PDA

View Full Version : [Known Issue] All Four Tyres Puncture/Glitch After A Pitstop

Jescott71
26-05-2015, 17:19
I was doing a 1 hour 40 minutes endurance race at Sakitto, using the McLaren GT3 car in career mode.

Around 40 minutes into the race, it starts to rain, so I come into the pits to change to wet weather tyres. As soon as I leave the pits and regain manual control of the car, all four tyres on the car puncture (at least I assume that's what happens as the car is almost undrivable). So I crawl back to the pits to change tyres again, assuming this is some kind of glitch.

As I enter the pits and the AI takes control of the the car, all four tyres are magically back to normal, but I change tyres again anyway just to make sure. After putting on new tyres, as soon as I leave the pits, the exact same thing happens again! I crawl around again, pit in, and this time change to intermediate tyres. As soon as I leave the pits, it happens again! At this point I just retired.

Has anyone else had this issue? I did a quick search of the forum but couldn't see anything like this.

I have a screenshot of the issue to show what happened to the tyres.

Prophet216
27-05-2015, 03:16
its because the pit is adjusting your tire pressure to 0.50 bars most likely. that would be your default pit setup lol. Someone told me quote "the game is missing some comfort features but is very playable." What do you think? Are knowing your psi/bar, damage, tire type, and being able to tune comfort features?

IrideGravity
27-05-2015, 03:34
You did put on the ice tires right? Me thinks you stumbled onto something interesting here? Almost looks like your riding on the rim through some glitch? What you describe sounds like riding on a rim? Some video would be cool through. Could be just one odd picture.

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 03:37
I told him not to leave them screws lying around:rolleyes:

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 03:39
Auto pit settings, if you can read the small print and work out how it all works!

IrideGravity
27-05-2015, 04:02
Auto pit settings, if you can read the small print and work out how it all works!

Nah. They don't work either. I got in a " gentle men's agreement" lobby where everyone was expected to make a pit stop. After I got it set up and saved a strategy. It didn't work and I ended up to long in the pits taking fuel when I had selected no fuel. The other drivers just took off taking full advantage of the situation. Wouldn't answer my questions about why my strategy didn't get used. They must have been keen to the post liked several times above that suggests you have to manually pull up each time and win the mini game of completing current strategy before you hit your pit box. Only a suitable work around if you have enough time. I can tell already there's going to be times where the pit entry won't be long enough and a pit stall near the pit entry instead of exit will cost you your strategy.

And for the record. Individual files for each cars potential pit strategy is absurd. Such a lame use of system memory/resources, surely playstation thanks you for the junk food files though. Should have just implemented a one menu solution on every pit entry and placed the player in the stall of their choice or in the front or made sure that AI control was implemented with enough time for player to accomplish his pit strategy in a menu.

MrStef85
27-05-2015, 10:04
Never encounterd this glitch.

Prophet216
27-05-2015, 12:51
Someone get that guy a hat

Jescott71
27-05-2015, 20:37
its because the pit is adjusting your tire pressure to 0.50 bars most likely. that would be your default pit setup lol. Someone told me quote "the game is missing some comfort features but is very playable." What do you think? Are knowing your psi/bar, damage, tire type, and being able to tune comfort features?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to this level of detail in a racing sim, so I don't know a lot about it. The tyre pressure was 1.5bar, the furthest to left it could go. That's what it was at default, so since I don't know too much about that sort of thing, I left it at that, assuming the game would choose the best available option like it does when it auto-selects what tyres to start the race on.

I've pitted and switched from dry tyres to wet tyres before and not had any problems, but I can't remember what pressures were used. As I say, I leave it at default for now until I can get a better understanding of it.

Doug914
03-06-2015, 13:33
I was doing a 1 hour 40 minutes endurance race at Sakitto, using the McLaren GT3 car in career mode.

Around 40 minutes into the race, it starts to rain, so I come into the pits to change to wet weather tyres. As soon as I leave the pits and regain manual control of the car, all four tyres on the car puncture (at least I assume that's what happens as the car is almost undrivable). So I crawl back to the pits to change tyres again, assuming this is some kind of glitch.

