PDA

View Full Version : Glue on cars?

gp20
25-05-2015, 21:38
It happens often that someone touch me and i feel like glued to his car. It ends into a wall.

It's boring.

Bealdor
25-05-2015, 21:41
Please add more details to your post.

Side collisions?
Collisions in the back?
What cars?

gp20
25-05-2015, 21:43
Side collision.
It was a proto race, can't remember the car exactly probably oreca on US circuit.

gp20
25-05-2015, 21:44
I will post a video tomorrow, i have a good example.

Bealdor
25-05-2015, 21:52
Yes, videos are always the best bug reports.

gp20
25-05-2015, 22:42
Not proto, explanation tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a_8LsA5Tvk

MarleyMoo
25-05-2015, 22:47
This looks correct. When the left rear gets bumped, the car is steered left. No glue needed.

gp20
25-05-2015, 22:51
I tried to turn to the right all the time without sucess, i feel like glued until i touched the wall.

Mrbrown33
25-05-2015, 23:01
Looks ok to me? The car behind is making contact with your rear quarter because you pulled in front of him. It was to be honest, an illegal move. In real life you probably would of been disqualified for that. If your rushing past AI like that and they feel like their getting in the way, probably best to knock up the difficulty.

MarleyMoo
25-05-2015, 23:06
It just happens that your effort in steering right is overpowered by the bumping steering you left.

madmax2069
26-05-2015, 00:05
That my dear sir is a pit maneuver, you basically pit maneuvered yourself.

Are you using a controller ?

If you are you're being limited with your steering by the speed sensitivity setting (the faster you go the more it will limit you from reaching full wheel lock), being that you was going quite fast when it happened you wasnt getting your full wheel lock to try to counter steer out of it.

If you lower the steering speed sensitivity you can go faster and it wont limit your full steering range as much, also try turning on opposite lock help. and if you havent, set the controller input mode to 2 (as it has a faster corssover speed so that you can counter steer faster).

Basically the game was holding you back from counter steering out of it probably due to your control settings.

fostrike
26-05-2015, 08:00
The issue is present in the game but this video in not even related to that.
When you are in the middle of a bend and an opponent just touch you in the rear back, your car just go STRAIGHT with no control at all.
And THIS make no sense whatsoever.

gp20
26-05-2015, 09:22
That my dear sir is a pit maneuver, you basically pit maneuvered yourself.

Are you using a controller ?

If you are you're being limited with your steering by the speed sensitivity setting (the faster you go the more it will limit you from reaching full wheel lock), being that you was going quite fast when it happened you wasnt getting your full wheel lock to try to counter steer out of it.

If you lower the steering speed sensitivity you can go faster and it wont limit your full steering range as much, also try turning on opposite lock help. and if you havent, set the controller input mode to 2 (as it has a faster corssover speed so that you can counter steer faster).

Basically the game was holding you back from counter steering out of it probably due to your control settings.

I'm using a T80 on this one. Now i have the T100 which is better.

80AI
26-05-2015, 09:23
I love these "example" videos which always seem to prove the exact opposite of the OP's point.

vicdavery
26-05-2015, 09:28
The front wheels look like they are sliding because you're going sideways, therefore steering will have little effect. Even on full right lock they are probably only going in the direction of travel.

Apart from that I'm guessing in real-life you would black flagged for leaving the track down the straight. I'm assuming that white line is the official track edge.

So you were rejoining the track and cutting across another driver.

evanzo7
26-05-2015, 09:31
That video was a bad example but the OP is still correct.
There has been many occasions, especially online where door to door contact results in neither car being able to turn.

I had an incident last night at Oulton Park in Ginetta GT4.
Made a move up the inside of fellow competitor, they turned in on me and we had a small tap.
It was the right hairpin turn and I was on the inside, after the tap he moved back out to give me space but may car seemed to get stuck to his despite me trying to turn right, a lot tighter than he was.
It was a front quarter against a rear quarter tap but the way were turning meant that realistically I would have turned a lot tighter and took the place but because of the game it stuck my car to his, meant he couldn't turn right like he wanted to and it dragged us both towards the outside grass, I had to practically stop before my car would separate, this ultimately left the poor other guy in the grass!

dyr_gl
26-05-2015, 09:32
I got the same in a GT3 race. Will post video.

gp20
26-05-2015, 09:34
It just happens that your effort in steering right is overpowered by the bumping steering you left.
Perhaps.
On the camera view it seems obvious that i'm at big angle although with the cockpit view it is not.

The story is that there is a guy who has not started at the green light. Behind the guy has started slowly and hopefully for me he has chosen to go to the left. I went to the right.
At the end of the road i tried to go back to the main circuit because i knew that if i put a tyre on the "grass" there was a big chance to make a spin.
I tried to find a hole in the pack and decided to go in front of the green car. Unfortunatly even if i'm in front of him, i touched him and stayed glued until i crash into the wall.

gp20
26-05-2015, 09:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-0jaYHzcIo&feature=youtu.be

first collision :_ i follow my line and go to the contact then i can't disengage. I feel glued.
second collision :_ he goes to the contact and we ended both into the wall. I feel glued too.

gp20
26-05-2015, 09:44
There has been many occasions, especially online where door to door contact results in neither car being able to turn.
Excatly, that's the point.

babazulu

+1
Exactly!
Video is maybe bad but OP has still right.

There is a weird physics going on when both cars are touching doors to doors, sideways.
Like there is a magnetic force for a 1-2 sec., nothing you can do.

I understand I cannot turn the wheel in the other cars direction, it's blocking that way, but I guess I should be able to move my car to the opposite side.

Pink_650S
The issue is present in the game but this video in not even related to that.
When you are in the middle of a bend and an opponent just touch you in the rear back, your car just go STRAIGHT with no control at all.
And THIS make no sense whatsoever.

Was about to say the same thing.
Its very unnatural and can be super annoying when you have impatient people behind you.

Lets use the Laguna Seca example: First corner is a slow left corner, mid-corner someone touches your rear right tyre and both stick to each other like glue and go straight ahead, except if the one behind brakes, but we all know 80% of the people online dont know what a brake is.

gp20
26-05-2015, 09:51
OP is right. :p

gp20
26-05-2015, 09:56
By the way and according to Formula 1 rules, i have the priority on all these videos.

The first driver has the priority. I'm first if my tyres are first, that is the rule in Formula 1 AFAK.:cool:
On both corners (second video) the other driver cut my line (outside and inside). I'm first at the beginning of the corner, i have the priority, i can't be blamed.

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 10:10
OP is right. :p

You are the OP.

gp20
26-05-2015, 10:17
You are the OP.
I know.:rolleyes:

JDFSSS
26-05-2015, 10:28
OP is right. The collision physics are really bad in this game.

Chariotz
26-05-2015, 10:31
Yes, I agree with you, videos are always the best bug reports.

dyr_gl
26-05-2015, 12:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByF6gskeB8c

Check it around the 3 minutes mark, on the old pit straight. Thereīs an onboard replay when the action ends too to see what I was having to do with the wheel.

The other driver was trying to turn right all the time to allow me on the track but our cars were stuck into each other. The initial bump was bad enough that it should have sent me wide and separated from him , yet we became glued for seconds until I braked into the old turn 1.

Dreco
26-05-2015, 12:14
I agree with the OP.

evanzo7
26-05-2015, 12:16

Check it around the 3 minutes mark, on the old pit straight. Thereīs an onboard replay when the action ends too to see what I was having to do with the wheel.

The other driver was trying to turn right all the time to allow me on the track but our cars were stuck into each other. The initial bump was bad enough that it should have sent me wide and separated from him , yet we became glued for seconds until I braked into the old turn 1.

Now that is a really good example, thankfully for you you both continued and it didn't really affect your race but the example remains. The cars get needlessly stuck.
Towards the end of the straight we can see you turning left to get off him but to no avail. No denying that this is an issue, clear as day to see.

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 12:32
Watched the clips, but all looks like driver error to me and no glueing just the law of physics working as they should.

JDFSSS
26-05-2015, 12:34
Watched the clips, but all looks like driver error to me and no glueing just the law of physics working as they should.

I don't understand how you could come to this conclusion. The cars clearly get stuck on each other.

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 12:43
I don't understand how you could come to this conclusion. The cars clearly get stuck on each other.

What clip bud? I'll re watch.

LR_Se7eN
26-05-2015, 13:02
This is a real thing. Come up and bump the rear of a car enough to upset its balance and both of you get stuck together and you are at the will of the car in front. Happens to me all the time. Not the same when the AI bumps though....

JDFSSS
26-05-2015, 13:12

i think both of the clips in this video are clear examples of cars sticking together unnaturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-0jaYHzcIo&feature=youtu.be

first collision :_ i follow my line and go to the contact then i can't disengage. I feel glued.
second collision :_ he goes to the contact and we ended both into the wall. I feel glued too.

evanzo7
26-05-2015, 13:14

The one post by dyr_gl.

Watch him at the end of the straight, he is turning left and the car still goes straight!
This does not happen in real life, simple!

i think both of the clips in this video are clear examples of cars sticking together unnaturally.

No those two clips are bad examples, the other clip like I mentioned above is a better example!

fostrike
26-05-2015, 13:24

Please, you obviously have to experience the glitch in first person, a video can not give you the glue feeling on the controls

JDFSSS
26-05-2015, 13:31
The one post by dyr_gl.

Watch him at the end of the straight, he is turning left and the car still goes straight!
This does not happen in real life, simple!

No those two clips are bad examples, the other clip like I mentioned above is a better example!

You are right, that clip is even more conclusive, especially after watching the onboard shot. No one can say cars don't stick together after watching that.

Howie
26-05-2015, 14:00
Not proto, explanation tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a_8LsA5Tvk Clearly, you went to the extreme inside of the track to pass, but then turned into the cars before you were fully past them. They are then pushing against your rear quarter panel. Having you "stuck" at an angle you cannot recover, until they stop pushing against you. Your fault, and good/realistic physics at work.

Howie
26-05-2015, 14:14

Looks to me like you're trying to turn back onto the track, and are pushing against him, faster than he can get away from you. I have noticed cars looking like they're stuck together, side by side in real racing. They just can't get the grip to move apart, that's all that is happening.

Howie
26-05-2015, 14:20
Please, you obviously have to experience the glitch in first person, a video can not give you the glue feeling on the controls Some of the video posted looks like front wheels unable to turn because another car is pushing against the tire. Same thing when moving against a guard rail. Which won't allow you to turn away from it, till you come to a stop.

JDFSSS
26-05-2015, 14:23
Clearly, you went to the extreme inside of the track to pass, but then turned into the cars before you were fully past them. They are then pushing against your rear quarter panel. Having you "stuck" at an angle you cannot recover, until they stop pushing against you. Your fault, and good/realistic physics at work.

The other examples posted in this thread have conclusively shown that cars stick together unnaturaly. I see you are a WMD member, so I assume you have played that game a bit. Have you not noticed cars sticking together when you hit other cars?

