PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no mention of multilplayer not working from SMS

beagea
26-05-2015, 11:11
Why has no one SMS mentioned the fact that multiplayer not working and why is there not one post or thread from anyone at SMS with regards to that fact?

Is this such as issue that they think by ignoring it will some how go away?

MysterG
26-05-2015, 11:14
'Not working' is a sweeping statement and given there are many posts organising multiplayer events in the relevant sections it can't be true.

There are some issues. What in particular are you referring to?

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 11:15
Why has no one SMS mentioned the fact that multiplayer not working and why is there not one post or thread from anyone at SMS with regards to that fact?

Is this such as issue that they think by ignoring it will some how go away?

Again please, this post could have been perfectly fine without the antagonistic undertones.

Please stop it everyone!

To answer your question, MP works.

Dan77 DESTROYER
26-05-2015, 11:16
Was on multiplayer last night......well into the early hours if the truth be known, worked fine for me

beagea
26-05-2015, 11:30
Ok Ian if so then come and join us for a race in a lobby with our club, and if there is no issue with multiplayer why is xbox support saying that it is a known issue and there are working hand in hand to get the issue fixed?

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 11:35
Ok Ian if so then come and join us for a race in a lobby with our club, and if there is no issue with multiplayer why is xbox support saying that it is a known issue and there are working hand in hand to get the issue fixed?

Not working and 'no issue' are two completely different things. I'm sure you're very well aware of that.

We are constantly working on all reported bugs (31 - keeping a running total on the amount of time I say that).

beagea
26-05-2015, 11:36
The antagonistic tone comes from pure frustration Ian, nothing else, no personal gripe against you per say, just a honest doubt that the game is fully living up to the given promises.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 11:37
The antagonistic tone comes from pure frustration Ian, nothing else, no personal gripe against you per say, just a honest doubt that the game is fully living up to the given promises give.

Understood. I get it also.

On promises, I honestly think the game is excellent. The reviews are great and the sales are very good. When we fix the bugs I think we'll be one of the best out there in the genre.

beagea
26-05-2015, 11:38
now you are just bantering with words

DragonSyr
26-05-2015, 11:40
Understood. I get it also.

On promises, I honestly think the game is excellent. The reviews are great and the sales are very good. When we fix the bugs I think we'll be one of the best out there in the genre.

this is true, because even with the problems, is already the best sim out there....

FederalHercules
26-05-2015, 11:47
Not working and 'no issue' are two completely different things. I'm sure you're very well aware of that.

We are constantly working on all reported bugs (31 - keeping a running total on the amount of time I say that).

Forgive me Ian, but I am struggling to understand what you mean. I think I understand the spirit of what you are saying, but to say MP is working is in contradiction with my own experience.

Would you be willing to divulge which issues you and your team have confirmed and working on fixing? This may help define what "working" means from your perspective.

To the community at large, has a group of nine or more people successfully completed a race weekend (consisting of at least a practice session 15 minutes or longer, a qualifying session 10 minutes or longer, and a race 25 laps or more) online without anyone crashing, getting disconnected, or freezing up?

Our league has tried several times now, and it only begins to "work" once attrition has reduced our player count 8 or less.

D1rty Duck UK
26-05-2015, 11:49
I'm yet to get into an online lobby.

I just get the searching box and that's it?

Raven403
26-05-2015, 11:53
Ok so just to clarify. Multiplayer works for SOME people. Not everyone. Our league cannot play together because multiplayer is so unstable. We arent lying. It is a serious problem. There are multiple threads discussing the issues and a few are already in the Known issues thread but just to Reiterate Sunday Night is usually our league race and it was downright impossible to get it to work for us. And that has been the case every time we have tried to organize a league event. We had lag at times with forza with 16 people, but nothing like whats happening in Pcars, so its not our Interent connections.

-Chat cuts out constantly
-Host freezes or Gets crashed to Dashboard
-Session Change you lose FFB
-Couldnt change view once in session
-Drive option locked once in session
-Once someone joins, someone gets kicked
-Setups Change/Dont Save
-Game has screen blips/Bugs
-Cars jump into/out of view
-Game hard crashed everyone to Dash

Theres more those are just what I can remember at the moment. I understand it must be working for some people, and I am happy to hear that but it just Isnt for our league, and thats 16 guys who really want to race in PCars online with each other and cant. We've had to delay our season because the lobby is just too unreliable. We would gladly welcome anyone from SMS to join us for a race and see for yourself so you know we arent just whinging about little things, It cripples the experience, Thanks guys, just trying to shed some light on what the OP is talking about.

