Tire Pressure (again after Anti Roll Bar)
- Springs
- Ride Height (again after altering the springs)
- Camber and Tire Pressure (pfff, again)
- Bump / Rebound
- Ride Height (again after Bump / Rebound)
- Camber / Tire Pressure (finally)

For example i easily reach a 1.23 on laguna seca in a z4, im not the faster, but also not the slowest, but i cant get that paces on the ruf, what i would like to be able :)

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 15:55
My favorite is the ruf, he is good in optic :p and good in fuel and tires, but that points doesnt help to win races with that car

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 16:01
It would be interesting for me, if the people, who say the ruf has advantages, to called it, the tracks or situations!

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 17:26
Hum, hoped to get here some great tips n hints :/
Sure eher gt3 can get up to 290kmh, but that was not my points, i dont do 1/4miles races

rocafella1978
25-05-2015, 17:46
Sure eher gt3 can get up to 290kmh, but that was not my points, i dont do 1/4miles races

if you have a lot of oversteer I can only recommend the following:
1) reducing the rear tire pressure
2) softening rear springs
3) sway bar (anti-roll bar)
4) softer rear tires (if possible)
5) increase rear down force (for cornering NOT for speed)

I know these are not detailed TUNING/ SETUP details, but I have been playing today with the Ginetta GT3, just to see what is possible with this vehicle (and this vehicle is completely and utterly underpowered or not up to spec with rest of GT3 cars at 80-90% AI strength!!) but I have the car nice and stable to drive around tracks, but can't keep up at all with the field, on the straights, even set to TOP SPEED/ or SPEED others fly by as if they are driving 30-50kph faster...LOL fun to watch on replays though and of course satisfying accomplishment when you get a unstable car to drive stable and nicely.

rocafella1978
25-05-2015, 17:48

try some of the above settings, fine tune it though in practice! and if still need setup/ tune guide just post, will try to help you. also on some tracks is nice to have the end speed (higher) than the rest of the field to move away or catch up on straights...just FYI (IMO)

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 18:00
Thanks, i also tryed that! On most tracks i Run the Splitter on 2 and the rear wing on maximum!
It also helps to.soften the rear suspension, but what you give here, you have to take there!
I realy like the ruf and mostly drive that car and I m able to Set it Safe without loosing time! But this car has both problems, oversteer and understeer and that makes it realy difficult and I feel disadvantage, because i m faster with Almost eher others car without changing the setups! Tirepressure and fuel i dont call setup :p :)

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 18:05
I use gtr2 21step setup guide and rd setup guide and did some leauges on konsolenracer.de for Gran turismo on gt 500 and on Nascar The Game Inside Line and also won races against over 50 others drivers on Nordschleife and Le mans! on a Arta NSX premium
But i dont know to fix it here! :/

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 18:08
Perhaps car springrate , bump and rebound is in a Bad balance

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 18:20
Not so many grip like the others cars
Oversteering some fast entries after braking and also on pumpy slower entries , understeers on Gas when leaving the curves and and and bad on breaks!

rocafella1978
25-05-2015, 21:08
yeah, I can see what you mean, i am trying to setup or get a tune for the RUF GT3 on Monza GP track, testing around.

JayChristmas
25-05-2015, 21:40
yeah, I can see what you mean, i am trying to setup or get a tune for the RUF GT3 on Monza GP track, testing around.

I ll try it later too, found a realy great Page called "pcars-forum.de" with a lots of setups for PC, Videos and guides to the reaction of the car on bump and rebound, springs, and all the others components!

But what i still wann know, what to do with the Gears, for example how to use the 6. Gear from ruf Gt3 on laguna seca?

rocafella1978
25-05-2015, 22:07
funny found the same forum you mentioned :) mal schauen was die haben! gears are still a riddle to me/ for me, because some cars GT3 have locked rations some have final gear unlocked and vice versa, have not figured that out yet and why is locked at all???

maybe will give Laguna Seca a try with my GT3 Ruf setup, have to say, on monza GP track i find it smooth now, but with DS4 controller LOL i feel pretty much like an amateur, would love to know how my setup works with wheel and pedals on monza GP and Ruf GT3.

rocafella1978
25-05-2015, 22:22
I ll try it later too, found a realy great Page called "pcars-forum.de" with a lots of setups for PC, Videos and guides to the reaction of the car on bump and rebound, springs, and all the others components!

But what i still wann know, what to do with the Gears, for example how to use the 6. Gear from ruf Gt3 on laguna seca?

found this one too: http://www.gtr4u.de (maybe useful)

rocafella1978
26-05-2015, 03:36
tried several tracks today with minor tuning across GT3 cars, SLS, Z4 and R8 - i was 2-3 seconds quicker per lap than RUF, McLaren and Ginetta (worst was Ginetta...McLaren was about .5-1.5secs slower per lap and RUF 1-2.5secs) but might be my driving skills are of course not up to par/ not pro enough ;) i just find it interesting that same "phenomenon" is on the tracks I drove today with each of the above cars. (drove: hockenheim gp, spa gp, monza gp, laguna seca and la sarthe/ 24hrs) all same lap for lap (of course some bad lapsa and some better laps...but 5laps per vehicle on each track!)

JayChristmas
26-05-2015, 11:48
tried several tracks today with minor tuning across GT3 cars, SLS, Z4 and R8 - i was 2-3 seconds quicker per lap than RUF, McLaren and Ginetta (worst was Ginetta...McLaren was about .5-1.5secs slower per lap and RUF 1-2.5secs) but might be my driving skills are of course not up to par/ not pro enough ;) i just find it interesting that same "phenomenon" is on the tracks I drove today with each of the above cars. (drove: hockenheim gp, spa gp, monza gp, laguna seca and la sarthe/ 24hrs) all same lap for lap (of course some bad lapsa and some better laps...but 5laps per vehicle on each track!)

Same to me! But a lot of people say, that this isnt the truth :p

thetoneranger
31-05-2015, 11:52
What is the accel lock set at on the RUF GT3 (default) ? Is it set at 20 ?

rocafella1978
31-05-2015, 13:52
What is the accel lock set at on the RUF GT3 (default) ? Is it set at 20 ?

if i am not mistaken "accel lock" is set at 28% - (default) - but i have played around with this values a bit. it is all getting better, but feel like cars can't keep up with Z4 and SLS and properly setup Vantage, at least IMO.

Bouyo
02-06-2015, 14:38
Here's a five lap race at Imola with the RUF GT3. AI 100 no assists. Took I while to get quick enough I'll admit but there it is ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4UilzZ2DPNE

rocafella1978
05-06-2015, 13:07
Here's a five lap race at Imola with the RUF GT3. AI 100 no assists. Took I while to get quick enough I'll admit but there it is ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4UilzZ2DPNE

nice driving there! well done and thanks for sharing! (a lot of setup and tuning?)