Even in this clip with the OP, where the problem is least apparent, the collision still doesn't look realistic. The car should spin until the front of the car makes contact with one of the other cars to stop the spin, but instead the rear seems to magically regain traction and stop spinning. The car then drives at an angle toward the two cars and the same process happens again. It's easier to see this if you watch the clip in 1/4 speed.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 14:24
I agree there's some hint of sticking happening there guys. We'll work on it.

evanzo7
26-05-2015, 14:27
Looks to me like you're trying to turn back onto the track, and are pushing against him, faster than he can get away from you. I have noticed cars looking like they're stuck together, side by side in real racing. They just can't get the grip to move apart, that's all that is happening.

I'm sorry but did you not see his wheel movements at the end of the straight, he is clearly turning left (away from other car) for a reasonable amount of time in racing terms. This action should see him no longer touching the other car but low and behold he is still "connected".
Regardless of how the contact happened, when an action is taken to come away from contact that action should be carried out but on several occasions the game just doesn't do it!

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 14:27
Sorry guys, but I've watched those clips over and it still looks like driver error to me, I think that feeling of being glued is simply the opponents cars pushing yours, this would imply that the physics are working as they should.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 14:33
Sorry guys, but I've watched those clips over and it still looks like driver error to me, I think that feeling of being glued is simply the opponents cars pushing yours, this would imply that the physics are working as they should.

It's a bit of both.

We simulate some 'bumper entanglement' and we might just have kept the levels a bit too high for gaming fun.

Howie
26-05-2015, 14:47
I see you are a WMD member, so I assume you have played that game a bit. Have you not noticed cars sticking together when you hit other cars? Not to the point that I thought it was a serious bug. Cars get glued together in real racing all the time. And it's easy to get frustrated and blame the game when things don't go our way. I'm not saying, "as Ian points out." It's not possible there isn't something that could be tweaked to make it more fun. I just don't want to lose realistic for "more fun".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEX36Ew4xiI

evanzo7
26-05-2015, 14:53
Not to the point that I thought it was a serious bug. Cars get glued together in real racing all the time. And it's easy to get frustrated and blame the game when things don't go our way. I'm not saying, "as Ian points out." It's not possible there isn't something that could be tweaked to make it more fun. I just don't want to lose realistic for "more fun".

That is completely different, two cars are at an arrows head, of course they aren't going to move. That is a ridiculous comparison!

In this video the cars are side by side and can't separate, this is the issue that is getting discussed. Like I've said before you see him turn left away from the other car moments before the right turn but the cars don't separate until the anchors are hit!

JDFSSS
26-05-2015, 14:59
Not to the point that I thought it was a serious bug. Cars get glued together in real racing all the time. And it's easy to get frustrated and blame the game when things don't go our way. I'm not saying, "as Ian points out." It's not possible there isn't something that could be tweaked to make it more fun. I just don't want to lose realistic for "more fun".

lol @ that clip. I don't think I would consider the cars sticking together a serious bug either. It just seems a bit unnatural and unrealistic to me. I know cars can get stuck together in real life, but this game seems to go a bit overboard with the sticking together. I am all about the realism too and wouldn't want to sacrifice the realism to make the game easier.

Howie
26-05-2015, 15:19
Admittedly my video is extreme case of cars getting stuck together. But I think you're taking the case in your video way too seriously. All I see in you video. Two cars come together in a high speed corner. Which is to be expected. Then they're jasoling back a forth as they go down the straight. Each making a move that aggravates rather than remedying the situation. It's not like they're talking to each other, "now you turn left while I turn right". I just can't come to the conclusion that this is a physics fail, from the video. Maybe after more time driving, I might finally come to that conclusion? But we can't start changing the game every time someone points out a case of seemingly physics flaws. It has to be very well documented first.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:22

Yup, I'm with Howie here, no issue at all at the 3 min mark.

evanzo7
26-05-2015, 15:30
I agree and disagree, it was all jostling etc until then end of the straight.

From the replay cam both cars are going straight as they come towards the turn which is fine but it is when you go inside the car you see him turn left and it just doesn't happen.
Now in this video it wasn't a big deal they both continued but there are other circumstances where this type of incident ends with one or both cars going off, like I posted earlier on in this thread.

I will try and get video evidence of this but it has happened many many times, and I've seen others complain too!

My post originally;

I had an incident last night at Oulton Park in Ginetta GT4.
Made a move up the inside of fellow competitor, they turned in on me and we had a small tap.
It was the right hairpin turn and I was on the inside, after the tap he moved back out to give me space but may car seemed to get stuck to his despite me trying to turn right, a lot tighter than he was.
It was a front quarter against a rear quarter tap but the way were turning meant that realistically I would have turned a lot tighter and took the place but because of the game it stuck my car to his, meant he couldn't turn right like he wanted to and it dragged us both towards the outside grass, I had to practically stop before my car would separate, this ultimately left the poor other guy in the grass!

dyr_gl
26-05-2015, 15:36

Nope. He was turning right to let me in, with noting to his right. The car wouldnīt turn. He even had a car pushing him square on from the left towards the right.

Later down the straight I have to turn left severely to keep going straight. For the speed we were doing I was turning really hard. I have nothing on my left yet the car wonīt go there, at the same time heīs turning right away from me.

Importantly, at no point of any of the events any of the cars was PIT maneuvring each other, we were fully side by side and touching square on. That contact doesnīt result in rotation for closed wheel racing cars. Because may I add, your use of that example is either bad faith or ignorance to understand a massive difference... thatīs a car pulling a PIT manuevre rotating two rivalsī rear end in opposite directions. Of course they canīt do anything to de-tangle, the cars in the sides are being rotated and sliding badly. In my case, you get two cars fully side by side with no rotation momentum going on from anyone.

Clear game problem. I know thereīs going to be apologists here that will deny any possible issue based on random empty talk, but I was there, behind the wheel, and I know what Force Feedback was doing, and it isnīt what you get from cars touching square on fully side by side...

evanzo7
26-05-2015, 15:40
Admittedly my video is extreme case of cars getting stuck together. But I think you're taking the case in your video way too seriously. All I see in you video. Two cars come together in a high speed corner. Which is to be expected. Then they're jasoling back a forth as they go down the straight. Each making a move that aggravates rather than remedying the situation. It's not like they're talking to each other, "now you turn left while I turn right". I just can't come to the conclusion that this is a physics fail, from the video. Maybe after more time driving, I might finally come to that conclusion? But we can't start changing the game every time someone points out a case of seemingly physics flaws. It has to be very well documented first.

This isn't my best example but the only one that I know I've posted online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJzdAqYOCI0

Just after 25 seconds you see a car come across my front and we both have an accident.
After talking to the guy after he told me he was pretty much full lock left trying to get the car off of mine. Now at the point of contact I did not turn into him at all, once my car landed on all 4 wheels again, then did I start turning left into him but by that point we were both pretty much in the wall.
During the time I was on two wheels he was turning left, and my car was not really against his rear quarter, so it wasn't due to just my car that he came across on me, it was due to a mixture of both that and cars sticking in my eyes!

I have a better example which I will try to get later!

gp20
26-05-2015, 15:59
Please, you obviously have to experience the glitch in first person, a video can not give you the glue feeling on the controls
Yes.
I know this now for a fact because it happens often and in different situations. It can't be a driver error.

Same phenomenon happens with barrier/wall. You can try Bathurst with a kart, it's very hard to go back to the road.
The kart physic is wrong and the barrier/wall act like magnet. Conjugaison of both is a nightmare when you have an accident.

Howie
26-05-2015, 16:27
see him turn left I must be looking at the wrong section of video? At 3:13-15, they both turn right with no problem.

JDFSSS
26-05-2015, 16:30
I must be looking at the wrong section of video? At 3:13-15, they both turn right with no problem.

Make sure you watch the onboard view of the incident. At about 4:29 you will see him holding the wheel to the left, but the car keeps going slightly to the right.

Howie
26-05-2015, 16:31
This isn't my best example but the only one that I know I've posted online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJzdAqYOCI0

Just after 25 seconds you see a car come across my front and we both have an accident.
After talking to the guy after he told me he was pretty much full lock left trying to get the car off of mine. Now at the point of contact I did not turn into him at all, once my car landed on all 4 wheels again, then did I start turning left into him but by that point we were both pretty much in the wall.
During the time I was on two wheels he was turning left, and my car was not really against his rear quarter, so it wasn't due to just my car that he came across on me, it was due to a mixture of both that and cars sticking in my eyes!

I have a better example which I will try to get later!

Yes, we can't tell anything without seeing what both cars are doing. Probably best for testing this, is from a rear view camera, as far back as you can get it.

Howie
26-05-2015, 16:35
Make sure you watch the onboard view of the incident. At about 4:29 you will see him holding the wheel to the left, but the car keeps going slightly to the right. Were talking about different videos. Please re-post the one you're discussing. Thanks. I was discussing this one. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=944369&viewfull=1#post944369

JDFSSS
26-05-2015, 16:42
Were talking about different videos. Please re-post the one you're discussing. Thanks. I was discussing this one. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=944369&viewfull=1#post944369

No, we are discussing the same video. Take a look at the 4:25 mark. It's the onboard view of the same incident that happened earlier at around the 3 minute mark.

denjel-san
26-05-2015, 17:56
Hello forum! :)

Although i do not recall expieriencing any situations like OP has mentioned, and what is shown in the videos, i would also say it is just physics at work. Two cars side by side, pushed against each other, being held togehther by partly; force and interlocking. For an example, check out this piece of gold on youtube - the whole video this is worth a watch [or skip to 2:35 to see physics@work].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSL65K0qZPs

Maybe physics and:

(...) We simulate some 'bumper entanglement' and we might just have kept the levels a bit too high for gaming fun.

...explains this "glue-bug" ?!

PS: loving the game as hell - big thx to all wmd`s & sms`s and everyone who made this happen :yes:

MarleyMoo
26-05-2015, 18:11
This one looks normal. That he's steering right doesn't guarantee he can get away to the right, considering this is a right hand turn and the first bump to his rear already reduced his slip angle, making him run wide.

Toxic
26-05-2015, 18:18
By the way and according to Formula 1 rules, i have the priority on all these videos.

The first driver has the priority. I'm first if my tyres are first, that is the rule in Formula 1 AFAK.:cool:
On both corners (second video) the other driver cut my line (outside and inside). I'm first at the beginning of the corner, i have the priority, i can't be blamed.

Not sure which car you are

38 is at fault for the first collision
42 at fault for the second

Just my opinion!

Alan Dallas
26-05-2015, 18:25
Okay, looking at the sample video's here, I can tell you what's NOT happening.
Proper Racecraft. As in Properly Braking and giving room to avoid a collision.

Also I could waste my time and post many YT vids of REAL race cars being stuck together and sliding off track after making door to door contact. But I won't.

fostrike
26-05-2015, 19:21
Okay, looking at the sample video's here, I can tell you what's NOT happening.
Proper Racecraft. As in Properly Braking and giving room to avoid a collision.

