PDA

View Full Version : Pit Strategy, Tire Pressure/Temp, and Missing Info

Prophet216
25-05-2015, 22:03
When you look at some cars stock the tire pressures will be 2.10 area, adjustable to over 3. Then in pit strategy you can only go as high as 2! How exactly does that work? What is the pit settings doing, taking the tire to the selected pressure or changing the pressure by that much? the latter does not make much sense because you cant go negative, but honestly the whole thing makes 0 sense if you cant go as high as stock! where are all the other pit strategy adjustments, like sway bar? the pit strategies also seem to change based on weather and track, and dont stay to what they were saved as.

Where is the ability to see what you currently have on your car. Tire type, tire wear, damage to car components, current running BAR or PSI, and all the other info we on ps4 cant get because we have no app support.

if its dry but will rain half way thru the race do i have slicks or rain tires on? If it was dry in qualifying but raining in the actual race or vice versa do i have the right tires on because im guessing.

and in closing i see very minimal change in car handling and tire heat/wear when going from max to min tire pressure.

Please any insight is very very very welcome. as i notice issues in this area ill post to this thread

IrideGravity
25-05-2015, 22:38
When you look at some cars stock the tire pressures will be 2.10 area, adjustable to over 3. Then in pit strategy you can only go as high as 2! How exactly does that work? What is the pit settings doing, taking the tire to the selected pressure or changing the pressure by that much? the latter does not make much sense because you cant go negative, but honestly the whole thing makes 0 sense if you cant go as high as stock! where are all the other pit strategy adjustments, like sway bar? the pit strategies also seem to change based on weather and track, and dont stay to what they were saved as.

Where is the ability to see what you currently have on your car. Tire type, tire wear, damage to car components, current running BAR or PSI, and all the other info we on ps4 cant get because WE HAVE NO APP SUPpORT

if its dry but will rain half way thru the race do i have slicks or rain tires on? If it was dry in qualifying but raining in the actual race or vice versa do i have the right tires on because im guessing.

and in closing i see very minimal change in car handling and tire heat/wear when going from max to min tire pressure.

Please any insight is very very very welcome. as i notice issues in this area ill post to this thread

Great questions. The kind people want answered before they will even commit to a season of racing.
Good luck though. Probably too good a question for an answer. Because .... The answer might open a can of worms the developers probably don't want to talk about. Maybe you will get a vague answer from someone with "tire model" in their description, but the tire model guy probably isn't allowed to talk around here.
Not if HIS APPS ARE NOT SUPPORTED in this version. His whole existence is pointless anyway for PS4. He's probably working on improving the PC version. Meanwhile we beta test racing to see who can figure out the bugs and complete the game the fastest, if at all.

Seriously. This guy deserves an answer or this forum doesn't need to exist. Legit & important question

Dam351
26-05-2015, 06:18
Well its to do with the actual tyre size (internally) as a tyre with higher profile series, on standard cars 70 series and 65 series are common. Where as with most late model racing tyres they're a much lower profile, say 35 or 45 series.
All it means is from outside edge of tread to the outside of the rim (usually has tyre brand name etc there, like pirelli on f1 rims, the 35 series or 60 series refers to that side wall of the tyre measured in millimetres.
Oops forget to answer the question. Lol. Afyer the description mentioned the 35 millimetres (USA just over an inch) of a wheel needs higher amout of compressed air to prevent it just smashing into the rim. Where as the larger pillowed wall of older 1970s dragster rear wheel needs less.

Your old bikes. A BMX & aRACING BIKE.
Hoffmans bmx has bigger fatter sidewalls on those 20 inch bmx rims.
But Lance Armstrong type racing bike has tiny sidewall on the larger rims. They pump higher pressure into the racer compared with the bmx, from memory around 3x compared with bmx. Hope this example helps .

