PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One] Multiplayer Bug Reports (NO CHAT!)

Raven403
26-05-2015, 12:55
[Mod Edit]
Multiplayer bug reports for the Xbox One version go in here please.

PS4 Bug Reports (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27927-PS4-Multiplayer-Issues-%28NO-CHAT!%29)

PC Bug Reports (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27929-PC-Multiplayer-Bug-Reports-%28NO-CHAT!%29)

Only bug reporting please. NO CHAT!
[/Mod Edit]

Please as previoulsy stated around the forum when reporting a bug/issue include your System Details and if possible a video of the problem. Also as it seems it may differ by region include your region to maybe narrow down the issues.

Also I understand frustration but please remain on point and decent/polite in your posts. Thank You!

Example:

Detailed Description of your Issue (Track, Car, Conditions, Number of people in Lobby)--

VIdeo/Clip if possible--

System Details( External HDD or Internal, Open NAT or No, Connection Speed if Possible)--

Region--

[Also for anyone who doesnt know how to get a clip from your Xbox on here go to xboxclips.com type in your GT in the box on the top right and your clips will come up, copy and paste the link to that clip in your post.]

Raven403
26-05-2015, 12:59
Multiple Tracks, Multiple Cars, 8-11 people in lobby all with Open NAT

-Chat cuts out constantly
-Host freezes or Gets crashed to Dashboard
-Session Change you lose FFB
-Couldnt change view once in session
-Drive option locked once in session
-Once someone joins, someone gets kicked
-Setups Change/Dont Save
-Game has screen blips/Bugs
-Cars jump into/out of view
-Game hard crashed everyone to Dash
-Random Player Disconnects out of session

http://xboxclips.com/Ch1ps+N+Queso/b...1-5133bb91fdb6

http://xboxclips.com/Rxhevn/295c4a0b...9-15d3fd3b478b

http://xboxclips.com/Rxhevn/90c5ecb3...8-000b9bf1126d

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/09969f...6-772cdf52e710

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/71266473-4f43-4bbd-a77f-a78add0d29ca

US

Dazza
26-05-2015, 13:05
-when hosts gets d/c, the lobby goes from private to public, also allowing different cars.
-if a player gets d/c and rejoins his practice/qual times are wiped.

-not a bug, but would be nice to be able to give a option to let the host start the next session. going from qual to race in the space of 20 secs is too quick.

FederalHercules
26-05-2015, 13:05
Raven you should add a that in session disconnects happen as well. Also the freezes and crashes to dashboard are not unique to hosts (although they tend to happen to hosts more frequently).

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 13:07
Thread stickied and title clarified (a little bit).

rrusso
26-05-2015, 14:13
Problem: Car Assists Locked in Multiplayer (BUT NOT)
Details: Basically you can create a lobby with assists locked but if a person have the assists ON in their settings, he will be ABLE to use (TCS, ABS...)
Please test youself, create a lobby, lock the assists, and start racing...you will see (in the car panel) and feel the assists working.

Tracks Tested: Donington Park, Monza and Zolder
People in Lobby: From 8 to 12

System Details:
Region: Brazil
NAT: Open

g33k hack3rs
26-05-2015, 15:07
Didn't grab a screen capture but I had an invisible car a few times.

System:
External HDD, Open NAT, USA

Environment:
Dubai GP, Formula B, 10 to 11 people in lobby during practice and quali

Car would leave the pits with no visible parts. Had car in bonnet view and sometimes by pressing X the view would change and make the rest visible but a few times this failed. That would mean the bonnet, wheels and all exterior parts were invisible but HUD was displayed. At least I could drive as usual, but was a bit strange to be driving a few inches off the ground with no visible body parts or wheels. To be clear, this was not the exterior bumper view, but the interior bonnet view just behind the windshield.

RobIzYoDaddy
27-05-2015, 13:36
Complete loss of force feedback in online when track changes after a race. This happens with as little as 2 players and with as many as 8.

stivxbox
28-05-2015, 21:09
First, thanks Dev team, patch 1.3 with gamepad is great.

it's not a bug, but menu problem :
after each session , cursor back on "abandonner la saison".
i would prefer : "calendrier" (calendar)

RC Bizkiller248
28-05-2015, 21:58
- Multiplayer crash when there is more than 10 drivers.
- Severals bugs when there is 10 and more drivers -> chat issue (you can't here the other driver's, or just a part of the lobby, and it's random), multiple disconnections, host disconnected, can't start the session's.

GRTfast
30-05-2015, 11:05
Game crashes to dashboard when trying to join multiplayer lobby 5 out of 6 times.

mondo242008
31-05-2015, 02:16
Good evening!

Since the update I must say that I have enjoyed the game so much!! I have found one small glitch that isn't game breaking by any means but last night while driving some open wheeled cars every time I would pit in using the helmet cam view I would exit in the regular 1st person view. I tried this 2-3 times and every time this happened. Like I said very minor and is the least of all concerns just figured you would want to know =)

Keep up the fantastic work I look fwd to seeing the game evolve over the next few months

bisco
01-06-2015, 14:03
The lag when someone joins in session is extremely bad. When this happens, I can only hope I am on a straight, or else I almost always end up off the track. I have went through an entire qualifying session trying to get just one clean lap because of this and failed to do so. The bright side of that is people have actually joined and there are opponents to race with.

I've also had a single occurrence to where my tires lost heat during a race. I was sliding around on cold tires for the remaining 6 laps at Brands Hatch GP after missing my braking point on the last corner. Was never able to get any heat in them after this happened. I didn't look at the telemetry because I was still trying to compete in the race, but the tires were blue on the HUD and the car handled like the tires were cold.

