PDA

View Full Version : Call Your Bluff

justonce68
26-05-2015, 14:42
I have sat and read , bitching, whining and abusive threads on here on a daily basis.
I play this game daily on XB1 (the weakest link) and this game, is far from unplayable, it is far better than anything I have played in the racing/sim genre.
I wonder how many of the whiners would actually hand back their game for a full refund? I would bet a very, very, small percentage, as anyone that can see through the teething issues, have to admit this is a fantastic game and we would all be poorer if the game wasn't here.
Nobody is saying it is perfect, what they are doing is answering your issues and registering the bugs and glitches you are reporting from what I'm reading.
The game is 2 weeks old, give them constructive advice by all means, as we all want the experience to be better, but just bear in mind, its a game and there are far bigger issues to worry about.

Oh and did I mention Ian Bell that my best lap time didn't save on the Azure community challenge and I hold you personally responsible! (tongue firmly in cheek)

Westbeef
26-05-2015, 14:50
I think with any new release you get people who take the minor issues and blow them massively out of proportion, they come onto forums and shout out about how their life is going to end if one bug isn't fixed this instant. These forums don't have a massive amount of these doomlords in comparison to other games at early release. I agree the game's fantastic, it is well and truly taking over my household, and as the small teething issues are ironed out it's only getting better, the reviews on steam are extremely high which is a better depiction of the communities feelings.

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 15:21
I cant speak for anyone else, but I blame the pro reviews for my initial disappointment. All the reviews downplayed or ignored many issues. So It sort of blindsides you a bit.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:24
I cant speak for anyone else, but I blame the pro reviews for my initial disappointment. All the reviews downplayed or ignored many issues. So It sort of blindsides you a bit.

Where were the reviews misleading specifically? We are talking about 100 of them now.

PeteUplink
26-05-2015, 15:30

This, unfortunately, is a big problem with professional reviews.

My advice is that you should ignore the likes of Gamespot, PC Gamer and so on and go by the reviews from the public.

Where were the reviews misleading specifically? We are talking about 100 of them now.

Well none of them picked up on the fact that the AI doesn't seem to pit for tyres as part of their race strategy (I'm talking about Formula A here). They probably didn't play test the game thoroughly enough, which raises questions about how good reviewers actually are these days at reviewing games.

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 15:33

I haven't read 100 reviews - far from it. But what I did read, I wouldn't go as far as to say misleading but there were omissions. Maybe the reviewers didn't have time with the game before their deadlines. If compare the known issues thread to the reviews I've read it would be quite a contrast.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:34

My advice is that you should ignore the likes of Gamespot, PC Gamer and so on and go by the reviews from the public.

Well none of them picked up on the fact that the AI doesn't seem to pit for tyres as part of their race strategy. They probably didn't play test the game thoroughly enough, which raises questions about how good reviewers actually are these days at reviewing games.

They do pit. Not exactly always perfectly when they should but they do. Anyway, this is improved in the next patch.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:35
I haven't read 100 reviews - far from it. But what I did read, I wouldn't go as far as to say misleading but there were omissions. Maybe the reviewers didn't have time with the game before their deadlines. If compare the known issues thread to the reviews I've read it would be quite a contrast.

Complexity of application. Don't blame the reviewers.

Bloyski
26-05-2015, 15:35
I for one did get a full refund for the game. I don't have a lot of spare cash and can't afford to buy every new game when it release so I have to save for them. I got a full refund a brought The Witcher for 10 cheaper and that game works without annoying you with stupid bugs that should of not been there in the first place.
This is the first game I have brought and within a couple of days got a refund because of how bad the quality of the game was.

Very disappointed with PCars.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:36
I for one did get a full refund for the game. I don't have a lot of spare cash and can't afford to buy every new game when it release so I have to save for them. I got a full refund a brought The Witcher for 10 cheaper and that game works without annoying you with stupid bugs that should of not been there in the first place.
This is the first game I have brought and within a couple of days got a refund because of how bad the quality of the game was.

Stop clogging up our forum then.

