PDA

View Full Version : Playseat Challenge and Thrustmaster T300RS Question

DnBasshead007
25-05-2015, 23:20
I am currently researching play seats since I can finally purchase a wheel (T300RS with T3PA pedals) and have come across the Playseat Challenge. This seat would be perfect for my current situation since I can't buy a full blown rig and don't want the center pole of a wheelstand pro (unless its my only option) and it easily folds up and stores out of the way. Inside Sim Racing gave it a pretty good review using a T500. I have a couple of questions for the community. First does anyone own this seat? If so how does it hold up for the wheel you are using? I am particularly interested if anyone is using it with a T300 RS and how well it mounts to the chair and how the chair holds up to the FFB. Thanks!

daddyboosive
25-05-2015, 23:31
I have a WSP and the centre pole isn't an issue what so ever. If that puts you off. Check out the GT Omega Wheel Stand. Pros with that one too is that pretty much any wheel and pedals can be hard mounted to it.

daddyboosive
26-05-2015, 00:03

GraySmithMusic
26-05-2015, 00:35
I have the Playseat Challange with the T300RS. It mounts just fine and deals with the FFB well. There is a little up/down movement where the base attaches to the Playseat, but it's minimal and has no effect on the feel when driving. There is no left/right movement at all, which is what you'd really not want.

I did a lot of research on the Playseat Challange before buying, I'm quite tall (6'2) and was worried about it being a tight fit. I bit the bullet and ordered, thinking I could return if necessary. It's great. Just make sure the velcro straps are fastened properly if you're going to adjust the seating angle. I learnt that the hard way.

DnBasshead007
26-05-2015, 01:02
I have the Playseat Challange with the T300RS. It mounts just fine and deals with the FFB well. There is a little up/down movement where the base attaches to the Playseat, but it's minimal and has no effect on the feel when driving. There is no left/right movement at all, which is what you'd really not want.

I did a lot of research on the Playseat Challange before buying, I'm quite tall (6'2) and was worried about it being a tight fit. I bit the bullet and ordered, thinking I could return if necessary. It's great. Just make sure the velcro straps are fastened properly if you're going to adjust the seating angle. I learnt that the hard way.

I am same height as you so its good to know it will fit my size. The Omega looks good too but still requires a chair of some sort where as the Playseat is an all in one unit. Inside Sim Racing stated the same as you about a little up and down movement but it wasn't too bad and I think I could deal with it. I am still weighing my options but the Playseat still is a front runner currently. Thanks both of you for your detailed responses.

GraySmithMusic
26-05-2015, 16:37
Yeah I watched the ISR review too. I also very nearly purchased the Omega Wheel Stand prior to getting the Playseat Challenge, but they had sold out.
Glad though, in the end, having the racing seat with it is cool, and the way you have to swing the wheel aside to get in and out is nice too. Makes you feel like you're in your own little cockpit.

Henryvank
26-05-2015, 19:19
I purchased the Playseat CHALLENGE and the T300RS last week.
I'm also tall, like 6'5. This combination is really very good for me and also for my son and daughter who is about 5'5.
I did not know how much more fun this is on project CARS compared to a dualshock 4 controller. I love it!!
Al least now it's possible for me to win races.......

BR Henry
P.s. The playseat CHALLENGE is also my sons favourite chair for ALL his other games :-)

dogdave
26-05-2015, 20:11
I have a playseat challenge, and t100 set up in my Shed, and love it, really adds to the game

PureMalt77
26-05-2015, 20:54
hi there,

I also got a the Playseat Challenge with the T300RS, and no problems at all!
As mentioned by GraySmithMusic, a little movement up/down on the base, but minimal, do not affect driving in any way.

And as a tip: I also ordered the H-shifter, which I've attached using a RAM mount. Can post some picture over the weekend (on a business trip now, so far away from my rig!)

I'm 1,80m, 75Kg (sorry, only know in metrical system!!!), and is very stable...

Luke Townsend
26-05-2015, 21:01
I have the T300RS and just bought a WSP. Central pole is no issue - it's between my thighs (oo errr! ;)) so your legs don't hit it - would only be an issue if it was near your ankles but can't see that ever happening - the WSP is so adjustable. Strength-wise and stability-wise it's crazily sturdy! My exercise bike feels more likely to move lol. TBH I think all your options would be great - the WSP takes up the least space if that's a consideration.

Henryvank
26-05-2015, 21:25
Lol, i'm only 93 kg. ( Metric:-) )

daddyboosive
26-05-2015, 21:57
I have a playseat challenge, and t100 set up in my Shed, and love it, really adds to the game

That looks really nice actually. How are the pedals mounted to it? Can you get an attachment to mount the shifter too?

dogdave
26-05-2015, 22:07
I havnt got a shifter, but found this picture, pedals have a Velcro strap around them onto a drop down bar, doesn't sound great, but it is solid, and mine don't move around.204671

Slicker_VR
26-05-2015, 22:11
I am currently researching play seats since I can finally purchase a wheel (T300RS with T3PA pedals) and have come across the Playseat Challenge. This seat would be perfect for my current situation since I can't buy a full blown rig and don't want the center pole of a wheelstand pro (unless its my only option) and it easily folds up and stores out of the way. Inside Sim Racing gave it a pretty good review using a T500. I have a couple of questions for the community. First does anyone own this seat? If so how does it hold up for the wheel you are using? I am particularly interested if anyone is using it with a T300 RS and how well it mounts to the chair and how the chair holds up to the FFB. Thanks!

i have had a playseat challenge for about a year, mostly using dfgt on gt6, unless you're over 6'2" it's pretty comfortable. i now have a t500 and the frame work supports it well. my guess is it would be fine for t300

daddyboosive
26-05-2015, 22:44
I'm torn between this and GT Omega Wheel Stand.... It's the price mainly.