Prophet216
26-05-2015, 06:30
Thank you but how much air a tire needs and why it needs air was not my question ; )

IrideGravity
26-05-2015, 07:23
Well its to do with the actual tyre size (internally) as a tyre with higher profile series, on standard cars 70 series and 65 series are common. Where as with most late model racing tyres they're a much lower profile, say 35 or 45 series.
All it means is from outside edge of tread to the outside of the rim (usually has tyre brand name etc there, like pirelli on f1 rims, the 35 series or 60 series refers to that side wall of the tyre measured in millimetres.
Oops forget to answer the question. Lol. Afyer the description mentioned the 35 millimetres (USA just over an inch) of a wheel needs higher amout of compressed air to prevent it just smashing into the rim. Where as the larger pillowed wall of older 1970s dragster rear wheel needs less.

Your old bikes. A BMX & aRACING BIKE.
Hoffmans bmx has bigger fatter sidewalls on those 20 inch bmx rims.
But Lance Armstrong type racing bike has tiny sidewall on the larger rims. They pump higher pressure into the racer compared with the bmx, from memory around 3x compared with bmx. Hope this example helps .

Nah. Way off base. The BAR is the euro equivalent of PSI here in the states. Nothing to do with Sidewall thickness. Which is what I believe your trying to infer to? Series tire rating or overwall sidewall thickness is likely not adjustable in game. If a car comes with 225x45x17. That's what it is. Not gonna let you run 35 series sidewalls I don't think. Nor dial it up to a 225x70?x17 why would anyone do that?

Prophet216
26-05-2015, 07:24
I see admins post frequently. This is being ignored I feel because the answers to my questions are the ones I don't want and they don't want to say out loud. Its broke its broke and we don't know either... Please tell me I'm wrong

IrideGravity
26-05-2015, 09:33
I see admins post frequently. This is being ignored I feel because the answers to my questions are the ones I don't want and they don't want to say out loud. Its broke its broke and we don't know either... Please tell me I'm wrong

Was really thinking on this and want to say different. But your right. Without the inclusion of telemetry like forza had where you get a readout of exact ferenheit or Celsius to the degree. Pointless. A little green meter is not gonna cut it if you plan to really adjust and make beniffit's from the bar adjustments. PC is the future. Consoles getting ignored too much. Bring on the modular steam box I say.

KartKingCorre
26-05-2015, 10:16
I guess the big problem with missing info with console is the lack of community apps.. I havent played Pcars on PC so i have no idea how these apps work and show data, but from what i've read, the API can output lots of data. All the data racers need I guess.. So the console version needs a way more detailed telemetry HUD ( and customizable)

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 10:20

I can assure you that your feedback won't be ignored.

In fact I created a thread @WMD during development that sums up the limitations/issues that are existing within the current pit manager system but I won't post it here because it's already outdated in some points.
The devs are well aware of these issues and will further improve the system.

Keep up your feedback. :)

JamieF86
26-05-2015, 10:27
adjust the pit strategy in the garage then go to the circuit ad it works fine

Machinist90
26-05-2015, 10:37
I guess the big problem with missing info with console is the lack of community apps.. I havent played Pcars on PC so i have no idea how these apps work and show data, but from what i've read, the API can output lots of data. All the data racers need I guess.. So the console version needs a way more detailed telemetry HUD ( and customizable)

^this,there should be more pages to flip through when turning on telemetry with left D-pad (default)

MULTIVITZ
26-05-2015, 11:07
^this,there should be more pages to flip through when turning on telemetry with left D-pad (default)

Get one of the game apps for your phone then!? The community have been developing them for over 18 months. You are part of the community, but please try and search about what you want to post about to stop duplicating, repeating posts. Hope this helps.