CaesarsWrath johnboy8722
01-06-2015, 17:31
Keep up the good work ;)
Two bugs to report.

1st when doing private lobbies with friends in a typical qualifying and race setup if I go to monitor there efforts from the pits then exit that screen to go back on track all of HUD is gone. I have to go to settings then Gameplay to turn back on.

2nd can you update the racing line so that there is an option for braking line only having the full line is irritating and no line at all is fun but I still want a brake reference.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to the evolution of this great sim

Kulch
01-06-2015, 22:54
has the no chat bug been addressed in patch 1.4?

bobleren
03-06-2015, 12:23
I have been searching the forums for this issue, but haven't been able to find anyone who have adressed this yet.

I have tried a couple of time winning an online session with +1lap, when the final results shows on the hud, the remaining players still have 160 seconds to finish their race.
Car no.2 then crosses the line and shows up on the HUD as he have finished second. When my car is still on the track racing controlled by the xbox and it crosses the line, adding one more lap on the counter, the total time adds up and I'm no more in top of the table, which means the results hud shows I have finished lower and I actually did.

I have tried the same thing in single player.

Beltoon
03-06-2015, 13:34
It is impossible to host a lobby for 16 persons on the XB1. If you have more than 8 people in a lobby the game becomes a joke. People get random DCs and for others aren't able to join the race. While the group is racing at Snetterton 300, they see Nurburgring as current track. They can join the lobby but aren't given the possibility to join the rest of the group on the trap.

I really hope this gets taken care of because our group is getting fed up with spending an hour to get everyone aboard. We already gave up racing with 16 man and now host two 8 man lobby's. I really love the physics of the game but you guys are making it us impossible to enjoy the game.

Region: Holland
Cars: Caterham sp/300.r
Track: Snetterton 300

Also when we're in a lobby with 8 people I can usually only hear 1 or 2. Did this game get tested at all on this platform?

FederalHercules
03-06-2015, 17:39
It is impossible to host a lobby for 16 persons on the XB1. If you have more than 8 people in a lobby the game becomes a joke. People get random DCs and for others aren't able to join the race. While the group is racing at Snetterton 300, they see Nurburgring as current track. They can join the lobby but aren't given the possibility to join the rest of the group on the trap.

I really hope this gets taken care of because our group is getting fed up with spending an hour to get everyone aboard. We already gave up racing with 16 man and now host two 8 man lobby's. I really love the physics of the game but you guys are making it us impossible to enjoy the game.

Region: Holland
Cars: Caterham sp/300.r
Track: Snetterton 300

Also when we're in a lobby with 8 people I can usually only hear 1 or 2. Did this game get tested at all on this platform?

I hope this doesn't count as chat but I was wanting to make this information more visible and hopefully get more feed back from it.

User Tillj suggested that setting up party chat before creating and joining online lobbies may improve the stability. (Source thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28859-it-s-bad))

We have done some testing this week and while the results are quite encouraging, we haven't been able to line everyone's schedules up and fill the grid. Largest lobby we had was 9. We are planning another test Sunday and hopefully will have 14+ on the grid.

In the meantime, if there are other large groups that don't mind doing some free testing for SMS and Namco, simply make sure you setup a couple party chat groups, and join the parties before joining the game lobby.

tarbat
04-06-2015, 12:07
I haven't been able to have any multiplayer races on XB1. Every time it crashes back to the XB1 dashboard when the session starts. Is there a "trick" to getting multiplayer to work?

MelBonkers
04-06-2015, 14:24
I'd love to hear experiences and tips on this as more people have this issue.
I haven't been able to have any multiplayer races on XB1. Every time it crashes back to the XB1 dashboard when the session starts. Is there a "trick" to getting multiplayer to work?

FederalHercules
04-06-2015, 20:17

Some suggestions:

If you haven't already, restart your console. A hard reset by pressing the power button 10+ seconds until the system turns off.

Go to the XBOX Settings -> Network and see what your NAT is set too. You want it to be set to Open. If its not open, start searching for how to open up your gateway/modem for XBOX Live services. (Seriously, when will the world switch to IPV6?)

There is some growing evidence that shows the multiplayer stability issues on XBOX One may be related to game chat. If you are still crashing after the first two steps, put yourself (and your friends if applicable) in a party chat group before joining a racing lobby. If you observe improved stability please report back here.

snewkirk2
05-06-2015, 11:41
There is a consistent lag spike in session when ever someone joins the session after it has started. When someone joins the room we are usually good, its only when the new comer joins the track. Everyone currently on the track experiences this at the same time.

It doesn't seem to matter which track or how many drivers we have currently running.

Mrbrown33
07-06-2015, 08:36
There seems to be a problem with the replays showing the correct cars.
After a race, I viewed my replay, and found that the cars was showing the wrong paint liveries in the replay, only my cars was showing the correct paint. One of my friends also saved the replay from the same race and had the same problem.

Raven403
08-06-2015, 11:11
There seems to be a problem with the replays showing the correct cars.
After a race, I viewed my replay, and found that the cars was showing the wrong paint liveries in the replay, only my cars was showing the correct paint. One of my friends also saved the replay from the same race and had the same problem.