As I enter the pits and the AI takes control of the the car, all four tyres are magically back to normal, but I change tyres again anyway just to make sure. After putting on new tyres, as soon as I leave the pits, the exact same thing happens again! I crawl around again, pit in, and this time change to intermediate tyres. As soon as I leave the pits, it happens again! At this point I just retired.

Has anyone else had this issue? I did a quick search of the forum but couldn't see anything like this.

I have a screenshot of the issue to show what happened to the tyres.

Hey Jescott, could you try to reprocuce this when you get the 1.4 patch? I think it might have been fixed. I had a repro here on my own and has since gone away with all the 1.4 updates. I beleive the tire pressure fix for the pit strategy might have fixed it. Thanks

AXII
12-06-2015, 15:14
I never had this bug prior to the patch released today but now I get it everytime in my career mode. I come in for my mandatory tyre change and once I leave all my tyres are flat. Is there a fix for this?

HarryHoodlum
12-06-2015, 15:17
I never had this bug prior to the patch released today but now I get it everytime in my career mode. I come in for my mandatory tyre change and once I leave all my tyres are flat. Is there a fix for this?

You need to hire a better pit crew.

xMinzman
12-06-2015, 15:30
i also have this glitch with 1.04 :(

Cuba
12-06-2015, 15:45
i also have this glitch with 1.04 :(
I may have missed it, but what do you have your tire wear set at? Is it normal or accelerated?

CPDodge
12-06-2015, 17:06

Same here, never had a problem until the update. I haven't touched any of the settings since I last played, and now this happens after every pit stop. It's very annoying :\

xMinzman
12-06-2015, 17:31
Same here, never had a problem until the update. I haven't touched any of the settings since I last played, and now this happens after every pit stop. It's very annoying :\

yep i got the same issue after the patch.

LeMansIndy500
12-06-2015, 18:09
Does this happen by pure chance or is it something that happens every time you put?

Have been looking forward to resuming my career since this patch and now am worried about delaying it again.

bartman2176
12-06-2015, 18:20
I had same issue which is bloody infuriating. I was retiring from races as I couldn't get back to pits. Tried a new pit stop set and adjusted pressures and it seem to be cured in next race ...... Phew

SAMURAIJONES1
12-06-2015, 18:34
hi jescott,
after searching for my problem i found yours nearly the same...i have previously to the 1.4 patch raced three seasons without a problem...but since the download when i make my mandatory pitstop and drive back onto the track and within metres my car becomes uncontrollable and immediately i notice 4 red tyres on my hud....when i switch to outside camera it looks like either 4 flat tyres or my wheels are clipping into the tarmac. i cannot get passed my first race (i have tried starting a new season but the same thing happens) please do you have any ideas?
thanks in advance
lev

amazed
12-06-2015, 18:56
Exactly same problem here, after 1.4 patch.

Looked at Pit Instructions and noticed that Soft tyres were being fitted.

Set up a new instruction to fit medium and now all okay.

Seems odd though.

Huw Gass
12-06-2015, 19:18
Just had this issue, never had it before the patch. I don't think my tyres were punctured, the were immediately overheated and I think the car was dragging along the ground, I guessed that the tyre pressures were way too low, although in the pit menu while coming in I'm sure they looked quote high..
Anyway completely ruined the race as cars streamed past me on the straight as I couldn't accelerate.

englishbob
12-06-2015, 20:20
Same here for me...tried it twice to make sure...:chargrined:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBQZyzGdOgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCqu7k-45tA

LeMansIndy500
12-06-2015, 23:16
I've just had this issue as well. I ran 2 races and pitted twice on each.

The first was Dubai GP with both stops changing hard tyres. All 4 went red within the first lap after both pitstops.

The second was at Le Mans Bugatti and exactly the same things happened.

I tried to get a video but the capture gallery let me down!

