PDA

View Full Version : This is driveclub all over again !!! AHHHHHGGG Take a Breath

jason
26-05-2015, 03:16
I think people need to look at the driveclub scenario! I't had a not so well greeted release , I enjoyed the game as I do project cars ( I actually love project cars ).
Driveclub is now well respected with dlc and constantly receiving new patches and upgrade tweeks , they have done well.

I would believe Project cars will most definitely follow the same path with us all receiving regular patches and DLC content.
Now as far as I know the patch goes to Bandai and then say Sony or Xbox for testing , that takes time. :( Its unfortunate but a part of the process just the same .

I just think It will take a few patches to fix and add the items we all would like , e.g my t500 does its own thing sometimes or my pit crew are on a permanent holiday and my safety car is well who knows what he's doing every evening when I play (but i'm still loving the game ) I think It has been a massive undertaking by slightly mad to embark on trying to give us a racing simulator that most people want to play and enjoy for what it is , a lot of us in the community need to take a breath and give the guys time to fix the bugs and improve the gameplay as they will .

I personally cant wait to see what they have in store for the future of this game , This is a mile in front of anything else I have ever played on a console (PS4)

New tracks , 50 + cars and so on.

PSN SUBGTRACER
Australia

Prophet216
26-05-2015, 06:54
I agree the future could be bright, and I sure hope it is. One must wonder how so many mistakes got into a final version with testers and hundreds of builds and delays tho. And where is all the in game info to explaine all the stuff that clearly must be broke because no one can decipher what the hell is actually happening. Like the pit strategy tire pressure. Or the ability to see info about your car current setup, tire type anyone...? Tunes don't save right, the HUD won't save, clutch seems broke with most cases, forcing you to use auto clutch. I kinda want to be able to play the game I bought and make some sense of it already.

tmitch45
26-05-2015, 07:02
I agree I'm really enjoying the game and I'm positive that when the bugs are sorted its will be a truly amazing game. I think what's frustrating fans is the all the delays and the promise that the delays are to remove all bugs and give fans a 100% finished and polished game which just isn't true. The other frustration is the lack of news on the progress of fixes/patches. All people need is a rough date and information about what will be fixed and I think people will calm down and give the guys a break. As I've said to many people this game has massive potential but its not there yet and unfortunately wasn't 100% finished on release which is the cause of the frustration.

Prophet216
26-05-2015, 07:15
I disagree the a rough date is good enough. I have a game that I'm most likely teaching myself how to play wrong in many ways because things are too be changed still affecting handling drastically, and I have a game that like most games when they release now a days, is only roughly 60% complete. Literally everything is broke or comes with no explanation or changing it doesn't really do anything at all. I want the game that was promised, not this unplayable pile of broken menus

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 07:30
DriveClub was broken and unplayable at launch, Project Cars is nowhere near broken and very well playable, which makes the title obsolete.
2nd, in which universe is DriveClub a respected game? :confused:

tmitch45
26-05-2015, 07:58
I disagree the a rough date is good enough. I have a game that I'm most likely teaching myself how to play wrong in many ways because things are too be changed still affecting handling drastically, and I have a game that like most games when they release now a days, is only roughly 60% complete. Literally everything is broke or comes with no explanation or changing it doesn't really do anything at all. I want the game that was promised, not this unplayable pile of broken menus

I agree with you ideally I/we want someone official to say the patch is due on ........date and these are the things it will fix, then we are working on a second patch which will fix.......

I say a rough date as every time I write comments on this forum all I get is you need to just wait and they wont release a date. This is why I say a rough time frame is better than nothing. Surely something will be done and soon as youtube is rapidly filling up with people totally slating the game now the honeymoon period is over.

ChrisK
26-05-2015, 09:28
Heya Jason, whenever our group get together we have some great racing and it sure helps us forget about the bugs !
It would be nice to get some sort of indication of when some patches and/or updates will be coming though.