DnBasshead007
26-05-2015, 23:00
Here's the Inside Sim Racing review of the playseat challenge for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/playseat-challenge-reviewed/

Thanks for everyone who has put in your honest 2 cents.

kiteboy27
27-05-2015, 09:39
I have the playseat challenge and a t300 mounted to it - I'm 6ft 4in, weigh 95kg (ish). Highly recommend- great driving position and very comfortable. Way better than a wheel stand IMO. I had a wheel stand pro v2 - but sitting upright driving on my couch was very uncomfortable (lower back) so I sold it. I even mounted a buttkicker gamer 2 to the playseat- works well.
It's a quality product..

kiteboy27
27-05-2015, 09:50
hi there,

I also got a the Playseat Challenge with the T300RS, and no problems at all!
As mentioned by GraySmithMusic, a little movement up/down on the base, but minimal, do not affect driving in any way.

And as a tip: I also ordered the H-shifter, which I've attached using a RAM mount. Can post some picture over the weekend (on a business trip now, so far away from my rig!)

I'm 1,80m, 75Kg (sorry, only know in metrical system!!!), and is very stable...

If you want to improve the stability of the wheel deck and greatly reduce that up/down movement try a bit of duck tape. Basically there is no hinge just one tube inside another, the fact that they don't fit perfectly and there is a tiny gap leads to unwanted movement.. Cut 4 strips of duck tape about the size of your little finger and stick them one on top of the other inside the outer tube, make sure the ends of the strips are taped over the end onto the outside of the tube(stops the tape getting pushed inside), now when you work the inner tube of the deck into the outer you will have a very solid fit and much reduced movement.
On the other side it's even easier, just put 4 tiny strips on the bottom of the cup where the decks tube rests, when you tighten the lock you get the same effect" on both sides..tighter fit, less movement, Enjoy..

joridiculous
27-05-2015, 10:53
T500 and T300 have identical mounting for both wheel stand and pedals. Makes it easy'ish to choose your seat, stand :)

slovoflud
27-05-2015, 12:02
I've ordered the t300 / Playseat challenge as a bundle, it worked nicely, untill the T300 died two weeks ago. Technical support is really nothing to write home about...

Other people with issues here as well:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25732-T300-RS-Dead

misterspockyall
27-05-2015, 19:08
Another playseat challenge owner here. I just use a T80, but I had a makeshift wheel stand for about 2 days before I ordered the playseat. It is quite comfortable so far for 2-3 hour stints, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in an entry level rig. You can't underestimate proper seating placement. Best of luck!

dwalldorf
27-05-2015, 20:17

Hey mate, I got my Playseat Challenge just yesterday. Let me share my impressions so far.

First impression:
It looked solid while putting it together. Mounting the T300 was easy. Screws and hex key are included. The seat even comes with a set of verlcro strips that let you organize all your cables around the seat. Very nice extra! Everything is stiff enough to feel good but don't expect a rock solid construction.

After having my wheel attached to my desk since this game came out, I can tell you that from the first round on, the difference was huge. In a positive way. I must admit that my position was far from perfect while it was mounted to the desk. The desk was too high, the chair too low. So I can't compare it to a desk-setup that fits your physical needs.

Comfort / Performance:
For me, this seat is comfortable even after a few hours of intense racing. I have a very natural feeling and better control overall. Keep in mind though my seating position before was far from perfect. The construction of the seat doesn't have any problems to withstand the FFB of my T300 GTE. The wheel stand does wobble up and down if you apply vertical forces but is very stable horizontally. It maybe hurts the reality feeling a little bit because a real wheel doesn't wiggle in any direction but it's not a problem while racing. The forces from the FFB do not let it shake up and down. The paddle mount is adjustable and can be raised if you put something underneath it. Once it's fixed, it stays in it's position.

I think it's well worth the money. If you have limited space or need the ability to put it away, this is perfect! Even if I had the space, I would probably be happy to have this seat :)

SkyyJuice
28-05-2015, 01:35
Don't wanna sound like I'am following the rest of these guys, but I gotta admit, its a pretty decent racing chair, got to remember that it can hold the weight of up 22 stones, My mate is 17 stone and when plonks his backside in it, I close my eyes for a split second, and yes it does hold his weight every time he sits in it, without fail, has never collapsed (thank god..lol)

And im rolling with the T300RS wheel, just remember to use the appropriate length of hex screws when mounting your wheel to the PlaySeat Challenge, as having them a few mm too long could damage the workings inside the wheel,or you could use washers to to shorten the screws length (thats what i did)
Takes 1 minute to setup, and the same time for me to put it back in storage, so that the wifey cant, stress me from her watching Corrie..lol

Happy gaming fella, you will not be disappointed. ..... FYI Platform is PS4 (not PC) :o

LordDRIFT
29-05-2015, 00:50
T500 and T300 have identical mounting for both wheel stand and pedals. Makes it easy'ish to choose your seat, stand :)

No they don't.

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 09:12
Here some pictures of my rig. My tips:

1. with the T300RS, move the main place forward (you can adjust the main place in 3 positions, by default the chair comes with the plate in the central position). This will give you more space to your arms and a better gravity point, making the up-down movement more stable.
2. I've attached the TH8A shifter using a RAM mount to the chair's leg. It's very stable and the shifter sits in a more natural position. Lay the shifter cable below the chair, so you don't need to detach the cable to enter the chair from the front.
3. Of course, lay all cables to the left side, also giving you free entry in the chair and no cables between your legs while driving.

DnBasshead007
29-05-2015, 10:27
Thanks PureMalt77 for your explanation and pictures. I think I have settled on the playseat challenge as my chair of choice. Now I just need to find a T300 RS.

Again thank you everyone for your input.

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 10:31
Welcome! In fact, I'm still missing something in my rig: the beer holder! :victorious:

daddyboosive
29-05-2015, 11:18
Think I'm going to get a playseat challenge too. The T300 combo is out of stock on their website atm though.

