PDA

View Full Version : Organized Project Cars Events - Leagues .. Professional Drivers Only

Freddyforehand
25-05-2015, 13:32
www.VRroom.org

We have been around for 5 years now under the radar so to speak only recruiting selected drivers/simraces .. We are looking for 1000 serious sim racers to get involved in something very unique to the simracing world. We are currently holding induction nights on a Mon, Wed and Fridays and welcome anyone to come and give us a try but please be warned we are very particular in our recruitment process.

All our members are very race competent and have a very serious attitude when it come to the racing .. Apply now and get involved in the very best simracing community in the world.

falcon2081
25-05-2015, 20:21
I took a look at it. For the license stuff. Do we really have to do it with the slow cars? I mainly drive the GT3 and LMP1 cars and have no interest with the other cars in this game.

Freddyforehand
26-05-2015, 02:39
Its a GT4 car my friend .. Ginetta

Freddyforehand
01-06-2015, 17:45
www.VRroom.org
Our rooms are governed by a strict code of conduct and all our members are on a steering wheel.. I won't go into all the boring details but rest assure we currently have some of the very best sim racers in the world racing on this website. Members include several GT academy finalist, guys with real world racing licenses and some seriously quick aliens all sharing the same real world outlook on what it is we do, clean competitive SimRacing

Got a passion for it, are you a hobbyist rather than a gamer .. We are currently looking for 500 sim racing enthusiast and are currently running induction rooms. Please sign up.

Freddyforehand
06-06-2015, 11:52
Our websites been around for 4y and every one of our 450+ members are super clean and super race competent. Our websites been by invitation only and only now are we opening our doors, you will need to join one of our induction rooms first (this usually takes around 45mins) from here you will be awarded a provisional license and eventually a full VR Race License. We have a RPG element built within our website which allow you to buy build and run your own team (this is run with our own software)

We do not change like other websites as i believe that our community that should be making money from this and we have a very unique way to make this happen (for our top 14 drivers) .. If your serious about simracing then get yourselves signed up to www.VRroom.org .. We have a army of very satisfied racers.

Rotters91
13-06-2015, 12:52
VRroom is looking for a high standard of drivers and driving. This is why everyone has to go through the induction, even the guys who've been there from the start. Sign up to the site and book an induction. If you're good enough it will be well worth it :)

bmaytum
15-06-2015, 11:06
OhBoyOhBoy! Logitech G29 / G920 coming with PC & console compatibility! See here:
http://vrroom.org/index.php/news/198-project-cars-supports-g29-g920-driving-force-wheels with more info from:
http://gaming.logitech.com

My PS4 has been gathering dust 'cuz no way I can drive using PS4 controller. And the left J-clamp on my 5+ year-old G25 w/ 200+ KMiles is broken (not replaceable) so I will be an early adopter of the NEW wheel, even though MSRP at release will be $400USD (like the ThrustMaster TS-300, and ~$175 more than G27 @ Amazon). But hey, its Logitech so I'm ready to buy. ;)

Freddyforehand
01-07-2015, 00:19
www.VRroom.org We are a PS4 community that is currently looking for a serious PC Community to join us .. 4y old website with 550+ members all using wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1150&v=Ch0-rF1qcuA

jason
01-07-2015, 00:35
Impressive stuff Freddy , everyone has a good sense of there surroundings and the respect for who has the race line , lovely to watch.

What part of the world are you guys in ? Running ps4 ? or all platforms.

Freddyforehand
01-07-2015, 10:26
The UK my friend.. We race every night from 20:00 GMT. We are looking for a pc community to join us and help strengthen Vrroom in general.

Charger
01-07-2015, 18:00
Is this for PC as you list PS4? if it's PC what is your Steam name? We have a few good racers with wheels and could get together as we play about that time in the UK every night.

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 00:48
UK - PS4, But looking for a very clean existing group of PC drivers who all drive without abs, full damage etc .. and locked cockpit view to come join our community. VR-Mustard is the guy that you need to speak with properly but VRroom.org are looking to branch out !

Apply below .'.

