PDA

View Full Version : Does the thrustmaster T100 wheel work well with PCARS ?

pioneer1985
25-05-2015, 17:22
I know the wheel is compatible and all that but just want to know if the force feedback ect... performs well with the game and that everything works as it should. I understand that the wheel don't work for navigating ps4 dashboard but that's a non issue for me. As long as the actual driving works well in game that's all i am concerned about.

amazed
25-05-2015, 17:29
I'm using Jack Spade's settings & it works fine for me.

Crisis Nine
26-05-2015, 09:20
It plays like an absolute dream mate. I'd seriously recommend getting one if you can find one.

Mr.Smoke
26-05-2015, 10:12
I absolutely love this game paired up with my T100. Im also using Jack Spades settings.

pioneer1985
26-05-2015, 10:44
It plays like an absolute dream mate. I'd seriously recommend getting one if you can find one.

I absolutely love this game paired up with my T100. Im also using Jack Spades settings.

I have one on order but expected delivery is 12th June so a bit of time to wait. Thanks for the posts chaps as its eased my worries about purchasing.

shpeki
26-05-2015, 13:10
Where i cand find the Jack Spade's settings?

Crisis Nine
26-05-2015, 13:13
It's the stickied thread at the top of the PS4 forum.

shpeki
26-05-2015, 13:34
Thanks.

pioneer1985
30-05-2015, 21:32
Well, my wheel arrived today looked a bit small but after using it for a few hours its not an issue. Overall I am quite pleased with it for the price :). I have put jack spades settings in which seem ok but one thing I have found is when going over kerbs the feedback is sometimes weak anyone else experience this? I have only been in free practice with aston martin GT3 around Silverstone GP.

This is the only minor issue I have but overall I am enjoying the wheel. :)

siemens123
30-05-2015, 23:38
some kerbs are having hard ffb some are having lighter, depends. make sure u use the wheel in non blink mode of the red light (autocentering off) cause its easier and nicer to drive. i also use from Jack setup ,the 66% one.

pioneer1985
31-05-2015, 23:21
still finding the environment feedback pretty weak no matter what settings used its got be bugged or something because going over the same kerbs or bumps sometimes there's feedback other times not, its weird. Same as going off track on the gravel. I notice that the little feed back I do get is only when turning. Going straight there not even a little rumble when going over kerbs even though I am hearing the kerb rumble audio.

Wheel is in non blink mode.

siemens123
31-05-2015, 23:32
idk ,but sometimes when i hit some kerbs ,the ffb is so strong ,that i barely can keep the line ... i use ffb at 100 and tires ffb at 107.

IrideGravity
01-06-2015, 00:05
Can anybody speak directly to the t100's motor speed and ability to snap back to center quickly? Can you use it on 900 degree mode without losing ability to catch an oversteer traction event? It's a $100 wheel just like my old driving force pro. I figure they utilize same motor types still and the 300 dollar difference in t100 and t300 is substantial when it comes to motor speed and accuracy. My old wheel had to be used in 270 degree mode because once you lost traction and had wheel past 90 degree lock, it would never spin back fast enough to catch or sustain a drift. It was game over, control lost. But as long as I used 270 degree which is only 90 degrees lock to lock I was fine. Curious if the new ones include fast enough motors at this t100 price point to utilize 900 degrees of rotation properly.

Helmethead1031
01-06-2015, 00:32
Can anybody speak directly to the t100's motor speed and ability to snap back to center quickly? Can you use it on 900 degree mode without losing ability to catch an oversteer traction event? It's a $100 wheel just like my old driving force pro. I figure they utilize same motor types still and the 300 dollar difference in t100 and t300 is substantial when it comes to motor speed and accuracy. My old wheel had to be used in 270 degree mode because once you lost traction and had wheel past 90 degree lock, it would never spin back fast enough to catch or sustain a drift. It was game over, control lost. But as long as I used 270 degree which is only 90 degrees lock to lock I was fine. Curious if the new ones include fast enough motors at this t100 price point to utilize 900 degrees of rotation properly.

I believe the rotation on a t100 is only 270...not capable of 900 degree

Mr.Smoke
01-06-2015, 00:34
The T100 does not offer 900 degrees of rotation.....

Helmethead1031
01-06-2015, 00:35
still finding the environment feedback pretty weak no matter what settings used its got be bugged or something because going over the same kerbs or bumps sometimes there's feedback other times not, its weird. Same as going off track on the gravel. I notice that the little feed back I do get is only when turning. Going straight there not even a little rumble when going over kerbs even though I am hearing the kerb rumble audio.

Wheel is in non blink mode.

Keep playing with the settings. I had the same complaint when i first started. I kept tweaking Jacks settings and found them to be pretty spot on. Also, make sure the settings are loading consistently. I noticed changes made on the track don't necessarily save. Make sure you set up in the garage.

IrideGravity
01-06-2015, 00:57
Keep playing with the settings. I had the same complaint when i first started. I kept tweaking Jacks settings and found them to be pretty spot on. Also, make sure the settings are loading consistently. I noticed changes made on the track don't necessarily save. Make sure you set up in the garage.

Is handling this in the garage a CONFIRMED work around for this?. Last I heard, there were no guarantee of any saves of setup data staying put. Regardless of where they were made?

siemens123
01-06-2015, 12:26
at 1st ,the changes made in the garage didnt hold on. but now ,after 10 retries and a lot of frustration it seems that they stay. for how long i dunno.
the t100 has 270 degrees and not 900. i drive well with it (66% setup of Jack) , but its room for improvement. i also calibrated the wheel to 90 degrees as stated the game. i dunno how it works with all 270 calibrated (in gameplay the wheel goes till 270 tho). i'm scared to change it there as i dont want all my ffb settings to be screwed up again.

pioneer1985
01-06-2015, 12:58
I have had no problems saving set ups and always do the setups from the track I am on. I thought people doing setups from the garage had save issues.