PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec CSR bug

Redslayer
26-05-2015, 16:21
Apologies if this has been brought up before, tried a search and there was some 60 page threads about fanatec wheels but didn't see it mentioned in the first page or two.

Using a fanatec CSR (standard) with elite pedals and Hpattern connected, if you reset the wheel (power off and back on) the game crashes every time.

Maybe some other people could test this to see if maybe its just an issue with my wheel specifically or a larger issue.

Granted the need to reset the wheel is extremely rare, but sometimes I need to leave to do something, I'll leave the game running but turn my wheel off. Can't currently do this with Pcars.

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 17:30
If I may ask, why do you need to turn off the wheel when leaving while keeping the game running?

I'll ask the devs anyway but I'm inclined to think that is such a 'special' thing to do that it may not have a high priority to be looked at, unless it's a symptom of a bigger/broader issue.

Just to make sure, this is with the PC version of the game?

flatspunout
26-05-2015, 17:39
I'm guessing the OP is on PS4 as this is the PS4 section, the platform defaults to PC and this is his first post. I've noticed this as well, several times my CSR has gone ape shit for no reason (hard lock to one side or the other, rumble motors rumbling at full rumble) and I've turned it off to avoid burning up my hardware. The game crashes every time, much like joining an online session in progress.

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 17:49
PS4 fixes for Fanatec wheels are coming in an upcoming patch asap.

Redslayer
26-05-2015, 21:08
I'm guessing the OP is on PS4 as this is the PS4 section, the platform defaults to PC and this is his first post. I've noticed this as well, several times my CSR has gone ape shit for no reason (hard lock to one side or the other, rumble motors rumbling at full rumble) and I've turned it off to avoid burning up my hardware. The game crashes every time, much like joining an online session in progress.

Yes PS4 sorry about that. And I turn it off because I've had a game glitch and burn a wheel up before after I'd left the room. The game froze and sent the wheel to full lock and held it there. When I got back the wheel was making terrible noises and had weak force feedback for a couple weeks before finally failing all the way.

This was on 360 and is what lead to me buying my Fanatec. So I just do it as a precaution.

That and I've had to reset my wheel once with Pcars due to it having strange ffb issues, that made need to reset my wheel.

I'd heard that the patch was coming, but I didn't know if this issue had been brought to light.