Charger
02-07-2015, 00:59
I can go with full cockpit and damage but no ABS is a bit harsh, can they not leave the assists on and turn them off by player, that's what I do, I don't use traction but I still allow it, it helps the others that can't drive so well, at the end of the day if someone is safe and quicker with whatever assists they need isn't that the point?

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 11:03
No no no... The point is we need another community that can and do run their rooms like this. These guys have the very best drivers from all over there world racing with them and now want a pc section adding to the website.. I know that they want the very best and i can tell you that the standards at VRroom are very high.

There's got to be another Pc community out there that wants to race real?

Bealdor
02-07-2015, 11:19
Threads merged.

Freddy please stop opening new threads to advertise your website. We're only allowing one per platform. I'm going to merge your two PS4 threads too btw.

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 11:32
Threads merged.

Freddy please stop opening new threads to advertise your website. We're only allowing one per platform. I'm going to merge your two PS4 threads too btw.

??? This is for the benefit of sim racing and Project Cars in general.. We really do have the very best drivers and i posted here to ask the Pc community for help? So why move the topic? Ruffle a few feathers did we?

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 11:36
The mods on this website are a joke... And like I said previously.. It seems to be a case of who you know.. Wondering if i invest 10k into the next one weather we would be treated the same. Lol what a joke.

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 11:37
There plenty of other sites promoting their website and they have loads of different threads in a lot of different topics. It's a joke.

Bealdor
02-07-2015, 11:44
You're not the first/only one who's league threads were merged. Get over it.

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 12:24
Bealdor... You and i both know what your picking on Vrroom and it's fine.. Like i said "I wish that i knew a mod"

We are a PS4 community trying to ask for help from the pc community.. How are we supposed to do this if you keep deleting our post you tit. Like i said it seems like Vrroom have been out casted by this forum and that's my point. Promote a website as long as there's a mod on board.
A very one sided forum that bands people for voicing an opinion and you will be hung drawn and quarted for telling the development that their games still broken. Invest in this company.. You must be joking.

Bealdor
02-07-2015, 12:40
Bealdor... You and i both know what your picking on Vrroom and it's fine.. Like i said "I wish that i knew a mod"

I have zero interest in picking on your league or any other league on this forum. But whatever you say mate...

How are we supposed to do this if you keep deleting our post you tit. Like i said it seems like Vrroom have been out casted by this forum and that's my point. Promote a website as long as there's a mod on board.

I didn't delete them, I just merged them.

And btw. I didn't make this decision alone, it was discussed internally. But yeah, keep up insulting me if that makes you feel better. It won't change a thing though.

Ian Bell
02-07-2015, 12:48
Calm down Freddy.

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 12:55
Of course it was discussed internally by yourself and the rest of the TGC members - a rival website so of course my topics going to be moved and thats my point! Not really fair and a little underhanded if you ask me. TGC have multiple topics and treads, i ask for help and get my topic moved ? Is this because you feel threatened ? Because all this week you've had empty rooms and blaming it on the weather lol .. www.VRroom.org has full rooms every night and plenty of them.

I find it a bit of a insult when this forum is being run by TGC members and they won't let anyone else promote their stuff .. Lol shocking .. A website built by TGC for TGC .. I get it now!

Ian Bell
02-07-2015, 13:05
Of course it was discussed internally by yourself and the rest of the TGC members - a rival website so of course my topics going to be moved and thats my point! Not really fair and a little underhanded if you ask me. TGC have multiple topics and treads, i ask for help and get my topic moved ? Is this because you feel threatened ? Because all this week you've had empty rooms and blaming it on the weather lol .. www.VRroom.org has full rooms every night and plenty of them.

I find it a bit of a insult when this forum is being run by TGC members and they won't let anyone else promote their stuff .. Lol shocking .. A website built by TGC for TGC .. I get it now!

This forum is not run by TGC members.

You're pissing into the wind mate.

Bealdor
02-07-2015, 13:12
Of course it was discussed internally by yourself and the rest of the TGC members - a rival website so of course my topics going to be moved and thats my point! Not really fair and a little underhanded if you ask me. TGC have multiple topics and treads, i ask for help and get my topic moved ? Is this because you feel threatened ?

I fail to understand your problem here. Do you think there's a competition between different leagues, fighting for the members?

www.VRroom.org has full rooms every night and plenty of them.