Also I could waste my time and post many YT vids of REAL race cars being stuck together and sliding off track after making door to door contact. But I won't.

Can happen but in a different way, usually when really side to side.
GT3 at Brands, this guy try a wrong overtake in a slow right bend and just slightly touch my rear back (like just my rear right tyre with his front left bumper), a small contact and I can not steer anymore in any giving direction. I can understand not beeing able to turn left, but at least I MUST be able to turn right more even in front of him.
Going straight with no control never occur to me in any racing game since the beginning of racing games.

Ofuscor
26-05-2015, 19:31
Double post? sorry

Ofuscor
26-05-2015, 19:31
I cannot believe we are even having this argument! I thought this was very clear, do you even play the game you sell? Seriously. As soon as two cars touch they both canīt steer. It happens also if two cars touch each other on the front/back. One thing is getting stuck because of the plastics holding each other, but they are not made of titanium, they cannot overpower the steering wheel.

https://youtu.be/vSQp0cisPik

Why on earth would my friend keep on going to the wall? Why would he not turn? IT IS A STRAIGHT! He told me he was turning, I was also turning left. As soon as the contact stops my cars steers quite violently to the left, so violent I almost went of the road. You can see on my rearview mirror he crashed and is recovering.

https://youtu.be/iG97ftx3r5w

Here you have sample B, again we touch and slowly go off the road. We cannot break apart until we crash on to the wall.

This issue is VERY real.

Warhead
26-05-2015, 19:36
do you have the smallest amount on physics? there is nothing incorrect, except that you cannot drive...

Ofuscor
26-05-2015, 19:40
do you have the smallest amount on physics? there is nothing incorrect, except that you cannot drive...

Yeah, sure, tell that to the leaderboards on laguna seca with the pagani zonda I think Iīm 22. With a freaking joystick.

ragincajun77
26-05-2015, 19:44
As you make contact with your friends bumper he turns steering wheel left which brings the tail and your car to the right. As you turn the steering wheel to the left guess what you are doing? Pushing his front end to the right. Try it yourself using your phone and your finger. Make contact with your finger to the bottom right of your phone. Turn your phone like it would be steering left. It starts pushing your finger to the right. Then push your finger to the left (like you are steering left) and you will see that the phone front end turns to the right pushing you both into the wall. It's just physics mate. :)

Howie
26-05-2015, 19:53
No, we are discussing the same video. Take a look at the 4:25 mark. It's the onboard view of the same incident that happened earlier at around the 3 minute mark. Then this is your answer, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=945874&viewfull=1#post945874 You can't steer when another car is pushing the back quarter of yours. Police use that maneuver to spin out people they want to stop.

fostrike
26-05-2015, 20:35
Then this is your answer, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=945874&viewfull=1#post945874 You can't steer when another car is pushing the back quarter of yours. Police use that maneuver to spin out people they want to stop.

Are you for real? LOL, this is stupid ridiculous

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 20:38
Calling people "stupid" is not tolerated here. Stay away from posts like these. Thanks.

fostrike
26-05-2015, 20:46
Calling people "stupid" is not tolerated here. Stay away from posts like these. Thanks.

Not him of course, is stupid trying to defend at all cost (even without a logic) a damn glitch that also mr. Bell noticed.

ragincajun77
26-05-2015, 20:59
I'm curious where Mr Bell admitted this was a glitch? A pit maneuver will turn the front car to the right and if done correctly make it spin out. If done too far up the back quarter pane, such as in this video, both cars will be forced to the right. To "unstick" the cars, the following driver could have hit his brakes at which point the lead car would spin out to the right.

fostrike
26-05-2015, 21:26
I'm curious where Mr Bell admitted this was a glitch? A pit maneuver will turn the front car to the right and if done correctly make it spin out. If done too far up the back quarter pane, such as in this video, both cars will be forced to the right. To "unstick" the cars, the following driver could have hit his brakes at which point the lead car would spin out to the right.

It's funny how the people speak about this event without actually never experienced this glitch (yes, to me is a glitch).
And is even more funny thinking about a WMD member that never notice that...
And for the record, we are pointing this out because we love the game, not otherwise.

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 21:30
This is the latest comment about this from Mr. Bell:

It's a bit of both.

We simulate some 'bumper entanglement' and we might just have kept the levels a bit too high for gaming fun.

ragincajun77
26-05-2015, 21:37
Honestly man, I'm just trying to help. You are right that I haven't experienced this phenomenon yet, but looking at the video that has been posted in this thread it seems that it follows fundamental laws of physics. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

fostrike
26-05-2015, 21:38
That's why I called this a "glitch" and not "bug", but since I'm italian could be that I do not understand the the difference properly

dyr_gl
26-05-2015, 21:42
Then this is your answer, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=945874&viewfull=1#post945874 You can't steer when another car is pushing the back quarter of yours. Police use that maneuver to spin out people they want to stop.

Good thing weīre touching square on FULLY SIDE BY SIDE, DOOR TO DOOR. Did you even watch the video mate?

Gosh, some WMD members are utterly delusional. Youīve created a great product that weīre enjoying like crazy, yet some of you refuse to keep improving on it by digging the head on the sand (or worse: talking nonsense to play problems down). Massive thumbs down. :mad:

kjay
26-05-2015, 21:42
The videos may not show it clearly. You really need to be driving the car to understand the issue. It's not a matter of who's at fault. It's just that sometimes the cars get stuck and you can't separate them. Ian explained the reason for it and i imagine the remedy is forthcoming.

fostrike
26-05-2015, 21:43
Honestly man, I'm just trying to help. You are right that I haven't experienced this phenomenon yet, but looking at the video that has been posted in this thread it seems that it follows fundamental laws of physics. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

If the pit maneuver is the one used by cops, well the basic idea behind is to flip the robbers car with a limited risk for the cops car.
In the game, both cars get stuck together with no steering response, even for a small front side bumper contact.

ragincajun77
26-05-2015, 21:57
Good thing weīre touching square on FULLY SIDE BY SIDE, DOOR TO DOOR. Did you even watch the video mate?

Gosh, some WMD members are utterly delusional. Youīve created a great product that weīre enjoying like crazy, yet some of you refuse to keep improving on it by digging the head on the sand (or worse: talking nonsense to play problems down). Massive thumbs down. :mad:

To be fair there are a total of 8 different videos in this thread.

dyr_gl
26-05-2015, 22:08
Heīs been pointed twice to the video we were talking about!! He is perfectly aware of that. And he still dares talking random crap about PIT maneuvre, when heīs watching door to door contact... so, for the third time:

At 3:00 and 4:20.

ragincajun77
26-05-2015, 22:31
In a perfectly inelastic collision the two colliding objects stick together. Looks like the two cars are the same so they would have the same mass. Right hand turn one car starts losing grip and begins sliding to the left, collides with car on his left forcing it to the left until you lose grip, both cars slide stuck together to the left. I didn't see anything in that video contrary to the laws of physics, but I also haven't personally experienced it.

Insatiant
26-05-2015, 22:46
I agree with the OP that there's an occasional sense of being glued to the opponent after contact. I've certainly experienced in the invitational events during superkart season (i.e. BMW 320, MB 190, RUFs). It's a possibility many of the accidents were caused by my driving error and some were "self-pit" maneuvers, but at least some were very light side-by-side as well. The glitch/problem is that both cars go in a straight line all the way from contact speed (50-120mph) down to nearly stopping, before my inputs are able to produce any reaction - as if the physics in this situation are broken or the AI are programmed to try to maintain contact.

FWIW historically, this same situation existed in NFS Shift 2 (pCARS quasi-predecessor), but not in NFS Shift, rFactor, rFactor 2, or GRID Autosport; so it's not solely a gamepad-vs-wheel issue or totally uninformed gamer syndrome. It will be interesting to see what comes from SMS' look into the bumper entanglement parameter.

ragincajun77
26-05-2015, 22:48
Okay that did explain a lot more.

dyr_gl
26-05-2015, 22:49
In a perfectly inelastic collision the two colliding objects stick together. Looks like the two cars are the same so they would have the same mass. Right hand turn one car starts losing grip and begins sliding to the left, collides with car on his left forcing it to the left until you lose grip, both cars slide stuck together to the left. I didn't see anything in that video contrary to the laws of physics, but I also haven't personally experienced it.

When a car understeers into another and hits another laterally, the guy outside gets pushed wide. Itīs an instant force. He doesnīt get tangled for seconds unless the car starts rotating on the rivalīs nose.

And even worse, the moment at the end of the straight when, with both cars in full control after seconds of contact, Iīm turning left, heīs turning right, and we canīt get unstuck...

cossie29
26-05-2015, 23:31
Yep this "sim" as everyone keeps calling it, has terrible crash physics, Im sick of A.I OR online racers the minute they touch you side by side or even your rear 1/4 panel you just go straight on glued together! very very unrealistic! plus what the hell is going on with the actual crash damage?!? i have been rolled multiple times and no broken windows or missing wing mirrors? gameplay is ok but for a "sim" it is pretty poor! so glad i wasted my hard earned money on it!

Howie
26-05-2015, 23:52
At the second corner after the so called "glued together" incident. The inside car is a little ahead of the outside car. This could cause a slight pit like effect on that cars turning. As someone alluded to, when they said, "his car wouldn't respond to the wheel". As for the whole innocent. As I have watched it quite a few times. In the first corner, the inside car softly slides into the side of the outside car, forcing him off the track. The guy on the outside then turns back toward the track. Which keeps his car pressed against the inside car. It takes the whole short straight to finally regain separate control. As seen in the second "right" turn. And it is when you called it a left turn. That I started thinking I was watching a different vid! Now I think I'm finished here. As this seems to be turning into a meme, "let's all get on board and bash this game".

cossie29
27-05-2015, 00:07
People who bought the "game" have the right to complain about this underdeveloped bug filled nonsence of a "sim" HOWIE, i think a lot of you WMD members need to realise this!

cossie29
27-05-2015, 00:48
At the second corner after the so called "glued together" incident. The inside car is a little ahead of the outside car. This could cause a slight pit like effect on that cars turning. As someone alluded to, when they said, "his car wouldn't respond to the wheel". As for the whole innocent. As I have watched it quite a few times. In the first corner, the inside car softly slides into the side of the outside car, forcing him off the track. The guy on the outside then turns back toward the track. Which keeps his car pressed against the inside car. It takes the whole short straight to finally regain separate control. As seen in the second "right" turn. And it is when you called it a left turn. That I started thinking I was watching a different vid! Now I think I'm finished here. As this seems to be turning into a meme, "let's all get on board and bash this game".

well HOWIE if it deserves it, it will be " bashed" !!

Ofuscor
27-05-2015, 02:07
The physics when making contact are really strange. It feels like the game physics just negate your steering input instead of battling it out with the rest of the forces being applied to the car.

