PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody made a 'Glossary' of terms for the FFB calibration settings?

Issysdad
25-05-2015, 17:08
Hi All,

Just has a look, but couldn't find anything on it.

Is there anybody that can help a noob out please.

All I want to know (in lay mans terms) is what each of the settings mean in the FFB calibration screen. Things like ' Soft Clipping' etc.

I want to change little bits of the FFB, but I tend to get buffer face when I look at the screens.

Cheers.

Sanuck
25-05-2015, 17:15
I wish !
Cant believe SMS let this game go without the needed documentation.
There is room in the nav screens, but they rushed it out without completing it.
Please can this be done, its just common decency to supply this.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 17:16
I wish !
Cant believe SMS let this game go without the needed documentation.
There is room in the nav screens, but they rushed it out without completing it.
Please can this be done, its just common decency to supply this.

Your documentation is here. We'll support you with more than could every fit in a box.

PS, we're not in control of the boxing and contents beyond the game code.

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 17:28
Here's the official FFB guide that goes in-depth, maybe too much even... :)

Sanuck
25-05-2015, 17:31
Your documentation is here. We'll support you with more than could every fit in a box.

PS, we're not in control of the boxing and contents beyond the game code.

Hi Ian
Glad ive got your attention. surely a description of all the setting in game is a basic. ive had this game since launch have have spent most of my time trying to gain basic knowledge about all your setting. Even the members cant clarify lots of them. surely if you coded the game you could put together a guide, if not why are these setting in the game!, please understand its nearly impossible if you havent been involved until retail version. I want to spend my limited time enjoying not trolling through this forum for uncertain answers. Im an "adult" and would like to experiment and learn to enjoy your product but need basic docs to cover all setting.
I dont think im alone in this.

Cheers for your efforts.

Sanuck

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 17:38
Hi Ian
Glad ive got your attention. surely a description of all the setting in game is a basic. ive had this game since launch have have spent most of my time trying to gain basic knowledge about all your setting. Even the members cant clarify lots of them. surely if you coded the game you could put together a guide, if not why are these setting in the game!, please understand its nearly impossible if you havent been involved until retail version. I want to spend my limited time enjoying not trolling through this forum for uncertain answers. Im an "adult" and would like to experiment and learn to enjoy your product but need basic docs to cover all setting.
I dont think im alone in this.

Cheers for your efforts.

Sanuck

The full guide is just above for you Sanuck.

Issysdad
25-05-2015, 17:38
Here's the official FFB guide that goes in-depth, maybe too much even... :)

Thanks for that. Sorry to be a pain, but do you have it in another file type? Can't open a zip file on iPad and my laptop is up the creek!

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 17:39
Thanks for that. Sorry to be a pain, but do you have it in another file type? Can't open a zip file on iPad and my laptop is up the creek!

I think we can do 'doc's, or a pdf. Mods?

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 17:40
I think we can do 'doc's, or a pdf. Mods?

The pdf is too large to be attached (forum limit of 195 kB while the file is 370 kB).

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 17:42
The pdf is too large to be attached (forum limit of 195 kB while the file is 370 kB).

Vit, relax the limits for mods please.

ctd
25-05-2015, 17:42
Edit: sorry, wrong version. Deleted.

Sanuck
25-05-2015, 20:41
Ian
if you thought what was posted is a manual your mistaken.
It is the thoughts of 1 person (blog) Yet again, if you have only been involved since retail this is a joke.
I see you have been very abusive tonight off other posts on this topic.

Im very sad about your attitude. Really thought this game would be ground breaking not only in in game play but attitude.

You ( SMS) made the game, you write a manual.
I guess you can ban me now.

S

Issysdad
26-05-2015, 21:45
I don't suppose you guys could post a PDF of the zip file please? I know Ian asked for the limits to be relaxed for the mods.

Cheers.

joking_aura
02-06-2015, 15:58
Ian
if you thought what was posted is a manual your mistaken.
It is the thoughts of 1 person (blog) Yet again, if you have only been involved since retail this is a joke.
I see you have been very abusive tonight off other posts on this topic.

Im very sad about your attitude. Really thought this game would be ground breaking not only in in game play but attitude.

You ( SMS) made the game, you write a manual.
I guess you can ban me now.

S
I have also been looking for this information and am appalled by the devs response to resonable requests. i feel I can't trust most of what is posted on this forum. I find it to be mostly speculative or contradictory. I'd prefer a definitive guide from the Dev themselves. I'd settle for a wiki page, but would prefer this information to be coded in the game. I really don't want to take the time to sift through a forum, but have been forced to since this seems to be how the Dev wants to deliver information.

Roger Prynne
02-06-2015, 16:08
There's another one I did here in text...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=958100&viewfull=1#post958100

RomKnight
02-06-2015, 16:15
https://mega.co.nz/#!dINzVBqC!dmbJcCbEFwhzT_egJdj4TVDIe-mDPV4xSFBS-T-NIm0

.pdf