Then what are you worried about?

Relax, it's just a video game.

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 13:19
Ian with the greatest of respect you don't need a degree in intelligence to see whats happening here .. I posted a thread entitled PC Community Watch This! under the PC topics, this was to ask any established small or large pc community to come join in with what we do but some of the mods on here have their own vested interests at heart and it looks to me and the rest of this community that this forum is being geared up ready for one website and one website alone. Im just reacting !

Ian Bell
02-07-2015, 13:22
Ian with the greatest of respect you don't need a degree in intelligence to see whats happening here .. I posted a thread entitled PC Community Watch This! under the PC topics, this was to ask any established small or large pc community to come join in with what we do but some of the mods on here have their own vested interests at heart and it looks to me and the rest of this community that this forum is being geared up ready for one website and one website alone. Im just reacting !

We'll I've got a 1st class Honours, two Masters and have taken two Ph.D's. I still don't see any bias here. If I did, I'd shut it down instantly and I mean that.

I reiterate, there is no 'gearing up' for any particular website. If you can see any evidence of bias please present it and I'll deal with it.

Bealdor
02-07-2015, 13:26
Ian with the greatest of respect you don't need a degree in intelligence to see whats happening here .. I posted a thread entitled PC Community Watch This! under the PC topics

Yes you did which would've been totally fine if you hadn't already two threads in the PC Multiplayer Event subforum. That's why I merged them, it's simple as that.

Why am I even discussing this with you? I'm merging 20+ threads a day and you're the first one reacting like there's some sort of conspiracy going on here.

Freddyforehand
02-07-2015, 13:29
i just want to know why this thread was moved? I was asking for help .. I heard Mustard (the guy who runs VRroom) saying that he wanted a pc community to get onboard with us so i just posted a video asking for a pc community. I'm sorry if i offended anyone and i'm sorry to VRroom and Mustard (again)

blowfishrulez
02-07-2015, 13:29
Forum -> Project CARS ->Multiplayer -> Multiplayer Event Planning -> Organized Project Cars Events - Leagues .. Professional Drivers Only

This is the obvious choice to promote your league, isn't it? It would also help your cause if you put the Name/URL to the vroom community in the Thread Title.

Ian Bell
02-07-2015, 13:31
i just want to know why this thread was moved? I was asking for help .. I heard Mustard (the guy who runs VRroom) saying that he wanted a pc community to get onboard with us so i just posted a video asking for a pc community. I'm sorry if i offended anyone and i'm sorry to VRroom and Mustard (again)

You've already been told the separate threads were merged, it's normal forum policy.

Slicker_VR
02-07-2015, 17:29
best leave it there, freddy - not sure we're doing ourselves any favours, or representing our website in the best light by arguing with the mods.

ermo
02-07-2015, 18:15
Best of luck attracting members to your Leagues Slicker_VR and Freddyforehand. The more the merrier as they say. :)

And no offense intended, but I think it's safe to say that you can put away your tinfoil hats re. TGC getting preferential treatment in this case.

Maybe a bit of background about TGC will help: The reason TGC is well known in WMD circles (the moderators are typically WMDers) is simply because WMD is where the The Gentlemen's Club started. Eventually Elmo, Ziggy, Blackvault & Co. began doing dedicated testing sessions and in doing so helped uncover and document issues to the point that SMS decided to give Elmo (and possibly others) access to their internal bug-tracker (or at least I gather that was part of the reason). The TGCers are generally good eggs and fairness is one of the core tenets of TGC membership.

Hence, it would be somewhat ironic and wholly against the spirit of TGC to rely on preferential treatment to shut out fellow racers or leagues.

Freddyforehand
04-07-2015, 11:58
To any new members .. Please check your spam box for your confirmation email to join the website. Really sorry about this, don't know why its suddenly started sending the email to your spam but we will get to the bottom of it today.

Anyway this latest wave of induction rooms have seen 60+ new members who i have to say have all got that simracing passion thats required in order to progress through the rank of VRroom. Unfortunately these induction nights are coming to an end and we will once again be closing our doors, don't worry though as we will be opening VRroom up to the world real soon with a VERY UNIQUE NEW CAREERS SYSTEM - .... Get yourself signed up to the best simracing community on the PlayStation and race today.