LeMansIndy500
13-06-2015, 07:30
I have posted the link to this in the Technical Help section to see if anybody else has the same problem or has an idea on what is causing it.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31078-All-4-Tyres-Puncture-Glitch-After-A-Pitstop&p=987391#post987391

Roger Prynne
13-06-2015, 09:20
Yes it's known and being looked into.

xMinzman
13-06-2015, 09:21
i hope we don't have to wait another 4 weeks for the new patch ...

sikander
13-06-2015, 09:24
Hi, i have the same bug after the pit stop in the second race. I exit Pit and 100 meters after all 4 tires come red.
No problem befor the patch.

englishbob
13-06-2015, 09:41

Thanks.

I found this within 10 minutes of play. How come this doesn't get picked up? I would suggest playing the game as a test, rather than using tools. Shelved the game now

LeMansIndy500
13-06-2015, 09:48

Thanks Roger.

tarbat
13-06-2015, 09:58

So, will the XB1 1.4 patch be withheld until this is investigated and fixed?

Oddbob
13-06-2015, 12:50

Is this known? I have a similar issue to the OP, when you pit the first time in any session, it changes tires properly, you go on your way, however the tires go immediately red within maybe 10-20 seconds of driving. Then you pit a second time, pit stop happens, but as soon as you get to manual control, the car dead stops and is partially in the pavement. Sometimes you can gradually gas your way out of being stuck in the pavement, and sometimes the engines blows beforehand. After this, it alternates what it does when you pit, 1st time, you drive out clean, with red tires immediately, and the 2nd time, you get stuck again.

Also, on 2nd stops, if you get out of being stuck, the tires never get past blue, and are like driving with butter on your tires.

Umer Ahmad
13-06-2015, 13:59
Yes red hot tyres after pit has been reported as an urgent fix. I posted tothe developers yesterday

stupidstormy36
13-06-2015, 19:57
I can also confirm this as well. I was driving the Clio Cup Car at the Snetterton 200 circuit, and was running fine when it started lightly raining. So I made a stop to put on a softer compound (softs) as I didn't deem rain tires necessary at the time. Had proper grip, but was sliding around a little bit more than before. A couple of laps later the rain stops, and my left rear tire goes red towards the end of the current lap. I figured that the track might be drying and heating up enough, but still found it weird that it was one of my rear tires, and it happened so fast. Went back in, changed back over to the hard compounds, left the pressures at defaults (1.19 bars on all I think?, lower than what I set up in my tuning though), as I couldn't remember what I had them set to at the time, and went back out. My tires started out green (again, I though it strange as I remember them being blue when changing them). About half a lap out, my tires started changing red, one after the other. That's when I realized, this isn't normal. Figured I'd check it out, and voila. I was able to finish the session, though. I'll try to upload a video later, as I have it recorded.

EDIT: I uploaded the video. Video Link (Youtube) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaeGMjd7B8k)

TXcountry
13-06-2015, 22:00
Had this problem last night. Made a post about it.

Only way I got through it was to race until simulate rest of race was available then did that to let the AI drive and do the pit stop. The AI didn't get the flat tires put on his car and was able to finish my rave for me.

Roger Prynne
13-06-2015, 22:07
Had this problem last night. Made a post about it.

Only way I got through it was to race until simulate rest of race was available then did that to let the AI drive and do the pit stop. The AI didn't get the flat tires put on his car and was able to finish my rave for me.

You were having a rave... why wasn't I invited... ;)

Rustyjaw
13-06-2015, 22:39
Ditto this kind of experience. GT4 career race at Imola, Ginetta G55, second race, pitted and came out with two flat rear tires.

Being patient. I know you guys are working hard. This game is clearly complex and these issues sort of demonstrate that, I think.

System: PS4, 1.4 patch, T300RS wheel and T3PA pedals.

