PDA

View Full Version : formula a : car spins when i go on trottle

darthmoul
26-05-2015, 08:53
can some one say me how to solve this problem.

when i drive out of the pits and want to go on trottle , the car spins.
only when i give a little bit gas is wont.
this happens in every slow corner and straight also
is there a setting so solve this throttle problem?

Mattias
26-05-2015, 08:59
Are you using "real" assists? Assists which the car has in real life?

Well, whether or not you do... smooth inputs is key.
Go slower on the throttle until you are up to speed.
And never go full throttle if you have the wheel turned.
You only want full throttle on straights.

It's a powerful car so you need to be careful.

FA RACING 01
26-05-2015, 09:24
^^^ what he said. What also helps for me with that car is not going lower than 2nd gear [sometimes even 3rd] on corner exit for sharp corners and remain in 3rd or even 4th in higher speed corners. Short shifting also helps in certain circumstances. Lowering your diff accel lock will most certainly also help in most instances.

Haiden
26-05-2015, 12:20
You can also try increasing the gear ratio for 1st and 2nd (moving the slider more toward speed), until you get the hang of it. A longer first and second gear, will dampen the power and allow you to apply more acceleration. Once you get used to that, you can ease it back down. But, like Mattias said above. It's a very powerful car. Smooth, controlled acceleration is an absolute requirement, and one of the first things you have to master.

darthmoul
26-05-2015, 13:16
You can also try increasing the gear ratio for 1st and 2nd (moving the slider more toward speed), until you get the hang of it. A longer first and second gear, will dampen the power and allow you to apply more acceleration. Once you get used to that, you can ease it back down. But, like Mattias said above. It's a very powerful car. Smooth, controlled acceleration is an absolute requirement, and one of the first things you have to master.

tks for you help guys.

so if i got it right,

at diferential

so i can set the limited slip acceleration lock lower for beter handeling of the throttle.
not the deceleration lock.and longer first gear, slider to the right side is longer.

Haiden
26-05-2015, 17:13
tks for you help guys.

so if i got it right,

at diferential

so i can set the limited slip acceleration lock lower for beter handeling of the throttle.
not the deceleration lock.and longer first gear, slider to the right side is longer.

Yes. Although, I would try the longer gear ratio first, because power is the only thing affected. Adjusting the slip differential will allow for more power coming out of turns, but it may affect your turning ability. Since your problem is likely just a matter of honing your acceleration control, I'd try gear ratio first. Remember: only tune what's broken and try to select adjustments that have the least amount of performance overlap. Also, until you get the hang of it and learn the effects of different settings, only change on thing at a time. Otherwise, you won't know what did what. :)

TrevorAustin
26-05-2015, 18:15
You can't just slam the accel down on a formula 1 car, in 1st, 2nd or even 3rd sometimes, as what happens is exactly what would happen in real life. I never accelerate in 2nd exiting a bend until I'm going exactly straight.

hkraft300
26-05-2015, 19:59
You can't smash the throttle in 1st/2nd gear in ANY car with over 300hp coming out of a corner and expect it to stick.
You have to straighten the car up before you get on the throttle.
Learn proper car control technique - Traction and stability control will only help so much.

TheLethalDose
27-05-2015, 01:21
Will all of these types of threads popping up, would be cool if Project Cars had some.kind of "driving school" tutorial or tests for each car class you advance in career mode.

I forget the ideas of throttle control and slow in fast out etc. are foreign to a lot of people.

Pervasive
27-05-2015, 02:10
Chatting with and racing with a bunch of good guys helps this out immensely.

Smooth on the throttle. Short shifting or using a gear above wher you have the issue.

Lower accel diff until it's more manageable for you but still requires you to use throttle control. It's analog, think about how little you actually use throttle in real car. It's almost always smooth and finite movements.

But I wouldn't be ashamed to turn on TCS while you get use to it, but I pay attention to the TCS on the dash or HUD so I can see when I'm triggering it. And I try to not trigger it.

Practice on a slower car. No TCS.

hkraft300
27-05-2015, 10:13
With all of these types of threads popping up, would be cool if Project Cars had some.kind of "driving school" tutorial or tests for each car class you advance in career mode.

I forget the ideas of throttle control and slow in fast out etc. are foreign to a lot of people.

True this is enough of a sim that you need a fair bit of background knowledge (frankly you gotta be fairly into car racing) to not be completely lost.

Although doing the career mode will go a long way to teaching you as you progress from karts to faster cars, the option of turning AI difficulty to 0 defeats that purpose.

Anyway, somebody posted this video on another thread. Worth a watch for noobs and pros.
Skip Barber: Going Faster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQRmYMlmdqM

Mattias
27-05-2015, 10:39
Yeah, I just hope they implement a driving school soon in-game under the solo section.
Or whatever that "coming soon" will be.

That video is great and comes with a book as well with exercises if I'm not mistaken.

I'd highly recommend this book for learning to become faster:
http://www.motorbooks.com/books/Ultimate-Speed-Secrets/9780760340509/4185
Ultimate Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley.
I've read this more than halfway now and it is great!
Applying what you've learned is another story, lots of practice, practice and practice!

I also found this recently:
http://www.amazon.com/Going-Nowhere-Assetto-Corsa-2015-05-01-ebook/dp/B00NS918M4
The information in this book can be used for all simracers from what I've read.
I have only checked out the preview of the book but it looks interesting checking out the table of contents.
Will probably start on this one after I've finished Ultimate Speed Secrets.

I am however also looking for a book which can teach tuning in an efficient and concise matter.
Anyone knows one? Or maybe someone will create a very nice guide soon for pCars.
The stickied video thread is awesome and will hopefully be completed soon, just can't wait for the "overview" videos which tunes a car for a specific track. :)

Pervasive
27-05-2015, 12:16
Very nice vid, thanks for posting

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 03:57
Get a Super Karting Championship under you belt and come try some wips. The Staged Training Rig I'm letting people drive will teach the worst as long as you do as you're told, I mean, asked! This week (all the time) we've been to sandy Dubia and sorted the wheelspin you boys keep moaning about. Now then, no silly questions, see ya dan da pits.:(

Then they all got busy with da fizzy, yeah boiyee!