Freddyforehand
07-07-2015, 10:13
All our leagues are due to start back up in August and our doors are now locked. You new guys are about to see what it is that makes www.VRroom.org so different from all these other websites.

To anyone else wanting to join VRroom.. We have unfortunately now finished running this block of induction rooms and we will be recruiting again in a few months. If you know someone on our site that can vouch for you then you may still be able to join.

Good luck to all our new members and enjoy what is about to be a real eye opener for you. ;)

bmaytum
07-07-2015, 21:59
@ Freddy or other VRroomer- Are your leagues / teams / events for PS4 only, or do have them for PC too? Blimey, I can't tell from your website. Plz lemme know.............

Freddyforehand
08-07-2015, 09:57
Unfortunately at this time we are PS4 only. We are however looking to change this over the next few months.

Pamellaaa
08-07-2015, 10:30

We are a PS4 community trying to ask for help from the pc community.. How are we supposed to do this if you keep deleting our post you tit. Like i said it seems like Vrroom have been out casted by this forum and that's my point. Promote a website as long as there's a mod on board.
A very one sided forum that bands people for voicing an opinion and you will be hung drawn and quarted for telling the development that their games still broken. Invest in this company.. You must be joking.

Are you sure its not simply your attitude, aggressive posting style and seemingly endless spamming of new threads, double posting and needless thread bumping that is causing you to be "picked on"

Edit: This seemed to be displaying as the most recent post when I replied, I may have been on page one when this happens. Apologies for the replying out of sync.

t0daY
08-07-2015, 12:48
Best of luck attracting members to your Leagues Slicker_VR and Freddyforehand. The more the merrier as they say. :)

And no offense intended, but I think it's safe to say that you can put away your tinfoil hats re. TGC getting preferential treatment in this case.

Maybe a bit of background about TGC will help: The reason TGC is well known in WMD circles (the moderators are typically WMDers) is simply because WMD is where the The Gentlemen's Club started. Eventually Elmo, Ziggy, Blackvault & Co. began doing dedicated testing sessions and in doing so helped uncover and document issues to the point that SMS decided to give Elmo (and possibly others) access to their internal bug-tracker (or at least I gather that was part of the reason). The TGCers are generally good eggs and fairness is one of the core tenets of TGC membership.

Hence, it would be somewhat ironic and wholly against the spirit of TGC to rely on preferential treatment to shut out fellow racers or leagues.

Well said... Ziggy, Elmo and all the others on TGC did and doing a really good job out there! It is a shame to "insult" another league/club/community this way, especially TGC...

The better way would be to work together, or helping out each other... but this was just a no-go

ZiggyUK
10-07-2015, 03:19
It is okay guys there is no requirements to protect the TGC but we do thank you for your kind words. The Gentlemen's Club is exactly what it says it is and it's reputation speaks for itself.

We get no preferential treatment other than the testing and bug hunting information we do for the development team of SMS.

We do not believe in luring drivers in with a promise of winning money or any other gimmicks. Vroom approach me as it wanted the TGC to join forces with it but I declined that offer as their ethos does not follow our own. This may have also caused resentment towards the TGC in the posts above.

We at TGC will only open separate threads where there is a specific requirement to. Typical scenario would be for a specific league so that different series i.e. GT, Clio, Prototypes, have their own thread so that drivers of one specific league do not get confused with information about a different league etc.

Onwards and upwards

VR-Mustard
09-08-2015, 04:38
Ziggy i don't believe we've ever had any contact or any conversations so i don't know how you think we don't share the same values/goals... If you had spoken to me i think that you may feel very different.

I do however apologies for Freddyforehand's comments who has since been removed from www.VRroom.org

davicci
09-08-2015, 07:11
Do you use real names or nicknames in your community?

VR-Mustard
09-08-2015, 15:46
We use both, i truly am very sorry for Freddyforehand's actions. After reading through some of this im ashamed and disgusted with his behaviour. I can assure you that this will not happen again.