KK78
26-05-2015, 09:53
Sorry Pink but Driveclub is very well respected now by a large core of racers who avidly play it still today, Evolution Studios have done a fantastic job of improving the game and adding tons of features on a weekly and monthly basis not to mention it now has arguably the best car roster of any racing game (if you love Super and Hyper cars) It is also very popular still because of it's challenge system, there are lots of leagues still operating with 100's of players taking part in each. There is a new update just this week, 4 new Lamborghinis and a host of further tweaks and improvements- this is how a game should be supported and Driveclub following it's awful launch had no right to still be popular but ask people who play it and they will tell you it is one of the best arcade racers in a long long time.

tmitch45
26-05-2015, 09:59
Sorry Pink but Driveclub is very well respected now by a large core of racers who avidly play it still today, Evolution Studios have done a fantastic job of improving the game and adding tons of features on a weekly and monthly basis not to mention it now has arguably the best car roster of any racing game (if you love Super and Hyper cars) It is also very popular still because of it's challenge system, there are lots of leagues still operating with 100's of players taking part in each. There is a new update just this week, 4 new Lamborghinis and a host of further tweaks and improvements- this is how a game should be supported and Driveclub following it's awful launch had no right to still be popular but ask people who play it and they will tell you it is one of the best arcade racers in a long long time.

Sounds promising then if SMS/WMD start sorting things out quickly then!

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 10:07

It doesnt make it a respected game only because there are still peopke playing it. There are still people playing Battlefield Hardline, which is far away from being respected. Or Evolve, l bet people still play it, but its not respected at all. Should l go on?

I also didnt question Evolution's ongoing support for the game.
Arguably the best car roster... Did they already add Japanese and American cars? If not, l cant even consider it a good roster, thats my opinion though.

KK78
26-05-2015, 10:28
It doesnt make it a respected game only because there are still peopke playing it. There are still people playing Battlefield Hardline, which is far away from being respected. Or Evolve, l bet people still play it, but its not respected at all. Should l go on?

I also didnt question Evolution's ongoing support for the game.
Arguably the best car roster... Did they already add Japanese and American cars? If not, l cant even consider it a good roster, thats my opinion though.

I think we differ on the understanding of 'respected' A quick look at the social media sites for Driveclub would highlight just how fervent and dedicated it's following is, this is not simply down to the game, it is the work Evolution have done in supporting and listening to the players post release, who they respond to directly on a daily basis (see Twitter https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB?lang=en-gb) I'm pretty sure that is not the case of Evolve of BF Hardline. The car roster has a few American cars but the focus has always been on European cars from the start and Sony clearly have influence regarding the Japanese cars, possibly due to not wanting to upset Polyphony. But I should have said it's the best roster in my opinion, much like the fact I like the game, easily the best racer for many many years in my opinion.

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 11:27
Yea, my understanding of a respected game is the actual quality of it, the level of polish, production values and the overall reception. Not the actions on their social media, or do you respect Justin Bieber only because his social media is very active? :p
DriveClub was a highly broken game at launch after a 1 year delay and was dull as hell. In my book, this alone excludes it from ever being respected.

PS: Did you ever re-watch any of the early DriveClub presentations? If so, you would know that they even false advertised their product.

dwalldorf
26-05-2015, 11:39
I agree with you ideally I/we want someone official to say the patch is due on ........date and these are the things it will fix, then we are working on a second patch which will fix.......

I say a rough date as every time I write comments on this forum all I get is you need to just wait and they wont release a date. This is why I say a rough time frame is better than nothing. Surely something will be done and soon as youtube is rapidly filling up with people totally slating the game now the honeymoon period is over.

I think the same. I'm really happy playing this game and I much prefer to get a game early if it's playable than to wait another 2 years. But still, this game has problems and some of them are huge (at least for some people). We did pay 100% of the price but didn't get 100% of the game yet, which seems to be okay nowadays.

But at least let us know what issues will be fixed in the next update / patch and let us know about the timeframe! If you have to hand it to Sony for testing/QA/whatever, let us know! "Hey community, the second patch is out to Sony, we'll have to wait for them to approve it. It will fix the following things ..." What is so hard about that? Seriously!

