PDA

View Full Version : SimRacing Dashboard - version 1.30 (new)

SimRacing-Tools.de
25-05-2015, 18:51
http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/theme/Basic-Responsive/img/logo_2015_header.png presents the SimRacing Dashboard

The Dashboard is an application which displays in-game informations (e.g. rpm and speed), sends commands (virtual button box) and delivers audio information in / from a web browser. The advantage in this case is, that many different platforms (e.g. tablets, smartphones and laptops) are supported and the user can easily design an own style for a dashboard, button box or combination.The style is based on the well known web technologies like HTML, CSS & JavaScript, where many good sources and tutorials already exists.

In the application SimRacing Dashboard can the necessary adjustments be made. After the start the ip address of the gaming PC and the given port is shown. This address can be used on the browser from devices in the local network and the dashboard will be displayed. If you have problems with the connection check if the client and the gaming PC are in the same network, furthermore the firewall settings (port settings) should be checked (see FAQs).

The special thing is that the styles of the dashboard can be customized, so each driver can create his own dashboard (see Tutorial), telemetry style or virtual button box or choose from an existing one (Style Gallery). The styles are based on the common web technologies HTML, CSS & JavaScript. A tutorial how to create your own style has been published.

Currently the simulations Assetto Corsa, Race 07 / GTR Evolution, GTL, GTR 2, R3E, Project CARS and DiRT Rally are supported.

Download Dashboard Version 1.27 (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=dashboard)

Installation instructions (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=installation-operation)
Trouble shooting / FAQs (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=faqs)
How to create Styles? (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=create-styles)
Compability Matrix (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=compatibility-matrix)
Style Gallery (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=style-gallery)

For more information visit www.simracing-tools.de (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuune4VCO-s

Max Kelly
26-05-2015, 07:11
you did a great job :yes:

nomen nescio
26-05-2015, 08:09
Excellent!

But what is a GSS generator?

SimRacing-Tools.de
26-05-2015, 18:14
Excellent!

But what is a GSS generator?

GSS Generator?

nomen nescio
26-05-2015, 19:20
CSS generator.

Keyboard was broken temporary. :D

SimRacing-Tools.de
26-05-2015, 19:29
CSS generator.

Keyboard was broken temporary. :D

A CSS Generator is tool to generate style sheets.

TrevorAustin
28-05-2015, 15:39
WIll this currently read out sector and lap times, and other information or is that all work in progress?

ANd how does it connect to PCars, I just get unknown application, but some data populates.

Thanks

SimRacing-Tools.de
28-05-2015, 18:25
WIll this currently read out sector and lap times, and other information or is that all work in progress?

ANd how does it connect to PCars, I just get unknown application, but some data populates.

How it works is described here (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=dashboard). Check out the FAQs (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=faqs) if you have problems.
All available data are listed in the compatibility matrix (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=compatibility-matrix), which data will be displayed depends on each style. Visit the style gallery (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=style-gallery) for more information (available features per style).

TrevorAustin
28-05-2015, 20:55
I've sort of got it working thanks.

Although the text to speech ONLY reads out laptimes, despite all options, damage, sectors, etc. being selected. Any ideas?

SimRacing-Tools.de
29-05-2015, 06:26
Although the text to speech ONLY reads out laptimes, despite all options, damage, sectors, etc. being selected. Any ideas?
Damage via Text2Speech isn't supported for Project CARS with the SimRacing Dashboard because it has InGame support.
I will check the support of the other stuff like sector times...

TrevorAustin
29-05-2015, 06:53
Damage via Text2Speech isn't supported for Project CARS with the SimRacing Dashboard because it has InGame support.

It might have in game support but it doesn't work :) ive turned the irritating fool off:) any chance you can turn ir on. Really liking the sector times abd other stuff idea as i play using a rift so get no feedback at all until I'm finished

Also, fo info, if i exit a session the text to speech keaps to kife with fuel warnings, bur not in game.

TrevorAustin
29-05-2015, 20:13

Just been checking what the text to speech does say and there are only 3 things at the moment.

Either;
"new fastest lap, last sector in zero"
"Last lap in 1, last sector in zero"
and as I exit he game, whatever fuel level;
"fuel is getting low"

Hope that helps?

SimRacing-Tools.de
29-05-2015, 21:57
Just been checking what the text to speech does say and there are only 3 things at the moment.