SaintedP-bo
17-08-2015, 02:12
Im a bit confused. Are you guys asking for PC members still? I thought i read that you were looking to expand your PC base, but then i saw a post saying that you werent anymore? I signed up on the site, but the site asked for a PSN, which i do have but i only have a ps3. I play PCars on PC.

VR-Mustard
17-08-2015, 12:07
Just a quick question to TGC.. I'm under the impression that you guys did some bug testing for the sms team right? I take my hat off to you guys for the time you must have spent doing this but why was this invisible wall bug not picked up on? And is this bug inbeded into this game now from a earlier build?

If this isn't the case then i would like to share our findings with yourselves and see if we can't get to the bottom of this. Like i previously said under a different thread this bug is very much stopping guys like myself taking this game and our website to a whole new level of entertainment. Please please let's fix this bug together.

VR-Mustard
17-08-2015, 12:09
I posted this here because i don't want to make a song and dance about it. Just a valid response would be appreciated lads. Thank you.

Pamellaaa
17-08-2015, 12:19
I posted this here because i don't want to make a song and dance about it. Just a valid response would be appreciated lads. Thank you.

I can speak from my experience with TGC but not for the TGC but I don't believe this bug has affected our recent racing at all, I have been involved with at least one race a week for a few months now and I don't recall having seen this issue at all*, whether that is because it is a PS4 only bug or because it is specific to tracks that we haven't raced on much I don't know - have their been reports of this happening on PC?.

* I did once see a car crash into an invisible object during one of our formation laps on Bathurst but the object turned out to be another car that had failed to sync into the room properly and was stuck on the grid and invisible to other drivers, after the initial impact it was pushed off the track and the race continued almost unaffected. I assume this is different from what you are experiencing but it is possible its related, if this is what is happening then it seems similar to a bug that occurred in GT6 very regularly when all drivers would be on track but some would be invisible to each other, combining that with a stuck car might potentially account for issues like this - could it be a peculiarity with how PSN manages things that is common to both games?

t0daY
17-08-2015, 12:22
Just a quick question to TGC.. I'm under the impression that you guys did some bug testing for the sms team right? I take my hat off to you guys for the time you must have spent doing this but why was this invisible wall bug not picked up on? And is this bug inbeded into this game now from a earlier build?

If this isn't the case then i would like to share our findings with yourselves and see if we can't get to the bottom of this. Like i previously said under a different thread this bug is very much stopping guys like myself taking this game and our website to a whole new level of entertainment. Please please let's fix this bug together.

I can speak from my experience with TGC but not for the TGC but I don't believe this bug has affected our recent racing at all, I have been involved with at least one race a week for a few months now and I don't recall having seen this issue at all*, whether that is because it is a PS4 only bug or because it is specific to tracks that we haven't raced on much I don't know - have their been reports of this happening on PC?.

* I did once see a car crash into an invisible object during one of our formation laps on Bathurst but the object was another car that had failed to sync into the room properly and was stuck on the grid and invisible to other drivers, after the initial impact it was pushed off the track and the race continued almost unaffected.

ninja'd by pam :D

sent you anyway a pm Mustard :p

VR-Mustard
17-08-2015, 13:20
Thank you for your email Today it's appreciated my friend.. Unfortunately we run rooms every night, no aids Abs etc and locked incar view and it happening a lot.. Pretty much every night. Our community are not on pads and are on every single night and believe me when i say that we would be a valuable asset for bug testing. I don't want to go on about this to much but i really do have the guys that could really help in these matters.

Is there a thread open for bug testing that's not on public view as i really want to help in these matters?

VR-Mustard
17-08-2015, 13:24
ninja'd by pam :D

sent you anyway a pm Mustard :p

Gt5 and 6 was a quick Internet connection reset from the room host and then everything worked fine. We do this on the PS4 and pcars which does fix most problems except for this one.

ZiggyUK
19-08-2015, 00:59
Ziggy i don't believe we've ever had any contact or any conversations so i don't know how you think we don't share the same values/goals... If you had spoken to me i think that you may feel very different.

I do however apologies for Freddyforehand's comments who has since been removed from www.VRroom.org

it was Freddyforehand who had contacted me via PM http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?103874-Freddyforehand

Will Fly
19-08-2015, 16:44
PCARS FRIEND :)