You canīt deny there is something strange with the physics here, even if the cars in this video were not glued. Itīs like the physics box is quite bigger than the size of the car. especially on the back and the front. It is really strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cac8nM019pE&feature=youtu.be

Th[/url]e same video from my other post but in super slowmo and from another angle. See how strange it looks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfIZiPxPzMM

Take off the fanboy sunglasses people.

Insatiant
27-05-2015, 02:19
I think pCARS is a great game, overall. I'd just like the developers to take a look at what's being reported, which it sounds like their doing. If it's really concluded the crash physics are proper and better than other titles, perhaps a "Post-Contact Separation" assist. :)

dustyjo
27-05-2015, 02:48
Maybe we can fix the rollover physics too? I've been having a problem with that for months. They make rollover crashes look incredibly strange. It's like the body of the car gets stuck to the road.

Flihp
27-05-2015, 04:12
Maybe we can fix the rollover physics too? I've been having a problem with that for months. They make rollover crashes look incredibly strange. It's like the body of the car gets stuck to the road.

That's not the glue effect, It's the Velcro effect, something totally different. ;)

JDFSSS
27-05-2015, 04:56
I think the problem of cars getting stuck together unnaturally is also quite clear when you hit someone's rear bumper square on with the front of your car in a turn. Instead of the car in front spinning out, which would happen almost every time in the real world, the cars often will get stuck together nose-to-tail and both will start going straight on. I don't have any videos of this, but I've noticed it a lot when playing the game.

gp20
27-05-2015, 05:03
It does not apply here. Collisions are for sure not perfectly inelastic in side by side collisions.
There are perfectly elastic collisions all other are inelastic at different degrees.

SIlMPLIClITY
27-05-2015, 05:24
I have not been in a car accident in real life so far. So I don't know if the physics are right or not. However I feel like it is weird, sort of like the original post said, like glue. If there is contact between two cars it is somewhat difficult to get off of that car even if they are side by side. Also today I had an incident in online where I was going into a slow turn and someone was rubbing my rear bumper. Normally you would expect to spin out or just be pushed a little. I'm trying to turn right however the car is just going straight. It is important to note that the other driver did not ram me or anything. It was a slow corner where there was some minute bumper to bumper action.

fostrike
27-05-2015, 09:05
Here we are, straight from Shift 2 from the car damage tread.
At 0.35 seconds you can cleary see the problem, in PCars is a little nerfed but still there...
Now please WMD members, found a plausible explanation :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=bU2eIlLNknM

gp20
27-05-2015, 09:32
What you see at 0.35 is your car influenced by the moon attraction. (futur WMD member)

bringmetheapex
27-05-2015, 10:51
Anyone who ever spent time with Shift 2 (xbox360) will know it happens in that too. I know because i STILL play Shift 2, a flawed gem, if you stick at it and set cars up properly and sort out the control settings, at its heart Shift 2 is one of the greatest driving games on XBOX 360, truly wonderful game...if you forgive the bugs etc....sound familar?

Also SHift 2 has weird sound bugs. Once the first delay happened with PCars i dug out Shift 2 and had a ruddy blast with it, but i can see that a lot of stuff that was wrong on Shift 2 has carried over to PCars....but both clearly with time and work and forgiveness of flaws are great great games....... honestly i don't use Shift 2 as a sneaky curse, Ian Bell and his team with know what i mean, Shift 2 is bloomin great game sadly alot of folks (cant really blame them) gave up on it..... Ian i'm sure is pretty proud of Shift 2 i STILL get pleasure from it as it does what PCars dosnt do, take a standard road car and make it a Works cars...still amazes me every time on Shift 2 that one....oh and the tracks on Shift 2... 1982 Hockenhiem!! yes please! And Alfa Romeos!!

Shift 2 a forgotten gem....but flawed and impossible to review untill you set up all cars properly and sort out settings........ there is still millions of people out there who think Shift 2s cars handle like boats..they dont! not after i set them up! lol.

vicdavery
27-05-2015, 11:01
I've not seen it mentioned so far, apologies if I missed it.
But there is a real phenomenon that can "stick" cars together.

When you turn the front wheels the car pivots to a certain extent around the back axle. This means that anything behind the rear axle must move in the opposite direction, i.e. your trying to turn right, car body behind the rear axle moves left. This can be observed in an exaggerated form with large vehicles such as buses.

Therefore if the car is alongside another car or a guard rail when you turn the front wheels the rear of the car will press against the obstacle and try to slide the rear tyres. The resistance to this causes the "sticking" that is witnessed.

I hope I've explained that clearly enough. :)

knight01
27-05-2015, 11:09
This "glue" bug was reported in another thread 2 weeks ago by a WMD member and I've also experienced it.
Post number 21:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23648-PS4-AI-Cars-Not-Affected-By-Changing-Weather-Conditions&p=909398&viewfull=1#post909398

bringmetheapex
27-05-2015, 12:05
I should also like to mention that as much as you can with time tune most cars in Shift 2 to a good degree, there were/are some cars in Shift 2 that were just broken, i do think this is also some of the case with PCars. In between the rabid fanboys and the rabid haters there's some important truths in both camps that the Devs need to sort..

dyr_gl
27-05-2015, 12:27
Now I think I'm finished here. As this seems to be turning into a meme, "let's all get on board and bash this game".

I donīt think you have finished here, I think you havenīt yet started... to talk about the issue. Youīre too busy talking random stuff about unrelated phenomenons and trying to dig the head in the sand about problems instead of pushing this product forward, which is the target of WMD.

When you are interested in that, come back.

wobbly
27-05-2015, 14:07
Lol, looks fine to me.

doneta
27-05-2015, 14:49
Does this "glue" bug also apply to cars when running off the track at places like Laguna Seca and Willow Springs? The brown dust/dirt is very sticky.

Ofuscor
27-05-2015, 14:53
Does this "glue" bug also apply to cars when running off the track at places like Laguna Seca and Willow Springs? The brown dust/dirt is very sticky.

No, in Laguna Seca what happens is that when a wheel touches the sand it slows down and makes the car steer in that direction because the different speeds the wheels are travelling.

bringmetheapex
27-05-2015, 14:57
It happened in Shift 2, its either a bug or its meant to be there and Ian Bell has said it needs to be toned down a bit maybe as its like 2 race cars getting bumpers stuck together.
The issue really is that the player car comes off worse than the AI car, but yes cars do 'stick' together sometimes in both Shift 2 and PCars so clearly its meant to happen as both titles do it.......

gp20
27-05-2015, 15:33
No, in Laguna Seca what happens is that when a wheel touches the sand it slows down and makes the car steer in that direction because the different speeds the wheels are travelling.
Not everywhere.

Ofuscor
27-05-2015, 17:12
Not everywhere.

Where then? I did many laps on Laguna Seca and I have never found something strange with the sand/gravel trap.

SIlMPLIClITY
27-05-2015, 21:40
What you see at 0.35 is your car influenced by the moon attraction. (futur WMD member)

10/10

dyr_gl
30-05-2015, 13:19
Iīll use this thread to avoid creating more on the same subject: collision physics SUCK at the moment, please, work on them! Footage from a Ford Escort race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLS7918YDo

Look at 2:20, cars flip from lateral contact. 3:20, cars go slow mo and floaty with crash. 6:05 and 6:35 are the same crash, look at the stupid reactions from the cars!

gp20
30-05-2015, 14:15
Where then? I did many laps on Laguna Seca and I have never found something strange with the sand/gravel trap.
Nothing wrong, i found the reason.

dyr_gl
30-05-2015, 18:58
Is there any known specific issue with the Escort? Because I had never experienced something as bad as the 6:35 part on that video. They trip over each other like open wheelers!

Bealdor
30-05-2015, 19:00
Is there any known specific issue with the Escort? Because I had never experienced something as bad as the 6:35 part on that video. They trip over each other like open wheelers!

Yes, that's a known issue (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22497-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28XB1%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-28-05). The collision shape is already updated and will be coming to you in a patch SMSoon™.

AngelBrow
30-05-2015, 19:12
This is a big thing in online races. Gt3 class, first corner leguna seca is a good example.
Im side by side with another i have the inside line, we are fine til halfway thru the corner. Then i touch him a little bit, i keep steering full to the left but we both go straight forward off the track. Its like i take him out on purpose.

Only why to get out of it I found is to slam the brakes, and steer towards the guy your stuck with. You'll probably loose the position and get smashed from behind ending up going of the track aswell. So its a lose-lose situation.

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 22:00
Would something like cars sticking together be in all the platforms's Collective issues thread, because I couldn't find it on the PS4 one.

GT_Racing
12-06-2015, 03:51
Here is my question for the PC people. Has this been fixed with 1.4?

Umer Ahmad
12-06-2015, 04:05
I don't think so, I did not see anything about it in the patch notes even.

jason
12-06-2015, 04:12
They do stick together a little more then they should .

RonDv
12-06-2015, 05:08
This clip-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MKk9r-li3A shows amazing soft-body/crash/collision physics. I know it's too much for a racing sim like pCARS but it we could have a little bit of this, it would be awesome. :love-struck:

Here's a newer one-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQuJiZ1jmYo This one looks more refined and realistic.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 05:20
This discussion isn't really about in detail damage or crash physics. This is more just about cars sticking together when they touch each other.

321Respawn
12-06-2015, 05:35

As you can see in this video it is clearly the fault of the two A.I cars cutting across the front of the player .

RonDv
12-06-2015, 05:39
No, not asking for damage details. Those 2 clips show how proper collision/crash physics should work. In my opinion, cars are sticking together in pCARS because of faulty collision physics.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 05:50
No, not asking for damage details. Those 2 clips shows how proper collision/crash physics should work. In my opinion, cars are sticking together in pCARS because of faulty collision physics.

Ok cool that makes sense. We are on the same page.:yes:

BCFCBristolRed
12-06-2015, 06:16
I only experienced this in the rolling starts in my Audi LMP1 car. If I qualified outside of the top 10, trying to get through the field if I get a good start is like Russian roulette. Cars all over the track and when you rear end one, it's like the cars have fallen in love and can't let each other go.

deedub777
19-06-2015, 08:09
Difficult to explain with no video but will give it a try. (I searched and didn't find similar)

Here's what happens...

Multiplayer online race
Cars enter a right hand corner side-by-side
Cars touch
Inside player steers right some more (and/or brakes)
Outside player steers left (a little - he still needs to make the corner)

Both cars disappear into the gravel on the outside of the corner like both are steering left.

I'll try and grab a video next time this happens and post it.

Anyone else experienced this? Already known issue Mods?

Thanks

Bealdor
19-06-2015, 08:15
Merged with main "cars glued together" thread.

Info here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=944827&viewfull=1#post944827

D4rkst3EL
19-06-2015, 11:34
I think the problem of cars getting stuck together unnaturally is also quite clear when you hit someone's rear bumper square on with the front of your car in a turn. Instead of the car in front spinning out, which would happen almost every time in the real world, the cars often will get stuck together nose-to-tail and both will start going straight on. I don't have any videos of this, but I've noticed it a lot when playing the game.

This describes my experience pretty well. If I hit/touch someone from the back it's like the other car has it's own gravity pull and I cannot turn or do anything while we touch.