Bloyski
26-05-2015, 15:38
No thanks. Sharing my views

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 15:38

Well none of them picked up on the fact that the AI doesn't seem to pit for tyres as part of their race strategy. They probably didn't play test the game thoroughly enough, which raises questions about how good reviewers actually are these days at reviewing games.

Well here is the caveat. The reviews bashed driveclub and I didn't buy because of that. If I had came on this forum on ps4 release day and had not read a pro review ... lets see people crying bloody murder and asking for refunds. I probably would not have bought this game. That would have been a mistake.

cluck
26-05-2015, 15:40
102 reviews now as it happens, average a little over 84% across all 3 formats :)

Ian - is it OK to post the graph of the review score spread in here?

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 15:41
Complexity of application. Don't blame the reviewers.

So if the reviewers are not qualified to review the app because of the complexity who should I blame? Their bosses?

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:42
So if the reviewers are not qualified to review the app because of the complexity who should I blame? Their bosses?

Us.

wraithsrike
I've got to be honest all the bitching certainly wears thin, especially when Ian even comes on and openly chats back to say yep I agree this and that needs looking at yet post after post thread after thread they still moan about the same things.

I watched clip after clip on facebook that was put up by the boys and I hand on heart can say I'm well chuffed with the game as are all my mates.

We all know it's got teething problems, but it's not as so the guys are ignoring them.

Me a six of lads spent most of the night down the pub last night all talking pCars, all our races and experiences, the games a diamond.

But moaners are gonna moan what ever

Sankyo

Tom.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:43

We don't need to hear that you've refunded our game and are enjoying The Witcher. It adds nothing here.

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 15:43
102 reviews now as it happens, average a little over 84% across all 3 formats :)

Ian - is it OK to post the graph of the review score spread in here?

I'm not sure how this impacts what im saying. I didn't say the reviews were shitty. Ian made me realize I'm saying the reviewers where :)

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 15:44
Im so confused right now...lol Who is tom. let me at him.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:44
I'm not sure how this impacts what im saying. I didn't say the reviews were shitty. Ian made me realize I'm saying the reviewers where :)

Yes, those were my exact words, all reviewers are shitty.

Franco Ferrari
26-05-2015, 15:46

Nope, because.... if you own the game and complain about it, you're still a customer.
If you don't own the game anymore, but still complain about it.... you're a troll a dude with too much spare time.

cluck
26-05-2015, 15:46
I'm not sure how this impacts what im saying. I didn't say the reviews were shitty. Ian made me realize I'm saying the reviewers where :)It doesn't, my apologies, I quoted you by mistake :o.

smithaldo
26-05-2015, 15:47
We don't need to hear that you've refunded our game and are enjoying The Witcher. It adds nothing here.

Why wouldn't you want to hear about it. Surely the fact that someone who has bought the game, and is that unsatisfied with it that they've returned it for a refund should be of concern?

Out of interest, do people returning the game have any impact on the money received by SMS as a company. Do you guys take the hit on that, or is that solely taken by the shop that sold the game in the first place?

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 15:48
Sorry but Ive always found it ironic that people bitch about money when referring to a $400 machine with $60 apps. When did the modern video game stop being a luxury item?

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:49
Why wouldn't you want to hear about it. Surely the fact that someone who has bought the game, and is that unsatisfied with it that they've returned it for a refund should be of concern?

Out of interest, do people returning the game have any impact on the money received by SMS as a company. Do you guys take the hit on that, or is that solely taken by the shop that sold the game in the first place?

Because this forum costs us money. It's for those who spent money on our game.

Seps1974
26-05-2015, 15:49

If you are having such a good time with The Witcher and got a refund on P CARS, maybe you should move forward and register on The Witcher forums to share all your happiness with other fans of that game.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:50

Missed your last point.

The returns have been some of the lowest seen by our partners. We're getting no hit. The reality is that many stores are out of stock. Our partners are reprinting hundreds of thousands of new boxes to cope.

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 15:51
Threads turning into a train wreck.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:53

I know.

We really need to stamp down on disruption.

Mods, go medieval.

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 15:55
What amazes me is.....if you returned the game ...then ...why........are ....you...here? Its like the guy who stalks his ex on facebook..