I also had this happen, Not only that 2 cars were MISSING from the replay. I was only showing 6 cars, not 8 that were in it

Raven403
08-06-2015, 11:39
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30236-Bug-Report-Time-Prog-Slider

dervali
09-06-2015, 09:16
Bug Report

In Career the Car Setup changes by itself during the sessions, and sometimes, if you change it, it doesn´t save

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 09:19
Bug Report

In Career the Car Setup changes by itself during the sessions, and sometimes, if you change it, it doesn´t save

1) Wrong thread ([Xbox One] Multiplayer Bug Reports) ;)
2) Known issue that will be fixed with patch 1.4

DarkStryder360
09-06-2015, 22:07
Not been able to get into a single race since release.

Get into lobbies sometimes. Game hangs on track loading screen longer than it should do so I give up.

sailordude9980
11-06-2015, 04:20
Mulitplayer game play has not worked at all.

Limited players in any lobby. The players that are in the lobby consistly have poor connections.
My XBOX 1 is Wired with 90MBPS avg.

system:
External HDD, Open NAT, USA

Environment:
Dubai GP, Formula B, 10 to 11 people in lobby during practice and quali

Digital D/L with 1.4 patch.

PTG Ducky
19-06-2015, 08:41
I have found a problem with the DOR on mine and my friends wheels. Don't know if it is limited to the Thrustmaster TX, but when you come out of game to the dashboard and back into the game it resets the DOR on my wheel back to 900.

Works fine when you snap items up but when you come out the game it resets my DOR.

CE 300
19-06-2015, 11:28
Azure Coast Westbound, multiple cars, 2-X people in lobby, all with open NAT

- Cars automatically turn right against a fence after reaching the finish line. Also in single player modes.

Any track, multiple cars, 2-X people in lobby

- Game freezes for a second when people join the lobby
- You can't join the qualifying or training. You have to wait the whole time in the box menue till it's over to be able to take part in the race
- If you refuel your car in the box it isn't saved and your tank remains empty, also your tyres sometimes are not changed. Also in singleplayer modes
- After leaving the pit your car's handling is very bad for a couple of seconds: Slightly moving the left stick causes a huge turn and you lose the control of your car

Any track, Formula B, 2-X people in lobby

- The engine sound of Formula B is extremely quiet in cockpit view and any other view than the behind the car view. It's a huge difference. Also in single player modes.

Rxhevntt
19-06-2015, 13:48
Detailed Description of your Issue (Track, Car, Conditions, Number of people in Lobby)--

Track: Watkins Glen GP
Car(s): Bentley GT3; BMW M3 GT3
Conditions: Clear
People in lobby: 4, all 4 in party chat

Issue

In the clip below, the BMW is closing in on the Bentley. The trouble comes after the clip ends unfortunately, but the jist is this--as the BMW is chasing the Bentley begins appearing at inconsistent distances from the front of the BMW. The way it appears on screen it is like the Bentley gets a turbo boost of some sort and then the BMW catches up again. We ran close for 3-4 laps nose to tail without issue, however, in the corner that follows the clip, the Bentley all of a sudden shifts distances to appear 1ft or so off the nose of the BMW. Of course I reacted by tapping the brakes to avoid contact and as physics would have it, I lost control. Really disappointing.

So the issue is/was: inconsistent distances between cars in a multiplayer race; cars appearing at indeterminable distances/places on track.

VIdeo/Clip if possible--

http://xboxclips.com/Rxhevn/5227930d-b762-48cd-b07f-f9e40e89c962

System Details( External HDD or Internal, Open NAT or No, Connection Speed if Possible)--

Internal, Open NAT, average 50mb down/10 up

Region--
USA

Thanks.

Lukeymonster
22-06-2015, 00:11
After race one of my GT3 career at Road America, I received a cannot save file error and could not get away from it without hitting the no option. I figured the worst that would happen is that I would loose that race from my progress and just redo it. Next time I started the game it gave me a cannot load game save data error. I read on the forums to hit the no option and then delete your replays to free up space in your save file. I did that, restarted the game and my save file with all of my progress was gone. I had to start over.

I had no idea the game was set up to pile replay saves onto the save file and that there was a limit to what you could save.

FederalHercules
22-06-2015, 13:02
UPDATE:

After several weeks of testing, the reliability of multiplayer improves significantly if you ensure all users first join a party before joining the lobby in game. This is a work around and doesn't solve all issues such as:
- loss of FFB in wheel when going to dashboard or snapped app (a necessity in order to join a friend, or invite a friend)
- loss of FFB in wheel when changing sessions, most frequently occurring when going from qualifying/warmup to race (the worst time for it to happen).
- if host exits all bets are off. Stability issues outlined at the beginning of this thread return in full force and everyone has to disconnect and a new lobby must be re-created (ensuring everyone is in a party group before joining lobby)
- if two or more people join the lobby before joining a party or without joining a party at all, the stability issues return.

We still have folks occasionally get disconnected but its no where near as frequent as when using game chat.

There hasn't been any feedback on multiplayer issues from SMS in quite some time. Any update on when we can expect updates to these issues? While the party chat is workable, its still pretty lame not being able to chat with the full grid.

Outlier
24-06-2015, 01:25
Strange rolling start bug.