CrustyA
30-06-2015, 04:21
I think have a good example of this effect in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjIDVmncWuY

I was turning right at the hairpin at Sonoma while the Ginetta turned in on me from the outside and made contact.
It looks like initially it bumped me into a tighter right hand turn but then it did seem to stick a bit and pulled me straighter for a moment or two and similar to an earlier video in this thread, I wasn't able to get the car turning hard right again until there were several feet between the two cars. You can see the sudden jerk to the right as they seem to become "unglued" around 0:22.

There's no question in this case as far as intentions, I was definitely trying to turn hard right throughout the entire corner, its a hairpin afterall;)

ONT
30-06-2015, 04:29
There was this bug for a long time during development and same glue to armaco, did that never get fixed ?

Bealdor
30-06-2015, 06:00
There was this bug for a long time during development and same glue to armaco, did that never get fixed ?

It's not fixed because it's not a bug per se:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=944827&viewfull=1#post944827

flymar
30-06-2015, 07:23

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=944827&viewfull=1#post944827

Well I do really hope so that is the case... The truth is now, with "chicken" AI and grass that slows you there are not that many time you can see it. But when you can it's weird. I kinda understand stick and slide maneuver but "You touch my butt and I can't turn" feels really weird. And it's perfect to get the AI go straight in the turn, which feels like cheating.

Stag
30-06-2015, 08:28

Laguna is ruined by this Just touch the sand and it's impossible to get on track.
Also I get glued as well slight side contact and you are magnetised onto each other.
Can't understand how some were saying the op has it wrong.

Redslayer
30-06-2015, 18:25
Laguna is ruined by this Just touch the sand and it's impossible to get on track.
Also I get glued as well slight side contact and you are magnetised onto each other.
Can't understand how some were saying the op has it wrong.

Agreed, I actually posted a vid last night about this, showing both the fact that the dirt on the side of the track doesn't have this effect in real life, and that nose-tail contact doesn't make both cars go straight on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNtbaMadX4

I could also gather 100s of NASCAR videos of the "Bump and run" to prove that nose-tail contact doesn't make both cars go straight lol.

But here is just one compilation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXiT-_L-1QA

Pretty much every single one of those would have ended with both cars planted firmly in the outside wall in Pcars. Or at the very least, both cars going way wide. Hopefully it's tweaked, esp with ovals coming eventually.

Forcedchaos
30-06-2015, 20:35
This is most definitely an issue. When Oval tracks start coming and you're running in big close packs believe me this will be a real problem if not fixed. I can see it now.

dantheo
01-07-2015, 18:21
This definitely feels improved in patch 2.0. Ran a 20 lap race with a buddy & a bunch of AI at Laguna, mixed field. Collisions felt much more natural, on top of the AI behaving much better in close proximity. Still slight evidence of magnetic attraction at times, but massively reduced! We had a fantastic race! I really feel the AI are getting there now.

FAster
01-07-2015, 18:27

But on this one track is not straight, oval left angled, some physics I cant know.

azidahaka
08-09-2015, 10:29
Sorry if it has been already brought up, but has this bug/issue been acknowledged already?

For those unaware of it, in online mode with other drivers, a slight paint tradeoff or paint rubbing, like those that often happen in touring cars races makes both players cars stick together and it' very hard to get them free again.

It's one of those bug that really bothers me and ruins many multiplayer sessions.

(apologize in case this as been already acknowleged and set in the bug to be crushed list!)

QPRLad
08-09-2015, 12:31
I think I know what your'e referring to, but I always thought its because the other player is using you to brake and steering into you. I have noticed this a few times where I enter the corner at a good speed, get taken out but cannot brake or steer away from the other car, never really thought about it being a "Magnet Bug".

azidahaka
08-09-2015, 12:41
I think I know what your'e referring to, but I always thought its because the other player is using you to brake and steering into you. I have noticed this a few times where I enter the corner at a good speed, get taken out but cannot brake or steer away from the other car, never really thought about it being a "Magnet Bug".

On online racing series it's considered a wel known bug, i was wondering if it is on Ian's secret lists or under the radar for a fix

Silraed
08-09-2015, 12:44
I remember it being brought up back at the release. I seem to recall it being labelled as "not quite a bug" and nothing has really changed as far as I know.

azidahaka
08-09-2015, 13:06
I remember it being brought up back at the release. I seem to recall it being labelled as "not quite a bug" and nothing has really changed as far as I know.

It's a very big bug IMHO, for instead of scraping cars stick together... It happens only with human opponents online too. I wouldn't call it "not quite a bug" :D

Silraed
08-09-2015, 15:53
Oh I agree it is an issue. It still happens with player to AI contact occasionally but I like to think it isn't as common as it was at release where the slightest of contact in turn 1 made half the grid spear off the track glued together and unable to turn.
I can't personally speak for online because living in fairly rural Australia my net is bellow the standard for online play and I would rather not ruin other players races because of my bad net but, I have seen the issue talked about every now and then.

thegt500
08-09-2015, 17:04
Yeah, I've experienced this many times both offline and online. It's very difficult to get the cars apart, usually braking to almost a stop and / or steering hard away from the car you're in contact with will usually separate them.
This is far from ideal as you waste time by slowing down, or having to take to the grass / gravel to make a turn. It's even worse if you are driving the Ford Escort RS1600, or the '66 Mustang fastback as both of these ride up the other car causing it to flip and roll in a very unnatural manner. It usually ends up with either Ford on it's side or roof with the body panels being wrecked or lost.
I have christened this the 'coco the clown bug' due to the car falling to pieces at even slow (15~20mph) speeds. Faster speeds cause some pretty spectacular crashes which whilst looking fun, are now seriously getting on my nerves !!

DECATUR PLAYA
08-09-2015, 18:40
It's a very big bug IMHO, for instead of scraping cars stick together... It happens only with human opponents online too. I wouldn't call it "not quite a bug" :D

There was a thread on this about a month ago. The guy complaining about posted a video. If I'm not mistaken a moderator told him that these were realistic physics for his particular case. It's all about the type of hit and weight transfer. Once the second car transfers it's weight to the first car they essentially become one car this is what causes the stick in the case of a mid turn quarter panel hit. When it happens in a straightaway it is typically caused by a quarter panel tap. In this case the front wheel of the second car makes contact with the rear wheel area of the first car causing the car to turn in to the second car. Once this happens the first car lose grip and the second can not stop or seperate fast enough causing both cars to stick. You will notice in most case if the cars hit door panel to door panel they normally don't stick. The stick is normally made worse by both guys accelerating to break lose from contact.

azidahaka
08-09-2015, 18:48
There was a thread on this about a month ago. The guy complaining about posted a video. If I'm not mistaken a moderator told him that these were realistic physics for his particular case. It's all about the type of hit and weight transfer. Once the second car transfers it's weight to the first car they essentially become one car this is what causes the stick in the case of a mid turn quarter panel hit. When it happens in a straightaway it is typically caused by a quarter panel tap. In this case the front wheel of the second car makes contact with the rear wheel area of the first car causing the car to turn in to the second car. Once this happens the first car lose grip and the second can not stop or seperate fast enough causing both cars to stick. You will notice in most case if the cars hit door panel to door panel they normally don't stick. The stick is normally made worse by both guys accelerating to break lose from contact.

No way this is realistic or intended. If you experience it you'll understand, really! The effect you mean is an almost istant effect while the glueing sticks the car together for even 20 seconds...

CrustyA
08-09-2015, 19:13
Yeah I personally think something is off and posted a clip in the other thread. Ian mentioned somewhere that the bumper entanglement thingie may need a tweak.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars

DECATUR PLAYA
08-09-2015, 19:19
No way this is realistic or intended. If you experience it you'll understand, really! The effect you mean is an almost istant effect while the glueing sticks the car together for even 20 seconds...

Yeah 20 secs is crazy but I have experienced it many times. Me and a buddy were stuck together for maybe10 secs i have video of it. We were both trying to accelerate from the contact which actually kept us stuck together.

ONT
08-09-2015, 19:30
This bug will be really cool when the NASCAR/OVAL DLC hits the market lol.

Side by side racing taken to the next level :)

stangnutlx
08-09-2015, 19:31
same thing happens under braking into a turn. hit a guy in the ass and you stick together and speed up. should've been fixed before game release or in a patch by now

ermo
08-09-2015, 19:48
So, I don't have access to all the details, but the developers are aware of this issue and (as I understand it) there is simply no easy fix for this given the way collision detection & handling is set up in pCARS 1.

There has been some talk of looking into a different collision detection solution in the context of pCARS 2, but since pCARS 2 is still in the very, very, very early exploration and ground work phase, I don't believe Steve D. and the other physics guys have begun to explore this area to any significant extent. If they have, I am certainly not aware of it.

So it looks as if no immediate fix is on the table, sorry. :chargrined:

DECATUR PLAYA
08-09-2015, 20:12
So, I don't have access to all the details, but the developers are aware of this issue and (as I understand it) there is simply no easy fix for this given the way collision detection & handling is set up in pCARS 1.

There has been some talk of looking into a different collision detection solution in the context of pCARS 2, but since pCARS 2 is still in the very, very, very early exploration and ground work phase, I don't believe Steve D. and the other physics guys have begun to explore area this to any significant extent. If they have, I am certainly not aware of it.

Simple fix: Don't hit the guy in front of you. Had to be a smart a** sorry couldn't help it.

azidahaka
09-09-2015, 06:51

There has been some talk of looking into a different collision detection solution in the context of pCARS 2, but since pCARS 2 is still in the very, very, very early exploration and ground work phase, I don't believe Steve D. and the other physics guys have begun to explore area this to any significant extent. If they have, I am certainly not aware of it.

This is really bad :/ It's one of my biggest gripe and kill most real close battles/racing

Simple fix: Don't hit the guy in front of you. Had to be a smart a** sorry couldn't help it.

We are not talking about hitting a guy but light bodywork scrapes that you see everyday in racing...

Cheesenium
09-09-2015, 07:48
This is really bad :/ It's one of my biggest gripe and kill most real close battles/racing

As much as I like this to be fixed as that will make touring and oval racing a more pleasant experience, it is a difficult one to fix.

It was already improved from Shift 2's even worse collision but yea, it still needs improvements.

azidahaka
09-09-2015, 09:10
As much as I like this to be fixed as that will make touring and oval racing a more pleasant experience, it is a difficult one to fix.

It was already improved from Shift 2's even worse collision but yea, it still needs improvements.

Never played shift 2, but it must have been hilarious if it was worse than this :D

What puzzles me is that offline is ok and it happens only with other humans cars.

Schnizz58
09-09-2015, 13:40
Never played shift 2, but it must have been hilarious if it was worse than this :D

What puzzles me is that offline is ok and it happens only with other humans cars.
Because the AI cars don't use the same physics model.

AB_Attack
09-09-2015, 14:58
Let's call it The Magnet Bug from now on and everybody will know what we are talking about.