DnBasshead007
29-05-2015, 15:42
Amazon is queuing up orders again for the T300 RS on their US site. No more of that message they've had for the last couple weeks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O8B7D02/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

dwalldorf
29-05-2015, 15:46
@PureMalt77 Could you please go into more detail on how you mounted the TH8A? Is it sturdy? Can you also use it as a sequential gearbox and pull/push with some force without the whole thing wobbling around? What exactly did you use to get it attached there? Still searching for a nice solution and yours looks awesome! Nice work

DnBasshead007
29-05-2015, 18:48
Well I just placed my order for a T300 RS, T3PA pedals and a Playseat Challenge! Very excited to get these and really crack into Project Cars. I haven't played since the first day I got the game because I knew I needed a wheel to truly enjoy this game. Just have to now wait a week or two for everything to be delivered. My wheel and pedals are coming from Canada. For anyone still wanting to buy a wheel they still have 3 in stock.

https://www.pagnianamericas.com/store/index.php/wheel-flight-gear/race-wheels/thrustmaster/thrustmaster-t300-rs-steering-wheel-ps4-and-ps3.html

LordDRIFT
29-05-2015, 19:11
I'm gonna grab a seat based on this thread. Based on an online review its perfect for us taller chaps as well.

DnBasshead007
29-05-2015, 19:25
I'm gonna grab a seat based on this thread. Based on an online review its perfect for us taller chaps as well.

Absolutely! 2 good reviews from this thread of taller people sold me on it. Just ordered mine from Toys R Us. I found that slightly humorous when it came up in Google Shopping.

LordDRIFT
29-05-2015, 19:48
Absolutely! 2 good reviews from this thread of taller people sold me on it. Just ordered mine from Toys R Us. I found that slightly humorous when it came up in Google Shopping.

free shipping wooot!

Pcars
29-05-2015, 19:49
Looks like a great seat, what is the lowest this seat can go?

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 20:24
Thanks!

I used the RAM mount which came with the Garmin 390 LM I use in my motorcycle, since in my bike I fixed with something else, had this RAM mount left...

It looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-RAM-mounting-kit-replacement/dp/B000S7ZGP4/ref=pd_sim_422_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VSZFENZDS7ZAZR9HY6Q

Look at the pics I posted in this thread. The handlebar base is screwed to the one of the legs, the squared base (after enlarging the whole with a drill machine) fits the base of the shifter. I placed some tape in the leg just to not scratch it.

You can push/pull some force, is not wobbling, but I only use the 7+1 H shifter, don't use the +/- sequential (when driving a sequential car, I use the paddles)...

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 20:26
Looks like a great seat, what is the lowest this seat can go?

I would say around 30 cm from the floor. But you don't want to seat too low, because you can't adjust how high the wheel is, so if you go too low, the wheel will be in front of your face...

DnBasshead007
29-05-2015, 20:55
Well I knew ordering from Toys R Us was too good to be true. Received an email stating there was a problem with my order (not in stock) and did not know when it would be back in stock but they weren't canceling my order. I think I'm going to try to cancel my order and go elsewhere as I'm betting they won't be getting it back in stock anytime soon.

Also it's now not available online from their store which also leads me to believe they aren't trying to restock it.

LordDRIFT
29-05-2015, 21:04
Well I knew ordering from Toys R Us was too good to be true. Received an email stating there was a problem with my order (not in stock) and did not know when it would be back in stock but they weren't canceling my order. I think I'm going to try to cancel my order and go elsewhere as I'm betting they won't be getting it back in stock anytime soon.

Also it's now not available online from their store which also leads me to believe they aren't trying to restock it.

Well that sucks. Thanks for being the guinea pig :)

dwalldorf
29-05-2015, 21:09
Thanks!

I used the RAM mount which came with the Garmin 390 LM I use in my motorcycle, since in my bike I fixed with something else, had this RAM mount left...

It looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-RAM-mounting-kit-replacement/dp/B000S7ZGP4/ref=pd_sim_422_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VSZFENZDS7ZAZR9HY6Q

Look at the pics I posted in this thread. The handlebar base is screwed to the one of the legs, the squared base (after enlarging the whole with a drill machine) fits the base of the shifter. I placed some tape in the leg just to not scratch it.

You can push/pull some force, is not wobbling, but I only use the 7+1 H shifter, don't use the +/- sequential (when driving a sequential car, I use the paddles)...

Thanks for the info man! Found this exact gadget on german amazon as well. Now there's just my own restraint holding me back from ordering the T3PA and TH8A :D

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 21:57
Thanks for the info man! Found this exact gadget on german amazon as well. Now there's just my own restraint holding me back from ordering the T3PA and TH8A :D

Did not look we are ALSO writing from Germany, otherwise would have sent the amazon.de site!
Anyway, I used this because I had it laying around. Just search for RAM mount, and you will find dozens of types. Of course, as short and with less joints better for stability.

DnBasshead007
29-05-2015, 22:32
Of course when I finally pull the trigger on a wheel and have to order it from Canada Amazon magically has it back in stock with Prime shipping. Luckily working with Customer Service for Toys R Us to cancel my playseat order.

DnBasshead007
29-05-2015, 23:38
I think I'll be ordering my playseat directly from the manufacturer through Amazon. Might take a few weeks to get here but at least I know they have it in stock.

daddyboosive
30-05-2015, 07:01
HELP?

Do I get the RS or GTE version?

daddyboosive
30-05-2015, 08:08
Look what I've just ordered!

dwalldorf
30-05-2015, 08:40
HELP?

Do I get the RS or GTE version?

Whatever you prefer. They are the same wheelbase, same pedal set, same FFB and everything. Only thing different is the key layout and the look of the wheel rim.

daddyboosive
30-05-2015, 09:07
Whatever you prefer. They are the same wheelbase, same pedal set, same FFB and everything. Only thing different is the key layout and the look of the wheel rim.

