PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing? Traction control / WOT at speed?

Blackfoot
25-05-2015, 15:28
As the title suggests, I must be missing something fundamental...

When I'm moving at speed on track (2nd gear, 3rd gear - doesn't matter) and floor the throttle, the revs spike & I no longer accelerate normally. It doesn't seem to matter what car I'm in - this behavior is consistent in every car I've driven. FWIW, I've got TC on globally.

It doesn't feel like wheelspin, it feels like a clutch slipping. Is this normal behavior, bad config on my pedals, or just lack of talent on my part?

Aldo Zampatti
25-05-2015, 15:57

When I'm moving at speed on track (2nd gear, 3rd gear - doesn't matter) and floor the throttle, the revs spike & I no longer accelerate normally. It doesn't seem to matter what car I'm in - this behavior is consistent in every car I've driven. FWIW, I've got TC on globally.

It doesn't feel like wheelspin, it feels like a clutch slipping. Is this normal behavior, bad config on my pedals, or just lack of talent on my part?

Doesn't sounds at all as normal behavior to me.
what wheel/pedals are you using?
Is it possible to post a video of it? if so, use the TELEMETRY HUD while showing the issue.
thanks!

apexatspeed
25-05-2015, 18:22

To me it sounds like you are referreing to the same thing I have been experiencing. This thing also existed in NFS Shift games. It seems like they modeled every car with a manual transmission for some reason. You will notice if you down shift while holding the throttle the car opens the clutch and you will hit max RPM and then the car will engage the next gear with a distinct slow delay. Almost as if you hold the throttle down on a manual transmission while switching gears. Also when you leave the pit the clutch is open for some weird reason and your car will bounce off the rev limiter for a short time before engaging the gear. You can also notice that on the in game character model the driver lifts his foot off the throttle on every car even though it is not necessary for a lot of them which was the same in NFS Shift games. They do this in cars like GT3 cars which is completely unnecessary. This has lead me to believe that the cars are all designed with manual transmission. I am not sure if you are taking about the same thing, but I think this may be what you are talking about.

Blackfoot
25-05-2015, 21:04
OK - tracked it down... Bad config on my G27 pedals - had it configured for "separate pedals". Changed that to "combined" & it works like a charm.

I'm still slow, mind you - but that's the loose nut behind the wheel.

Aldo Zampatti
25-05-2015, 21:13
Combined? glad it's working for you, never used them that way :D

two other things:
1) Be sure calibration is accurate both in windows and in-game
2) BEFORE starting the game, press all the pedals to the max possible, at least a couple of times. There are some situations where Logitech do wacky things so this helps a lot :)

Roger Prynne
25-05-2015, 21:26
OK - tracked it down... Bad config on my G27 pedals - had it configured for "separate pedals". Changed that to "combined" & it works like a charm.

I'm still slow, mind you - but that's the loose nut behind the wheel.

When you use 'combine' both the throttle and the brake pedal are on the same axis which you really want to avoid in sims.
If you let them operate separately you can use both at the same time.

Built350camaro2
25-05-2015, 23:09
Does you have autoclutch on? If not when you shift you have to lift off the throttle or the car wont shift. Same with a real car you cant shift without lifting unless you have a seq transmission.

apexatspeed
25-05-2015, 23:24
Does you have autoclutch on? If not when you shift you have to lift off the throttle or the car wont shift. Same with a real car you cant shift without lifting unless you have a seq transmission.

GT3 cars in the game have the same strange issues and you do not need to lift with a GT3 car in real life.