I can search through the forum and find the vids myself and other guys have posted showing SOME of these issues but the best way to see what we mean is to experience it.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 12:00
We do seem to be hearing more issues from US based people on Xbox.

We have raised it internally and are organising a test with Namco US ASAP.

This isn't to the detriment of the rest of the world I hasten to add.

Raven403
26-05-2015, 12:02
We do seem to be hearing more issues from US based people on Xbox.

We have raised it internally and are organising a test with Namco US ASAP.

This isn't to the detriment of the rest of the world I hasten to add.

Thanks, like I said if anyone wants to see for themselves, I know our league would accomodate anyone from the Dev team to display some of the issues. Hopefully its something simple and a quick fix! :)

beagea
26-05-2015, 12:17
We will extend that offer, we are more than willing to put our efforts in to help get things as we all want them

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 12:18
We appreciate the offers guys, we believe you. The only way to nail your issues is to run dev kits on debug mode so we can get proper dumps and 'live' code feedback.

So although we welcome the offer it won't help unfortunately.

What does help is a clear listing of issues and I see you've done that.

Raven403
26-05-2015, 12:37
We appreciate the offers guys, we believe you. The only way to nail your issues is to run dev kits on debug mode so we can get proper dumps and 'live' code feedback.

So although we welcome the offer it won't help unfortunately.

What does help is a clear listing of issues and I see you've done that.

I can find the threads and other videos if you would like as well. Those were just the ones I could round up off the top of my head. I have a few here but i will look for others, I know most were posted in the Known issues thread but I could be wrong

http://xboxclips.com/Ch1ps+N+Queso/bebf7f2a-20e5-492f-8581-5133bb91fdb6

http://xboxclips.com/Rxhevn/295c4a0b-924d-401c-9319-15d3fd3b478b

http://xboxclips.com/Rxhevn/90c5ecb3-93fd-4ce0-b1a8-000b9bf1126d

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/09969faf-00ca-4d5c-8eb6-772cdf52e710

Those are from around the forum just so you have them here again. Hope they help! Obviously they only show a few of the issues but every little bit helps right.

Raven403
26-05-2015, 12:45
Before I go nuts in here posting threads and videos would we be better suited posting a new Multiplayer Issues thread for bug reporting specifically? I know there is the Known issues thread but I dont know if its easier for you guys to have it seperated? I will gladly start a Thread for users to post issues with Multiplayer under a different heading.

DragonSyr
26-05-2015, 12:52
Before I go nuts in here posting threads and videos would we be better suited posting a new Multiplayer Issues thread for bug reporting specifically? I know there is the Known issues thread but I dont know if its easier for you guys to have it seperated? I will gladly start a Thread for users to post issues with Multiplayer under a different heading.

just on title put (reporting only , no discussion)

edit : i think that one moderator must do that in every platform , and sticky.....

right now as it is , is a total mess....

Raven403
26-05-2015, 12:55
Done

Dazza
26-05-2015, 12:55
Ok so just to clarify. Multiplayer works for SOME people. Not everyone. Our league cannot play together because multiplayer is so unstable. We arent lying. It is a serious problem. There are multiple threads discussing the issues and a few are already in the Known issues thread but just to Reiterate Sunday Night is usually our league race and it was downright impossible to get it to work for us. And that has been the case every time we have tried to organize a league event. We had lag at times with forza with 16 people, but nothing like whats happening in Pcars, so its not our Interent connections.

-Chat cuts out constantly
-Host freezes or Gets crashed to Dashboard
-Session Change you lose FFB
-Couldnt change view once in session
-Drive option locked once in session
-Once someone joins, someone gets kicked
-Setups Change/Dont Save
-Game has screen blips/Bugs
-Cars jump into/out of view
-Game hard crashed everyone to Dash

ozfm tried to start there 1st series on-line, 1 lobby was a disaster.
we pretty much had all of the issues posted above. Please Ian can you get the dev team to look at these major issues asap. the chat and host crashing freezing is pretty game breaking if your a muliplayer person.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 12:56
we pretty much had all of the issues posted above. Please Ian can you get the dev team to look at these major issues asap. the chat and host crashing freezing is pretty game breaking if your a muliplayer person.

They're on it Dazza.

Raven403
26-05-2015, 12:57

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27922-Multiplayer-Issues-(REPORTING-ONLY-NO-DISCUSSION) <---Post there too Dazza

DragonSyr
26-05-2015, 13:05
Done

ask mod to do this sticky......

edit: what speed !!!!! bravo!!