Seps1974
26-05-2015, 15:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVovq9TGBw0

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:01
I'm staying cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwuR8ddtAGU

Seps1974
26-05-2015, 16:04
I'm staying cheesy.

Oh Ian, you could have opted for the original from Journey. eheheh

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:06
Oh Ian, you could have opted for the original from Journey. eheheh

You know I did initially. But I wanted cheese.

Blackvault
26-05-2015, 16:07
I know.

We really need to stamp down on disruption.

Mods, go medieval.

Closure?

Pete

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:08
Closure?

Pete

No don't close.

Just remove obvious lunatic fringe members.

Seps1974
26-05-2015, 16:09
You know I did initially. But I wanted cheese.

From my point of view... you can't go wrong with cheese.

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 16:09
No don't close.

Just remove obvious lunatic fringe members.

Pmsl

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:10
I have a word on the patch. And this is serious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:16
I'm told we're on track for a 29th release.

Please don't shoot me if this goes wrong but that's my latest information.

MysterG
26-05-2015, 16:18

*** waits for someone to find the down side of that news ***

PeteUplink
26-05-2015, 16:19

Won't hold you to that, but good if it does come on that day.

Seps1974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpnnzMvLcbk&index=7&list=PLRhPRSCaz7Xd0JWzR1zyh3Ry3t0Sm7goV

LordDRIFT
*** waits for someone to find the down side of that news ***

The 29th is a racist date.

BlueFin175
26-05-2015, 16:20
</Request permission to resume life til Friday ? >

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:21
The 29th is a racist date.

You'll have to explain that one to me your Lordship.

Oh, hold on, I get it. Random negativity. I like it!

Seps1974
26-05-2015, 16:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46xv9fFmOG4

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 16:22

Love the way you've omitted the month lol

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:24

There's always one smart person :)

Blackvault
26-05-2015, 16:25

Never mind the month, Ian forgot the year! :D

Pete

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 16:28

Pete

February 2016

Seps1974
26-05-2015, 16:28

Pete
Wait... we're talking about the patch for P CARS 2, right?

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:30

Just remember guys, some of the greatest lyrics ever written:

'We're heading for Venus (Venus)
And still we stand tall
Cause maybe they've seen us
And welcome us, all yeah'

Deep....

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 16:30
Are there any concrete notes as to what the patch address's?

Westbeef
26-05-2015, 16:31

All it does is add a singular feature, that allows you to change the colour of the grass from green to pink.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:31

No, we typed them instead HERE (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes)

cluck
26-05-2015, 16:33
What time, precisely, on the 29th can we expect the patch? I will be most disappointed if it arrives a second earlier or later than the time you give us. And woe betide you good sir, if you dilly-dally one minute longer than is necessary, for I will post news of such heinous sins across every lamppost in the land should you fail to hold true to your good word.

(I might not be entirely serious)

RetroNooB
26-05-2015, 16:34

Pete

29th of julember twentyfifteventh

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 16:36
No, we typed them instead HERE (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes)

Smart arse

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 16:38
Smart arse

Honestly though, an engraving might be needed here. Or some sort of statue.

GonzoFK
26-05-2015, 18:10
I have sat and read , bitching, whining and abusive threads on here on a daily basis.
I play this game daily on XB1 (the weakest link) and this game, is far from unplayable, it is far better than anything I have played in the racing/sim genre.
I wonder how many of the whiners would actually hand back their game for a full refund? I would bet a very, very, small percentage, as anyone that can see through the teething issues, have to admit this is a fantastic game and we would all be poorer if the game wasn't here.
Nobody is saying it is perfect, what they are doing is answering your issues and registering the bugs and glitches you are reporting from what I'm reading.
The game is 2 weeks old, give them constructive advice by all means, as we all want the experience to be better, but just bear in mind, its a game and there are far bigger issues to worry about.

Oh and did I mention Ian Bell that my best lap time didn't save on the Azure community challenge and I hold you personally responsible! (tongue firmly in cheek)

I would love to hand back the game for a full refund & have actually sent an email on 21/05/2015 enquiring about getting my money back. Just waiting for a reply back.

