PDA

View Full Version : Help/info needed on strategy and tuning

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 10:35
If tried searching with the advanced serach option, but couldn't find exact anwsers.

1- If i have damage and i pit, how do i only repair damage and not refuel?
(the slider wont allow me to select 0 or less fuel then i started the race with)

2- For example in a RUF GT3 what are the optimal working temperatures for water and oil (when does it get too hot)

3- For example in a RUF GT3 what are the optimal working temperatures for brakes and tires using the soft slik compound
(got my brakes to 400–700C, they become greenish but never red, when will they? and same for tires)

4- Where can i find ambient and track temperatures

I'm doing 7-15laps races, and i'm experiementing with closing brake/radiator ducts and adjusting pressures,
but it would make it more transparent for me if i have better idea of what i'm aiming at C wise

Rob Prange
26-05-2015, 10:40
Moved to Car Setup Talk forum.

FarChri
26-05-2015, 10:55
1. I think that depends on the race (and the rules of it) - try a quick race - there shouldn't be any regulations in this case.
2. Should be fine at 90-100C - at least they didn't cause any damage at my tests.
3. Use the HUD - Close the duct and see what happens. You should drive within the spot, where they don't go red and don't go blue (same for the tires in my opinion).
If 400-700 is green, I would try to get a setup that stays at around 600. This should be good for the aerodynamics too (brake duct will affect this as far as I know).
In a GT3 car, the tire temps should be ok between 90-105.
4. Use the pCARS Profiler - a great tool (not just for your needs here). Also great to monitor / analyse the brake, oil, water and tire temps...

Cheers

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 11:28
1. I think that depends on the race (and the rules of it) - try a quick race - there shouldn't be any regulations in this case.
2. Should be fine at 90-100C - at least they didn't cause any damage at my tests.
3. Use the HUD - Close the duct and see what happens. You should drive within the spot, where they don't go red and don't go blue (same for the tires in my opinion).
If 400-700 is green, I would try to get a setup that stays at around 600. This should be good for the aerodynamics too (brake duct will affect this as far as I know).
In a GT3 car, the tire temps should be ok between 90-105.
4. Use the pCARS Profiler - a great tool (not just for your needs here). Also great to monitor / analyse the brake, oil, water and tire temps...

Cheers

1- if just tried that and some other things in quick race and multiplayer but i can't turn off refuelling, am i the only one or are you guys able to turn refuelling off?

2- thanks for the reference point, i now run at 100-112C no damage detected (i'll just keep pushing till something breaks i guess)

3- Yes i use the MOTEC HUD (if availble in the car), thanks i'm try a setup on loger race with average temp of 600 C and see how that work for me.

4- I have seen the pCARS Profiler and it looks great, have not yet tried it myselve (some of the options should be in the game imo)
Might aswell start using it (i was trying not to.. trying to protect myselve from so much data awesomeness (good thing but time consuming))

TahPope
26-05-2015, 12:43
1. The fuel amount shows how much fuel there will be in your tank after you leave the pits. Slide it to minimum (when you are entering the pits) and there will be no refueling.

FarChri
26-05-2015, 12:50
2. Try to keep them in the green zone (depends on the car) - otherwise they'll wear more (at least when the "wear bug" is fixed).
3. As I said, it depends on the car. Control this with the telemetry HUD.
4. It's just time consuming to create a setup which fits your purposes. When this is done, you won't need much time for it anymore.
It just adds more information to build a good car-setup and control your laptimes and... ok - it's mighty ;)

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 12:54
1. The fuel amount shows how much fuel there will be in your tank after you leave the pits. Slide it to minimum (when you are entering the pits) and there will be no refueling.

Lets say i do a 10 lap race, i start with 40 liters of fuel. (avg 3,8l/ lap)
I'll pit for damage reapairs on lap 8, entering the pit 1 have 10 liters left in my tank.
When i adjust slider comming in to pits or edit strategy the min amount is 40 liters.
So i drive around with 30kg of ballast, for the last 2 laps. Am i doing something wrong
or should we be able to slide between 0-40 liter in this case instead of 40-40+liters.

TahPope
26-05-2015, 13:03
Lets say i do a 10 lap race, i start with 40 liters of fuel. (avg 3,8l/ lap)
I'll pit for damage reapairs on lap 8, entering the pit 1 have 10 liters left in my tank.
When i adjust slider comming in to pits or edit strategy the min amount is 40 liters.
So i drive around with 30kg of ballast, for the last 2 laps. Am i doing something wrong
or should we be able to slide between 0-40 liter in this case instead of 40-40+liters.

If you are entering the pits with 10L of fuel and you can't slide the slider no lower than 40L then there's some bug.
When I start the race with 40L of fuel and by the time I enter the pits some x number of laps later and the amount of fuel is let's say about 10L then the minimum number I can adjust on the slider is 10L. If yours is 40L then there's a bug. :(

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 13:24
If you are entering the pits with 10L of fuel and you can't slide the slider no lower than 40L then there's some bug.
When I start the race with 40L of fuel and by the time I enter the pits some x number of laps later and the amount of fuel is let's say about 10L then the minimum number I can adjust on the slider is 10L. If yours is 40L then there's a bug. :(

Thanks, yes mine wont go below 40 Liters when i enter the pits wit 10 Liters left after first stint. I'll try and work out what causes this,
but still if i enter the pits with 10 liters left (wich is enough to get to the end) why is their a min. of 10 liters in fuel added. Might need some looking in to

FarChri
26-05-2015, 13:32
Not fuel added - fuel in the tank (you enter with 10 liters and leave with 10 liters).

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 13:38
ah ok sorry for the misunderstanding, that was what i was looking for. Just fixing damage without adding fuel:D

Dynomight Motorsports
26-05-2015, 15:39
The profiler isn't available on Consoles is it?

FarChri
26-05-2015, 16:26
The profiler isn't available on Consoles is it?

Unfortunately - exactly.

hkraft300
28-05-2015, 01:37
Sure you have fuel consumption turned on in your gameplay settings? Maybe you're carrying 40L of ballast around :p

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 08:38
Some feel we can't help you as much as we'd like. Re: tuning grind