Pink_650S
09-09-2015, 15:16
This 'bug' definitely needs to go.
It discourages people from overtaking, since every slight contact glues cars together and forces both drivers wide -.-
Its really bad, annoying and far from realistic or authentic.

Please make this a priority to fix. :(

CrustyA
09-09-2015, 17:14

I mostly play offline and it's definitely just as much of an issue there too.

DECATUR PLAYA
09-09-2015, 18:59

We are not talking about hitting a guy but light bodywork scrapes that you see everyday in racing...

Just having some fun with the simple fix thing. I don't get this "bug" with light racing scrapes I get this "bug" with harder hits. Hits that knock me loose or hits where i knock a guy loose. I know the type of hit that cause it so my reaction time to it may be different from yours as I try to avoid these hits.

konnos
09-09-2015, 22:51
Yes in offline it's the same. And not just with AI, if you hit the road barriers it's very difficult to change direction away from them, you slide across their surface and your opposite input will not be enough to pull you off. It can be easily reproduced in California where the barriers (or any other solid barrier-like body) are close to the edge of the road and if you run wide you will hit them.

CrustyA
12-09-2015, 15:40
Lets just look past my poor racecraft for a moment.
Offline AI Race at 80%. The AI car seems to pull me along like a train off track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v7mZyDrzR0

ONT
12-09-2015, 16:40

This is clearly a BUG in the physics part of the game :cool:

It is also a BUG that was frequently pointed out during development :eagerness:

I do race in RL and there is no similar side by side magnetic/GLUE effect present in GT type racing,

there is a vacuum effect bump-drafting at speeds over 160 mph and sometimes a disruption in AERO passing at such speeds.

But that's not the problem/BUG we are referring to, its the magnetic/GLUE to a car side by side at 50 mph on a stright, there is no such thing in RL racing.

Glockshna
13-09-2015, 00:09
To be honest, it looks like you just turned in on the inside car. This is what happens when you turn in on the driver to your inside. Try paying more attention to the mirrors or checking your sides before you change your line.

DECATUR PLAYA
13-09-2015, 05:04
Offline AI Race at 80%. The AI car seems to pull me along like a train off track:

Ok now that's just crazy. I don't race offline I have never seen that online maybe a AI thing. We got something different going on online. Online I have seen some weird hits and reactions I always chalk it up to lag. I have never seen this.

madmax2069
13-09-2015, 05:29
Ok now that's just crazy. I don't race offline I have never seen that online maybe a AI thing. We got something different going on online. Online I have seen some weird hits and reactions I always chalk it up to lag. I have never seen this.

It happens online as well, you touch another car in the slightest way especially during a turn and you both are going to go wide and maybe even right off the road.

artao
18-09-2015, 23:19

I've only had this game a week now ... JUST read thru this entire thread. This is THE CLEAREST example of this bug in the entire thread.
I've been experiencing this exact same behavior in career mode in the kart races.
PLEASE fix this in pCars ... please don't wait until pCars 2 .. c'mon SMS.

Pamellaaa
18-09-2015, 23:34
I've only had this game a week now ... JUST read thru this entire thread. This is THE CLEAREST example of this bug in the entire thread.
I've been experiencing this exact same behavior in career mode in the kart races.
PLEASE fix this in pCars ... please don't wait until pCars 2 .. c'mon SMS.

I haven't read through the whole thread, and this is the first time I have seen that video but that doesn't look to me like anything other than what might happen in real life, if that is the clearest indication that a bug exists then I am far from convinced that one does.

madmax2069
19-09-2015, 00:33
I haven't read through the whole thread, and this is the first time I have seen that video but that doesn't look to me like anything other than what might happen in real life, if that is the clearest indication that a bug exists then I am far from convinced that one does.

Bumpers don't stick together like glue and pull the car behind you off the track, it doesn't work that way (especially when the bumbers are the same height). Granted there's going to be some resistance there between the two cars, but not enough to cause the car behind you to be forced to follow you off the track, the guy behind you can try as hard as he can to stop and to turn away but you're glued to his car and he is coming with you if he wants to or not.

lacslyer
19-09-2015, 05:40

You can't be serious. The car in front obviously drags the car behind it off the track going hard left. I don't know how you think that's how real physics work but it's far from it. To do that in real life you'd literally have to fuse the cars together.

Zeke Bewlay
19-09-2015, 06:11
Gotta say I'm not convinced by this video either. Without knowing all the details of what the cars are doing in absolute physical and mathematical detail it is difficult know if the behaviour of the cars is just a coincidence or something else more sinister. For example, the trajectory of both cars may have been coincidentally the same after impact and the rear car may have locked up and did not slow down pushing the front car rather than the front car pulling the rear. The front car may have thought he was braking and turning but if the fronts were locked then he could have just continued on feeling glued. Lots of complex physics happening in such an impact.
I will say that sometimes I too feel glued to cars but never really convinced its not what would happen IRL! Fortunately I have not hit enough other cars on track to find out!

You can't be serious. The car in front obviously drags the car behind it off the track going hard left. I don't know how you think that's how real physics work but it's far from it. To do that in real life you'd literally have to fuse the cars together.

thegt500
19-09-2015, 08:07
I haven't read through the whole thread, and this is the first time I have seen that video but that doesn't look to me like anything other than what might happen in real life

Seriously !!!! I have experienced many scrapes, knocks and crashes IRL when racing banger racing (Demolition Derby for our American cousins), and rarely does a low / medium speed glancing blow cause the cars to 'glue' together like they do in pCARS.
If the hit is hard enough to buckle the bodywork on both cars, then there is a possibility of lead or trailing car to effect either one's steering or braking inputs, but this is very rare and doesn't involve either car dragging the other off as steering away from the other car breaks the contact straight away.
Rubbing side by side or oblique side impacts cause one or both cars to initially move away from each other (same as a rear end smack), and then unless the car impacting car steers back into the car they hit on purpose, usually that's it, they break contact and carry on.

Kroegtijgertje
19-09-2015, 08:29
Maybe this bug is caused by the slipstream effect. That may be the reason why they're having a hard time fixing the bug.

donpost
19-09-2015, 08:45
There are two types of people; those who believe in the magnetic car bug, and those who haven't had it happen to them yet.

artao
19-09-2015, 11:15

Oh c'mon man!! The car in front CLEARLY magnetically pulls the other car off the track. Physics be damned :\
There's NO WAY that sort of thing would or could happen IRL. That front car just sucks the other car in for no physical reason.

rimajo
19-09-2015, 17:05
it simply happens that your attempt within directing right can be overpowered through the bumping directing you eventually left.http://wigunpics.science/17/g.png

F2kSel
19-09-2015, 17:11
When it happens there is little you can do turning the wheel and braking seem to have no effect for a few seconds in this game.

It will become obvious in Ovals when we get them.

A couple of guys need to test it out at Lemans on the straights and see what happens.

rocafella1978
19-09-2015, 17:18
magnetic cars :yes: been like that since release!

Sergi01978
19-09-2015, 17:19
There are two types of people; those who believe in the magnetic car bug, and those who haven't had it happen to them yet.

I'm a believer!

Had this happen quite a few times. Spent 45 mins Practice & qualifying last night online.
Race starts and a guy hits me. We both stick together and by the time I can separate and return to track the others are half a lap in front.

Flat_out
19-09-2015, 17:36
Yip.And it usually ends with both cars in the gravel!!

F2kSel
19-09-2015, 18:39
Was it this game or another were we also has sticky walls at one time?

ONT
19-09-2015, 21:56

Sticky walls, sticky SAFER barriers, sticky cars....was all in the development at some point, most sticky/glue/magnet syndrome got sorted out.

But obviously there is some funk still in there to work on.

Could be that the BUG is really hard to reproduce, just read something abut a car setting bug that got progressive worse until you scrape a wall, related to this ?????
( http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39365-bmw-320-gr-5 )

Best thing to do is reporting EXACTLY the condition when glue/sticky/magnet occur.

Hopefully we can stomp out this bug :)

stangnutlx
19-09-2015, 22:53
pretty much happens anytime two cars touch. turn 1 at Monza is exceptionally horrible. the AI is horrible there too. as soon as you touch you cant get away from people. Ovals will be pointless and disappointing if this isn't fixed.

Sticky walls, sticky SAFER barriers, sticky cars....was all in the development at some point, most sticky/glue/magnet syndrome got sorted out.

But obviously there is some funk still in there to sort out.

Could be that the BUG is really hard to reproduce, just read something abut a car setting bug that got progressive worse until you scrape a wall, related to this ?????

Best thing to do is reporting EXACTLY the condition when glue/sticky/magnet occur.

Hopefully we can stomp out this bug :)

rocafella1978
19-09-2015, 23:45
pretty much happens anytime two cars touch. turn 1 at Monza is exceptionally horrible. the AI is horrible there too. as soon as you touch you cant get away from people. Ovals will be pointless and disappointing if this isn't fixed.
japp, good luck in ovals with magnetic effects in place :)

ONT
19-09-2015, 23:50
japp, good luck in ovals with magnetic effects in place :)

I'm sure this will be sorted out before anyone think of releasing any OVAL content, for road racing who cares lol.....JK :cool:

Don't blame me "I voted for NO magnetic content".

artao
23-09-2015, 19:45
For the love of monkeys!! This magnet/glue thing seriously needs to be sorted out.
Playing career today, I had to restart the session (karts) at least 10 times. Not always due to the magnet/glue thing, but a lot. Because I was restarting the session, I could not save the replay to share the video.
And one really must have "restarts allowed" turned on, simply due to the behavior of the AI at times. Like when they run you off track ridiculously .. and, of course, because of the magnet/glue effect.
It is so freakin annoying!!
Why as this not been fixed yet? Of all the annoying things in the game (and let me point out here that I certainly am QUITE enjoying this game, in general) the magnet/glue bug is right up at the top of the list IMHO.
Ian Bell already stated in this very thread that he's aware of the issue, so why have they done nothing about it yet? :mad:

wraithsrike
23-09-2015, 20:30

Shift 2 was terrible for this.

Androphonomania
30-09-2015, 19:52
So is a fix planned? Annoying Bug, racing with contact is not possible.

Destroyed several races. Still no information? It is so obvious. No steering or braking input is registered. Pyhsics are shut down until hitting sth. or stopping.

chig88
05-10-2015, 09:40
I'm fearful even attempting an overtake now with this bug in particular. It's taking all the fun out of actually racing.

I'm also fairly confident it's been getting worse in recent patches. I hadn't noticed it at all on release until someone in the league I raced in mentioned it. Now it's just constant, especially when racing in the slower cars where a little body contact is usual in most overtakes. Raced last night around Snetterton 200 and had this bug at least 3 times, to the point where I pretty much decided to hope others made mistakes to allow me to pass instead of overtaking.

Said it so many times before - practice sessions lapping alone for hours on end this game is the most enjoyable I've played in a long, long time. Anything more than one car on the track? Forget it.

artao
05-10-2015, 11:24
I'm also fairly confident it's been getting worse in recent patches. I hadn't noticed it at all on release until someone in the league I raced in mentioned it. Now it's just constant, especially when racing in the slower cars where a little body contact is usual in most overtakes.