Built350camaro2
26-05-2015, 18:28

I have played the game for over 3 years and have had very few bugs that broke the game. Maybe it was your setup that made the game bad. If you didn't try different setups or even post what your bugs where we cant diagnose what your problems where. You just gave up and went with a game that probably had 4 times the budget of this one and is in a totally different area of gaming, witcher doesn't have to worry about other people crashing you at 100+mph. Also I have watched a few streamers play witcher and it has its share of bugs.

Mark Quigley
26-05-2015, 18:28
I would love to hand back the game for a full refund & have actually sent an email on 21/05/2015 enquiring about getting my money back. Just waiting for a reply back.

I hope you don't get a refund as the game itself is fantastic, you should see issues getting knocked on the head very quickly if things progress like they did during development.
In my opinion the issues reporting problems and getting a response is something carried over from the development forums, there will be a transition from the dev forums where everyone knew each other, where to post and what not, to public forums.
Project cars has been developed in a rather different way from most, I hope you can stick about to see the benefits.

GonzoFK
26-05-2015, 18:48
I hope you don't get a refund as the game itself is fantastic, you should see issues getting knocked on the head very quickly if things progress like they did during development.
In my opinion the issues reporting problems and getting a response is something carried over from the development forums, there will be a transition from the dev forums where everyone knew each other, where to post and what not, to public forums.
Project cars has been developed in a rather different way from most, I hope you can stick about to see the benefits.

Issues getting knocked on the head very quickly? It's nearly 3 weeks since launch and there's still game breaking issues.

This is a quote from Ian Bell.

Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project Cars is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9 per cent complete, the remaining 0.1 per cent attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate.
We're absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that's what they'll receive.
Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There's a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project Cars is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one.

The game is by far from 99.9% complete & far from polished. The game I own isn't the same as the game described above.

Nestoche
26-05-2015, 18:51
Yea, people that return the game should just stay away! I think the reason they come back is because they still love the game, an indication of how the game is addicting and good! Hey, I'm just as disappointed in the bugs but PCars is still playable. Had a fun racing battle in my career mode the other day with the rookie formula car that I never experience before...What a blast that was.

Please Ian, keep improving PCars, you have something special and unique here!

Mark Quigley
26-05-2015, 19:17
"Despite therefore the game being 99.9 per cent complete, the remaining 0.1 per cent attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate."

I can understand this looking like BS but thinking about it, it's pretty spot on.
There was a point where tracks were just ribbons in the sky with a few cars to "drive" no features and nothing worked as it should.
Now contrast that with today and yes, it is 99.9% complete, there are hundreds of features included in the game that are working correctly.
This last .1% are proving not to be small issues for some, I agree, if you can not even play the game then the hundreds of features which work correctly mean nothing, the 99.9% complete means nothing.
It's still the truth depending on your perspective.
The house is fully furnished some folks just can't get in the door to see for themselves

lacslyer
26-05-2015, 19:26
"Despite therefore the game being 99.9 per cent complete, the remaining 0.1 per cent attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate."

I can understand this looking like BS but thinking about it, it's pretty spot on.
There was a point where tracks were just ribbons in the sky with a few cars to "drive" no features and nothing worked as it should.
Now contrast that with today and yes, it is 99.9% complete, there are hundreds of features included in the game that are working correctly.
This last .1% are proving not to be small issues for some, I agree, if you can not even play the game then the hundreds of features which work correctly mean nothing, the 99.9% complete means nothing.
It's still the truth depending on your perspective.
The house is fully furnished some folks just can't get in the door to see for themselves

Sure, until you hear about the things they purposely left out to be released later. Pit crews missing, AI tire degradation missing (on top of all the other AI issues), along with the myriad of bugs as well as overlooked aspects (clunky menu design, single setup saves, mismatching team gloves in career - minor but obviously an oversight) mean it doesn't even come close to 99.9%. Just because it's better than it was X months ago doesn't mean it's 99.9% completed.

Mark Quigley
26-05-2015, 19:34
Just because it's better than it was X months ago doesn't mean it's 99.9% completed.

This is the interesting bit, the game was more stable and playable for me 8 to 12 months ago but significantly less complete than it is now.

lacslyer
26-05-2015, 19:40
This is the interesting bit, the game was more stable and playable for me 8 to 12 months ago but significantly less complete than it is now.

