PDA

View Full Version : Air and engine temp

Kitt
26-05-2015, 10:30
Is the engine temp affected by the air temp,can you drive harder during evening and night races,with
out the engine starting to over heat?reson I ask is just doing an endurance race at bathhurst and was having to short shift to stop the engine overheating,then once the night came I noticed that I could hold the revs for longer without any over heating.

Machinist90
26-05-2015, 10:31
could be a stupid question but where do you read the temp of engine? Motec screen?

Kitt
26-05-2015, 10:34
The temp gauge on the dashboard,and on the chase cam view you start to get plumes of white some if your over heating

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 10:35
Is the engine temp affected by the air temp,can you drive harder during evening and night races,with
out the engine starting to over heat?reson I ask is just doing an endurance race at bathhurst and was having to short shift to stop the engine overheating,then once the night came I noticed that I could hold the revs for longer without any over heating.

Yes. Engine, brake and tire temperatures are affected by ambient/track temperature.

could be a stupid question but where do you read the temp of engine? Motec screen?

Yes it's available on those cars that have a MOTEC display and also for the other cars at the regular cockpit dash instruments.

Rob Prange
26-05-2015, 10:35
Moved to Car Setup forum.

Machinist90
26-05-2015, 10:38
Yes. Engine, brake and tire temperatures are affected by ambient/track temperature.

Yes it's available on those cars that have a MOTEC display and also for the other cars at the regular cockpit dash instruments.

and how do you view it when you drive with speed blur enabled?

Kitt
26-05-2015, 10:40
Wow,I knew the brakes and tyres were affected,didn't know the engine was,pretty cool :)

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 10:40
and how do you view it when you drive with speed blur enabled?

There's no HUD indicator for this unfortunately.

Machinist90
26-05-2015, 10:42
There's no HUD indicator for this unfortunately.

I'll go check the suggestion thread if this has been brought up and if not I'll add it to the list

MULTIVITZ
26-05-2015, 10:46
The temp gauge on the dashboard,and on the chase cam view you start to get plumes of white some if your over heating

That happens to me regularly then! I thought the cars needed more windage!! I wish I was a tiny little virtual race driver with a colourful helmet on, maybe I'd have a chance to read the realistic lcd temp gauges in the game!!!!!
The lcd gauges are notoriously crap in sunlight in real life anyways, I don't know why I'm moaning!

BatteredSav
31-05-2015, 02:42
Does anyone know if the colder denser air will affect downforce as well?