PDA

View Full Version : Deadzone Removal Falloff fixed the FFB for my GT3RSv2 & Fanatec CSR

schigara
26-05-2015, 05:59
EDIT: The setting I am referring to is not "Deadzone Removal Range". I am referring to the setting just below that called "Deadzone Removal Falloff".

I have tried for many months to get the FFB to feel natural like RF2 and while I could get almost all the "feels" right there was still a heavy centering spring feeling that I could not get rid of until tonight. I tried Jacks tweak files and all the old and new suggestions from Bmanic but my wheel(Fanatec GT3RSv2) still felt like it would hit a spring loaded ball bearing when passing the center 0 degree point when turning back and forth. This was noticeable in every car. On the wheel settings it didn't matter if the centering spring was off or on.

I decided to mess with some settings tonight and, out of frustration, I just started moving sliders one at time all the way down and then all the way up. This went on for a while until I finally got to "Deadzone Removal Falloff" which was at .01 by default so I turned it down to .00 and it got worse so I turned it up to .07 and almost got rid of the center bump in the wheel so I turned it all the way up to .10 and it is great. I call really feel the tires loading now that there is no hard bump in the center to get past as it is fluid motion now like it should be.

It is such a relief that I can now get to fine tuning the FFB as it was impossible before. I can actually drive Pcars now without hating the FFB.

If that setting is working properly, I can't imagine why anyone would want it anywhere but all the way to the right at .10. Is this a bug for my particular wheel or what? Right now it feels almost as good as RF2 or GSCE and I still got some fine tuning to do.

N0body Of The Goat
26-05-2015, 14:09
Google Wheelcheck 1.72, run the "min force" program from the scrollbar menu, it will give you a % figure down the bottom when complete.

For my GT3 RS v1, it was 6.5%, so I use 0.06 Deadzone Removal Zone.

schigara
26-05-2015, 14:42
Google Wheelcheck 1.72, run the "min force" program from the scrollbar menu, it will give you a % figure down the bottom when complete.

I'm not talking about Deadzone Removal Range. I am referring to the setting below that called Deadzone Removal Falloff. By the way, I did already use Wheelcheck 1.72 to get my deadzone range and set it to .09.

diddles
27-05-2015, 22:34
I've tried it on my T100 on the ps4, as I was getting the sama feeling when going past centre or having the steering centered. Its so much better now with dead zone removal at 0.15 and dead zone fall off at 10 instead of the default 0.1.

CeeBee2001
28-05-2015, 01:08
This works a treat on my Fanatec CSR which I think shares the same internals. Feels lovely now, like a real car after new shocks have been fitted :) Thanks for the tip, OP!

schigara
28-05-2015, 02:03
This works a treat on my Fanatec CSR which I think shares the same internals. Feels lovely now, like a real car after new shocks have been fitted :) Thanks for the tip, OP!

Yes they do share the same internals. I am glad it has helped you and diddles. I can't remember how many months ago this problem began but I have hated driving it ever since. It might have been when I updated the firmware in the wheel or it could have been back in October 2014 when all the work was being done to bring all the FFB settings into the GUI.

I had almost given up on Pcars altogether and said I would give it one more night to figure it out and finally found it.

Flihp
28-05-2015, 04:10
It works well for me too, thanks ., still getting a slight step in between , left to right, but pretty damn good. Perhaps we should also discuss some of the other settings we find to work with our gt2,gt3 and csr wheels. Some of the other ffb thread out there are not working all the well for me. I spent two weeks trying to get something semi decent. Then tried with your suggested falloff setting, and started all others settings fresh, and within an hour or so , now have something that feels a hell of a lot better. So once again many thanks to OP for giving me less grey hairs, or baldness, lol

Phil

schigara
28-05-2015, 04:36
It works well for me too, thanks ., still getting a slight step in between , left to right, but pretty damn good. Perhaps we should also discuss some of the other settings we find to work with our gt2,gt3 and csr wheels.

Phil

You welcome Phil. I really thought it was just me for quite a long time. You might also try increasing the arm angle in the car specific FFB settings. It's at the very bottom of the Spindle settings page. You will have to use the down arrow on the keyboard to get down to it since there is a UI bug that prevents the mousewheel from scrolling down that far.

TassyDevil
28-05-2015, 05:31

I feel a real noob asking this but how do you run this wheelcheck program?

Lars Rosenquist
28-05-2015, 06:15
I feel a real noob asking this but how do you run this wheelcheck program?

Check this topic: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE

TassyDevil
28-05-2015, 06:42
Thanks Lars
My wheel is Fanatec CSW and reads 0.0%.
Would that be correct, I read others have all sorts of setting but 0% is that ok?

Lars Rosenquist
28-05-2015, 06:46
If that's what Wheelcheck says, then yes. :) There's also a table with common values in this topic: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

The CSW was reported several times to have 0.00 deadzone removal range. :)

schigara
28-05-2015, 06:48
Thanks Lars
My wheel is Fanatec CSW and reads 0.0%.
Would that be correct, I read others have all sorts of setting but 0% is that ok?