As was said, 99.9% implies no missing features while only leaving bugs to be worked on. Not to be rude, but this game is far from that position.

cluck
26-05-2015, 19:41
re, the pit crews, they were working for a while but they were not working fully for all cars so the decision was taken to leave the pit-crew out entirely and patch in later when complete than release with a not-entirely-complete pit-crew and face the inevitable onslaught of complaints about the pit crew not being good enough in all circumstances. It was unfortunate they didn't make it to release, but they will appear in a patch in due course.

Mark Quigley
26-05-2015, 19:56
As was said, 99.9% implies no missing features while only leaving bugs to be worked on. Not to be rude, but this game is far from that position.

Tbh it does imply that, I would have felt happier trying to justify maybe 95% complete as that's the feeling I get.
You have to understand that someone running the game for the first time and not being able to play will have a different perspective from a dev who has been working on it for the past 3 to 4 years, then there are all of us plebs in-between :D
One will call it crap while the other will say it's the best thing they have ever done, the truth is somewhere in the middle, i'm just hoping people don't give up prematurely.

I went to a party once in the woods, turned up, was a bit crap, not many people there and the sound system was shit, went home in disgust.
Turns out we were in the car park and the main party was half a mile deeper into the woods, was told it was a blinder, best party in years.
Don't be me and go home early and miss some good craik :D

Howie
26-05-2015, 19:59
I cant speak for anyone else, but I blame the pro reviews for my initial disappointment. All the reviews downplayed or ignored many issues. So It sort of blindsides you a bit. Where any reviews 100? I want to know if I missed that one.

Howie
26-05-2015, 20:03
I see a life of endless disappointment for you. :watermelon:

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 20:04
No need for that kind of comments guys.

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 20:04
Where any reviews 100? I want to know if I missed that one.

I don't follow.

lacslyer
26-05-2015, 20:17
Tbh it does imply that, I would have felt happier trying to justify maybe 95% complete as that's the feeling I get.
You have to understand that someone running the game for the first time and not being able to play will have a different perspective from a dev who has been working on it for the past 3 to 4 years, then there are all of us plebs in-between :D
One will call it crap while the other will say it's the best thing they have ever done, the truth is somewhere in the middle, i'm just hoping people don't give up prematurely.

I went to a party once in the woods, turned up, was a bit crap, not many people there and the sound system was shit, went home in disgust.
Turns out we were in the car park and the main party was half a mile deeper into the woods, was told it was a blinder, best party in years.
Don't be me and go home early and miss some good craik :D

I completely understand the different perspective you might have, but also consider the majority of players in this game will not share that perspective. I'm not calling the game crap at all, it's just missing features that were intended to be implemented with the release and riddled with bugs and oversights. I think the game has massive potential to make sim racing more mainstream in a way, but it has a decent way to go before that. It's something I fully intend to follow for a while even if I'm not playing the game, which doesn't seem likely any time soon at least.

lobosrul
26-05-2015, 21:39
There are some things in the game and attitudes from WMD members that infuriate me, I won't get into details here. But at the moment I'm rather obsessively tuning and hotlapping the classic F1 cars, I already just about have my monies worth.

IMO the game is a few patches away from being really good, and probably 2 or 3 major updates or a DLC away from being great.

Is there an equivalent thread for PC?

lobosrul
26-05-2015, 21:43

Not a review, just misleading info from the official website, "simply check the Setup Manual for help or alternatively you can troubleshoot commonly-asked questions by asking your engineer". Ehrm, how exactly does one do this?

Doug914
26-05-2015, 22:35
They do pit. Not exactly always perfectly when they should but they do. Anyway, this is improved in the next patch.

The bulk of the cars will need fuel just before they need tires. Including F/A. So it's really not even a valid point really. They will change tires When in for the fuel
What is bugged is the AI starting on rain tires at race start, it starts raining about 5 or 6 laps in and then it *appears* they do not pit for tires ( becuase they don't need to). That we're fixing.

MiZtErNiCe
27-05-2015, 00:47
Because this forum costs us money. It's for those who spent money on our game.

i got the game free, does that mean im not welcome :disillusionment: lol