PDA

View Full Version : 250cc Superkart

PTG Claret
25-05-2015, 21:55
Hi

Does anyone have a tune for this they're willing to share. I have it running pretty well, apart from no matter what I do, the rears - especially the rear left - massively overheat.

MULTIVITZ
26-05-2015, 02:31
All I did was take a small bit of air out.And put my speed sensitivity up to 60 odd. Hope this helps.

GRD 4 3L
26-05-2015, 16:20
I'm seeing same problem. After 5 lap race at Donington, all my tires were orange except the front right. Tried increasing the tire pressure to no noticeable effect.

Have not tried reducing the tire pressure; does that not work the tire even harder = hotter?

Was running 80% AI lapping at about 1:05; I was running 5~6 seconds per lap faster.

PTG Claret
26-05-2015, 17:32
I took air out and the tyre became hotter. Running at 107+. Maybe its just a characteristic of the car. I can drop the temps by driving a second a lap slower, which is no way near as much fun as full speed.

GRD 4 3L
26-05-2015, 17:50
I took air out and the tyre became hotter. Running at 107+. Maybe its just a characteristic of the car. I can drop the temps by driving a second a lap slower, which is no way near as much fun as full speed.

That aligns with my understanding of the tire pressure so thank you for reporting back.

Marcd23
26-05-2015, 18:13
Whenever I drive these I seem to have a problem with the cars pulling to the side. So if I want to straighten up. I nudge to the side a little and it keeps going in the direction I moved in.

PTG Claret
26-05-2015, 20:45
Whenever I drive these I seem to have a problem with the cars pulling to the side. So if I want to straighten up. I nudge to the side a little and it keeps going in the direction I moved in.

I think this may actually be the issue. It does seem that the car is always pulling left to me, possibly dragging the rear left tyre? I've tried everything and it always seems to go thermonuclear after 2-3 laps.