That sounds right as the CSW has very little internal resistance. I have seen some CSW users say Wheelcheck reported anywhere from 0-2%.

TassyDevil
28-05-2015, 07:09
Hi Schigara
My wheel is a Fanatec CSW and after running the wheelcheck (with help from Lara:) ) my maximum value for steeringFFBBaseOffset is 0.0% (0).
I set the Deadzone Removal Range to 0.00 and the Deadzone Removal Falloff to .10.
I have been researching about the FFB since day one some 3 weeks ago and came across Jack Slade's great tweaks and now use his No.3 FFB tweak which made a whole lot of difference to Pcars.
Now after setting the Deadzones to the above and I don't know whether this is just a placebo effect but it gives a really different and great FFB feeling.

Thanks for this and I will pass this setting on to others to try and will come back with their experiences.

:triumphant:

TassyDevil
28-05-2015, 12:33
Have a friend (in UK) GT3 RS V2 and brother (in Sydney) G27 and both have Jack Slade's tweaks and now also this fix for Deadzone Removal Range etc and they are both wrapped in how good this as made their FFB.

Thanks heaps Schigara :yes:

schigara
28-05-2015, 16:27
Have a friend (in UK) GT3 RS V2 and brother (in Sydney) G27 and both have Jack Slade's tweaks and now also this fix for Deadzone Removal Range etc and they are both wrapped in how good this as made their FFB.

Thanks heaps Schigara :yes:

Welcome Tassy. I am glad the Deadzone Falloff helped you guys as much as me.

..AST..reaper
28-05-2015, 22:44
What other primary settings are you using? If you don't mind...

schigara
28-05-2015, 22:51
What other primary settings are you using? If you don't mind...

Pretty much default except for deadzone range at .09 . Tire force and ffb are both default at 100. In car specific ffb settings I lower all smoothing to 0 and lower Fy to about 40-50 and Fz to about 80. I have been trying Spade's new 1.5 tweak files since getting rid of the big issue with falloff but I still want to go and customize each car's ffb on my own once I get some spare time.

..AST..reaper
28-05-2015, 23:45
Interesting. I'll try the dead zone range. -- I think I'm at .03. I've been using the new jack spade 60% folder with soft clip at .5 and full clip at 1.7. No issues but I can't decide if it feels right or not. Thanks, bud.

schigara
29-05-2015, 00:20
Interesting. I'll try the dead zone range. -- I think I'm at .03. I've been using the new jack spade 60% folder with soft clip at .5 and full clip at 1.7. No issues but I can't decide if it feels right or not. Thanks, bud.

Is your wheel a GT3rs or a CSR?

..AST..reaper
29-05-2015, 04:35
Gt3rsv2. It feels good -- no ball bearing feel in the middle. But with the falloff at .10 I can create the ball bearing feel if the gain is too high or compression via clipping is off. There is a sweet spot

HBR-Roadhog
29-05-2015, 04:53
I had been wondering what that adjustment was for, had not tried it yet so good info here. Will try it tomorrow on my CSR Elite and see how it feels. I had already tweaked the removal range a bit but sounds like the falloff setting can make it feel better still.

missy455
08-07-2015, 19:54
EDIT: The setting I am referring to is not "Deadzone Removal Range". I am referring to the setting just below that called "Deadzone Removal Falloff".

I have tried for many months to get the FFB to feel natural like RF2 and while I could get almost all the "feels" right there was still a heavy centering spring feeling that I could not get rid of until tonight. I tried Jacks tweak files and all the old and new suggestions from Bmanic but my wheel(Fanatec GT3RSv2) still felt like it would hit a spring loaded ball bearing when passing the center 0 degree point when turning back and forth. This was noticeable in every car. On the wheel settings it didn't matter if the centering spring was off or on.

I decided to mess with some settings tonight and, out of frustration, I just started moving sliders one at time all the way down and then all the way up. This went on for a while until I finally got to "Deadzone Removal Falloff" which was at .01 by default so I turned it down to .00 and it got worse so I turned it up to .07 and almost got rid of the center bump in the wheel so I turned it all the way up to .10 and it is great. I call really feel the tires loading now that there is no hard bump in the center to get past as it is fluid motion now like it should be.

It is such a relief that I can now get to fine tuning the FFB as it was impossible before. I can actually drive Pcars now without hating the FFB.

If that setting is working properly, I can't imagine why anyone would want it anywhere but all the way to the right at .10. Is this a bug for my particular wheel or what? Right now it feels almost as good as RF2 or GSCE and I still got some fine tuning to do.

Thanks for your post:D

Masterlord
16-09-2015, 18:54
Hi, Can You give me a good Configuration for T500rs on ps4? Thanks

Zeke Bewlay
17-09-2015, 10:52
Tried this but just ended up with a soft slushy spot I the middle of the steering...