D1rty Duck UK
26-05-2015, 13:16
Ian any chance of this for the UK as well? I can't get into any multiplayer games and it doesn't matter what settings I choose?

My NAT is open and I can play other MP games.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 13:17
Ian any chance of this for the UK as well? I can't get into any multiplayer games and it doesn't matter what settings I choose?

My NAT is open and I can play other MP games.

Yes we're looking at all territories. We have a lot more sales in the UK than the US but a lot less MP bug reports, hence me singling out the US but no territory will go neglected.

bisco
26-05-2015, 14:07
I know there are many bugs relating to online play, but my main issue is with searching for a game and only getting lobbies with few people in them. I know there are tons of us playing multiplayer, because when I back out of the empty lobby, my next search almost always puts me in with a different group of only a few people. We should be grouped together a bit more so we can have more numbers to race with.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 14:09
I know there are many bugs relating to online play, but my main issue is with searching for a game and only getting lobbies with few people in them. I know there are tons of us playing multiplayer, because when I back out of the empty lobby, my next search almost always puts me in with a different group of only a few people. We should be grouped together a bit more so we can have more numbers to race with.

We're also looking at this. We are thinking of opening the locality restrictions but this will add more cross-region ping issues that could result in things becoming worse.

bisco
26-05-2015, 14:18
We're also looking at this. We are thinking of opening the locality restrictions but this will add more cross-region ping issues that could result in things becoming worse.
Thanks for the response. Bugs aside, I still find myself playing this everyday and I do enjoy it. Any game that keeps me away from fifa for more than a day is good in my book.

turbohondaej1
26-05-2015, 14:48

I would prefer better ping I've only had issues with the game lagging when playing with certain people I have hard wired but I'm curious why I can only see everyone else's ping and not mine. I'm just curious what mine is I haven't seen hardly any green connection ones but a ton of red. I'm wondering how many people are just useing wireless Internet on there one.

Umer Ahmad
26-05-2015, 14:48
Definitely not enough communications from SMS. How refund? #defuk

Ch1ps N Queso
26-05-2015, 15:13
Definitely not enough communications from SMS. How refund? #defuk

Useless comment of the day. Moderators, in my opinion, should be an example to others on good forum conduct, not the other way around.

Toes 4u
26-05-2015, 15:17
Our league has tried several times now, and it only begins to "work" once attrition has reduced our player count 8 or less.

Yeah, 8 has been the sweet spot for us as well. Any more and we start getting stability issues, particularly with communication as more than 8 people means we have to rely on game chat over Xbox Party Chat.

Happy to know this is being looked at.

beagea
26-05-2015, 15:42
And let's not forget this Multiplayer issue is not/maybe just a game issue, server issues at Bandia play a part two, again glad that it has been recognised by SMS and Xbox as well, server issues are not the easiest things to fix, it did take Xbox what 2 months to fix there's and is still not 100% and probably never will be.

And knowing that MST have already issues a few refunds am sure will ensure these things are addressed sooner than later, no one dislikes giving refunds more than MST

FederalHercules
26-05-2015, 18:10
And let's not forget this Multiplayer issue is not/maybe just a game issue, server issues at Bandia play a part two, again glad that it has been recognised by SMS and Xbox as well, server issues are not the easiest things to fix, it did take Xbox what 2 months to fix there's and is still not 100% and probably never will be.

And knowing that MST have already issues a few refunds am sure will ensure these things are addressed sooner than later, no one dislikes giving refunds more than MST

Bandia Namco game servers do not exist for X1 pCARS beagea. Which is unfortunate because a client/server model would be far more robust for online gaming in my humble opinion. There is a post from a SMS or WMD member that described it but pCARS essentially uses a peer to peer network mesh for the multiplayer. If you start the lobby you are the host, if you leave the host duties migrates to one of the other racers in the lobby.

I will try and dig out that post if I have time later, but at least for the XBOX One, there are no servers to blame.

Corona
27-05-2015, 10:59
Why is it acceptable for you to make games with bugs in 2015?

Games came bug free in 2000. You are going backwards and charging us more money

DragonSyr
27-05-2015, 11:01
yes... packman is a bugfree game....

edit: and pokemon too

FederalHercules
27-05-2015, 13:27

Here is the thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22806-serious-online-issues-really-destroys-multiplayer&highlight=mesh) I was referring to in my previous post beagea. Specifically look at post #6.

Sonic6L
27-05-2015, 13:28
Useless comment of the day. Moderators, in my opinion, should be an example to others on good forum conduct, not the other way around.

Totally agree. Not the first time I've seen a reply like this from this moderator.