Yeh I went for the GTE mate and ordered PS4 vinyl stickers for it.

DnBasshead007
30-05-2015, 20:52
Just ordered my Playseat Challenge (again). Hopefully this one will actually be in stock and I will receive either end of this week or early next week. Wheel and pedals are currently in customs so they should get here around the same time.

GraySmithMusic
31-05-2015, 01:33
[QUOTE=PureMalt77;952518]Here some pictures of my rig. My tips:

1. with the T300RS, move the main place forward (you can adjust the main place in 3 positions, by default the chair comes with the plate in the central position). This will give you more space to your arms and a better gravity point, making the up-down movement more stable.

205107[QUOTE]

It never even occurred to me to even think about checking if you could do that. Excellent tip.

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 11:05
Could someone with a T300. Do me a favour please and take a photo of the connections on the wheel base. Then post them on here?

Henryvank
31-05-2015, 12:03

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 12:16
I meant for the peripherals mate. Thanks for the reply though.

Henryvank
31-05-2015, 13:49
I meant for the peripherals mate. Thanks for the reply though.

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 14:18
Cheer for the pic mate. Is the left connection for the pedals and the centre connection for the shifter?

Henryvank
31-05-2015, 15:05
Cheer for the pic mate. Is the left connection for the pedals and the centre connection for the shifter?

Yep, you're 100% right!!

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 16:17
Also, I have another question lol. Sorry to be a pain. Can you use the csr elite pedals with the T300 on console or just PC?

Henryvank
31-05-2015, 17:43

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 18:04
You can use the CSR pedals but you need a Basher Boards CPX Adaptor.

PyroDog
02-06-2015, 14:59
I've got my old WheelStandPro from when I had a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. I've sinced got a T300RS for use on the PS4 and it's been great with this stand - rock solid and no problem with the centre pole. Only thing is the main wheel mounting plate is a bit small as not meant for the T300RS but I emailed WSP and they're sending me the new larger mounting plate for 20. WSP folds away nicely too.

daddyboosive
02-06-2015, 15:09
I've got my old WheelStandPro from when I had a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. I've sinced got a T300RS for use on the PS4 and it's been great with this stand - rock solid and no problem with the centre pole. Only thing is the main wheel mounting plate is a bit small as not meant for the T300RS but I emailed WSP and they're sending me the new larger mounting plate for 20. WSP folds away nicely too.

Yeh I've had my WSP for about 5 years now. Along with my 911 Turbo S. The stand is very well built and sturdy. Their support is really good too. And like you said if you ever change wheel, pedals or want to add a shifter etc. They are more then happy to help you. I'd recommend WSP to anyone wanting an entry level setup which can't be rigged up 24/7.

DnBasshead007
02-06-2015, 19:37
Headed to pick up my wheel and pedals at the UPS store after work today! Playseat will be delivered tomorrow! Bad news is that I go out of town for 6 days on Thursday so no setting up until I get back late Monday. The good side of it is that I took off Tuesday so will be able to break it in then. Anything I need to do for first time use other than set the FFB settings?

PureMalt77
02-06-2015, 21:00
Headed to pick up my wheel and pedals at the UPS store after work today! Playseat will be delivered tomorrow! Bad news is that I go out of town for 6 days on Thursday so no setting up until I get back late Monday. The good side of it is that I took off Tuesday so will be able to break it in then. Anything I need to do for first time use other than set the FFB settings?

Firmware check!

Slicker_VR
02-06-2015, 22:41
I would say around 30 cm from the floor. But you don't want to seat too low, because you can't adjust how high the wheel is, so if you go too low, the wheel will be in front of your face...
actually, as you drop the seat the wheel is lowered too

DnBasshead007
04-06-2015, 13:45

Headed on a vacation so no setting up until I get home. Tuesday is going to be fun.

boksandbom
04-06-2015, 15:03
Hi to everyone,

I own the playseats challenge, fanatec csr whell and csr elite pedals, i love the seat , everything is very stable, good position, no bad spot i actually watch tv on it some time, it's really a great design, probably the best idea playseat has ever had ( yes central post i'm talkin to you...)

I wanna upgarde my whell to a T300 RS along with the T3PAPRO pedals i have a few questions :

- Does the pedals stay stable withe the T3pa pro set ? even GT syle ?

- I absolutely love my elite pedals, does the conical brake mod lived up to the hype or will i be very dissapointed after using my elite pedals ?

I know about the mod to make my elite pedals work with the trs 300 but the delay to get one is insane
does anyone used both set, elite vs T3pa pro ?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts , it will be greatly appreciated considered all that stuff is not cheap.

daddyboosive
04-06-2015, 18:28
I wouldn't bother with the T3PA-PRO'S mate. They aren't that good aparently. They just look like they are because they are fully metal. You can however get a load cell brake mod etc. But that's if you want to spend the extra money on them. I'm going to get a set of G27 pedals and brake mod instead. Works out cheaper and they'll be better than Thrustmasters.

GraySmithMusic
06-06-2015, 23:27
I've had my Playseat Challenge for a month now and I have to say, the novelty of folding it up and moving it out of the way each night has completely worn off. It's resulted in me moving the dogs bed, just so I can slide the whole thing, fully assembled, to one side so I can watch tv, then I just slide it back again when I want to play.

2bleu
07-06-2015, 16:44
Just ordered my Playseat Challenge (again). Hopefully this one will actually be in stock and I will receive either end of this week or early next week. Wheel and pedals are currently in customs so they should get here around the same time.

where you ended up ordering from ?

daddyboosive
07-06-2015, 16:52
A bit pissed off with playseat. They are showing that the Challenge is instock but don't be fooled by this as they are not. Ordered one with a GTE over a week ago now. Decided to reply to my email a couple of days ago saying that they don't have stock but are expecting some. I should of just got an Omega wheel stand.

djhonda
07-06-2015, 17:05
For all of you guys in U.S. I have ordered mine with Wayfair and it was delivered within a week. It was 249 with tax and delivery.