KK78
26-05-2015, 11:51
Yea, my understanding of a respected game is the actual quality of it, the level of polish, production values and the overall reception. Not the actions on their social media, or do you respect Justin Bieber only because his social media is very active? :p
DriveClub was a highly broken game at launch after a 1 year delay and was dull as hell. In my book, this alone excludes it from ever being respected.

PS: Did you ever re-watch any of the early DriveClub presentations? If so, you would know that they even false advertised their product.

Serious question did you ever actually played Driveclub, after it's issues? it's many things but dull? Really? I'd argue it's the most exciting, break neck speed racer for generations.

As for presentations and 'promises' I'm way too old to buy into that 'whoa is me, the evil game developer did not give me what they said' bulls**t, it's how the industry works, otherwise I'd likely be one of these crying about the many issues Project Cars has- or are you saying that PCars does have your respect? ;)

What I do know is Driveclub is it is one very playable, good value and highly polished game. I'm quite staggered you don't think it looks polished, there are some of the best car models, weather effects and a incredible sense of speed in there that even PCars can't touch on PS4. As for the social media side I think it's a valid point because it demonstrates how the Devs have looked to openly re-address the issues the game has, take on the ideas of fans directly and provide a continuous platform for communication- a rare thing in gaming. With the launch it had Driveclub should have been dead and buried but the work they have done to properly engage the players has paid dividends, but you'd have to look past the soundbites from people who are still obsessed with whingeing about the launch to see that.

I'm loving PCars but for me nothing matches the exhilaration of been fastest in the world in a snorting Hyper car, always on the edge in Driveclub- you should give it another go, you're a good racer you'd be like s*** off a shovel

Me in a Gumper Apollo Enraged around Kinloch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056WPe6oU9I

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 12:27
I think there's no point in discussing with a biased person :p
A not working multiplayer, a on-rails AI, broken penalty system, rubberbanding, no weather effects. Yea thats polish :D
I brought up many valid points why DriveClub doesnt get my respect, yet you try to twist things to make it look good, obviously because you run a club. Oh, and where's my free PS+ Version of it? :eek:

KK78
26-05-2015, 12:33
A not working multiplayer, a on-rails AI, broken penalty system, rubberbanding, no weather effects. Yea thats polish :D
I brought up many valid points why DriveClub doesnt get my respect, yet you try to twist things to make it look good, obviously because you run a club. Oh, and where's my free PS+ Version of it? :eek:

Miss Pink you don't strike me as a cheap lady in need of the PS+ version ;) (promised by Sony without the full understanding of what was required) The issues you highlight were true, in October of last year and I've had many many months of fun without them. By your logic with some of the issues PCars has you shouldn't be playing that either but you have got stuck in yourself, as I have and I won't be swallowing the crap people spout about Project Cars been broken either.

Try Driveclub now, you might like it :cool: But yes we differ on opinion so I respectfully wish a you a good day :o

Liquid7394
26-05-2015, 16:58

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

J-Stephens76
26-05-2015, 17:10
The differance for me is how each studio handled their own issues. I never bought Drive Club and I have Project Cars on PS4 so i dont have the X1 issues but watching from a far they both handled it differantly which in my opinion makes all of the differance. Drive Club was said to be free to al PSN subscibers at launch. That never happened. Not a big deal other then it generated tons of hype as a free game. They never delivered. Not only did they not deliver, they acted as though they never said it. From what I have seen from Project Cars is the devs standing behind the game and listening to issues and addressing them. Are they as quick as everyone wants, i suppose not but they are involved and not turning a deaf ear to the community. For me it is not making me feel i am just a number on a chart. T10 use to be really good at being involved with the community. That was one of the big draws I had to Forza from 1-5.

BSDShoes
26-05-2015, 18:31
I've had Driveclub since not long after it released and I find it be bland.

Bounkass
26-05-2015, 18:40
You both have valid points. Now shut up and enjoy the game you prefer more. You're like a bunch of kids flaming on Facebook over which gaming platform is the best. Well, you know what? Real life is best. Get over yourselves.