PSIONUK
14-06-2015, 05:25
Here's our experience of the issue here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaAvncyYqi0

SAMURAIJONES1
14-06-2015, 06:29
hi i am having the same problem so for the time being till thy fix it i have turned tyre wear off in options then made a custom pitstop and named it no tyre change (after checking no change of tyres is chosen in pitstop options) and now i can finish the 2nd rabces of any weekend...hope that helps you guys out too

Gazronicus
14-06-2015, 14:47
Had this same problem today.What i found was that every new race ( if you are doing pitstops ),if you have multiple setups, then you have to appoint the pitstop setup from the menu that has tyre changes.My usual pitstop save allows for tyre changes but another pitstop save has no tyre changes. What happened to me was that if i did not edit the setup when entering the pits then the setup gave me the menu for no tyre changes and had 4 red tyres. This happened 3 times in one race till i selected the pitstop menu with the tyres to be changed. It seemed to default to the no tyres setup.This is hard to put into words but i hope this helps .

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 16:03
I think what you are trying to say is that you can save multiple pit stop configurations and must choose the one that corresponds to your race at the time and not leave it at the first one.... which in your case is the one with no tyre changes....

Correct?

I7akk0N
14-06-2015, 16:57
Just here to confirm, gazronicus's explanation helped, and I was able to continue racing. :D Thank you! :)

mcarver2000
14-06-2015, 17:29
I only have 1 pit stop stategy with tire change and am having the tire temp problems after a pit stop. Will test with a second no tire change option. My question, are you sure you are getting new tires when you switch?

Had this same problem today.What i found was that every new race ( if you are doing pitstops ),if you have multiple setups, then you have to appoint the pitstop setup from the menu that has tyre changes.My usual pitstop save allows for tyre changes but another pitstop save has no tyre changes. What happened to me was that if i did not edit the setup when entering the pits then the setup gave me the menu for no tyre changes and had 4 red tyres. This happened 3 times in one race till i selected the pitstop menu with the tyres to be changed. It seemed to default to the no tyres setup.This is hard to put into words but i hope this helps .

Umer Ahmad
14-06-2015, 17:37
Sounds like we have a work-around (not a fix!)

Can someome clarify the temprary solution?

Umer Ahmad
14-06-2015, 17:37

I7akk0N
14-06-2015, 17:58
I'll try to clarify.

Before a race, "edit pit strategy", enter "default", allow for tire changes, and save the strategy. Previous to 1.04 it seems, pit crew automatically changed tires for you. After 1.04 you need to tell your crew to change your tires.

I did the above, and it worked on PS4. I'm not sure it works on any other platform. Hope this helps! :)

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 19:19
Is this bug just happening in career mode? because I'm not getting it at all in QRW, no matter if I have change tyres or not in pit stop.

JAJP999
14-06-2015, 19:49
just had this in single player so def still an issue

Synner40
14-06-2015, 20:21
sitting in a corner on all four flats online. this is bullcrap. in my group of friends in the only one getting affected by it.

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 20:28
just had this in single player so def still an issue

What platform? and have you run career mode before, because I have never used it.

-IGN- Spinster
14-06-2015, 20:47
[PC online] This just happened to my LeMans race.. 4 tire blowout and never made it back on the track.

grimdanfango
14-06-2015, 20:52
So far I've encountered this in an online race, Radical SR8 at Road America, and also offline, BMW Z4 at Hockenheim GP. Those are the only times I've actually attempted a pit strategy, so at this point it's affected 100% of my pitstops :-)

I tried to get to the bottom of what's happening in the Hockenheim race... I got the feeling that the tire pressures were getting mapped to a different number scale than what's shown.

In the end, I've come to a different conclusion - the optimal tire pressures I'd worked out in practice were also the pressures that kept the tires *coolest* after a pitstop. They still overheated massively, but on the optimal pressures they'd only tend to get 30-40 degrees C hotter, where setting them substantially higher or lower would both overheat them by more like 70-80 degrees C.
The other factor that I noticed is that the tires that got the hottest were the ones that received the *least* weight/wear through a lap - ie, the tires that tended to stay coolest before the pitstop. The Front-Left tire gets hammered around Hockenheim, and oddly, that was the only tire that tended to stay a reasonable temperature after pitting.