2bleu
07-06-2015, 17:25
For all of you guys in U.S. I have ordered mine with Wayfair and it was delivered within a week. It was 249 with tax and delivery.

thanks for the reference, its Out of stock thought :(

martinm1289
07-06-2015, 18:28
Would really appreciate your guys opinion on what stand to get. I am looking at either the wheel stand pro or the gt omega. The playseat is out of my price range, as much as reading through this thread has made me want one. I bought a stand off ebay for 40 quid trying to be savvy and it's a pile of ****. It wobbles and nothing is hard mounted, lesson learnt there. I am 6ft 4 so leg room has to be considered.

daddyboosive
07-06-2015, 18:44
Go for the gt omega mate. You can add the seat at later date too if you wanted.

martinm1289
07-06-2015, 19:39
How come you say omega over wsp then bud? (other than the point you made)

daddyboosive
07-06-2015, 19:57
Mainly for its compatibility mate. The omega fits pretty much any brand of wheel/pedals. So if you want to buy a different brand of wheel or pedals. You wouldn't need to upgrade or buy a new stand as well etc. Hope this helps.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 20:02
Anyone tried or know anything about these...... http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/promo-europa/playseat-alcantara-gearshift-holder-pro.html

DnBasshead007
07-06-2015, 20:02
where you ended up ordering from ?

I ordered through Amazon with Five K Ltd. I received the wheel in less than a week.
I don't see it online anymore. Only can be ordered directly through PlaySeat now.

McKiernan
07-06-2015, 20:14
Anyone tried or know anything about these...... http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/promo-europa/playseat-alcantara-gearshift-holder-pro.html

Yes, I have an older model & suits me quite well. The seat is a bit creaky & some find the centre bar to be irritating, but it doesn't bother me. I've had mine a few years now.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 20:20
Thanks for that McKiernan.... I would need to get my TV a lot closer than that though but I think I have something that would be ideal.
How is it on your back after a long stint as I suffer from back problems, and does it vibrate/shake much.

-Brick_Top-
07-06-2015, 20:44
I would forget the playset look at the centre bar in way of pedals and not mega stable. If funds allow rseat rs1 is rock solid and no centre bar

I have one and I can tell you it's rock solid.
Although this isn't exactly mobile. By the time you have all the pedals, box, handbrake, wheel & butt kicker mounted to it it's getting on for 70 - 80 kg so needs to be somewhere you can have a perminant rig set up.
Its also has various attachments for button boxes keyboards mouse's etc as extras if your in to pc Sims. Can be left or rhd. By the time you add the playseat seat slider and box mount onto it and compare the difference in quality it's not much of a hard choice to make.
With the playseat pedals can be offset to accommodate the centre bar but for that sort of money you shouldn't have to.

daddyboosive
07-06-2015, 21:54
I would forget the playset look at the centre bar in way of pedals and not mega stable. If funds allow rseat rs1 is rock solid and no centre bar

Although this isn't exactly mobile. By the time you have all the pedals, box, handbrake, wheel & butt kicker mounted to it it's getting on for 70 - 80 kg so needs to be somewhere you can have a perminant rig set up.
Its also has various attachments for button boxes keyboards mouse's etc as extras if your in to pc Sims. Can be left or rhd. By the time you add the playseat seat slider and box mount onto it and compare the difference in quality it's not much of a hard choice to make.
With the playseat pedals can be offset to accommodate the centre bar but for that sort of money you shouldn't have to.

Love the look of the rseat. Just from the pics you can see difference in quality between them and a playseat. Wish I had the room for a proper cockpit.

-Brick_Top-
07-06-2015, 22:06
Love the look of the rseat. Just from the pics you can see difference in quality between them and a playseat. Wish I had the room for a proper cockpit.

Laser cut carbon steel and cnc bent it's the real deal for sure. But yes as stated it does require a dedicated space really.
The dbox full motion add on unfortunately can not be justified in price.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 22:08

Thanks for that... yeah I have looked at that one before and thought it looked a lot better quality, especially with no center bar which was putting me off really.
I'm not to worried about the weight as I only have to move it a couple of feet.

The only thing is the Price.... 528 just for the basic one.... and with some of the extras I might need it's going to be close to a 1000... I don't think so.

LordDRIFT
08-06-2015, 02:08
Play seat looks like a better option for those who need this to fold away

tarbat
08-06-2015, 08:58
A bit pissed off with playseat. They are showing that the Challenge is instock but don't be fooled by this as they are not.

Was this from playseatstore.co.uk or from www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/

I ordered from the latter over the weekend because of their good price, showed as in stock, but now this morning is showing as Out of Stock :( Hoping they did have stock when I ordered.

daddyboosive
08-06-2015, 12:17
The latter one mate. I'm cancelling my order and going to get a refund. I'll just get gt omega wheel stand instead I think.

-Brick_Top-
08-06-2015, 16:56
The latter one mate. I'm cancelling my order and going to get a refund. I'll just get gt omega wheel stand instead I think.

Looks like a better option to me. The challenge seat it seems to me the challenge is getting into and out of it! Cant be easy to jump up and grab a beer or for toilet breaks etc.

PureMalt77
08-06-2015, 17:11
Looks like a better option to me. The challenge seat it seems to me the challenge is getting into and out of it! Cant be easy to jump up and grab a beer or for toilet breaks etc.

It's fairly easy to get out/in of the challenge, if you lay down the cables properly. Look out my pics: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27846-Playseat-Challenge-and-Thrustmaster-T300RS-Question&p=952518&viewfull=1#post952518

-Brick_Top-
08-06-2015, 17:18
It's fairly easy to get out/in of the challenge, if you lay down the cables properly. Look out my pics: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27846-Playseat-Challenge-and-Thrustmaster-T300RS-Question&p=952518&viewfull=1#post952518

I stand corrected. Didn't realised it would flip up like that.