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 18:49
Also there isn't really that much choice on PS4, if there was a new instalment of grand tourismo.
It would have a huge impact in number of active players on driveclub and pCARS.
Once players switch from driveclub to a new game, it doesnt mean driveclub got worse.. it means there is a better/newer alternative

JessicaWalter
26-05-2015, 19:01
i got driveclub and it's fine for what it is, but i prefer the depth and accuracy of project cars. that's why I'm at the project cars forum.

driveclub has a lot of cars but it's better suited for people that just want some quick races without having to learn how the cars or game handle. the rewards for playing are commensurate to the effort required to play, imho.

Martini Da Gasalini
26-05-2015, 19:23
do you respect Justin Bieber only because his social media is very active? :p

That is the best example of a metaphor I have seen in a good while :)

Martini Da Gasalini
26-05-2015, 19:28
I think the same. I'm really happy playing this game and I much prefer to get a game early if it's playable than to wait another 2 years. But still, this game has problems and some of them are huge (at least for some people). We did pay 100% of the price but didn't get 100% of the game yet, which seems to be okay nowadays.

But at least let us know what issues will be fixed in the next update / patch and let us know about the timeframe! If you have to hand it to Sony for testing/QA/whatever, let us know! "Hey community, the second patch is out to Sony, we'll have to wait for them to approve it. It will fix the following things ..." What is so hard about that? Seriously!

No dude I'm sorry this game is VERY playable, does it have bugs..mmmm yes, but what game doesn't? are they huge? I would say no since the game is very playable, I can tell you what is unfinished though, Destiny is unfinished, Battle Field 4 was VERY unfinished and some what unplayable, you need to look at the debut of BF4 and the shit that EA put out upon launch just as a perspective.

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 20:46
OP , you saying I missed out for not getting drive club?

KK78
26-05-2015, 20:56
i got driveclub and it's fine for what it is, but i prefer the depth and accuracy of project cars. that's why I'm at the project cars forum.

driveclub has a lot of cars but it's better suited for people that just want some quick races without having to learn how the cars or game handle. the rewards for playing are commensurate to the effort required to play, imho.

With respect to be very good at Driveclub you'll spend an awful lot of time getting to know the cars and tracks because each car handles very differently, take the Koniggsegg One : 1 and then the La Ferrari out and you'll see what I mean. The leaderboards tell their own story, to be at the top takes a lot of skill & practice, just like Project Cars. You'll see that many of the top players in Driveclub are now also topping Leaderboards in Project Cars.

KK78
26-05-2015, 21:03
The differance for me is how each studio handled their own issues. I never bought Drive Club and I have Project Cars on PS4 so i dont have the X1 issues but watching from a far they both handled it differantly which in my opinion makes all of the differance. Drive Club was said to be free to al PSN subscibers at launch. That never happened. Not a big deal other then it generated tons of hype as a free game. They never delivered. Not only did they not deliver, they acted as though they never said it. From what I have seen from Project Cars is the devs standing behind the game and listening to issues and addressing them.

I'm sorry but that is absolute rubbish, if you had played the game you'd see the PS+ version was advertised on the store for ages and week after week on social media Evolution gives updates as to it's progress, there is now a free tour (put up about 2 months ago) that is for new players who move across from the PS+ version after it arrives. It never happened so far because of the technical issues merging a free game would cause with the existing game (leaderboards, ghosts, available cars, limited tracks) Sony and Evolution are both to blame but neither have ever denied it was promised (hell there is a 'coming soon' video of the PS+ version from the devs on Youtube) but you know what? I'm very glad they are making sure it works before unleashing it on those who have paid good money for the full version.

JayChristmas
26-05-2015, 21:13
With respect to be very good at Driveclub you'll spend an awful lot of time getting to know the cars and tracks because each car handles very differently, take the Koniggsegg One : 1 and then the La Ferrari out and you'll see what I mean. The leaderboards tell their own story, to be at the top takes a lot of skill & practice, just like Project Cars. You'll see that many of the top players in Driveclub are now also topping Leaderboards in Project Cars.