Explanation - we set up a league race with a 15?min qualify and 5 min warm up. After the warm up we launched into a 35 lap endurance race w rolling start. However immediately after launching into the rolling start, the car in front of me jumped back 10-20 feet or so and crashed into my car. Still under ai control, me card drove off to the left and then spawned in the garage. From here I could see the rest of the group driving down the straight jumping all over the place still under ai control. Then the race timer started but I could not exit the garage. Have a look -

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A80EBE0C5B3CD6CB!794&authkey=!AJxsCSQ5D9bCRks&ithint=video%2cmp4

I don't have info on the host Xbox and connection or anyone else in the group but here is info on mine:

Internet - wired
Router - new Netgear 6200 smart router
NAT - open
Speed test -(taken today not at the time of incident) - 23.35 Mbps upload, 9.92Mbps download, 30 ping

Race info
Track - Imola
Racers - 16
Multiclass (LMP and GT)
Race local time start @ 8:00am
2x weather
15x time progression

Weather Forecast
1. Clear
2. Clear
3. Fog
4. Light cloud

Schedule
Practice #1 length - 10 mins
Qualifying length - 15 mins
Warm-up - 5 mins

My car - Audi R8 LMS
Hood view
Settings - real
Manual trans

Beltoon
24-06-2015, 09:31
It is still impossible to host a lobby for more than 8 people. Yesterday we started a private lobby with 8 men and had no trouble, as soon as the 9th person joined the game turned into a pile of shit. It seems that everyone can hear 5 person max on chat and this seems to be completely random. Also the random disconnects seem like bad luck and can happen to everyone. It happens to people with a decent internet connection but also to myself with above average glass fiber internet. As you see in the picture below, I shouldn't have any problems with speeds like this...

The fact that there has been almost no reaction to this problem gives me the idea that you just aren't able to host decent multiplayer lobby's and I'm starting to feel a bit betrayed. Please sort out the multiplayer lobby's and let us race with the 16 players you promised us.

Edit: Just to be clear, this is a bug report. The multiplayer is a joke and SMS should feel bad.

Racinglova
24-06-2015, 14:55
Major bugs that must be fixed!

1. The option to drive in Online will sometimes be locked for the entire session
2. Camera in online will be locked to the bumper cam when the host did not lock the camera
3. Getting a random "Pit-in" penalty at the start of an online race.
4. Audio glitches occur very often in singleplayer and online

o Mike V o
24-06-2015, 18:01
Fired up the game today hoping to get some racing in but I keep running into the same issues I have been having since Day 1. Here's my experience today so far...

- I always spend a large amount of time looking for a good GT3 session. Matchmaking either takes too long, fails or puts me in a lobby I don't want to be in 99% of the time.
- Found a session after multiple searches, I join session and learn I cannot hit the 'drive' button it remains locked.
- Exit that session and do another long search for a good session.
- Finally find a bigger, better looking session than the last so I join up right away before qualifying ends.
- Driving out of the garage I realise I can't change my view from bumper to cockpit then my game crashes to home.
- Got back in the game after a half hour "break", spent another little while looking for a session.
- Joined a session off of someone on my friends list, get into game but cannot hit the "drive" button AGAIN.

Where is the incentive to play this game? I have not had one single day where I sat down and played for a couple hours in multiplayer. I encounter problems like this EVERY time I play, no joke.

jonnyyoung2013
26-06-2015, 11:33
In a session last night there was 13 of us and we all kept getting kicked from lobby or system freezing doesn't matter what track etc. Is there any update on a fix for this yet Ian/Devs as our team is waiting to start a league and at the minute its impossible to do so with stability issues?

I must add we all reset our routers and hard reset our Xbox before starting the lobby.

Thanks

FederalHercules
26-06-2015, 13:08
In a session last night there was 13 of us and we all kept getting kicked from lobby or system freezing doesn't matter what track etc. Is there any update on a fix for this yet Ian/Devs as our team is waiting to start a league and at the minute its impossible to do so with stability issues?

I must add we all reset our routers and hard reset our Xbox before starting the lobby.

Thanks

Hey Jonny,

As mentioned in this thread, several groups have found success in multiplayer by ensuring ALL racers first join a party before joining a multiplayer lobby. Yes this means your group will be split into to groups and make communications difficult. But we have been 13-14 players strong and rarely have a disconnect or crash when using this workaround.

For our next league race, we are going to try a Skype workaround that will hopefully allow the full grid to communicate with each other. This has been suggested by other players but I don't have a specific link. I or one of my league mates will report the results after our race (this Sunday).

We continue to try and solicit some feedback from SMS although I fear that the number of folks playing multiplayer is so small, SMS has lowered the priority of this issue way down the list. There are two fixes coming for XBOX One online play in 2.0 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes), however I don't expect those two fixes to really resolve anything.

None the less, if you and your friends want to play bad enough, your best bet is to try using party groups for chat. Also ensure you host has a strong connection (Good upload, Open NAT, hardwired) and ensure he/she doesn't exit the lobby. We have seen the stability crash and burn if the host exits the lobby (causing a host migration) even while in party chat.

Hope that helps.

Feed back from SMS (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31023-Multiplayer-still-broken/page5)

FederalHercules
29-06-2015, 13:03
Our league did another race last night. We used the Skype app on the XBOX for comms and it worked well. No lobby stability issues and the full grid was able to communicate. We only had 11 racers though (this game is causing so much attrition that we can't keep spots full) so it wasn't an ideal "test". (The main trick with using Skype is ensure the caller is on the desktop app)

Unfortunately, even with working comm's and a stable session, the race was not what it could have been. Weather is a big feature of the game and we try to make full use of it in our race weekends. But pits (and pit strategies) are such a broken pile of garbage that it ruined the night for the majority of the grid. Those issues are probably out of scope for this thread but I suspect they impact the multiplayer side of the game more than the single player.

In the end we are getting tired of jumping through hoops. I know I am.