I suspect that now that you know about it, you're just noticing it more ;)

copes24
05-10-2015, 11:25
There's no point having touring cars if we can't have door to door contact.

bnic11
30-11-2015, 09:38
I'm running GBRC's third race series and finding this 'glue on cars' or 'sticky cars' affect is becoming a bit of a problem & not that realistic at all. While we pride ourselves with being one of the cleanest racing clubs and avoid contact as much as possible, we are finding that when cars are side by side, any slight contact results in both cars going off track with no control over the steering. Sometimes, contact is not felt at all, and yet both cars still stick together & swerve off track taking several cars off at one time. This has happened in both our Clio Cup Series & now our GT86 Series.

I can understand this happening with open wheel cars but seems a bit overdone with Touring & Road cars.

bnic11 (GBRC at GTArena)

MAARTEN
16-12-2015, 17:57
The magnetic/glue-thingy happend to me yesterday in a online race. I had just overtaken my opponent (i'm in the EVO) and at the same time when we both were turning left our cars accidentally bumped into each other and in that moment i was turning my wheel to the left as much as i could. But my car and his got attached and we were both going straight into the terrain and crashed.
It felt like my car were forced to go the opposite way of what i was steering and that i was trying to ram him as much as i could by turning my car to the the right and he turned his wheel to the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WUags0cq0k&feature=youtu.be

Pamellaaa
16-12-2015, 18:45
The magnetic/glue-thingy happend to me yesterday in a online race. I had just overtaken my opponent (i'm in the EVO) and at the same time when we both were turning left our cars accidentally bumped into each other and in that moment i was turning my wheel to the left as much as i could. But my car and his got attached and we were both going straight into the terrain and crashed.
It felt like my car were forced to go the opposite way of what i was steering and that i was trying to ram him as much as i could by turning my car to the the right and he turned his wheel to the left.

That just looks like a classic pit maneuver to me, there is virtually nothing the lead car can do about it in a situation like that and if the rear car doesn't lift/brake then you go straight to the wall like you did, personally I think that video looks fairly realistic.

Roger Prynne
16-12-2015, 18:56
Yeah that can happen IRL as well because the blue car was pushing on the rear quarter of the red car.

KkDrummer
16-12-2015, 20:22
This glue effect is indeed present in the game. You have to slow down (brake!) in order to let the other car go.....I never have a problem with this, but I can see an issue with Indy cars as they always race pretty closely, they are super fast and slipstream is part of the strategy in oval racing...

Doge
17-12-2015, 00:12

Yep, pit maneuvre. The game handles this sort of contact sort of OKish. If anything, you should have spun completely across his hood earlier instead of remaining together with your car at a constant angle like that.

Where the game really sucks is in square on, door to door contact. Both cars lose steering and you just keep going straight for no good reason.

LVracerGT
17-12-2015, 15:16
Has anyone else noticed a change in the way car contact feels? I've only had a few bumps with the AI so far, but it seems like I'm not getting sucked to the other car like before. Not sure if it's actually changed or placebo.

Pink_650S
17-12-2015, 15:30
Has anyone else noticed a change in the way car contact feels? I've only had a few bumps with the AI so far, but it seems like I'm not getting sucked to the other car like before. Not sure if it's actually changed or placebo.

It must be placebo because this issue has never been in patch notes.

Doge
17-12-2015, 21:49

No. Been involved in a glue-incident yesterday night, no changes I think.

F2kSel
17-12-2015, 21:49
I was watching and old BTCC race when Mansel was driving in the rain from the back of the pack and there were many contacts just like the above video and not once did the cars spear off like that.

Pamellaaa
17-12-2015, 21:53
I was watching and old BTCC race when Mansel was driving in the rain from the back of the pack and there were many contacts just like the above video and not once did the cars spear off like that.

Did the car at the rear back off or brake in each encounter though? because sim racers don't tend to do that like real life drivers do.

F2kSel
17-12-2015, 23:25
Looking at that race no one was backing off quite the opposite, I know when it's happened to me in this game I backed off but it makes little difference.

I'm sure there is statement somewhere from one of the devs who has acknowledged the issue, something to do with how fast the collision checks are done allows one vehicle collision box to enter the other box and then they get stuck together.

DECATUR PLAYA
18-12-2015, 08:24

I do agree that the physics of the cars touching in P cars can be a little crazy but when I watch racing for the most part race cars don't normally do well when they touch at high speeds. In the case of Mansel your talking about a great driver doing it. It's not a lot of average drivers that save cars after contact. I do understand the glue hits that you guys refer to but because I understand them I usually don't have problem with them and I have rubbed fenders with a lot of good drivers online who also know how to deal with these hits pretty well also.

Some of the problem is the physics but a great deal of the problem can be the two drivers that are involved.

With A.I. it's just no way of knowing what the computer car was doing with his throttle or brakes or steering.

AlexVangeen
16-02-2016, 14:32
This is still a huge issue on PS4. I race regularly with upto 16 friends online. We are all very experienced and use wheels. But it always seems that the slightest contact front to rear or side on side, no matter the speed (high or low) there is no getting away with it! It doesn't feel like you are glued it feels like you are being dragged away. I'll try to get one of my pals to post some footage.
I can categorically say it is incorrect and needs to be sorted as it makes racing wheel to wheel almost impossible. And it's even worse on open wheel.
The game is always Improving and I love it. Solving this issue will make the game perfect

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 14:38
This will not be fixed in pcars1, I'm pretty sure of it. You guys are going to have to "give room" to each other and pass more carefully. Yes, that's all I can recommend and that's how i race.

(If you're good/quick you can unlock yourselves, get off throttle and steer away from opponent. Sometimes this works, not always)

It has been a problem in pcars1 since the beginning 2011. If it hasn't been "fixed" in 5 years what do you think?

AlexVangeen
16-02-2016, 14:45
is this your opinion or are you linked with PCars dev team and know this for a fact?

If it's fact saying it won't be fixed is ridiculous! I have been playing racing games all my gaming life and has never been an issue in any game I have ever played. If F1 on the PS1 didn't have the issue surely this can be fixed

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 14:58
I am closer to the DEV team than you, much closer. I know for a fact they will not make adjustments of the kind you are requesting, already they have denied even smaller requests. Do not expect a change for this behavior for this game.

MrBlacky
16-02-2016, 15:25
It has been a problem in pcars1 since the beginning 2011. If it hasn't been "fixed" in 5 years what do you think?

Yeah. That quote applies to the whole game.

AlexVangeen
16-02-2016, 15:27
Wow nice to know a moderator of the forum is so polite. Thanks for answering my question as rudely as possible.

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 15:32
was not trying to be rude, it is just information you requested. Maybe I can use "kinder" words next time, sorry if I offended you but I hope the situation is clear: this glue will not be removed.

kevin kirk
16-02-2016, 16:07
probally asking for trouble but I don't really get the glue to cars when making contact with them side to side. If anything It seems to pitch the direction of the car away from them making me go wayyy off the track like I countersteered way to far.

Salty Dog
16-02-2016, 16:58
This happens all the time, especially coming up the cutting at bathurst, you get magnetised to the car inside then sucked into the wall, its like your magnetised and stuck to the car, its a very real bug and its been happening as long as ive been using the game, its one of the only bugs ive found, its no deal breaker or anything, just hope they fix it soon.

Salty Dog
16-02-2016, 17:03
This will not be fixed in pcars1, I'm pretty sure of it. You guys are going to have to "give room" to each other and pass more carefully. Yes, that's all I can recommend and that's how i race.

(If you're good/quick you can unlock yourselves, get off throttle and steer away from opponent. Sometimes this works, not always)

If its been a problem since 2011 why do you think it hasnt been fixed Umer?, surely if you are close to the dev team they would have let you know as you would have personally told them of the issue and discussed it with them seeings youve been aware of it, what did they say mate?
cheers

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 17:27
I dont remember the reason, it's buried in some thread back in wmd forum. I'm guessing it is some technical problem that is difficult to adjust or can easily be over-corrected (cars bouncing off each other violently also not good).

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
16-02-2016, 19:26
I seem to recall something PhysX related and it being one of the things to prevent the collisions from blowing up (like many sims do). Honestly though I think I'd rather have them blow up than stick together.

Salty Dog
17-02-2016, 03:29
I dont remember the reason, it's buried in some thread back in wmd forum. I'm guessing it is some technical problem that is difficult to adjust or can easily be over-corrected (cars bouncing off each other violently also not good).

Thanks mate, maybe if you get a chance you could pass the latest feedback onto the devs again, cheers

CrustyA
24-02-2016, 03:22
I know its essentially a moot point now, but I had this one today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwRn4Ry0k-c

kevin kirk
24-02-2016, 03:54
The sticking to another car or being pulled towards another car happins only when the steering assist is turned on. Turning off the steering assist makes it stop happening. When the steering assists is turned on, not only does it pull you toward a car that's around you. It also trys to pull you back on the track when you try to pit.

Silraed
24-02-2016, 04:32
The sticking to another car or being pulled towards another car happins only when the steering assist is turned on. Turning off the steering assist makes it stop happening.

This is not true. Not for the sticking to other cars at least.

kevin kirk
24-02-2016, 04:47
This is not true. Not for the sticking to other cars at least......When I first started playing the game I noticed that.I just spent a hour testing this to make sure it still does it. I used many different cars on many different tracks. I'm telling you on xbox one using a controllor with steering assist on it pulls you into the car when its next to you. In fact the pull is so strong you cant help but hit the other car. Even pitting is hard because its pulling so hard trying to bring you back on the track.Turn the steering assist off and it doesn't happin.

Silraed
24-02-2016, 05:09
That may well be a different issue than the cars sticking together after contact. I'm not saying what you are saying isn't true, just that it might not be the same issue. I worded the first post badly for what I meant to say.

I can tell you for a fact that with no steering assist enabled, using a wheel, the cars still stick after contact in an unnatural way.

CrustyA
24-02-2016, 05:13
I can tell you for a fact that with no steering assist enabled, using a wheel, the cars still stick after contact in an unnatural way.

This has been my experience also. I've only ever use PC version with a wheel and no steering assist enabled and it still happens.
I'm not even sure I touched the Bentley in the video above, but must have got too close and it took us both off veering to the right.

kevin kirk
24-02-2016, 05:56
That may well be a different issue than the cars sticking together after contact. I'm not saying what you are saying isn't true, just that it might not be the same issue. I worded the first post badly for what I meant to say.

