PDA

View Full Version : Ok, great game. But. Anyone bored?

Skullblits69
25-05-2015, 22:58
This is my gripe, ive played it.
Im not good enough to beat time trails. Online is fun. But not enough races. Not hardcore enough.

Just. Bored lol. Advice?

NVI0U5
25-05-2015, 23:03
Yes, Its just a racing sim you just race or tune, one or the other, sometimes the grind is what keeps the player busy and keeps them playing

JessicaWalter
25-05-2015, 23:03
you don't have to "beat" time trials. just get around the track cleanly once and then try to beat your ghost. learn the different tracks. learn tuning. there is really no way to have done everything this game has to offer, if you enjoy racing, because most of it is endlessly replayable. i know you don't know the nord by heart, lol

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 23:04
Wait, you are not fast enough, but at the same time the game is not hardcore enough? What do you mean by that?

I dont know about you, but l'm a real motorsports fan, l dont get bored by racing games that quick.
My advice, do some research next time, the amount of cars and tracks was known before launch.

Skullblits69
25-05-2015, 23:10
Wait, you are not fast enough, but at the same time the game is not hardcore enough? What do you mean by that?

I dont know about you, but l'm a real motorsports fan, l dont get bored by racing games that quick.
My advice, do some research next time, the amount of cars and track was known before launch.
Im more of a mind set. Ive done all i could. I came close enough. But imnot finding many great races atm. Its just the way i am.

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 23:19
Well thats fine then. If you have done all you could, what advice could possibly help? No advice in this world magically adds more content to the game.

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 23:21
You finished the game?

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 23:32
Maybe try joining a championship?

JessicaWalter
25-05-2015, 23:38
i say keep playing (if you enjoy the driving) and keep trying to set a lap time (doesn't have to be a good time, mine are piss poor atm) and then try to brake and corner better and improve your personal time and understanding of how the game plays and how different cars handle. find a shorter track and try to learn it and remember how to take each section. this game has a lot of great tracks so no matter what your driving style you'll find one you enjoy and can build from there, branching out to other tracks.

MULTIVITZ
25-05-2015, 23:45
Search for tunes, I've put some up as screen shots. The FQ400 is great fun on any track. The default setups are tune for stablity and don't get the tyre temps into thier grip window. Don't get disheartend, adjusting the speed sensitivity makes the steering sooo much better. I had to turn the exposure up the get the graphics looking extra mint.

TenthDan
25-05-2015, 23:54
Some ideas:

Pick a car you wouldn't normally choose and wring it's neck (I.e. Atom V8). Then try it around Bathurst, or a track you aren't familiar with...at night!
Up the AI and race them at Silverstone, I believe that's the track they're fastest at.
Run a race at the 'Ring with 24hr timescale
Drive Azure Coast/ California Hwy trying to stay on the right side of the road, like you would drive it in real life:)
Take the Sierra around Bathurst!
Set up a long practice session online and grab a group and just drive around like idiots :p

True there's not grind/unlocks etc, but there's lots to do.

Or if really bored, put the game down for a bit and pick it up again when the DLC is out...

Mrbrown33
25-05-2015, 23:55
You've finished the career? All Endurance Races? Gained all rewards? Must of been boring If you had it set to an easy level. Ive only just got to season 3 and i had a week off when it came out.Just signed up to the junior class.

Mrbrown33
25-05-2015, 23:58
Some ideas:

Pick a car you wouldn't normally choose and wring it's neck (I.e. Atom V8). Then try it around Bathurst, or a track you aren't familiar with...at night!
Up the AI and race them at Silverstone, I believe that's the track they're fastest at.
Run a race at the 'Ring with 24hr timescale
Drive Azure Coast/ California Hwy trying to stay on the right side of the road, like you would drive it in real life:)
Take the Sierra around Bathurst!
Set up a long practice session online and grab a group and just drive around like idiots :p

True there's not grind/unlocks etc, buI'm at t there's lots to do.

Or if really bored, put the game down for a bit and pick it up again when the DLC is out...How about driving around the ring backwards lol

Mahjik
26-05-2015, 00:02
Just. Bored lol. Advice?

Find a league. You'll have a blast in a league and make a lot of good online friends.

TrevorAustin
26-05-2015, 00:04
Im not good enough to beat time trails. Online is fun. But not enough races. Not hardcore enough.

Just. Bored lol. Advice?

Ritalin? :)

Mrbrown33
26-05-2015, 00:07
Find a league. You'll have a blast in a league and make a lot of good online friends.http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/ the best place around! ����

Skullblits69
26-05-2015, 00:07
Ive done every season on full difficult. Ive done alot of online stuff aswell.

Meh maybe im good in my own rigth. But winning gets boring lol

JessicaWalter
26-05-2015, 00:09
well you said earlier you weren't good enough to beat time trials but it sounds like you are but...

Skullblits69
26-05-2015, 00:13
well you said earlier you weren't good enough to beat time trials but it sounds like you are but...

Theres good, then theres rage inducing, time trails lol

Probably a break will suit me lol. Im worn out

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 00:19

You are not making any sense to me.

Skullblits69
26-05-2015, 00:21
You are not making any sense to me.

O well.

HBR-Roadhog
26-05-2015, 00:31
The whole thread makes no sense. Even if you set the races to the shortest possible length, skipped all invitations, all practice and qualifying sessions It would still require a good bit of time to drive all seasons in all classes just once.

As for time trials. You don't beat time trials. What you do is you try to post the best time you can or if you manage to get #1 you may move on for a while but usually it isn't long before #1 becomes #2 then 3 and 4 and before long it might be #50 and you need to go back and go faster to climb back up there.

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 00:32

Care to share your profile stats?
Would interest me, + l get the feeling you're not being honest here.