BulletEyeDK
30-06-2015, 23:37
MP issues playing Brands Hatch, 8 players, racing GT3 cars, all in party chat.. host on a 300/300 fiber cable, all have open nat. 5 players on cable connectiom, 3 on wifi.

Race setup with clear weather, 16.00

In qual, 2 people had DC almost every time the got to turn 4, then reconnect.

As race should start we had 3 driver with DC resulting in 3 cars dropped from approx 5-8 meters above track creating some havoc at start

Dynomight Motorsports
01-07-2015, 00:28
The only way our League can communicate is to go in Party Chat. In fact if you want to room to be stable you have to start in Party chat then send Game invites. If you want more than 8 people that are limited to party chat, someone has to create another Party Chat.

Dynomight Motorsports
01-07-2015, 00:32
Our league did another race last night. We used the Skype app on the XBOX for comms and it worked well. No lobby stability issues and the full grid was able to communicate. We only had 11 racers though (this game is causing so much attrition that we can't keep spots full) so it wasn't an ideal "test". (The main trick with using Skype is ensure the caller is on the desktop app)

Unfortunately, even with working comm's and a stable session, the race was not what it could have been. Weather is a big feature of the game and we try to make full use of it in our race weekends. But pits (and pit strategies) are such a broken pile of garbage that it ruined the night for the majority of the grid. Those issues are probably out of scope for this thread but I suspect they impact the multiplayer side of the game more than the single player.

In the end we are getting tired of jumping through hoops. I know I am.
Are you saying you guys used Skype on a Laptop or tablet? Or did you use the Xbox 1 app? That's a great idea if our League can pull it off. Usually someone gets left out.

Raven403
01-07-2015, 18:19
Are you saying you guys used Skype on a Laptop or tablet? Or did you use the Xbox 1 app? That's a great idea if our League can pull it off. Usually someone gets left out.

The Host, starts the Skype call on PC or Laptop then invites the others using their app on xbox, so everyone is on xbox skype except the host, but it worked just fine

Beltoon
07-07-2015, 23:41
Laguna Seca / public lobby. I finish first, which can clearly be seen in the video below, but the guy behind me gets the victory. He confirmed that I certainly won and that it was just another flaw.

https://youtu.be/xZINCqnvHaI

nick_318is
10-07-2015, 22:00
Joined several multiplayer sessions, got in the lobby and joined the session but never getting the option to drive to unlock. Very frustrating.

Dan77 DESTROYER
13-07-2015, 21:47
Joined a multiplayer lobby at brands hatch,selected the ginetta g55 gt3, went to qualify and it was locked in bumper cam and couldn't be changed (known issue) but when I changed into 2nd gear it just bogged down, went back to the pits and checked the gears and 1st was where it should be but all the other gears were on full as in right to the end of the slider so I reset and went out to try again but same thing, went back to pits and it had set it back to what it was before I reset it.

First time I've had this and haven't read about it on here so is this a first or has other people had similar?

Lupara
20-07-2015, 10:52
Hi,

bug stands ( setting up rain tires while slick tires required) and Chat game that does not.

Lupara
20-07-2015, 11:33
Host to 16 possible if the host has a fiber connection. Even so some lagguaient drivers, was it due to the host where the driver connection concerned I do not know .
There have been a crash of 16 drivers.
The Chat of game is still inoperative , unable to speak . We have had to create two focus groups. Not easy to communicate in the race.
The most annoying bug is that the stands that is not yet resolved . ( Rain tire assembly without reason)
We have not encountered any problem in relation to new Track limits , no disqualification.
Pcars advance in the right direction but needs to improve for the Chat and stands.

Julien V10R
20-07-2015, 22:01
Hello, Beyond 9 players several disconnections . the game 's chat not working

thank you
Julien V10R

SpaceCowboy
21-07-2015, 02:26
Haven't seen this reported in this thread, apologies if it's already reported.

My ProjCars on my XB1 crashed whilst I was trying to save the replay of a 20 lap race (I know, I forgot it was 20 laps it was just a force of habit after a good race). Since then my save or load profile seems to have been corrupt, and each time I load up ProjCars I get a message stating cannot load save file do you wish to retry or not (or words to that effect). As it autosaves regularly I get this message probably 3-4 times before I can even get into a race, and about the same afterwards. I'm not stressed about losing my save files or progress in my career as i p[lay MP more than anything, but really would just like it fixed or if not just start again from a blank canvas without this message hounding me all the time.

I've tried uninstalling it on the XB1, then switching off the console and firing it up again and put the disk in to re-install (which took ages so I know it did it from scratch at least). Although, it appears there is some form of cache that isn't clearing somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

PTG Ducky
22-07-2015, 19:34
Haven't seen this reported in this thread, apologies if it's already reported.

My ProjCars on my XB1 crashed whilst I was trying to save the replay of a 20 lap race (I know, I forgot it was 20 laps it was just a force of habit after a good race). Since then my save or load profile seems to have been corrupt, and each time I load up ProjCars I get a message stating cannot load save file do you wish to retry or not (or words to that effect). As it autosaves regularly I get this message probably 3-4 times before I can even get into a race, and about the same afterwards. I'm not stressed about losing my save files or progress in my career as i p[lay MP more than anything, but really would just like it fixed or if not just start again from a blank canvas without this message hounding me all the time.

I've tried uninstalling it on the XB1, then switching off the console and firing it up again and put the disk in to re-install (which took ages so I know it did it from scratch at least). Although, it appears there is some form of cache that isn't clearing somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

If you save file goes over 300mb its corrupts. It looks like all you races saves are being stored in the save file. If you clear your save game and reboot the game it will run fine. Saves on the delete/reinstall. :)

Killjoy2022
23-07-2015, 12:43
Since the latest update, no matter which track I'm on, the map bugs out in spectator mode.

