PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me get my T300 & T3PAs set up nicely please (not FFB)

Spirit X
26-05-2015, 17:44
They've just arrived and everything seems to be working well, which is a good start. I've got the Jack Spade file also, so don't need any FFB help (yet). What I would really appreciate is for some wheel users to give a suggestion of where the following settings should be for a nice experience with the wheel and pedals. I spent a week playing with them on the DS4 controller until I found that perfect set and it'd great if I can get a good starting point with the wheel please:

Steering Deadzone: (assume zero?)
Steering Sensitivity:
Throttle Sensitivity:
Brake Sensitivity:
Clutch Sensitivity:
Speed Sensitivity:
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: (what is this?)
Force Feedback:

Controller Input Mode:
Advanced:
Soft Steering Dampening:
Visual Wheel Filtering: (what is this?)
Opposite Lock Help:

Also, please can you advise regarding steering lock bearing in mind I would ideally like full lock to be at around 100-120 degrees. I've already read threads advising that I use the 900 degree mode on the wheel but I don't want to have to turn it 900 degrees to get full lock. That would take me like 10 seconds to steer into a slow corner! What do you guys do regarding the settings for this and steering ratios with the cars in general (i.e. do you tend to turn them up, turn them down or pretty much leave them alone)?

Finally, which of the 4 sets of FFB settings in the Jack Spade file do people tend to prefer? I'm new to all this and don't know where to begin!

Many thanks for any help.

Spirit X
26-05-2015, 23:33
Bump for some help please.

ivan-hoe78
27-05-2015, 02:18
Hi Spirit. I try to help you if I can. English is not my language. I will explain to you how I have some of this settings which I'm playing and enjoying a lot with my Thrustmaster T300 GTE, apart of the bugs the game has.

I have the Jack Spade FFB Tweaks like you, and I use the Fy+Sop lateral.

1 - Be sure your FFB global force are 100%. This makes you not missing any detail from it.

2 - For me the Tire Force at 100% is too strong. It's unreal to turn the wheel and feeling it so stiff without passing on a curb or something similar, only turning the wheel. Because of this I put my Tire Force at 70 or 75 and it's perfect for the time being.

3 - I f you still feeling too strong force feedback, you can change values like says on the FFB Tweaks archive with "Master Scale" and "SOP Scale" at the same level always, on every car settings.

Steering Deadzone: (assume zero?) I have zero deadzone on steering. For me it works perfect. The only exception are the KARTS. Without deadzone, you must be really skilled to drive in straight line. Don't worry, with practice you will.
Steering Sensitivity: I have this by default. At the moment I'm not having problems regarding this. For the moment I don't touch it because I'm fine.

Throttle Sensitivity:
Brake Sensitivity:
Clutch Sensitivity:
Speed Sensitivity:

All the pedals sensitivity I have it by default. The only thing I've changed was lower the deadzone to 0 on all the pedals. At this moment I don't remember how I have Speed Sensitivity. But I think is by default.
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: (what is this?) Im not sure what is this, but I don't touch it. I think it's something to do with the Dualshock 4.

Controller Input Mode:
Advanced:
Soft Steering Dampening:
Opposite Lock Help:

I don't have enabled the Advanced settings on Controller Input Mode. Seems to be something with the DS4 too. But I knows there are an issue with the Opposite Lock Help. It changes every time you restart the game or something similar, but not sure. In any case, I have this settings disabled.

With the FFB, the list of Jack Spade FFB Tweaks and the pedals like I've wrote above, I'm enjoyining a LOT driving. I recommend you that settings. Only the bugs are destroying the experience a little, but the feeling when driving is supreme for me. Maybe it improves in future, but for now is really good.

I have my wheel at 900 degrees and it's perfect. Don't worry, put your wheel at 900, you will learn with practice, and a slow corner don't take you 10 seconds. You can try different degrees on your wheel and see what you like most, but I recommend you the 900.

Note: I have several years driving racing games. I play Project Cars at maximum level difficulty always, and it's a "little" easy for me. I'm not new at driving games. Don't know how your skills are, but I suppose this settings will work fine for you too.

Hope my english was enough and this helps to you. Regards.

arthurino
27-05-2015, 03:10
Ivan-hoe78...great and thorough response and your English was fine.

dwalldorf
27-05-2015, 11:58
Hey Spirit X, I have throttle-/brake deadzone set to 0, sensitivity to 100 for both. Don't have a clutch so can't give you any hints there. If you find yourself struggling when exiting corners (oversteer / drift) all the time, first try set the throttle deadzone a little higher. It might give you a better experience because it gives you a little more space to feel how hard you press the throttle.

Mr_Mushy_Peaz_
27-05-2015, 12:05
Do you ever lose FFB on your wheel when in an online race, I get it all the time it's driving me crazy. T300rs

dwalldorf
27-05-2015, 13:37
Do you ever lose FFB on your wheel when in an online race, I get it all the time it's driving me crazy. T300rs

I noticed this when the PS4 was in power saving mode while the game was on. Restarting the game or PS4 helps for me.