McKiernan
08-06-2015, 18:44
Thanks for that McKiernan.... I would need to get my TV a lot closer than that though but I think I have something that would be ideal.
How is it on your back after a long stint as I suffer from back problems, and does it vibrate/shake much.

Sorry man I just saw your post now. I agree that the telly ideally should be much closer & have moved it more towards the front end of the telly stand, but even so I'd prefer it even closer. Where it is now I sit 44inches from the screen. The longest single race I've done on it was 4hours & was a little stiff afterwards but not much more so than I would've expected after a 4 hour drive. As for stability I would say it is very stable & have no issues whatsoever in that regard. The biggest issue I would say is the centre bar, particularly if you plan on using a H-Shifter & heel toe shifting, I use paddles with auto clutch and left foot braking so it is not a problem for me.

DnBasshead007
09-06-2015, 19:21

Thank you to everyone for your input in this thread. I am all set up and am looking forward to the session that's about to happen as I take my first runs as a wheel user.

LordDRIFT
09-06-2015, 19:34

Thank you to everyone for your input in this thread. I am all set up and am looking forward to the session that's about to happen as I take my first runs as a wheel user.

Get as close as you can to the screen and provide reviews!

kiteboy27
09-06-2015, 19:45
Hey Guys, got two PMs asking how i mounted a buttkicker to the to playseat challenge. Thought I'd post it here..

What I used:
3 of these clamps http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W3J0AZG/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1#

1 cross bar that can be cut down to the proper size (I used a wooden handle for a shovel, but think I'll change it to a metal bar instead for better vibration - probably won't make any diff) Cut the bar to fit exactly between the two legs, better to cut off too little to start than too much.
1 can of black spray paint (paint job not finished,)

I mounted the buttkicker between the two legs to get even vibration between the left and right sides of the chair, and mounted it on the front legs to send the vibration up the back of the seat rather than toward the wheel.

DnBasshead007
09-06-2015, 20:51
Get as close as you can to the screen and provide reviews!

All I can say is that it is nothing short of amazing! Great feel through the wheel and the chair is super comfortable. The pedals also offer great resistance (I am using the conical brake mod). I have worked up a sweat playing the last few hours. Looking forward to perfecting my driving in the weeks and months to come!

tarbat
10-06-2015, 08:59

Thanks. Same here, had to raise a PayPal dispute to get any response from playseat.com shop. They eventually replied "We have just refunded you the full amount paid because due to a mix up we are still waiting to have availability of the Playseat Challenge. We are Sorry for that."

So, have now ordered from playseatstore.co.uk, who assure me they definitely have it in stock. Bought with the 458 spider wheel:

A bloody nightmare trying to find anyone with the Playseat Challenge in stock, you would have thought the playseat.com store would be the most reliable, but I wouldn't advise anyone to order from them since they seem to make up there "In Stock" status!

daddyboosive
10-06-2015, 10:47
Thanks. Same here, had to raise a PayPal dispute to get any response from playseat.com shop. They eventually replied "We have just refunded you the full amount paid because due to a mix up we are still waiting to have availability of the Playseat Challenge. We are Sorry for that."

So, have now ordered from playseatstore.co.uk, who assure me they definitely have it in stock. Bought with the 458 spider wheel:

A bloody nightmare trying to find anyone with the Playseat Challenge in stock, you would have thought the playseat.com store would be the most reliable, but I wouldn't advise anyone to order from them since they seem to make up there "In Stock" status!

Yeh I'm going to do the same I think as well mate. Just waiting for my refund to go through now. I kicked off at them saying that it's false advertising saying they have stock when they didn't.

DnBasshead007
10-06-2015, 12:26
Yeh I'm going to do the same I think as well mate. Just waiting for my refund to go through now. I kicked off at them saying that it's false advertising saying they have stock when they didn't.

Same thing happened to me with ordering through Toys R Us. Luckily was able to get a quick refund and order it from a place that actually had it in stock. Good luck to everyone trying to track these down. Its a great chair and I don't even notice the slight up and down movement.

saucers
12-06-2015, 17:17
Just posted my set up for sale on ebay, as i got a new one on the way :cool:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151711054503?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Irishnewblood
12-06-2015, 17:57
Fantastic seat,the challenge.I would honestly recommend it to anyone even thinking about it,great for folding up too.

hal20xx
17-06-2015, 02:55
Another satisfied Playseat Challenge owner. I've got the T300RS (PS4) wheel, TX wheel (Xbox One), TH8A shifter mounted, T3PA-Pro pedals (which are hands down better than the stock pedals), and a Buttkicker Gamer 2 on the way (looks like I'll be using kiteboy27's mounting instructions). The best part about it is the pedal section can be disconnected entirely (and easily) which is perfect considering just how heavy and clunky the T3PA-Pros are.

mkiv18t
17-06-2015, 03:07
Setup looks awesome!

I'm interested as to what your mounting solution was for the TH8A shifter on the Challenge.

Another satisfied Playseat Challenge owner. I've got the T300RS (PS4) wheel, TX wheel (Xbox One), TH8A shifter mounted, T3PA-Pro pedals (which are hands down better than the stock pedals), and a Buttkicker Gamer 2 on the way (looks like I'll be using kiteboy27's mounting instructions). The best part about it is the pedal section can be disconnected entirely (and easily) which is perfect considering just how heavy and clunky the T3PA-Pros are.

LordDRIFT
17-06-2015, 03:39

Ribbon tweeters , wtmw center channel. I smell audiophile..

daddyboosive
17-06-2015, 04:44
Look what arrived yesterday.... Won't be able to set it up till the weekend when I'm home though :(

stux
17-06-2015, 08:05

T3PA and TX pedals have different mounting holes. Not a huge problem though.

