PDA

View Full Version : Why i want this game on my Wii U.

rbmoura
26-05-2015, 08:59
Well, i know that at the end you guys are going to need to take a business decision and the fact the there are some (at least a few) die hard racing fans out there that only own a wii u and dont game on PC will not make much diference.

Anyway i just wanted to say that this game looks like a masterpiece to me. The amount of love for racing that is aparent in every detail of it made me imediately in love with it.

I love racing too, specially F1, but im a big nintendo fan and like all my gaming needs to be satisfied by a single device, thats why i have been playing F1 2009 for the wii, for years now, adn when i heard that this unbelievable game was coming to the wii u, i went nuts.

I think that the fact that this game exists, is amazing enough, but thet fact that was coming to my little mario box :) was even more unbelievable. As a nintendo fan you guys know that im not all about graphics, and although i apreciate them, what i realy love about this game is the amazing physics and deep carrer mode, so i wouldnt mind at all a downgraded version (it would still be millions of times better then my F1 2009).

Anyway, you guys made me dream with this game and hope i dont have to wait for nintendo nx, two or three years down the road, to experiencie this labor of love. have a nice day.

Godnimon
26-05-2015, 10:44
Sorry to rain on your parade, but the game is not happening...

They just realized few months before the release that the console is not powerfull enough, how the hell didnīt they knew before? Nobody knows.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 10:46
Sorry to rain on your parade, but the game is not happening...

They just realized few months before the release that the console is not powerfull enough, how the hell didnīt they knew before? Nobody knows.

Whining and hyperbole. You do know that 'they' are right here, reading your posts?

EpicU
26-05-2015, 10:51
Whining and hyperbole. You do know that 'they' are right here, reading your posts?

Better run! 'They' are after your blood!

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 10:54
Better run! 'They' are after your blood!

Not really :)

I'd very much like people to communicate here as if they are face to face.

dustyjo
26-05-2015, 11:42
I really hope you guys can make this game work on the WiiU without too many sacrifices. I'd buy a copy day one.

Fritsie23
26-05-2015, 11:48
Hi Ian Bell,

You told in a earlier post that graphical sacrifices needed to be made to make a Wii U version of Project CARS. Is it possible to be more specific which sacrifices need to be made to create a Wii U version and make it run on 30fps? Also it has been told that the physics engine uses a lot of CPU, Is it enough to make graphical sacrifices with such a heavy physics engine?

Added myself to the forum today because I am really looking forward to the Wii U release, day one buy!

Revvin
26-05-2015, 12:03
I shelled out for a pretty sweet dual screen setup for this, can't wait

bmanic
26-05-2015, 12:07
Hi Ian Bell,

You told in a earlier post that graphical sacrifices needed to be made to make a Wii U version of Project CARS. Is it possible to be more specific which sacrifices need to be made to create a Wii U version and make it run on 30fps? Also it has been told that the physics engine uses a lot of CPU, Is it enough to make graphical sacrifices with such a heavy physics engine?

Added myself to the forum today because I am really looking forward to the Wii U release, day one buy!

A lot more than graphic sacrifices have to be made. Ian was very clear on this earlier. Here's the bit I understood:

- Currently the game seems to run 23fps on the wii u (unclear though if this is best case or worst case scenario)
- Game MUST run at least 30fps or it can not be released (a rule set by Nintendo?)
- To achieve this the current SETA tire model can not be used (we knew this already since SETA was released) so Wii U will have the old Brush tire model (Apparently the advanced SETA tire model eats up two whole cores of CPU on the PS4 and Xbone)
- Dynamic weather as it is now will not be possible
- Much smaller grid sizes for both MP and Single Player (this is speculation on my part but there has been some hints towards this)
- 720p resolution

menaceuk
26-05-2015, 12:22
I read somewhere today that the Wii U version has stalled at 720P@23FPS.

EDIT:I see the man above me beat me to it.

Fritsie23
26-05-2015, 12:29
A lot more than graphic sacrifices have to be made. Ian was very clear on this earlier. Here's the bit I understood:

- Currently the game seems to run 23fps on the wii u (unclear though if this is best case or worst case scenario)
- Game MUST run at least 30fps or it can not be released (a rule set by Nintendo?)
- To achieve this the current SETA tire model can not be used (we knew this already since SETA was released) so Wii U will have the old Brush tire model (Apparently the advanced SETA tire model eats up two whole cores of CPU on the PS4 and Xbone)
- Dynamic weather as it is now will not be possible
- Much smaller grid sizes for both MP and Single Player (this is speculation on my part but there has been some hints towards this)
- 720p resolution

Thanks for clearing that up for me! So more than just graphical sacrifices it is.
Looking at Cost and benefit? Is it possible? Don't understand me wrong I still want to play it on Wii U even with the sacrifices made. I am just trying to get a grip on the opportunities and threats for the Wii U project. For me it is okay if they made the changes I am still really looking forward to a Wii U release!

episteme
26-05-2015, 13:53
I hope you know that the raging guys that signed up yesterday because of the news aren't representative for the entire Nintendo community...