Either;
"new fastest lap, last sector in zero"
"Last lap in 1, last sector in zero"
and as I exit he game, whatever fuel level;
"fuel is getting low"

Hope that helps?

I'll take a look at it on the weekend.

TrevorAustin
29-05-2015, 23:16
I'll take a look at it on the weekend.

That would be brillant, really useful for rift users as we've got no in game hud and the engineer is really not very good yet.

SwaggerJacker
29-05-2015, 23:39
I can't use it if shared memory needs to be turned on. At least not until the game is patched.

TrevorAustin
29-05-2015, 23:48
I can't use it if shared memory needs to be turned on. At least not until the game is patched.

If you turn shared memory off before viewing replays that will probably stop your crashes.

LCJ
30-05-2015, 12:12
Very nice! Exactly what I was looking for. Now I can easily customize a dashbord as I want it. :)

SimRacing-Tools.de
31-05-2015, 15:05
New version is available which fixes problems with Project CARS.
Text2Speech supports Damage (Aero, Engine, Suspension), Sector Times (last, best), Lap Times (last, best) and Fuel Warning.

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 15:40
Text2Speech supports Damage (Aero, Engine, Suspension), Sector Times (last, best), Lap Times (last, best) and Fuel Warning.

Brilliant, thank you, I will try it as soon as I've finished my coffee:) for next release any chance of adding gap to car in front and behind? But what you've given is already superb, thank you.

Howie
31-05-2015, 16:16
How do I change the IP Address? It has one number different from my PC address. Maybe the port is blocked. I got to figure out how to open. :culpability:

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 16:53
How do I change the IP Address? It has one number different from my PC address. Maybe the port is blocked. I got to figure out how to open. :culpability:

you can't it takes the ip address from your network settings so it must be the same. how do you think you know what your ip address is?

Howie
31-05-2015, 17:00
you can't it takes the ip address from your network settings so it must be the same. how do you think you know what your ip address is?

OK, thanks, I'm a little ignorant about this. So I opened the firewall to allow SimRacingDashboard, and my Android Tab is on the same WLAN. But when I try and connect to the IP Address in the Android's Chrome, it times out? Any ideas?

Finally got it working. Needed port set to "Public". Sure would be nice if someone who know html editing, to make a combo button box and dash items. I can't assign the buttons in current button boxes. It answers input in the menus config. But during race act only as ESC.

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 17:21

Just tried it and I get more, but still not right.

tried Imola with the lotus 78 in practice.

AS I left the pits I got "you have small engine damage" even though there is none, and repeated at the end of everything else said.

Then one of.

"New fastest sector" but no time given
"New fastest lap" no mention of last lap sector and no time given
"Last sector completed in 2"
"Last lap completed in 1"

SimRacing-Tools.de
02-06-2015, 20:20
AS I left the pits I got "you have small engine damage" even though there is none, and repeated at the end of everything else said.

Then one of.

"New fastest sector" but no time given
"New fastest lap" no mention of last lap sector and no time given
"Last sector completed in 2"
"Last lap completed in 1"

The engine warning depends on a value change, I'll look at it.
But the other things sound strange cause I cannot reproduce it.

TrevorAustin
02-06-2015, 21:17

Really? Odd.

Could it be because of;
I'm using the dk2?
I use obs to setup and it's still loaded?
I also use profiler for on screen display? (chance of me designing a dashboard with all the info i want, zero)

TrevorAustin
03-06-2015, 08:18
No, its none of those as ive tried without any running and still does it. Damn, isn't going to work for me then i guess.

david42fr
03-06-2015, 09:57
Hi,

Thanks for your work, it's awsome!

Just 2 questions:
1- I use 1.10 version, where can I find the changelog for 1.15?
2- I tried the RTT formula for example and tyre wear doesn't seem to update? is it normal?

Thanks

SimRacing-Tools.de
04-06-2015, 09:07

It seems that the Engine Damage value is continously changing (while engine is on), it is fixed in the upcoming version through a more tolerant detection mechanism.

For the other stuff I could send you a version with extended logging, to detect the problem.

SimRacing-Tools.de
14-07-2015, 19:24
SimRacing Dashboard is available in version 1.20.

