PDA

View Full Version : Great Game with Annoying Issues

Oddbob
25-05-2015, 15:39
I seriously like this game a lot, and really enjoy the graphics, the ability to pick any tier or car you desire. Also the fact that individual cars handle quite different from each other. As well as the ability to choose various levels of AI. Having said that, here are some annoying issues that to me, bring the value of the game down a bit.

1) Extreme Over-Kill Lap Invalidation:

To me, this isn't even close to realistic, as sometimes, you put no wheels off the track and it kills the lap. Other times, you put one tire off, and again, lap ruined. When I watch for example, Formula 1 (real life), and a guy goes a bit off, you don't then hear the announcers talk about the lap not counting, instead you hear about that mistake just cost him time. Reality is, that if you go off, it slows your time, so therefore, there isn't a need for such extreme punishment for barely going off.

2) Mistake Free AI:

While the different levels of AI effect their aggressiveness and speed, they almost never crash, and go out of the race. The only time this seems to change is if I, get involved with them.

3) Impenetrable AI:

The AI can hit you from the front, side, and rear, and then go on their merry way, while I have to inch my way back to the pits, with damage. If you hit them, they again, almost always continue on their way unharmed, and definitely don't lose any time per lap, from any damage they may have accrued. If they go off track, forget about it, they roar back onto the track, with great fury, and don't care how they come back on track, many times, crashing into me or their fellow AI cars.

4) Crash Physics:

You can run your car full speed into a barrier, and the car basically comes to a dead stop with very little bounce back or reaction of any kind, and many times, the most damage you get is a front tire off, or minor front suspension damage.

Please don't take this, as me thinking the game is terrible, as I do really enjoy it. It is just that these things stop it from being an awesome game.

RedDave84
25-05-2015, 15:53
1. Never experienced that myself.

2. How many times do you see pro drivers crash out of the race?

3. They do?

4. I don't crash so bad as to notice any of this.

It sounds to me like you need to lower your difficulty setting and learn to driver. Slower is faster.

gbm
25-05-2015, 16:20
4) Crash Physics:

You can run your car full speed into a barrier, and the car basically comes to a dead stop with very little bounce back or reaction of any kind, and many times, the most damage you get is a front tire off, or minor front suspension damage.

Please don't take this, as me thinking the game is terrible, as I do really enjoy it. It is just that these things stop it from being an awesome game.

I could be wrong, but I believe the WORLD MOVEMENT setting under Camera changes how much your car is effected by crashing, as opposed to the world around you. Try messing with it.

Knighters
25-05-2015, 17:26
1. Never experienced that myself.

3. They do?

4. I don't crash so bad as to notice any of this.

It sounds to me like you need to lower your difficulty setting and learn to driver. Slower is faster.

I hate this kind of smart arse reply. Not helpful.

Jweaver
25-05-2015, 17:37

And not one i can even take seriously. I find it hard to believe that anyone has not had a lap invalidated unfairly (Point 1).

tmitch45
25-05-2015, 18:01

How about all the time!. Take for example yesterdays Formula 1 race at Monaco, that's right F1 the pinnacle of motor sport, how many crashes where there in the race?

I have to agree with the invalidated lap time situation being too harsh. At the end of the day if anything time is saved cutting corners and I have to say this is where the penalty system needs to be at its most effective. PCARs has done a good job on some of the corners most cut in GT6 by placing large sausage curbs there, I would say this is very effective. But for when people on straights go off track and the lap is invalidated this just isn't needed in the game.

RedDave84
26-05-2015, 07:53

I think you'll find that adjusting your difficulty setting to something you can race competitivley at, and learning to race, is helpful advice.

Oddbob
26-05-2015, 08:15
Just because someone points out flaws in a game, doesn't mean they don't know how to race, or are at the wrong setting.

RedDave84
26-05-2015, 08:25
The OP has mentioned that he gets involved with the AI which sends them out of the race, and that he's hitting barriers at full speed. It paints a certain picture.

As for the lap validation thing, I have genuinley only ever been invalidated when all four wheels leave the track, which is how its supposed to be.

Gloomy
26-05-2015, 09:41
I've seen the ai crash or mess up in front of me before. I don't know how often or rare it is, but they do mess up from time to time.

I have had laps invalidated by just barely having one wheel go slightly off track before. There's a few spots I've lost control, completely went off track and back on and my lap time didn't get invalidated. So it does need some work.

As for the crash physics, maybe they didn't model them for full on collisions. A head on crash like that should just end your race right there. I haven't had any real bad crashes like that yet to see how extensive you can damage the cars.

I'm sure there will be alot of tweaks and adjustments to this game over the coming months.

ChrisK
26-05-2015, 09:48
The OP has mentioned that he gets involved with the AI which sends them out of the race, and that he's hitting barriers at full speed. It paints a certain picture.

As for the lap validation thing, I have genuinley only ever been invalidated when all four wheels leave the track, which is how its supposed to be.

That is the case on certain tracks, but many other times, just barely getting 2 wheels off and you're gone. Spa for example, you can have the whole car off track entering and exiting eau rouge and get no penalty at all which gives a massive speed advantage but run a tiny bit wide into or out of the chase at bathurst and your current and next lap is gone.

It's not terrible, but it does need some tweaking at certain tracks. Particularly the "next lap" invalidated rule.

NickNukem
26-05-2015, 10:00
I've seen the AI crash on the Starts when they all get bunched up, and that's playing on 80% difficulty. 90% is a little too frustrating for me.

As far as Invalid Lap times...the best is when you get "Current and NEXT Lap times are invalidated"....instantly pisses me off.