PDA

View Full Version : [RUMOUR] Racing Icons DLC pack

Bryer
26-05-2015, 18:49
Hi all,

Those observant members of the community will have noticed that there is a community event going live on 5th June 2015 which uses the "Racing Icons" pack.

So what cars do you think are included in this DLC?

Taken from GT Planet:

- 2003 Bentley speed 8
- 2013 Bentley continental GT3
- 1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO (maybe 2002 Audi R8 LMP900) Would like to see the DTM S5.
- 1999 BMW V12LMR
- 1997 McLaren F1 GTR Longtail
- 1952 Mercedes-Benz 300SL W194 (maybe 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM)

If I'm honest, I'm REALLY hoping for the Bentley Continental GT3.

KingTiger80
26-05-2015, 18:55
The Audi 90 IMSA GTO would be great! A real monster with it's 5-cylinder turbo charged engine :cool:

malcster
26-05-2015, 19:15
The Audi 90 IMSA GTO would be great! A real monster with it's 5-cylinder turbo charged engine :cool:

+1 loved the 5 cyl engine noise and the engine noises in project cars are awesome

jsykes
26-05-2015, 19:17
I'd love to see the Audi 90, but hope there are other cars it can race with. When Forza added it, it was cool and all, but had no other cars it could race with.

Beagle Five
26-05-2015, 19:21
Game is hard as it is, I'm hoping for some sloooow but great little cars! :)

Bryer
26-05-2015, 19:22
I'd love to see the Audi 90, but hope there are other cars it can race with. When Forza added it, it was cool and all, but had no other cars it could race with.

Capri and M1?

AsHeavenIsWide
26-05-2015, 19:34
This Racing Icon pack going to be free or paid DLC?

Bryer
26-05-2015, 19:35
This Racing Icon pack going to be free or paid DLC?

Probably paid as it will be in the season pass...

KingTiger80
26-05-2015, 19:37
Capri and M1?

The Audi 90 IMSA Gto brings over 700 hp into the ring. I'am afraid the Capri or the M1 are not strong enough to face it.

KkDrummer
26-05-2015, 19:37
I think this will be paid DLC...hence they want to have both patches (1.3 and 1.4) out before the release of this DLC.

JessicaWalter
26-05-2015, 19:39
is the season pass real? i thought that was a hoax or phoney in some slippery fashion

Bryer
26-05-2015, 19:42
is the season pass real? i thought that was a hoax or phoney in some slippery fashion

I think so, the Lykan has a Season Pass logo in the store.

jsykes
26-05-2015, 19:43
Capri and M1?

Maybe. I'm not sure of how close they were in real life performance as they were from different eras in racing. If they're close that would be cool. Some other older Trans Am/IMSA GTO cars would be cool to see down the road.

And what about this season pass? I pre-ordered the game off the XBox store, but saw no reference to a season pass. Is it an option coming with the DLC?

Bryer
26-05-2015, 19:45
Maybe. I'm not sure of how close they were in real life performance as they were from different eras in racing. If they're close that would be cool. Some other older Trans Am/IMSA GTO cars would be cool to see down the road.

And what about this season pass? I pre-ordered the game off the XBox store, but saw no reference to a season pass. Is it an option coming with the DLC?

I believe so. It's due for announcement shortly.

Toes 4u
26-05-2015, 19:48
Bentley Speed 8 is definitely in that pack. If you go to that community event, it says you're in the Speed 8 in the top right corner of the screen.

PeoplesChampion
26-05-2015, 19:54
Hi all,

Those observant members of the community will have noticed that there is a community event going live on 5th June 2015 which uses the "Racing Icons" pack.

Taken from GT Planet:

- 2003 Bentley speed 8
- 1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO (maybe 2002 Audi R8 LMP900) Would like to see the DTM S5.
- 1999 BMW V12LMR

Take my money! Take my money! June 5th is my birthday and that would be a great present!

AsHeavenIsWide
26-05-2015, 20:05
Curious to see how much a season pass will be. Not sure how much a Forza season pass has been in the past, but hopefully the same price.

Might even consider buying a pass if these patche's are not some myth

amazed
26-05-2015, 20:08
24.99 is the 'rumour' for the Season Pass.

Bryer
26-05-2015, 20:08
Well it will be in the region of 24.99 to 34.99 I'd imagine. Depends how how much they have planned.

Cooper_si
26-05-2015, 20:11
and im on holiday when it comes out! damnnnnnnnn

Bentley will be VERY cool, so will the Audi. Imagine the UR Sport Quattro too.......mmmmmmmmm noissseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Darth Bambi 83
26-05-2015, 20:11
That GTR long tail doe.............

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 20:19
We're not having a season pass.

Bryer
26-05-2015, 20:28
We're not having a season pass.

Recent decision? Artwork was done for it as it appears that it was created for the free car.

OneBadHuskerFan
26-05-2015, 20:29
I think this will be paid DLC...hence they want to have both patches (1.3 and 1.4) out before the release of this DLC.