I can tell you for a fact that with no steering assist enabled, using a wheel, the cars still stick after contact in an unnatural way.........yea this happins before any contact. Its pretty dramatic to be honest. Its so bad that coming up to lap a car it pulls you right into the back of him. I'm not talking alittle bit. I'm talking jerky the controller stick as far as it can go to keep from running into the back of him. When you peel off the track when going to the pits, not only does it try to jerk you back onto the track, but if a wall is in between you and the track it trys to pull you through the wall back on the track. Its not a constant pull. It just does it for a second and then it stops

konnos
24-02-2016, 09:54
........yea this happins before any contact. Its pretty dramatic to be honest. Its so bad that coming up to lap a car it pulls you right into the back of him. I'm not talking alittle bit. I'm talking jerky the controller stick as far as it can go to keep from running into the back of him. When you peel off the track when going to the pits, not only does it try to jerk you back onto the track, but if a wall is in between you and the track it trys to pull you through the wall back on the track. Its not a constant pull. It just does it for a second and then it stops

Hm. I have never had this issue about getting pulled into another car. Did you try disabling steering assist and/or countersteer assist like another suggested?

kevin kirk
24-02-2016, 14:08
Hm. I have never had this issue about getting pulled into another car. Did you try disabling steering assist and/or countersteer assist like another suggested?.....yea I don't run with steering assist now. That was back when I first got the game I started with it on. Reading the thread I remembered it did it. Last night I went back to see if it still did it before opening my mouth and it did. I really get a noticeable glue to cars feeling these others guys gets.

bradleyland
24-02-2016, 14:38
This is one of those situations where sometimes it's a bug, and sometimes it's legitimate simulation. Before you read any further, keep in mind that I am NOT saying there is no bug here. Clearly there's a bug when your car goes flying in to the air after bumping in to another car. I just think it's often confusing, and once we have it in our minds that it's a bug, we tend to always blame the bug, not our questionable driving :)

When you're driving a car, the amount of grip generated by a tire in normal contact with the road is a marvel of modern materials engineering. Think about it for a second. You've got a 1500 kg car pulling more than 1G in a corner. That's 1500kg of lateral force held in place by four small patches of rubber in contact with the road. That's incredible!

The problem is that the grip required to hold all that mass in place drops off a cliff as soon as you exceed the tires friction coefficient. Tires generate tremendous grip up until the point you exceed that grip, then they generate hardly any grip at all. That's why many spins are unrecoverable, and that's why a seemingly small "bump" in to another car can seem to glue you to said car.

Think of it like this: You're headed in to a right-hander following another racer. They brake a little earlier than you were expecting and you make contact. In that moment, the impact causes a momentary spike in forces at your front tires, which were turned slightly at the time. This spike pushes the tires past their point of grip and they begin to slide. The same happens to the other guy's tires, and all of the sudden, you're both going straight, when you should be decelerating from 100+ MPH and turning right. Your reaction is to input more steering and more brake. The problem is, your tires are already sliding. You both slide off the tarmac in to the grass.

Now, again, I'm NOT saying this describes every case. Clearly there are times where the physics model just falls on its face. But there are plenty of times where I've slid off the tarmac seemingly glued to the car I bumped. I've watched enough GT races to see this same exact thing happen to actual race cars. The difference is that most of those drivers have the skill and presence of mind to very, very quickly straighten the wheel, get off the brake, then recover. They also have the benefit of feeling the G-forces of the car, which is a huge help in knowing the exact moment a car loses grip. We're forced to rely on FFB and visual queues, which can take extra milliseconds, and milliseconds are everything when it comes to slide recovery.

TRL Karthikeyan
24-02-2016, 15:28
was not trying to be rude, it is just information you requested. Maybe I can use "kinder" words next time, sorry if I offended you but I hope the situation is clear: this glue will not be removed.

will it be fixed or rebuilt for pcars2?. Of all the issues this game has had this was the worst one.

24-02-2016, 15:45
I forget if it was ever clarified whether this was due to PhysX handling collision physics or some other issue, but yeah, even though it's not even remotely as bad as it was at its worst these days, it can still have too big of an effect, and I'd hope that pCARS 2 won't suffer from it at all.

Two cars side by side can get somewhat stuck together though, it's kind of like if a car ends up with its side against a wall, turning the car pushes the rear overhang into the wall which works against getting the car actually turned. The same thing can and has happened between two cars contacting mid-corner in real life as well.

DECATUR PLAYA
24-02-2016, 20:32
This is one of those situations where sometimes it's a bug, and sometimes it's legitimate simulation. Before you read any further, keep in mind that I am NOT saying there is no bug here. Clearly there's a bug when your car goes flying in to the air after bumping in to another car. I just think it's often confusing, and once we have it in our minds that it's a bug, we tend to always blame the bug, not our questionable driving :)

When you're driving a car, the amount of grip generated by a tire in normal contact with the road is a marvel of modern materials engineering. Think about it for a second. You've got a 1500 kg car pulling more than 1G in a corner. That's 1500kg of lateral force held in place by four small patches of rubber in contact with the road. That's incredible!

The problem is that the grip required to hold all that mass in place drops off a cliff as soon as you exceed the tires friction coefficient. Tires generate tremendous grip up until the point you exceed that grip, then they generate hardly any grip at all. That's why many spins are unrecoverable, and that's why a seemingly small "bump" in to another car can seem to glue you to said car.

Think of it like this: You're headed in to a right-hander following another racer. They brake a little earlier than you were expecting and you make contact. In that moment, the impact causes a momentary spike in forces at your front tires, which were turned slightly at the time. This spike pushes the tires past their point of grip and they begin to slide. The same happens to the other guy's tires, and all of the sudden, you're both going straight, when you should be decelerating from 100+ MPH and turning right. Your reaction is to input more steering and more brake. The problem is, your tires are already sliding. You both slide off the tarmac in to the grass.

Now, again, I'm NOT saying this describes every case. Clearly there are times where the physics model just falls on its face. But there are plenty of times where I've slid off the tarmac seemingly glued to the car I bumped. I've watched enough GT races to see this same exact thing happen to actual race cars. The difference is that most of those drivers have the skill and presence of mind to very, very quickly straighten the wheel, get off the brake, then recover. They also have the benefit of feeling the G-forces of the car, which is a huge help in knowing the exact moment a car loses grip. We're forced to rely on FFB and visual queues, which can take extra milliseconds, and milliseconds are everything when it comes to slide recovery.

Very well said.

We know there is a small bug here but in all my encounters the bug comes into play a very small percentage of the time. Most of what happens is driver error by one or both drivers.

I don't see why SMS should invest time into fixing something that actually works pretty good.

kevin kirk
24-02-2016, 21:02
The only thing that I get close to being glued to a car is if I hit them in the back under braking,lose grip with my front wheels and just push them straight off the track not being able to stop (abs). I cant turn away but thats because I lost grip in my front tires.

bradleyland
24-02-2016, 21:20
The only thing that I get close to being glued to a car is if I hit them in the back under braking,lose grip with my front wheels and just push them straight off the track not being able to stop (abs). I cant turn away but thats because I lost grip in my front tires.

Glad someone chimed in to admit to this happening to them. Because it never happens to me...

Never...

I'd never, ever, ever, never bump the guy in front of me slightly just to unsettle his car, but unintentionally unsettle my own sending us in to the grass and oh dammit we were on the final two laps and now we both lost seven places all because I couldn't just be patient and wait for an opportunity now I'm a going to be branded a dirty racer why oh why.

Never.

Umer Ahmad
24-02-2016, 21:41
Very well said.

We know there is a small bug here but in all my encounters the bug comes into play a very small percentage of the time. Most of what happens is driver error by one or both drivers.

I don't see why SMS should invest time into fixing something that actually works pretty good.
On NASCAR oval racing (some touring car racing too) door-banging occurs frequently. The end of last weekend's Daytona 500 the 2nd place car purposefully banged sides with the lead car, enough to dent the lead car's right read quarter panel. Both cars did not spinoff into the wall/infield together however. The lead driver was thrown slightly off balance and had to quickly recover and he won the race.

If it's a little to over-sensitive right now, i wouldnt mind it being under-sensitive to increase playability.

edit: sorry it was the Xfinity 300 undercard race. Watch this ending fight between Lagano and Chase Elliot. Elliot's rear quarter panel got nicely dented

http://youtu.be/yW7jdRnX1hU

kevin kirk
25-02-2016, 00:00
Glad someone chimed in to admit to this happening to them. Because it never happens to me...

Never...

I'd never, ever, ever, never bump the guy in front of me slightly just to unsettle his car, but unintentionally unsettle my own sending us in to the grass and oh dammit we were on the final two laps and now we both lost seven places all because I couldn't just be patient and wait for an opportunity now I'm a going to be branded a dirty racer why oh why.

Never.....I just miss my braking points sometimes with the car in front filling my view. Just like a real car does when your standing on the brakes trying to turn, it just keeps going straight riding the car in front of you off the track from it stopping faster than you. Certianly that's not what all the fuss is about because that's what really happins in real life.

kevin kirk
25-02-2016, 00:27
On NASCAR oval racing (some touring car racing too) door-banging occurs frequently. The end of last weekend's Daytona 500 the 2nd place car purposefully banged sides with the lead car, enough to dent the lead car's right read quarter panel. Both cars did not spinoff into the wall/infield together however. The lead driver was thrown slightly off balance and had to quickly recover and he won the race.

If it's a little to over-sensitive right now, i wouldnt mind it being under-sensitive to increase playability.......

edit: sorry it was the Xfinity 300 undercard race. Watch this ending fight between Lagano and Chase Elliot. Elliot's rear quarter panel got nicely dented

http://youtu.be/yW7jdRnX1hU....They use so little steering angle at Daytona they are never going to do that. They could bang all the way down the back stretch like that and still not go spinning. The flip side to that coin is air changing around the car will kind of put them into a slid off the track. Its the reason why you hardly ever see them spin 180 degrees at Daytona when they do have trouble. They just kind of enter a slide and hit the inside wall with the front of the car.

Umer Ahmad
25-02-2016, 00:47
They got the flaps on top of the roof to stabilize things yes?

I say 50% if we replicate that kind of contact in project cars both cars get "glued" and sucked to the outside wall

CPU M Rossi
25-02-2016, 01:16

I say 50% if we replicate that kind of contact in project cars both cars get "glued" and sucked to the outside wall
the pop-up roof flaps? they are there to try and keep the cars from going air born

ONT
25-02-2016, 01:29

I really hope the code wizards will stomp out this BUG, it will indeed kill OVAL racing :)

25-02-2016, 07:58
....I just miss my braking points sometimes with the car in front filling my view.Not to mention the loss of downforce that you get from tailing someone.

bradleyland
25-02-2016, 14:24
....I just miss my braking points sometimes with the car in front filling my view. Just like a real car does when your standing on the brakes trying to turn, it just keeps going straight riding the car in front of you off the track from it stopping faster than you. Certianly that's not what all the fuss is about because that's what really happins in real life.

Me too, bro. Me too :)

Unfortunately, when that happens to some people, they'll blame the game.

kevin kirk
25-02-2016, 16:28
Well I make contact with him, I get slowed enough that I'm not just running into the back of him. Allthough it makes us both go off track. My personal opinion is I would rather have this behavior that ends with me being punished for my mistake by losing grip and going straight off track along with him.