PDA

View Full Version : PS4 eye

Pirategenius
25-05-2015, 18:26
Just wondering if the PS4 eye camera can be used in game for looking around. As I would free up 2 buttons.

Only asking as I've been asked to get one for another game.

copes24
25-05-2015, 19:16
I don't think you can. I would buy one if they added this feature.

Pirategenius
25-05-2015, 19:37
Oh well got to get one anyway. Would have been a nice feature.

could_do_better
25-05-2015, 19:43
This is no help for PS4 users, but the PC has this feature through addon hardware called TrackIR and via webcams with an application called FaceTrackNoIR.

I actually use a Sony PS3 eye cam as it was really cheap and works at 60Hz. It only works helmet view and while helpful it is not a perfect solution as you can only turn your head so far and still see the screen out of the corner of your eye.

VR with Oculus Rift, Morpheus are the real holy grail for racing simulators. I've not had a chance to try OR myself but apparently even at this stage it is incredible in PCARS. I'll definitely be getting one as soon as I can as i can see it being game changing for racing simulators.

Pirategenius
25-05-2015, 19:50
Yeah I use trackir when using PC version. Hope project Morpheus is as good as they say it is, especially as it's allegedly going to be around 300 mark.

Diablo944
25-05-2015, 23:13
VR with Oculus Rift, Morpheus are the real holy grail for racing simulators. I've not had a chance to try OR myself but apparently even at this stage it is incredible in PCARS. I'll definitely be getting one as soon as I can as i can see it being game changing for racing simulators.

Might be worth a watch in relation to O-rift

http://youtu.be/RJHL8yOutnc