Download (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=dashboard)

Changelog:
- fixes for PCars
- R3E support enhanced
- enhanced logging for troubleshooting
- FANATEC / FanaLeds REV-LED fix (driver 219 issue) for AC
- bugfixes

SVO360
22-07-2015, 13:01
im finding the shift lights are not in sync with Project cars shift lights altering percentage in settings doesn't work? what could be the cause?

SimRacing-Tools.de
22-07-2015, 18:15
im finding the shift lights are not in sync with Project cars shift lights altering percentage in settings doesn't work? what could be the cause?
I tested it and it is working, so maybe you have only insert the number but not confirmed it with "return". As indicator you can use the preview which will be recalculated if you change the value.
It is also possible that you tried a style which don't support the Custom Shift Indicator. Please try the Bosch DDU4 or another style from the style gallery where it is mentioned in the features.

SVO360
23-07-2015, 08:01
I tested it and it is working, so maybe you have only insert the number but not confirmed it with "return". As indicator you can use the preview which will be recalculated if you change the value.
It is also possible that you tried a style which don't support the Custom Shift Indicator. Please try the Bosch DDU4 or another style from the style gallery where it is mentioned in the features.

Im sorry but i am not understanding the insert number with return and indication with preview which recalculates! my apologies.

TrevorAustin
23-07-2015, 17:18
It seems that the Engine Damage value is continously changing (while engine is on), it is fixed in the upcoming version through a more tolerant detection mechanism.

For the other stuff I could send you a version with extended logging, to detect the problem.

only just seen this.

I will try the latest version first then maybe yes the extended version.

SimRacing-Tools.de
24-07-2015, 06:01
Im sorry but i am not understanding the insert number with return and indication with preview which recalculates! my apologies.

SVO360
24-07-2015, 13:31
ok no worries ill try it ,does it save automatically?

but wouldnt that indicate the shift light to early if it only 50% of the max rpm?

SimRacing-Tools.de
24-07-2015, 13:59
ok no worries ill try it ,does it save automatically?

but wouldnt that indicate the shift light to early if it only 50% of the max rpm?

It saves automatically, you can check it in the config.ini.
The value (50%) was an example which is simple, nothing more :)

TrevorAustin
24-07-2015, 14:21
only just seen this.

I will try the latest version first then maybe yes the extended version.

Still the same error "new best sector in 1" "Engine has small damage"

xxTheGoDxx
31-07-2015, 07:44
Could you add the option to raise the voice volume further? It's a bit to low with my default system volume. Also the option to disable the introduction sentence would be nice. It's near the first few times but gets old rather quick.

The Russian
18-12-2015, 22:35
Take it this is for pc only, and not ps4/xbox?

SimRacing-Tools.de
19-12-2015, 08:57
Take it this is for pc only, and not ps4/xbox?
Right!

rd.king
02-01-2016, 19:01
The track map that is in the AC dash doesn't seem to work for Pcars.
no issues with it in AC, RE3 though.
Edit: the map works in RE3 but it renders a mirrored image.

SimRacing-Tools.de
10-01-2016, 10:53
Dashboard is available in version 1.30.
Changelog:

bugfixes (Track Name, Delta Best, Delta Last, ...)
Unit options extended (Pressure, Distance, Capacity)
Utils.js updated
DiRT Rally support
New Style - Bosch DDU 8

Download (http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=dashboard)

Note: The documentation of the compatibility matrix will be updated soon including details for each value.

SimRacing-Tools.de
10-01-2016, 10:54
The track map that is in the AC dash doesn't seem to work for Pcars.
no issues with it in AC, RE3 though.
Edit: the map works in RE3 but it renders a mirrored image.

Thanks for the information, I'll check it.

Pfalzdriver
21-01-2016, 12:46
Can anybody tell how I can add information about damage? Its especially the brake damage I'm interested in. :)
Just checked the gallery and not a single style shows information bout damage.

henrikl
13-03-2016, 06:15
Hi HH,

Great work as always. Thank you.

Greetings,
Henrik

DRTDXBOX
04-04-2016, 21:26
Hi...Help me...please....I have SimRacing-Tools v.1.3.2 and it plays so goog with Assetto and PCars but with Dirt Rally all is nice but when I put Reverse Gear in the game show the letter "R" of Reverse but in the dashboard on my tablet show the number "10"....that is ilogical....gear "10"....please, help....Look the follow photo 230936