I think the T300 uses the same default pedals as the TX, and the T500 uses the T3PA pedals.

hal20xx
18-06-2015, 13:58
Setup looks awesome!

I'm interested as to what your mounting solution was for the TH8A shifter on the Challenge.

Thanks! The mount is really just 2 metal plates, one on either side of the metal tubing. I also ran 1-inch spacers on the other side to limit flex. I've seen it mounted on the other side of the 'lock' but I felt that it put the shifter too far away. Where I have it feels incredibly natural. It's a bit close to the lock (and in the picture below, it's overlapping it), but it's a minor inconvenience.

hal20xx
18-06-2015, 18:02
T3PA and TX pedals have different mounting holes. Not a huge problem though.

I think the T300 uses the same default pedals as the TX, and the T500 uses the T3PA pedals.

The T300 pedals are a little different from the TX pedals. The T300 pedals are adjustable (TX pedals aren't) and the TX brake pedal is wide whereas the T300 brake pedal is the same narrow design as the gas pedal. Overall feel is about the same, though I've heard some people have had deadzone issues with the T300 pedals.

GregT_1903
23-06-2015, 08:25
How would you guys rate the playseat challenge for a guy weighing appr. 108Kg?
I am thinking of buying one, but as I am a bit on the 'heavy' side, I need to know first if it will not break on me. ;) :cool:

Also how do you find the paddle attachment as you have the pedals lay flat on the floor?

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 18:12
Look what arrived yesterday.... Won't be able to set it up till the weekend when I'm home though :(

i remember that moment - my birthday last year

Slicker_VR
23-06-2015, 18:14
How would you guys rate the playseat challenge for a guy weighing appr. 108Kg?
I am thinking of buying one, but as I am a bit on the 'heavy' side, I need to know first if it will not break on me. ;) :cool:

Also how do you find the paddle attachment as you have the pedals lay flat on the floor?

i think you may struggle to get in it, as it's quite a narrow fit on me, and i'm skinny as a rake, but i'm pretty confident it would take your weight - it's pretty sturdy

Fight-Test
25-06-2015, 18:51
If any of u guys are interested in a playseat sv I would be willing to sell it for the same as a playseat challenge ($250), but if u need it shipped that will be on you but I don't mind meeting up. Ive had it for two years but only had a wheel on it since just before project cars came out. If interested shoot me a pm and I'll take some pics and get them to you. I have my t300 and pro pedals on it currently and will be in the pics but not for sale, and it comes with speakers and rumble box with subwoofer built in. I also had the wiring inside resoldered for extra strength when I got it and also have a buttkicker attachment on it that I made but comes off with 1 screw. I have to consolidate my desk and racing rig so looks like I gotta get a wheel stand. I'm 6 foot 220lbs and I can sit in it all day comfortably.

F1ngers
25-06-2015, 19:06

Hi all, for anybody looking for a Playseat Challenge it may be worth checking out this website: https://www.alzashop.com/playseat-challenge-d2418207.htm
They currently have stock and are cheaper then most retailers. They are based in the Czech Republic and ship world wide I believe.
I ordered one a few days ago and has been sent to the UK. Free postage as well.
May be worth a try.

daddyboosive
25-06-2015, 21:54
playseatstore.co.uk has stock too. That's where I ordered from.

Djuvinile
24-07-2015, 14:13
I bought it in the netherlands for just €168. https://azerty.nl/0-6276-839099/playseat-challenge-gamestoel-zwarte-coating-zwart.html?channel_code=40

Think foreign countries could just order here.

MrLiister
23-08-2015, 20:24
Thanks for the info especially the images all, this thread has made my mind up. As soon as my wheel is paid I'm going to get the Playseat Challenge for sure, it fits my needs perfectly.

Dizeaz
24-08-2015, 16:13
These look really nice. I'm looking to upgrade my wheel but dont have anything to mounts FFB to atm. My set up is pretty ghetto consisting of a dining chair a lawn chair and some belts HAHA. Anyways, I wish these didn't run so high. By the time you get this and a wheel your at 600+...hard to justify that to my wife.

MrLiister
07-09-2015, 15:44
So I did it purchased the Playseat Challenge and TH8A shifter. I had to take the TV off the wall to get nice and close but the outcome is amazing, well for me anyhow! Using the in game seat height I can get every car perfectly matched with my position and have now removed the in game wheel.

Octane100
07-09-2015, 17:35
So I did it purchased the Playseat Challenge and TH8A shifter. I had to take the TV off the wall to get nice and close but the outcome is amazing, well for me anyhow! Using the in game seat height I can get every car perfectly matched with my position and have now removed the in game wheel.

did you buy the gearshift mount too ?

Where did you get yours from ?

How much did it cost?

I ordered my playseat from amazon lastweek for 140 im now going to order the gearshift mount from playseatstore.co.uk thats an additional 25

MrLiister
08-09-2015, 14:52
did you buy the gearshift mount too ?

Where did you get yours from ?

How much did it cost?

I ordered my playseat from amazon lastweek for 140 im now going to order the gearshift mount from playseatstore.co.uk thats an additional 25

Hi Octane, no I didn't get the shifter mount, I used the wheel mount from my wheel stand pro. It's not in the ideal place tbh and you may find the same with the shifter mount. I'm going to see if I can mount it a bit lower down, will update if I do.

MrLiister
08-09-2015, 15:01
@Octane100 I just had a look at the Playseat gear shift support and it's different to what I thought. Do you know how it attaches to the challenge? Looks like it can be placed at any height which sounds good, the image doesn't show the bit that fits to the seat!

Octane100
08-09-2015, 15:13
Hi Octane, no I didn't get the shifter mount, I used the wheel mount from my wheel stand pro. It's not in the ideal place tbh and you may find the same with the shifter mount. I'm going to see if I can mount it a bit lower down, will update if I do.

