PDA

View Full Version : Rain and AI

xX_PHLOX_Xx
25-05-2015, 13:41
Is there an issue here. Racing ginetta g40s at Silverstone Feels like I am on an ice rink and the AI are on rails.

Dookie Possum
25-05-2015, 13:48
I believe that I've seen some replies from moderators/designers/Ian saying that there is a known issue where the AI are unusually fast in the rain. And that they are working on a fix...but my memory is a little dodgy at times.

k.merse
25-05-2015, 20:01
AI is not affected by anything currently, including rain, track temp, tyre temp, tyre wear, mechanical issues etc.

Mahjik
25-05-2015, 20:44
It's known. Here's where you can find some more information on what SMS is looking into:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear&p=936029&viewfull=1#post936029

Doug914
25-05-2015, 21:46
You're on race slicks. So yeah it will like an ice rink until you pit for rain tires. The AI being a bit fast when the rain starts is the bug.

Hengist
25-05-2015, 22:08
You're on race slicks. So yeah it will like an ice rink until you pit for rain tires. The AI being a bit fast when the rain starts is the bug.

A 'bit'fast? Ahem, a 'bit' of an understatement? :)

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 23:12

Trouble is you pit but the AI just keep going so it's a lose lose either way.

LordDRIFT
25-05-2015, 23:38
Doug, my wets don't seem to hold heat, so the longer the race goes on the worse my lap times get. Why is this? This is my biggest complaint at this point.

homerlvsbeer
31-05-2015, 19:09
i have to agree that this must be a unfinished part of project cars, its so annoying i just turned PC off. spent ages making sure i run a good race i just gets in first place after some clever pit moves and some decent driving, then it rains, am on sllcks and the ai pass me like some express train. this totally sucks and needs fixing. the ai are too fast in the rain, and they never slip or spin out. ever.:grumpy:

homerlvsbeer
31-05-2015, 19:13

maybe, i agree being on slicks isnt good, not much help but its over exaggerated, you have to drive round the course like GRANDAD ON SUNDAY MORNING, While ai, dont seem effected in any way whatsoever.

Mahjik
31-05-2015, 21:25
maybe, i agree being on slicks isnt good, not much help but its over exaggerated, you have to drive round the course like GRANDAD ON SUNDAY MORNING, While ai, dont seem effected in any way whatsoever.

It's known and being worked on. Please try to look at the threads stickied at the top of the forum for the most up to date information:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear&p=936029&viewfull=1#post936029

LordDRIFT
31-05-2015, 22:34

Have you driven in the rain threadless tires. It's scary.