I get the feeling that it's not actually a tire pressure issue... I get the impression that an internal value somewhere is getting negated after a pitstop... so a tire that typically cools down by say 8 degrees along a straight, now heats up by that same 8 degrees. So tires that get the easiest ride will actually overheat the quickest.

Absolutely no idea if that's close to what's really happening, but I thought it might be worth mentioning, incase it happens to put someone on the right track to pinning down what's really causing the problem.

Oh, this is on the PC version by the way.

(Edit: In addition, I don't know if it's related to the same issue, but in that same Hockenheim offline race, every single AI driver ends up with all four tires going flat, and scrape round on their rims a couple of laps before eventually piling off into a mass-car-grave in the gravel trap at the start of the home straight! So far I haven't had any actual flats myself, but I've usually pitted within 2-3 laps of seeing my tires overheat, to test out various settings)

mcarver2000
15-06-2015, 00:19
Just tested this out. It "sorta" works. It's not a perfect solution. I do not run stock/default tire pressure. I tried this option and while the tire temps after the pit stop are in a more "normal" range, they do not even come close the tire temps I get when I run my non-stock pressures. It doesn't seem to matter what one's tire pressures are in the "change tires" strategy, using this method (setting a "no tire change" as default and then selecting "change tires" settings when entering the pits), one seems to get a stock-tire pressure setting. I have tested this with various tire pressures and checked the results by watching the tire temps in the HUD after my pit stop for new tires.

So far the only solution that works for non-stock tire pressures is to create a pit strategy that compensates for the difference after the pit stop.

Afterlithe
15-06-2015, 01:47
This also happens to me and makes the game unplayable in career. Every time I make a mandatory pit stop, all 4 tires go red and blowout immediately leaving the pit lane. I have tire wear set to to OFF too...

Oddbob
15-06-2015, 03:53
I honestly don't think the tires blowout, I think your car is just stuck in the pavement. I have gassed my way past the manual control line in the pit (when stuck), and the car pops back up on track, and has all 4 tires working, although won't go past blue.

silversi
15-06-2015, 10:53
I've had this happen 3 times in a row now. I'm currently in career mode, GT3 race at Laguna Seca, every mandatory pit stop I get 4 red tyres as soon as I re-join the track. Tried limping round and re-pitting, but still the same result. Have put the game away...again.

jgaganas
15-06-2015, 12:12
Confirmed, also on PC: GT3 Career@Brno, Second Race (Wet), happens immediately after pit out (mandatory pit stop, default strategy). v1.4, car was 12C.

Roger Prynne
15-06-2015, 12:25
Guys we all know there is a problem here, so need to keep posting conformations about it as it just adds noise the the thread.
If you have some sort of workaround then fair enough.

Fong74
15-06-2015, 12:35
Wouldn't it make sense to have an official (read-only, sticky, etc) thread here on the forums that informs about the issues SMS is aware of and working on? It will not stop ppl from posting the same issues over and over again, but those posts could be easily answered by a link to the named thread....

It is hard to find consolidated infos on bugs/fixes generally here imho. As this will remain the major topic for the next weeks I think its worth thinking about such an info-thread. Im sure the users will help keeping it up to date. The community-driven aspect is not used to its full extent atm. More is possible I think. So maybe such a thread would help optimize the interaction with the community. Although I am aware that this would mean quite an effort for the mods to keep the thread updated.

jgaganas
15-06-2015, 12:42
Guys we all know there is a problem here, so need to keep posting conformations about it as it just adds noise the the thread.
If you have some sort of workaround then fair enough.

No offense, but this isn't stated in PC known issues:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-08-06

Also happend to me for the first time (so I didn't know anything about it).

I'm also not aware of a workaround (which should also be stated in the known issues thread).

Edit: Sorry it is in PC known issues, but under another descrption "Tire overheat quickly after pitstop".