They are topping it, because the game is two weeks out i think! And there still is a different between consoles and computer! Most people, who realy drive well are running on PC, cause of the better Performance, better games, better compatibilty!
The times at PC and Konsoles are different right now too! The boarder at oc has better results and laptimes i think
Have a look after a few month, and what is wrong, when a arcade gamer changes to a good sim races? :) all good

IrideGravity
26-05-2015, 21:13
I agree I'm really enjoying the game and I'm positive that when the bugs are sorted its will be a truly amazing game. I think what's frustrating fans is the all the delays and the promise that the delays are to remove all bugs and give fans a 100% finished and polished game which just isn't true. The other frustration is the lack of news on the progress of fixes/patches. All people need is a rough date and information about what will be fixed and I think people will calm down and give the guys a break. As I've said to many people this game has massive potential but its not there yet and unfortunately wasn't 100% finished on release which is the cause of the frustration.

Here here. Well said. ^^^^^
No news is generally bad news. No one here should believe anything will be fixed. Until it is. No schedules, no bug priority list. Just a lot of "be patient and don't complain too loud about it being broken", but it is. Just a vehicle for practice, not at all a complete game. Just a mess that no one acknowledges as a mess even.
It's ridiculous how long the list of broken things is. No part of the game is anywhere near complete. This is a PC port people. Don't hold your breath, especially if no one cares to put together a thread to look for answers about what may or may not be fixed.
Holding out for an under $20 price on steam for the actual game.

IrideGravity
26-05-2015, 21:19

The hard part is following through on a promise or commitment. Easier just not to make them and leave players in the dark. So it seems.

IrideGravity
26-05-2015, 21:59
No dude I'm sorry this game is VERY playable, does it have bugs..mmmm yes, but what game doesn't? are they huge? I would say no since the game is very playable, I can tell you what is unfinished though, Destiny is unfinished, Battle Field 4 was VERY unfinished and Playable, you need to look at the debut of BF4 and the shit that EA put out upon launch just as a perspective.

Don't make excuses for lazy development & GREED. Games used to ALL be finished before the birth of the internet patch. Anyone born before the internet will remind you how much better it used to be before these charlatans got hold of the dreaded internet patch. Those were the days. You made something epic or the players didn't touch it. Was no such thing as an unfinished game.

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 22:03
OK I think you've spread enough negativity for one evening IrideGravity.
If you don't have anything worthwile to add, refrain from posting please. Thanks.

IrideGravity
26-05-2015, 22:10
Sweet. Why not just have you write a script for me? If your looking for something positive. I do agree there's a good physics engine buried under all this mess. Still true. Care to point me in the direction of the fixes or bug thread I can keep up on? That's a positive helpful move on your part. I get that threats are quicker & easier.
But I just don't care. I'm still gonna have my opinion until you steal it from me.

Prophet216
26-05-2015, 22:11
No dude I'm sorry this game is VERY playable, does it have bugs..mmmm yes, but what game doesn't? are they huge? I would say no since the game is very playable, I can tell you what is unfinished though, Destiny is unfinished, Battle Field 4 was VERY unfinished and Playable, you need to look at the debut of BF4 and the shit that EA put out upon launch just as a perspective.

its not playable, well you can drive around the track and do it online. but other than that it does not function, not enough to tune a car for a race during qualifying, not enough to play a career, not enough to understand whats going on. you can break all kinds of stuff but cant see whats broke, or even see what tires you have on

Prophet216
26-05-2015, 22:17
Don't make excuses for lazy development & GREED. Games used to ALL be finished before the birth of the internet patch. Anyone born before the internet will remind you how much better it used to be before these charlatans got hold of the dreaded internet patch. Those were the days. You made something epic or the players didn't touch it. Was no such thing as an unfinished game.

that is super negative but i support him. the internet patch should be an instrument to improve the game, not one to give developers the ability to sell a foundation and work on it as they go. Admins/Moderators i onlysecond this because i believe in this game, and i think it will get there, but i expected more and was let down. Seems to be the standard, i hope you guys set a new standard :)

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 22:18
its not playable, well you can drive around the track and do it online. but other than that it does not function, not enough to tune a car for a race during qualifying, not enough to play a career, not enough to understand whats going on. you can break all kinds of stuff but cant see whats broke, or even see what tires you have on

Wow, are you really serious with this?
What you point out has nothing to do with playability.
You talk about missing comfort settings, which no one is denying that there are missing things.

