PDA

View Full Version : 900p Option for PS4

e15f
25-05-2015, 18:05
Hello guys,

Just wondered if a 900p switch would be added to future updates? driving some tracks with high cars and weather is too much for the PS4, the tearing is annoying and offputting when racing at speed.

Obviosuly a 900p option would really help freeing up load.

If this option could be added to the graphics menu at some point that would be great.

Many thanks.:yes:

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 18:06
We'll keep optimising as we can. I think that's a better solution.

e15f
25-05-2015, 18:11
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the really quick reply! (might add your companies customer feedback/response is amazing and the best of any developer i know)

Ok cool, you guys obviously know what you are doing.

Loving the game.

pioneer1985
25-05-2015, 20:20
Finally, an answer on performance, thank you Ian. Hopefully you can squeeze out a bit more optimization at 1080p as that would be ideal but if not a 900p option down the road would be nice if it significantly improved screen tear and framerate with certain situations.

Mascot
25-05-2015, 20:57

That's great to hear. Do you think you'll reach an optimised stage on PS4 where the frame dips and tearing can be totally eliminated under 'normal' load (ie daytime, no precipitation, say 20 cars) on all tracks? It's pretty minimal at the moment but it is a minor annoyance. Be great if it was ironed out completely.

I'm having a blast with pCARS despite all the little niggles. Once my Fanatec GT2 is fully supported the game will really come alive for me though. Can't wait.

Irishnewblood
25-05-2015, 21:36

This is incredible, I'm still shocked you come here to talk to us man.You're a Legend don't let any little fools stop you from doing this.Every studio could learn something from you guy's.

Fre.Mo
25-05-2015, 22:05
Hello guys,

Just wondered if a 900p switch would be added to future updates? driving some tracks with high cars and weather is too much for the PS4, the tearing is annoying and offputting when racing at speed.

Obviosuly a 900p option would really help freeing up load.

If this option could be added to the graphics menu at some point that would be great.

Many thanks.:yes:

I have the same opinion. 60fps is really great but the ps4 seams to terribly support 1080p at this frame rate...
Maybe an option to remove some buildings, people or trees near the tracks would help the ps4?

Wildie
25-05-2015, 22:15
is the tv working in 50hz or 60hz? here I make sure the tv in game mode and set to 60hz for gaming same with bluray movies must be set to 24 and normal tv is at 50hz std for uk.

lordymatsuo
26-05-2015, 07:49
I agree lower resolution is better than tearing and random screen bugs as the PS4 overheats and struggles with this amazing game.

60FPS for racing is far more important than resolution, hell I'd even go for turning off some graphical features like the harsh shadows which get drawn down both sides of the track as the graphics catch up with the barriers.

I can't wait to see what this game becomes in the next 6 months. Already put in about 50+ hours and loving every minute of it.