PDA

View Full Version : Saving car setups

Jbpd
25-05-2015, 13:53
I'm on ps4 and am having trouble saving car setups for individual tracks.

If i go to select just one one track to save setup to from garage i get a list of all tracks with ticks next to them all, do i need to unselect all the other tracks each time, or is there an easier way?

Also in career mode if i do a practice the setup seems to disappear for qualie and again for the race............i am doing something wrong?

AshenShugar
25-05-2015, 14:02
It is easier if you are doing a track specific setup at the track itself. I only use the garage save method if I'm doing something like a FFB setting save.

danowat
25-05-2015, 14:11
No, you aren't doing anything wrong, the setup system is a bit broken.

JDFSSS
25-05-2015, 14:11
I'm on ps4 and am having trouble saving car setups for individual tracks.

If i go to select just one one track to save setup to from garage i get a list of all tracks with ticks next to them all, do i need to unselect all the other tracks each time, or is there an easier way?

Also in career mode if i do a practice the setup seems to disappear for qualie and again for the race............i am doing something wrong?

When you are at the menu to save your setup, don't click on circuits. Instead, click on the tab that says "specific locations" and select the track you wish to save the setup on. I was having the same issue as you as well. The menus seem poorly designed.

I think the bug where your set up resets is caused by saving a setup in garage, then modifying it at the track. I think if you reset from the garage, it might fix the bug.

danowat
25-05-2015, 14:18
It makes no difference what you do, because the game will never load a saved setup for a race, only practice and qualifying, race setup is always default unless you save your setup as a global setup, which makes the whole setup per track system a waste.

As I said, it's a bit broken.

JDFSSS
25-05-2015, 14:29
It makes no difference what you do, because the game will never load a saved setup for a race, only practice and qualifying, race setup is always default unless you save your setup as a global setup, which makes the whole setup per track system a waste.

As I said, it's a bit broken.

I don't think it has to be saved as a global setup to race with it. I know I can make changes from the default setup in the setup menu at the track, and they will carry over to the race. I think what happens is once you make a global setup, that setup will always load at the beginning of every session, so it's best to just not make one. I'm not entirely sure though.

You are correct that the setup system is broken overall. Also, the fact that you can't have multiple setups per track is a joke.

danowat
25-05-2015, 14:43
I don't think it has to be saved as a global setup to race with it. I know I can make changes from the default setup in the setup menu at the track, and they will carry over to the race. I think what happens is once you make a global setup, that setup will always load at the beginning of every session, so it's best to just not make one. I'm not entirely sure though.

You are correct that the setup system is broken overall. Also, the fact that you can't have multiple setups per track is a joke.

Example.

You do a practice session, make adjustments to the setup, the setup is saved to that track, you go to qualifying and the same setup you made during practice is loaded, so you can qualify with it.

When you go to the race, the setup that is load bares no resemblance to the setups you used in practice and qualifying.

JDFSSS
25-05-2015, 14:53
Example.

You do a practice session, make adjustments to the setup, the setup is saved to that track, you go to qualifying and the same setup you made during practice is loaded, so you can qualify with it.

When you go to the race, the setup that is load bares no resemblance to the setups you used in practice and qualifying.

This doesn't always happen to me. When it did happen, it was resetting to a setup I made from my garage. When it did happen, I think I fixed it by going into my garage and resetting the setup.

If you take a car that you have never made a setup for, the changes you make in practice/quali sessions should carry over to the race. At least, that's how it works for me.

N0body Of The Goat
25-05-2015, 15:00
Example.

A video demonstrating this bug would be helpful, it is a new one to me.

danowat
25-05-2015, 15:09
A video demonstrating this bug would be helpful, it is a new one to me.

I'll see what I can do.

Rob Prange
25-05-2015, 20:56
Moved to Car Setup forum.

Pervasive
26-05-2015, 01:12
This is a bug- and I would think it should be in issues - not really car setups. At best this just goes over work arounds

I can be in practice for a race (career) and the go back to pit - edit setup, change diff , change brake duct (75 to 100) and you can see no changes made.

If I saved a track set up in garage- then that will be the default set up for the track.

The races almost always revert back to default set up instead of quali, or saved set up. I'm not a great tuner but it's easy to feel the Decel diff of 0 versus 20, see brakes heat going from 800 to 1020. Kind of a pain. Just been dealing with it.