SpaceCowboy
23-07-2015, 22:03
If you save file goes over 300mb its corrupts. It looks like all you races saves are being stored in the save file. If you clear your save game and reboot the game it will run fine. Saves on the delete/reinstall. :)

OK, so delete save files from within the game then....gotcha. That's the one thing, and clearly the most obvious that I didn't try. :moody:

Thanks for the tip, will report back if it doesn't fix the issue.

Sharky Hughes
25-07-2015, 07:42
When searching for a multiplayer game the last 5 attempts have always put me at Ruapuna in the Audi 90 IMSA GTO in the dark. Meaning pretty much everyone just leaves the lobby. New search then yields the same results of fails to connect.

SpaceCowboy
26-07-2015, 21:38

Just FYI guys, this tip fixed the issue if anyone else get the "cannot save" error. In my replay theater my last save was a 49min race, which I deleted. It hung for a few minutes but eventually did delete the file and the game started working as normal right away, didn't even need to reboot.

Thanks again PTG Ducky.

Beltoon
20-08-2015, 10:00
Start at Brno, 9 players in the lobby. Everyone gets the green light but the host (me) gets to wait a little bit longer wasting his quali. Before the start everyone got the message about the game getting synced, which failed miserably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIuxLcc6gZ4

It's clear to see that everyone starts the race while the lights are still red.

Beltoon
24-08-2015, 16:20
Seems I'm the only one using this thread to complain about bugs etc.. Am I in the right place?

SLS GT3 @ Laguna Seca. These track limits are rubbish, do things like this even get checked before SMS releases a patch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_NUDKJDvs8

Bealdor
24-08-2015, 16:32
Seems I'm the only one using this thread to complain about bugs etc.. Am I in the right place?

SLS GT3 @ Laguna Seca. These track limits are rubbish, do things like this even get checked before SMS releases a patch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_NUDKJDvs8

XBONE doesn't have the latest track limit updates yet. Please recheck if this still happens with patch 3.0.

Nelly D Racer
30-08-2015, 20:56
XBONE doesn't have the latest track limit updates yet. Please recheck if this still happens with patch 3.0.

A lot of tracks seem to be fixed with 3.0 but it seems there are some that have been missed, saw a video where someone completely misses the first chicane at Monza and it stays clean.

Beltoon
31-08-2015, 13:38
Got a drive through at Spa. Driving the SLS as you can see in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCMTzcOl4vo

When I entered the pit my wheel got locked at around 30%. That was strange but I wasn't expecting this. The game put my car in neutral after this happened.

g33k hack3rs
31-08-2015, 15:38
Two bugs to report, one from pre 3.0, one that I've only experienced since 3.0

1. Game chat not working between all players. It was mentioned that many things were optimized and QA company could not reproduce this. Game chat is not working and 16 people on the grid cannot hear everybody.

2. After 3.0 the wheel will lock at the angle from the prior session until out of the pits in the next session in career, free play, and practice weekend. Did not notice it in MP, but can be that my wheel wasn't at an angle. Description: I drive during the regular testing session 1 and at the end of that session I'm in a corner and my wheel is at a 30 degree angle. Session 1 is now complete and all of a sudden my wheel is locked at this 30 degree angle. It will remain at this angle until I'm out of the pits and resume manual control at the end of the pits. It won't reset in the pits or anytime prior to it. Not a big deal, but some pits release you at an angle that is completely the opposite of the corner you were navigating in the previous session. Not sure how this was introduced but definitely odd behavior. Thrustmaster TX with GT wheel.

Umer Ahmad
31-08-2015, 17:09
2nd issue (wheel stuck at last known player angle) happened to me too as the session ended while i was in the apex of a corner .

Kain NL
31-08-2015, 17:56
Anyone notice...after patch 3.0...we don't have the 'classic' ffb settings option like pc and ps4 do ? We've only got default and custom ????

BulletEyeDK
03-09-2015, 09:49
We had a MP race last night, driving on Brno with GT3 class, 7 drivers

Approx 45 mins of racing... I saved the replay, as there was some spectacular racing in this race, which i would re-watch from different views.... So I loaded the replay, but there's something not right in the replay:

1. one car sits on the grid, not moving at all during all the race - the car did actually run the race and did finish (one of the BMW's)
2. at least one car is modelled wrong as a McLaren 12c GT3, should have been a BMW Z4 GT3 (the other BMW)

The field of drivers were driving:

2x BMW Z4 GT3
2x Audi R8 LMS Ultra
1x Ruf RGT-8 GT3
1x Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
1x McLaren 12C GT3

Don't know if this issue is know ?

Bogusmorgan
06-09-2015, 22:00
I did a 1:25 lap time on Imola. multiplayer whit BMW Z4 GT3 one friend did 1:24 and hi was driving same car it was on Q. 11 players. :confused:

justonce68
08-09-2015, 07:36
Ginetta G40 practice for first career race @ Donnington. Car leaves pits and crashes to dashboard as soon as you gain manual control. I have done all the usual resets, no joy. Black screen crash to dashboard everytime.