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 00:32

You've done the whole career on 100% difficulty yet you say you're no good at time trails?

I've played most every day at 80% and I'm nowhere near finished with the career let alone the defend your title ect ect.

Even on 80% I've lost many races certainly not won them all.

I've spent 2 days just practicing Bathhurst in a GT3 trying to master it.

Skullblits69
26-05-2015, 00:42
Care to share your profile stats?
Would interest me, + l get the feeling you're not being honest here.

No idea how too. Im on ps4.

I mean aswell. Ive beat the IA. At races. But time trails im just not great at. Its the excitement

CustomInternals
26-05-2015, 00:44
Theres good, then theres rage inducing, time trails lol

Probably a break will suit me lol. Im worn out

I don't know how you could beat the AI on 100 difficulty and not throw down some decent times on the LB's. I don't consider myself to be Top 1% or anything but I have (had?) a few #1 spots on the LB's and I still find it challenging to race the AI on 100. It might be due to the fact I play with sim damage and they love to play tag sometimes but even when they don't it's a good race for me. Then again I also consider myself a better driver when I'm in "Time Attack" mode and no one else is in my way/racing line but I'm still not one of the Elite. Not even close.

TenthDan
26-05-2015, 00:50
Actually, given the AI performance in the rain is a little 'above normal' at the moment, I don't see how you have beaten them all at 100% throughout the career? That's impressive and I would think you would have some top leaderboard times from that too if so!

Skullblits69
26-05-2015, 00:53
I dunno, i alway come 1st. I choke at time trails.
Game there is nothing wrong with.
Its just me.

Skullblits69
26-05-2015, 01:04
I need a holiday lol. Ill come back and try the time trails again

Apoc112
26-05-2015, 01:05
If you feel like you've done all you can but your name isn't on top of every leaderboard or you're not in some kind of sanctioned race league, pcars just may not be the right game for you. Nothing wrong with that.

Gordon
26-05-2015, 01:17
I need a holiday lol. Ill come back and try the time trails again

Yep you need a new perspective on it so give it a rest for a while then come back to it and quite possibly discover (for example) enjoyment in time trials. Hopefully. :angel:

Alan Dallas
26-05-2015, 05:43
440 hours on the Steam version... I'm I bored of it yet? NOPE! :D

Mrbrown33
26-05-2015, 07:27
Did you do the session on 100%? If so that means you did the panorama 25hr madness and the 24hr le mans on 100% AI........�� sorry don't believe you. I dont even think some of the quickest people who play this game could do it, let alone all set to 100%. ��

What car did you use at Bathhust for the 25hr race? If it was the RUF and you did win it, could I have your setup, coz I can tell you, the F1 Mclaren will beat the RUF on the straights all day long. Ive tried the race at 60% AI, and the F1 just left me for dead.

mermoid
26-05-2015, 07:40
Winning online in public races is meaningless. If you can avoid the carnage at the start and drive a full race without spinning or crashing out yourself it's basically a guaranteed win. The AI is also not particularly challenging compared to the best human drivers, so I suggest the best way for you to find a real challenge is to join an organised league.

Of course, the people who race in these leagues are the same people who are top of the time trial leaderboards and they are more than capable of producing those sorts of times every single lap... you certainly won't have to worry about winning every time in that environment.

Mrbrown33
26-05-2015, 08:00
For fun???

LADY GEMMA JANE
26-05-2015, 08:04
I dont get bored

MiZtErNiCe
10-06-2015, 22:58

Meh maybe im good in my own rigth. But winning gets boring lol im kinda like that with online using formula A, with clean wheel to wheel racing i have only been beaten twice out of over 150 races, sure i have been knocked off the track lots of times but still managed podiums. was invited to join a league but they were all 5 secs a lap slower than me around spa and i was only doing 1.47s, dont want to win every race lol

JeyD02
10-06-2015, 23:19

Just. Bored lol. Advice?

To find lots of races. Change download region to London.,

mire2
10-06-2015, 23:49
Yeah i must say for me it makes absolutely fun to try to get better and better, i love it to beat the corners faster and cleaner after a while.....now i see more and more that i go better and it pushes the fun for the game higher and higher...My gameplay time, too :P............

Get bored after a while? No....frustrated at the beginning of it , sure.....but it always put's a smile on my face after beating the tracks beautiful after a hard challenge for me to get with this game....

Enjoy it, dont play just time trials, dude i drive sometimes over 20 rounds just free practice without trying to beat times, just for fun and practice

CCM
11-06-2015, 00:22

Just. Bored lol. Advice?

Have you changed your location in the steam profile? I did that and now i see lots of online racing. I changed it to UK I also think there will be a update that will merg all to one online community.

Bouyo
11-06-2015, 01:02

Just. Bored lol. Advice?

If this game had ONLY the Radical SR8 and a few tracks I honestly would not be bored. However it has a ton of tracks and a ton of beautiful cars! We must be very different people ...

RobMUFC1987
11-06-2015, 04:15
How can you be bored? I've put 70 hours into Online alone. I've done nearly 150 races Online and 80 of them are GT3. I don't think I will ever be bored with GT3. Karts can disappear though

ciderman9000000
11-06-2015, 05:30
Did you do the session on 100%? If so that means you did the panorama 25hr madness and the 24hr le mans on 100% AI........�� sorry don't believe you. I dont even think some of the quickest people who play this game could do it, let alone all set to 100%. ��

What car did you use at Bathhust for the 25hr race? If it was the RUF and you did win it, could I have your setup, coz I can tell you, the F1 Mclaren will beat the RUF on the straights all day long. Ive tried the race at 60% AI, and the F1 just left me for dead.

He never said he did everything on 100% duration. Give the guy a break.

madmax2069
11-06-2015, 05:36
Nope, how can anyone get board with this game.