So, it should be clear by now that Nintendo won't announce a new home console at this year's E3 and it probably won't release before 2017.
Does that mean that you'll try to get the Wii U version to 30FPS or will there be no Nintendo version at all? PC in 2017 would make no sense.

Project Cars on Wii U was interesting because it wouldn't have been a port from X360 like other multiplats and it's disappointing to hear that it doesn't seem to work so far.

I could run the game better on PC, but my best friends are on Wii U and many of them were interested in the game as well. I'm part of a German-speaking community that organizes all kinds of Wii U multiplayer online sessions (not only Mario Kart and Smash Bros.) and we had high hopes in PC. But I also have to say that some of us got tired of all the delays and that most threads about Project Cars on Wii U turn into trolling threads against the Wii U in general.

That said, you could definitley count on my purchase if it turns out to be good "for a Wii U game". I know of course that you can't do miracles and sacrifices would have to be made.

bmanic
26-05-2015, 17:28
Personally I think that if they can release a Wii U version with a slightly updated Brush Tire Model (the old model and the one the AI is currently using) and just make static weather instead of dynamic then I'd be more than happy to play it on Wii U. It'd still be the only true simulator on the system.. heck it'd be the only true simulator ever released for a Nintendo device as far as I know.

Lets not forget that the BTM (brush tire model) was already exceptionally advanced and with proper constants/settings it'll perform very well indeed so the loss of SETA tire model isn't such a big deal for the Wii U in my opinion.

More troubling is losing the dynamic time of day and weather as that is what makes pCars so unique and so fun. Surely there must be some tricks that can be used to "fake" it. Pre-baked stuff would be an acceptable compromise in my opinion.

Dorny
26-05-2015, 17:34
Personally I think that if they can release a Wii U version with a slightly updated Brush Tire Model (the old model and the one the AI is currently using) and just make static weather instead of dynamic then I'd be more than happy to play it on Wii U. It'd still be the only true simulator on the system.. heck it'd be the only true simulator ever released for a Nintendo device as far as I know.

Lets not forget that the BTM (brush tire model) was already exceptionally advanced and with proper constants/settings it'll perform very well indeed so the loss of SETA tire model isn't such a big deal for the Wii U in my opinion.

More troubling is losing the dynamic time of day and weather as that is what makes pCars so unique and so fun. Surely there must be some tricks that can be used to "fake" it. Pre-baked stuff would be an acceptable compromise in my opinion.

Its not Pcars then if you use a different physics engine, and BTM had its own problems and would bring back what people didnt like about shift 1 and 2. The Wii U has always had a fairly weak CPU, its been said by many other developers and with Pcars using an advanced physics engine and using dynamic lighting etc, that drains alot of the resource of the limited CPU processing power. It doesnt matter how good the graphics card is (from what I've read its pretty decent for a console) when you have a game that is CPU dependent like a simulator, its going to be heavily crippled by a weak CPU. Any one with a PC will have come across games that are more CPU dependant than GPU dependant and will notice that thye get poor performance out of a game even though there graphics card is amazing.

Mario kart is a very basic game processing wise, so it can afford to just fully ultilise the good GPU in the Wii U to bring out the visuals. Same with Need for speed most wanted, its not a very advanced game so again visuals can be ramped up.

Toxic
26-05-2015, 17:44

I am not sure they could simply switch out the tire model? I guess this would have an affect on pretty much everything else from a physics perspective. Would AI be impacted too? Im no expert so would be interested to know.

Looks to me like it would be a completely different game if scaled down for the WiiU. Take all of the above away and you lose the games individuality.

Dorny
26-05-2015, 17:47
I am not sure they could simply switch out the tire model? I guess this would have an affect on pretty much everything else from a physics perspective. Would AI be impacted too? Im no expert so would be interested to know.

Looks to me like it would be a completely different game if scaled down for the WiiU. Take all of the above away and you lose the games individuality.

The AI already use the BTM physics, its only the players car that uses the much more advanced STM model. If we had the AI cars using STM it would bring even the monsters of gaming PC to their knees. If they switch back to BTM tire, that would essentially mean all the cars are starting from scratch again physics wise.

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 17:47
I'm totally guessing here but i think SMS also has a certain quality level to maintain.
They might need to scale down on the tire model and day/night and wheather cycles just to have it run smoothly (30fps+).

It would be great for the Wii U community if they could do that so they would be able to have a sim aswell.
But there is a point where it becomes damaging to the games reputation, there is only some much you can cut
away or downgrade before it becomes a different game then intended to.

pichuscute
26-05-2015, 18:21
What I'm wondering is how have they managed the 23 fps on Wii U with the current version of the game? If the tires are as big of an issue as they say (taking an entire two cores), shouldn't it not be running at all? Obviously, I don't understand how this kind of stuff works at all. I'm just a bit confused haha.

That being said, I'd be willing to see a downgrade in weather and grid sizes, if it meant I got to play the game. I'm not sure how I feel about getting rid of the tires (if it's running already on Wii U). But if it wasn't a major change in terms of how it feels, than that'd be the first thing that should probably be changed.