Yea i hear ya on the mounting position. Even with the gearshifter mount i will only be able to mount it next to the steering wheel (either side) touring car style.
The playseat challenge does not accomodate the gearshift pro mount which lets you mount the shifter down below to simulate a real life position as you'd find in 99% of the cars with manual gearboxes.

I know there have been some custom mounts by some users who have been clever enough to improvise such contraptions using go pro mounts etc.

If you want some examples let me know ill dig them out from the respective sites.

Good luck and happy shifting!

PureMalt77
09-09-2015, 09:10
I've attached my shifter with RAM Mount pieces (pics are old, as I changed to the PRO Pedals), but the shifter is the same.
It seats lower in a more comfortable and real-live position.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27846-Playseat-Challenge-and-Thrustmaster-T300RS-Question&p=952518&viewfull=1#post952518

helczy
26-11-2015, 19:17
I have the playseat challenge and a t300 mounted to it - I'm 6ft 4in, weigh 95kg (ish). Highly recommend- great driving position and very comfortable. Way better than a wheel stand IMO. I had a wheel stand pro v2 - but sitting upright driving on my couch was very uncomfortable (lower back) so I sold it. I even mounted a buttkicker gamer 2 to the playseat- works well.
It's a quality product..

Hi!
I've seen your photos about your attaching, can you plz tell me, that did you went through the leg of the playseat with a screw?
I can't see, just the screw from the side mount.

mbze430
04-12-2015, 07:56
Here some pictures of my rig. My tips:

2. I've attached the TH8A shifter using a RAM mount to the chair's leg. It's very stable and the shifter sits in a more natural position. Lay the shifter cable below the chair, so you don't need to detach the cable to enter the chair from the front.

I have the same setup (TX Wheel with TH8A and a Playseat Challenge) and looking for a way to mount the TH8A. I saw your post about using the RAM Mount for the Garmin. Did you have to modify the mount/ or holes on the RAM mount to make it mount on the TH8A?

PureMalt77
04-12-2015, 19:22
I have the same setup (TX Wheel with TH8A and a Playseat Challenge) and looking for a way to mount the TH8A. I saw your post about using the RAM Mount for the Garmin. Did you have to modify the mount/ or holes on the RAM mount to make it mount on the TH8A?

Yes I did had to enlarge the whole a bit with a drill machine, but nothing really hard...

mbze430
08-12-2015, 05:50
I just wanted to let everyone know that part # RAM-B-184U-A from RAM Mount works perfectly with the TH8A. No modification needed on the mount.

Riotstarterr
09-12-2015, 14:30
I just wanted to let everyone know that part # RAM-B-184U-A from RAM Mount works perfectly with the TH8A. No modification needed on the mount.

Hello, I'm seriously thinking of getting the mount you recommend, but I'm in a doubt it will hold well - there has to be some kind of wobble or something, no? Could you post a video when it is mounted and you are shifting? It would be very helpful.
This mount is supposed to hold 3-5lb and the TH8A shifter is kinda heavy, also the center of gravity is shifted, there is a big leverage, not to mention you actually have to shift too, which would create additional force and tension. I just cannot imagine it working.

mbze430
10-12-2015, 17:41
it is a little wobbly, but not enough to miss-shift

Riotstarterr
11-12-2015, 06:25
Ok, thanks for the reply. In the meantime, I did not wanna wait, so I made my own holder and it's pretty sturdy.

Djuvinile
11-12-2015, 09:37
I also mounted the th8a with a ram-mount to my Playseat Challenge. when you just screw al bolts as tightly as possible the wobble will be minimal. at least you wont notice it when throwing the stick through the gears while racing. the wheel itself can also wobble a bit on the challenge, but also not noticeable while driving (tip: move the main wheel mounting plate to its furthest possition to reduce this).
Ok, thanks for the reply. In the meantime, I did not wanna wait, so I made my own holder and it's pretty sturdy.

how did you mount it?

Riotstarterr
11-12-2015, 14:02
I went to local hardware store, bought some stuff and well, mounted it :) mostly made from steel, so it's pretty sturdy, does not move around.

catr
21-03-2016, 19:39

You have the same tv bench as I do (thanks IKEA), but I don't have the legs that you do. It seems the wheel is a bit too high, and I fear it will be even higher for me since I don't have the legs on the bench. I'll have to put the tv on a box or something. :) Otherwise you have the exact same setup that I've planned, with the pedals inside the bench itself. How have you fastened the pedals there?

Also, do you have the PC in the bench, behind one of the bench doors? That's what I have planned. :-) And what size TV is that?

Koekenbakker28
06-08-2016, 17:11
Hi guys. I just bought this combo. Will post my experiences later. Just one question though: is the wheel only supposed to be held by 2 of the 4 screws? I'm a noob when it comes to technical stuff, so before I miss something and break it I prefer to ask. Thanks!

BrainsBush
07-08-2016, 07:51
I just had a look under the steer. Just two bolts/screws and that holds the steer very tidy on the mounting plate.
They are placed somewhere in the middle where the steering mount has two holes with the metal inside to hold and tighten the screws.

gewoon twee schroefkes dus ;)

Koekenbakker28
07-08-2016, 11:20
I just had a look under the steer. Just two bolts/screws and that holds the steer very tidy on the mounting plate.
They are placed somewhere in the middle where the steering mount has two holes with the metal inside to hold and tighten the screws.

gewoon twee schroefkes dus ;)

Thanks! That means I did it right haha! First impression: great combo. The PlaySeat is superior in everything. It's been a long time since I've had so much pleasure unpacking a product. It's easy to setup and it sits like a comfy chair.

The t300rs wheel is great, just need to get used a bit. The pedals are ok-ish, but that has been known since they were released. It's mainly the breaking pedal that is hard to master and also needs to be pressed pretty hard in order to break fully (but hey, so does my cars braking pedal).