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 22:19
Sweet. Why not just have you write a script for me? If your looking for something positive. I do agree there's a good physics engine buried under all this mess. Still true. Care to point me in the direction of the fixes or bug thread I can keep up on? That's a positive helpful move on your part. I get that threats are quicker & easier.
But I just don't care. I'm still gonna have my opinion until you steal it from me.

You could start with the various known issues threads for example if you have specific problems.
There's also a forum search function you can use.

Btw. I'm not threatening you. But calling the devs lazy and greedy serves no purpose other than spread negativity.

jason
26-05-2015, 22:28
It was just to say that the devs will get there in the end and that I have faith in the product.

Is it possible for a admin to delete the whole thread.

IrideGravity
26-05-2015, 22:30
You could start with the various known issues threads for example if you have specific problems.
There's also a forum search function you can use.

Btw. I'm not threatening you. But calling the devs lazy and greedy serves no purpose other than spread negativity.

I see multiple USER created threads that list problems and occasionally I see a moderator come around to confirm they are known. That's of very little value to me and all really pointless IMO.
Would love to see an OFFICIAL thread. Preferably stickied. Run by a mod or developer. One where you could keep tabs on what's been prioritized to be fixed or it's current status. I don't see anything officially being fixed, just known. Maybe I'm in the wrong spot or I don't know where to find it. When I do, I'll be a lot more useful and able to pass on real info instead of my own opinion. But I also recognize the mods or whoever would pass this along if anything was to be reported, at least I assume they would. So I'm working on the no fixes promised assumption currently until I hear otherwise. I'm really just here for the best info possible. It's easy to become jaded when you can't find good answers to good questions.

KK78
26-05-2015, 22:34

Yeah I remember the good old days, one player games with 8 levels and not a single multiplayer mode in sight, you could play with 2 whole players if you had a friend to sit with and once the game was out that's what you got, whether it worked or not, whether it had longevity or not and when you were done with it well you'd struggle to trade it/sell it.

I remember car games on the NES, SNES, Megadrive and Gamebcube that had as many as 10 whole tracks and 7 whole cars!!

Yep those were the good old days.

It may be the lowest form of wit but it's still wit.

KK78
26-05-2015, 22:35
They are topping it, because the game is two weeks out i think! And there still is a different between consoles and computer! Most people, who realy drive well are running on PC, cause of the better Performance, better games, better compatibilty!
The times at PC and Konsoles are different right now too! The boarder at oc has better results and laptimes i think
Have a look after a few month, and what is wrong, when a arcade gamer changes to a good sim races? :) all good

From what I can make from this post it sounds like a PC elitist making a very bad post from a very poorly thought out point.

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 22:37
I see multiple USER created threads that list problems and occasionally I see a moderator come around to confirm they are known. That's of very little value to me and all really pointless IMO.
Would love to see an OFFICIAL thread. Preferably stickied. Run by a mod or developer. One where you could keep tabs on what's been prioritized to be fixed or it's current status. I don't see anything officially being fixed, just known. Maybe I'm in the wrong spot or I don't know where to find it. When I do, I'll be a lot more useful and able to pass on real info instead of my own opinion. But I also recognize the mods or whoever would pass this along if anything was to be reported, at least I assume they would. So I'm working on the no fixes promised assumption currently until I hear otherwise. I'm really just here for the best info possible. It's easy to become jaded when you can't find good answers to good questions.

You mean threads like these?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22497-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28XB1%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Update-22-05

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PS4%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-22-05

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PC%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-22-05

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues-UPDATED-22-05

And if you want to know how to give feedback:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21846-PLEASE-READ-How-to-report-issues

Thread closed as it serves no purpose anymore.