Anyway, happend the first time for me (after v1.4 Patch).

Bealdor
15-06-2015, 12:50
No offense, but this isn't stated in PC known issues:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-08-06

It is, it's called "Tires overheat quickly after a pitstop" under "Physics. There's even an update link to this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27968-All-Four-Tyres-Puncture-Glitch-After-A-Pitstop&p=988232&viewfull=1#post988232).

jgaganas
15-06-2015, 13:00
It is, it's called "Tires overheat quickly after a pitstop" under "Physics. There's even an update link to this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27968-All-Four-Tyres-Puncture-Glitch-After-A-Pitstop&p=988232&viewfull=1#post988232).

Got it, thanks (see edit). Didn't found it in the first place, because all four tires were immediately punctured (not just overheated).

Roger Prynne
15-06-2015, 14:23
Wouldn't it make sense to have an official (read-only, sticky, etc) thread here on the forums that informs about the issues SMS is aware of and working on? It will not stop ppl from posting the same issues over and over again, but those posts could be easily answered by a link to the named thread....

It is hard to find consolidated infos on bugs/fixes generally here imho. As this will remain the major topic for the next weeks I think its worth thinking about such an info-thread. Im sure the users will help keeping it up to date. The community-driven aspect is not used to its full extent atm. More is possible I think. So maybe such a thread would help optimize the interaction with the community. Although I am aware that this would mean quite an effort for the mods to keep the thread updated.

You mean like these threads...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PC%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PS4%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22497-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28XB1%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!

Oddbob
15-06-2015, 15:14
Just tested this out. It "sorta" works. It's not a perfect solution. I do not run stock/default tire pressure. I tried this option and while the tire temps after the pit stop are in a more "normal" range, they do not even come close the tire temps I get when I run my non-stock pressures. It doesn't seem to matter what one's tire pressures are in the "change tires" strategy, using this method (setting a "no tire change" as default and then selecting "change tires" settings when entering the pits), one seem so get a stock-tire pressure setting. I have tested this with various tire pressures and checked the results by watching the tire temps in the HUD after my pit stop for new tires.

So far the only solution that works for non-stock tire pressures is to create a pit strategy that compensates for the difference after the pit stop.

Yes, I have found that this works. As long as you set your tire pressure to a decent level, the tires won't go red like they are.

cwinnbari
15-06-2015, 21:31
Yes, I have found that this works. As long as you set your tire pressure to a decent level, the tires won't go red like they are.

So how does this workaround work? (I guess I'm looking for a square one guide.)

From what I gather if you have not adjusted the tire pressures in the pit strategy or setup the tires won't blow.

Now if you want to race with adjusted tire pressures you need to create a new pit strategy that says not to change tires, but when you're in the race edit it to what tires you want?

Thanks for any input into how wrong I am haha

mcarver2000
16-06-2015, 00:14
This is my approach (as I do not use "default" tire pressure)... Just make sure that when you pit for tires to not open your pit strategy, just click on CLOSE (otherwise you will get default tire pressure).

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31047-INVESTIGATING-Very-Hot-tyres-after-pit-stop&p=989170#post989170

So how does this workaround work? (I guess I'm looking for a square one guide.)

From what I gather if you have not adjusted the tire pressures in the pit strategy or setup the tires won't blow.

Now if you want to race with adjusted tire pressures you need to create a new pit strategy that says not to change tires, but when you're in the race edit it to what tires you want?

Thanks for any input into how wrong I am haha

MasterOperator1
18-06-2015, 14:17
Hi together. Same on xbox one also with 1.4. yesterday evening. Career in Clio Cup. Donīt know if there is own thread for this and xbox one. But this forum has became pretty much confusing.

Donīt find it here. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22497-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(XB1)-Not-for-bug-reporting!

Sorry for the "maybe" false thread. Will test it with donīt open the pit strategy menu.

MasterOperator1
21-06-2015, 10:03
This is my approach (as I do not use "default" tire pressure)... Just make sure that when you pit for tires to not open your pit strategy, just click on CLOSE (otherwise you will get default tire pressure).