MULTIVITZ
26-05-2015, 11:10
You can assign buttons as you like in options my telem button is R3. There might be a selection wheel like in gta comming if enough people like the idea! The games a blank canvas, but mums the word.sshh

Prophet216
26-05-2015, 14:26
Get one of the game apps for your phone then!? The community have been developing them for over 18 months. You are part of the community, but please try and search about what you want to post about to stop duplicating, repeating posts. Hope this helps.
You could read before you post, no apps or consoles, what app do u recommend I get lol

Dam351
26-05-2015, 15:27
Nah. Way off base. The BAR is the euro equivalent of PSI here in the states. Nothing to do with Sidewall thickness. Which is what I believe your trying to infer to? Series tire rating or overwall sidewall thickness is likely not adjustable in game. If a car comes with 225x45x17. That's what it is. Not gonna let you run 35 series sidewalls I don't think. Nor dial it up to a 225x70?x17 why would anyone do that?
Ok so the was why do some tyres need 200 psi while others can be inflated with 40psi? (Dont quote me on the amount of pressure from the op^ I just used 2 different amounts in this simple example)

Firstly, I'm not here to argue ok. I dont see how a scientific answer actually explained anything. ''BAR psi kpa" there's the answer mate no problem. I mean lmao. Do u have a stick with 10 lines per centimetre marked along it? So if you took that and go to any car with correctly fitted rubber you will see theres a pattern. The 235x35x19 sidewalls are aprox 3.5cm or 35mm. And 50 series are 50mm. So the tyre you joked about, 70series which also would be 7cm or 70mm might not be a racing tyre from an Aventador, but it might be off a 4wd 4x4 light truck etc. All that'd mean is 6&1/2 in widex17inch high rim.
So no one said they're adjustable in game. But not every car has lambo wheels hey. So adjust the thinking as u vision the tyres on that Caterham 7. Now think of those Audi TDi rims. Do they have the same amount of pressure recommended by their manufacturers?

So the other crack at me was that lower profile tyres dont need higher pressure. Do I really have touch this 1. Go on put 35psi in 17x35xhow ever wide u like. And vice versa. When 1 gets ripped off the rim from being crushed between the road and rim, and the other 1 goes "pop" from over inflation, explain how that would happen if my examples were nothing to do with it.

Anyway to the fellow who pulled me up on those 2 points, I'm not saying you or I know anymore or less. I probably know much less tbh. But I was trying to explain why there's more pressure required in 1 tyre compared with another. This was the question asked in op. I say nothing about changing wheels tyres etc. I describe 2 different wheels. Anyway did barometric pressure stuff explain it to the op?
Anyway PM me anytime and ill explain my ranting rumblings better if possible. And sorry if ive caused offence.
Good gaming guys.

Prophet216
26-05-2015, 16:16
No one asked that question, or a question about profile or anything else. The question was why does pit adjustments go from .5 bar to 2.0 bar. But garage adjustments go from 1.5 to 3.5 roughly. You can't even go as high as the stock pressure in most cases once you pit. Try to read, and not just spout info for the sake of it. No one said you were wrong, just off topic

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 16:20
No one asked that question, or a question about profile or anything else. The question was why does pit adjustments go from .5 bar to 2.0 bar. But garage adjustments go from 1.5 to 3.5 roughly. You can't even go as high as the stock pressure in most cases once you pit. Try to read, and not just spout info for the sake of it. No one said you were wrong, just off topic

Because the pit manager isn't completely linked to the car setup system (yet). Btw. there's a good chance that this bug is already fixed. See here:

Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 1.3 - Fixed Issues

Pitstops:
* Pitstop strategy will now use the actual bar value for tyre pressures.
* Fixed an issue where the Pit engineer would repeatedly inform the player that a pit crew member has lost a wheel nut during pit stops.
* Fixed an issue where the Pit Engineer would call the player to stop for fuel when fuel consumption was disabled in options.

I know these are the XBOX patch notes but it will surely come with hte first PS4 patch too.

IrideGravity
26-05-2015, 21:02
I can assure you that your feedback won't be ignored.

In fact I created a thread @WMD during development that sums up the limitations/issues that are existing within the current pit manager system but I won't post it here because it's already outdated in some points.
The devs are well aware of these issues and will further improve the system.

Keep up your feedback. :)

I'll probably have a cheap copy from steam by then that works first. Or asseto corsa. I wonder if they ever fixed their AI issues or completed their game. I don't think they did though.

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 13:12
You could read before you post, no apps or consoles, what app do u recommend I get lol

Are you kiding me??