Also wheel locks to around 30 Deg often whilst running through pits (TX)

Bogusmorgan
14-09-2015, 23:05
time bug on Sonoma GP
http://screenshotscontent-t3002.xboxlive.com/00090000046bb6c8-cf013af9-172a-4b00-a696-472b0e0317f6/Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=udilmjRUZlT9yHS7N1N7JgWcz6Kly7aypRVLv3m1OU4%3D&st=2015-09-14T22%3A56%3A35Z&se=2015-09-15T00%3A01%3A35Z&sp=r&__gda__=1442275295_aa5ad6ff8cf0c009770072b89f0a20b5

Jaymzblah
21-09-2015, 20:04
So the surging is back on Xbox One, downloaded the 4.0 patch this morning, game is back to unplayable. I really like this game but with the surging of the car on the track making perfect turns is near impossiable.

Flat_out
22-09-2015, 08:05
So the surging is back on Xbox One, downloaded the 4.0 patch this morning, game is back to unplayable. I really like this game but with the surging of the car on the track making perfect turns is near impossiable.

Hard reset always cures it for me.

Raven403
28-09-2015, 11:25
Got disconnected last night, from a league race. No I didnt get booted to Dash, No I didnt lose internet, The Game disconnected me and Returned me to Race Central, I cant say much else about this without using foul language and really expressing how pissed off this made me. Thanks alot SMS, Im really having so much fun.

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/e41e3c50-b6c6-4986-94ee-2b367db72712

EpilepticToast
29-09-2015, 05:37
The limits of the new mojave oval are bugged. for half of the oval it stops you from getting up the full bank because of some invisible wall in the way.

Raven403
29-09-2015, 13:31
Can anyone on the Dev team she'd light on why that happened in my above post/clip? If there is something that causes this I would like to take steps to eliminate or minimize it

It would be greatly appreciated and I would pass it on to whoever I could to improve their experience as well.

NeonFlux
30-09-2015, 08:24
I'm still experiencing really bad lag/freezing/stuttering when someone joins or leaves - it is starting to get tiresome :(

I've also had the following:

- When I first put the game on and set up a lobby the car class has always defaulted back to "Any" despite being on current when I switched the game off the night before. This didn't happen before patch 4 and the rest of my settings seem to save.

- Surging, cars going fast and then slowing right down.

- Last night someone left the lobby but their car stayed on track parked on the grid. Similarly a friend got stuck in the garage at the start of the race but his car was on the grid. Obviously he was unable to move off and it caused a pile up. People probably thought he did it on purpose but it was out of his control

- A couple of days ago I crashed going into the pitlane on Suzuka International and the AI took over my car for the remainder of the race

- Now and again me and my friends seem to get the green light at slightly different times at the start of the race. A couple of times we thought someone had jumped the start but they hadn't, they just seemed to get the green light a couple of tenths before the rest of us. Not sure if there's some sort of syncing problem.

I love this game - it's the best racing game I've played for some time but I think it would benefit from some work on improving multiplayer stability.... please :)

Miker
30-09-2015, 09:35
New Test Track, in free practice mode (on any variation of the circuit) cars wont start! I just sit there with my engine off....doesn't happen on any other track and seems to be OK in solo race mode....

Bealdor
30-09-2015, 09:39
New Test Track, in free practice mode (on any variation of the circuit) cars wont start! I just sit there with my engine off....doesn't happen on any other track and seems to be OK in solo race mode....

Set "Auto Start Engine" to ON in options menu.

Raven403
30-09-2015, 12:09
Disconnected again last night with the same Message. I was Hosting a lobby with AI and One human player.

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/b6d86a3c-8140-4f68-bede-c6b4ffbe8986

Got back into the session, the AI didnt record a lap when we progressed to Quali. Not a single AI's time counted. SHown Below

After Quali, we progressed to the Race, and it did not register the AI as racers on the lead lap, it was like it was me and the guy in the lobby, and the AI were having their own race, NO matter how many times they lapped us, (We stopped and let them go by multiple times to test) they never got past 2nd place on the Timing and Scoring. Really weird stuff going on.

This all Happened after I (the original host) got disconnected and everything Migrated to the other player. But obviously something got screwed up. I know Mike Laskey said its got a lot to do with someone getting Disconnected and not following an exit protocol, but I posted this as reference.

EpilepticToast
03-10-2015, 09:29
video evidence of the invisible ramp/wall glitch that ruined my league race at donnington, I hope this can assist the devs to find a solution to this before it strikes again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk97MYDgOU4

Freestyler0908
05-10-2015, 08:37
Nürburgring GP in Multiplayer: When you go for pitstop and you get Box 1 at the End of Pit, nothing will happen. No Tire Change, no Fuel, and you cant get out of pit. Only parking till the end of the Race is possible.

Chiraq
08-10-2015, 10:06
Zolder GP, no times were set from other people, I went on the track but the AI was driving for me about 1000kph and my lap time was 3 seconds, it went like insanly fast!

On every track, when some people retire and the rest finishes the race the timer still goes on.

There are still some pit stop issues like no tire change or wrong tires , I went for intermediates and got soft tires (soft was the better choice so I got lucky, is this coincidence?)

Crashed cars in multiplayer stay on the track, some cars drive through them in the replays.

Raven403
08-10-2015, 11:26
Zolder GP, no times were set from other people, I went on the track but the AI was driving for me about 1000kph and my lap time was 3 seconds, it went like insanly fast!

On every track, when some people retire and the rest finishes the race the timer still goes on.

There are still some pit stop issues like no tire change or wrong tires , I went for intermediates and got soft tires (soft was the better choice so I got lucky, is this coincidence?)

Crashed cars in multiplayer stay on the track, some cars drive through them in the replays.