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31047-INVESTIGATING-Very-Hot-tyres-after-pit-stop&p=989170#post989170

Unfortunately this doesnīt work at xbox one (Clio Cup) . I tried all anything imagineable. Nothing helps. :( This needs to be fixed soon as possible.

John Turbo
21-06-2015, 11:57
I have a similar issue. While driving in formula B 100% distance after I come into the pit to make my pitstop as soon As I hit the pit exit all my tires turn red and it's undriveable. I have tried default pit strategy, making my own but it's still has the same effect. While trying my own strategy it didn't turn the tires red but still drove as they were red. I don't know where else to post this but it's put a damper on my career, and is quite a bad glitch.

Droidistan
04-07-2015, 14:07
Same thing. Just fired up the game for the first time since last update patch was installed. Everything was running smoothly, until the first mandatory pitstop. Just clicked close, after animation I drove away and bam! unsteerable, tyres all red.

Jescott71
04-07-2015, 17:26
Hey Jescott, could you try to reprocuce this when you get the 1.4 patch? I think it might have been fixed. I had a repro here on my own and has since gone away with all the 1.4 updates. I beleive the tire pressure fix for the pit strategy might have fixed it. Thanks

Apologies for never getting back to anyone regarding this, the reason why is that I've never had this happen again, either before or after the 1.04 patch, and I re-ran the race (in the following season that is) and the issue did not occur again, so I took this to be a weird one-off issue. I didn't realise it was more of a widespread problem.

LeMansIndy500
14-07-2015, 22:31
I've still got this issue. The first pit stops work okay, using the pit stop strategy solution. However, the second pitstop and all further stops after the tyres overheat within the first 2 laps. Is this issue still being looked at as it has once again prevented me from playing the career mode? I'm worried the devs think this is fixed and therefore believe no more fixes are required.

The event I did was in career and was the Zolder 3 Hours in real time with real tyre wear progression.

rw02kr43
23-07-2015, 17:24
I have the issue too after the last patch. Any time I pit while running 24 hours Lemans my tires are red and car is undriveable. I also keep losing my gearbox somehow.

Jason

Paulpg87
24-07-2015, 08:30
I can report that I had it too. It happened only once but it was annoying as it spoiled a long race.
Best regards

julesdennis
24-07-2015, 10:28
This is indeed something to be fixed.Third time -last night- while racing in an endurance championship,I've got hit by the tire bug(3rd time in 3 races)
I've been trying to use every possible solution to fix this but no matter what I do it is not working.
This is something that they really need to fix.It makes the game unplayable.
(It happend to another guy too last night,doing the same race).

Fong74
24-07-2015, 11:42
This issue needs fixing, we all aggree on that I guess. But there is a simple way to omit it, if you want to run longer races without a weather change (which makes changing tires a must):

At the very top of the pit strategy options you can define *not* to change tires if you pit. Doing so results in completely untouched tires when leaving the pits, including being not affected by any inflation issues/bugs (as there seem to be several issues or causes still present). You get fueled up, you get your car repaired, but exit with the same tires you started the race. This one must be aware of when it comes to considering the grip level of ones tires.

Soft tires lasted about 2h before patch v2.0 in Le Mans with LMP2 cars. Wear was slightly increased with v2.0, so 1,5h races should still be possible. Choosing harder compounds will extend race times even further.

Until the pitstop bugs are completely removed, the upper is the aproach my racing community chose to deal with the status quo.

Any feedback concerning possible draw-backs or constellations causing inflation issues re-occur nevertheless, is very welcome.

julesdennis
24-07-2015, 12:45
Nice idea Fong but I was running in an endurance race that has weather change.So even if I wanted (want) to keep the same set of tires (plus keep in mind that we ran with x2 tire wear) I could not do it.
This is a simple matter:this needs to get fixed.

Fong74
24-07-2015, 13:03
Totally aggree. I was just suggesting the upper for online races.