Diablo944
27-05-2015, 14:58

Dont let the ps4 go into standby with the game still running and the wheel connected. Always close the game before letting the ps4 go to sleep. I found that the wheel randomly picked up all sorts of glitches, including loss of ffb if you woke the playstation up and went straight back to racing. The worst being that it would occasionally decide at the start of a race or test drive it would suddenly throw the wheel hard left 90 degrees and default to that position with the force feedback holding it firmly in place, the only option was to unplug the wheel from the ps4 and plug it back in (happened in an online race when i needed the wheel to reset fast), bringing the obvious delays a disconnected wheel causes in resetting itself and having to tell the ps the wheel is back, but the Wheel then worked fine for that one race, but then did exactly the same hard left on the next race.

So for me at least, every time i finish for the night, i force close project cars before cutting the power to the wheel. No issues since working that one out.

Spirit X
27-05-2015, 15:12
Hi Spirit. I try to help you if I can. English is not my language. I will explain to you how I have some of this settings which I'm playing and enjoying a lot with my Thrustmaster T300 GTE, apart of the bugs the game has.

I have the Jack Spade FFB Tweaks like you, and I use the Fy+Sop lateral.

1 - Be sure your FFB global force are 100%. This makes you not missing any detail from it.

2 - For me the Tire Force at 100% is too strong. It's unreal to turn the wheel and feeling it so stiff without passing on a curb or something similar, only turning the wheel. Because of this I put my Tire Force at 70 or 75 and it's perfect for the time being.

3 - I f you still feeling too strong force feedback, you can change values like says on the FFB Tweaks archive with "Master Scale" and "SOP Scale" at the same level always, on every car settings.

Steering Deadzone: (assume zero?) I have zero deadzone on steering. For me it works perfect. The only exception are the KARTS. Without deadzone, you must be really skilled to drive in straight line. Don't worry, with practice you will.
Steering Sensitivity: I have this by default. At the moment I'm not having problems regarding this. For the moment I don't touch it because I'm fine.

Throttle Sensitivity:
Brake Sensitivity:
Clutch Sensitivity:
Speed Sensitivity:

All the pedals sensitivity I have it by default. The only thing I've changed was lower the deadzone to 0 on all the pedals. At this moment I don't remember how I have Speed Sensitivity. But I think is by default.
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: (what is this?) Im not sure what is this, but I don't touch it. I think it's something to do with the Dualshock 4.

Controller Input Mode:
Advanced:
Soft Steering Dampening:
Opposite Lock Help:

I don't have enabled the Advanced settings on Controller Input Mode. Seems to be something with the DS4 too. But I knows there are an issue with the Opposite Lock Help. It changes every time you restart the game or something similar, but not sure. In any case, I have this settings disabled.

With the FFB, the list of Jack Spade FFB Tweaks and the pedals like I've wrote above, I'm enjoyining a LOT driving. I recommend you that settings. Only the bugs are destroying the experience a little, but the feeling when driving is supreme for me. Maybe it improves in future, but for now is really good.

I have my wheel at 900 degrees and it's perfect. Don't worry, put your wheel at 900, you will learn with practice, and a slow corner don't take you 10 seconds. You can try different degrees on your wheel and see what you like most, but I recommend you the 900.

Note: I have several years driving racing games. I play Project Cars at maximum level difficulty always, and it's a "little" easy for me. I'm not new at driving games. Don't know how your skills are, but I suppose this settings will work fine for you too.

Hope my english was enough and this helps to you. Regards.

Many thanks for taking the time Ivan-Hoe...and to others for those useful tips.

I've used the wheel for a couple of hours now and while I've still got tweaking to do, I'm certainly enjoying it! Got within half a second of my pb in the McLaren GT3 at Silverstone so I'm getting there but boy it does feel weird right now.

dwalldorf
27-05-2015, 19:48
The worst being that it would occasionally decide at the start of a race or test drive it would suddenly throw the wheel hard left 90 degrees and default to that position with the force feedback holding it firmly in place, the only option was to unplug the wheel from the ps4 and plug it back in (happened in an online race when i needed the wheel to reset fast), bringing the obvious delays a disconnected wheel causes in resetting itself and having to tell the ps the wheel is back, but the Wheel then worked fine for that one race, but then did exactly the same hard left on the next race.

That's exactly what my wheel did to me.

@Diablo944 I heard about this problem a few times but it is not yet listed in the list of known issues. I created a thread specific to this problem. If a lot of people can confirm this issue, we can make the devs aware of this problem.

So please give a reply to my post: [Bug] T300 going crazy after PS4 Rest mode (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28171-Bug-T300-going-crazy-after-PS4-Rest-mode&p=948391#post948391)