Quick answer on the Tires thing, the game seems to be stuck on Auto By Weather no matter what, so even if you request something else, youll get whatever the game Uses for that car/weather combo for Auto By Weather. So if it starts raining, wait for the rain drops to appear on the windshield of the car, not the screen, give it maybe a lap after you see them on the windshield, and when you pit you should get Wets.

Crookk
23-10-2015, 03:12
I had hoped with patch 5.0 the issue would be fixed where in the 'lap info' screen the lap time delta Δ isn't properly shown when joining an online-lobby after the session has already started.
So that's here:
http://puu.sh/kUeuv/9d13cd2c26.jpg
But rather than continuously update, the Delta is only shown after hitting the marker, and while driving in section 3 it shows an absurd value.
I didn't find it in the 'known issues' thread. Does anybody have any info about this bug, is it known yet and are there plans to fix it? Thank you.

Chiraq
24-10-2015, 23:22
There is a new bug that came with patch 5. When you choose the livery for your car in my case the BMW Z4 GT3 the game crashes. This happens often when the liveries arent even shown (plain white cars). Fix that please

Chiraq
24-10-2015, 23:31
Another bug that occurs quite often in the last time is that I disconnect from the game lobby. Just randomly, never had that before. Patch 5 brought some weird bugs with it.

samsterbrfc
15-11-2015, 20:12
Attempting to do a league race now and we've come across a bug were we cannot invite people once they have lagged out, even when we create a new lobby it doesn't allow, we have to keep turning the xbox off and then back on. it could be because of the new dashboard but I've never experienced this before until tonight

NavyFlipper HUN
16-11-2015, 08:39
Canceled- wrong thread

Sorry! :rolleyes:

Stud69Muffin
25-11-2015, 21:47
I am sure this must have been reported but it won't harm to mention. Silverstone Classic does not work online. I have tried three times to race and each time the race does not start. You can qualify no problem.

Chiraq
30-11-2015, 13:40
Okay some new bug reporting:

There is a problem with the cut penalty on Nürburgring Sprint short. A friend of mine cutted the chicane and got a 5 second time penalty and the penalty stuck at 3 seconds resulted in a 10+ second penalty. This happened twice.

NavyFlipper HUN
13-12-2015, 09:39
Weather progression bug...

Car Class: GT3
Track: Zolder
Race date: 13.12. '15 13:00 (1pm)
Weather slots: 2 (rain-medium clouds)
Weather progression: 2X
Time progression: real
Free practice 1: 15 min
Qualification: 30 min
Race: no matter

and....
Each session being with rain. No matter how you finished the previous session and what shows the weather forecast.
I think it is not dynamic weather changes.

Chiraq
02-03-2016, 20:29
People cannot be released from the pits (when making a pit stop) when someone is specatating

APR193
17-05-2016, 14:05
Can't find a thread for offline bug reports etc so I'll post this here, please move elsewhere if necessary.

I'd like to see the following fixed before support of the game is dropped.

1. Ford Sierra AI are very very slow in a straight line, almost as if they have no turbo boost etc. On certain tracks the AI would be a match for the Merc but they don't gain time where the car is capable of it. I love the Group A class but the poor balancing means being a lone Sierra/BMW against an army of Mercs gets repetitive and boring quite quick.

2. Formula Gulf, Formula Rookie and Ginetta Junior AI are very slow pretty much everywhere. Three of my favourite classes in game and some of the most well made cars by SMS are completely redundant offline as there is no competition. Just did Formula Gulf quick race around Donington GP, same conditions for qualifying and race. I used default setup throughout and qualified P6, AI times were decent although they didn't seem to represent what they were doing on track. I'd catch up with someone quite a bit on a lap but our lap times would be pretty much the same, sometimes mine were slower even though I was closer to someone than the lap before? In the race I was able to do same lap times as in qualifying (despite having a full tank as opposed to a virtually empty one, fuel seems to make very very little difference if any to every car in the game) but I was 5-6 seconds a lap quicker than the AI who's times I was struggling to beat one session earlier in the same conditions. Down craner curves I could overtake 3 cars between Redgate and the apex at Old Hairpin, without me having any advantage out of Redgate in terms of speed off the corner. Its as if they only had 70% throttle. Ginetta Juniors and Formula Rookie have similar problems, AI are just way too slow killing all the fun of the classes.

3. I think this is a known problem, but for timed races the sync to race option for the weather doesn't work. Don't get any weather changes when you pick this option.

4. This isn't a bug but it is the thing I'd like changed most of all. Please remove the look back button from the required assignments. I don't use it anyway as I use the mirrors but it takes up a space on an already limited Xbox One controller that I'd use for something else (currently can't cycle HUD, lap info etc as I have no space left).

Felinruisseau29
27-02-2017, 13:20
Something happened on my side on a Le Mans 7 lap race. Its not the first time it happens but this one was annoying.

Sometimes, there are invisible cars sitting on the starting grid and you collide with them. Its quite surprising because you don't see them coming and then you go flying for no reason. Its only in the replay that you see there was actually a car sitting there the entire race.

Usually, i don't mind i get back on track that's all. But when the restrictions makes you disqualified for a collision with an invisible car sitting on the grid its bad for the results cause you didn't finish the race and its not even your fault. Its annoying because if i had a visual on it i would simply go around and continue.

Skidz
30-09-2017, 00:47
Every time I try to go into any lobby at all I get in then I’m kicked out within 2 minutes
Even with only one other driver. Any track. Any condition. All multiplayer. My NAT is Open so that isn’t the problem

Vwhit
06-08-2018, 22:11
This is exactly what i am reporting. Was there a resolution