Unless they've quietly sent the 1.4 patch out already (which could be possible) there's no way that's happening. Not on Xbox at least. It's been what, 2 weeks since they sent off 1.3 and we're still waiting. No way 1.4 gets here quick enough.

Bryer
26-05-2015, 20:31
Unless they've quietly sent the 1.4 patch out already (which could be possible) there's no way that's happening. Not on Xbox at least. It's been what, 2 weeks since they sent off 1.3 and we're still waiting. No way 1.4 gets here quick enough.

1.4 was finished or close to finishing before 1.3 was required, so it's been sent to MS a while ago with a required release date of prior to the DLC.

Lukeymonster
26-05-2015, 20:35
http://youtu.be/2_eK6mJynG0

AsHeavenIsWide
26-05-2015, 20:36
Shame your not doing a season pass Ian. You want to divulge your pricing, I know they come in pack's but personally i would pay 4 for a track and 1 per car.

OneBadHuskerFan
26-05-2015, 20:40
1.4 was finished or close to finishing before 1.3 was required, so it's been sent to MS a while ago with a required release date of prior to the DLC.

So the PC is running 1.4 then?

Bryer
26-05-2015, 20:41
Shame your not doing a season pass Ian. You want to divulge your pricing, I know they come in pack's but personally i would pay 4 for a track and 1 per car.

I think that would should be expecting 7.99 a car pack and 9.99 for the track pack extensions.

jonnotheone
I'd love to see some btcc cars from the 90s and early noughtys

Bealdor

No. PC version is on 1.3 right now.

Bryer

PC and console might be running different version numbers. You'd need to ask in the relevant thread, which isn't this one.

I'd quite like to see this added to the GT3 class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZT2KFYY2U&feature=youtu.be

Sonny Crockett
26-05-2015, 20:50
So how will the future content be spread then?

KkDrummer
26-05-2015, 20:50
I would love a new championship mode. Fully customisable like the single mode, but with a points/ranking system etc...I would definitely buy it as DLC!

fukthalotovya
26-05-2015, 20:54
Iv seen someone with Bentley cont. Gt

Bryer
Iv seen someone with Bentley cont. Gt

\\screenshot or it didnt happen.

bc525
I would love a new championship mode. Fully customisable like the single mode, but with a points/ranking system etc...I would definitely buy it as DLC!

Ooooh Yes, I like this idea. It would be great to have the ability to create a custom series and select the tracks to include in the series with a points system and award a championship at the end.

Sonny Crockett
26-05-2015, 20:59
\\screenshot or it didnt happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc1f7PO9n5E

Bryer
26-05-2015, 21:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc1f7PO9n5E

Ah thats an old build as it has the Blancepain sunvisor, which had to be removed from the final build. Hopefully it makes it in to the DLC.

OneBadHuskerFan
26-05-2015, 21:16
No. PC version is on 1.3 right now.

Thanks. That's what I had thought...which means 1.4 hasn't been released yet. So we won't see 1.4 on consoles for quite a while.

diesel97
27-05-2015, 00:37
is this a joke or not ,hard telling some times . would you care going into more detail about this ? you kind of left us hanging

Bryer
27-05-2015, 05:33
Thanks. That's what I had thought...which means 1.4 hasn't been released yet. So we won't see 1.4 on consoles for quite a while.

You will see it on or around the 5th of June!

AZT Turbo
27-05-2015, 05:55
Could it be that the Bentley required for the community event is the free car of the month? I think so.

vglnte102
27-05-2015, 06:39
Mazda 787 please. Or v12 Aston Martin Lola.

F0GGY
27-05-2015, 06:52
I’d love to see the 1st batch of DLC for free on the Xbone. The game has been broken for (at least) three weeks, it doesn’t seem too much to ask.

OrenIshii BE
27-05-2015, 08:38
I’d love to see the 1st batch of DLC for free on the Xbone. The game has been broken for (at least) three weeks, it doesn’t seem too much to ask.

Would be an awesome gesture to the community for all the issues we had to endure!

But again with the-game-has-been-broken song????
Really.... *sigh

raptor unit
27-05-2015, 09:45
Would be great if the Bentley GT3 is part of the upcoming DLC , i also agree it be a good gesture to release the DLC as a free download for all the problems and issues that are within the game.

Bryer
27-05-2015, 10:39

Please don't bring the game is broken song into my threads. While I acknowledge the controller bug, I am a wheel user and the game works fine for me in the most part.

TheBee
27-05-2015, 13:04
Well here's where y'all missed the boat. The first dlc was supposed to be the oval racing content, as previously announced by SMS to be released a month after the game released in NOV....

Though I would love to see the cars stated in the OP, but personally they should keep to their word and deliver the dlc they announced months ago.

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 13:06
Well here's where y'all missed the boat. The first dlc was supposed to be the oval racing content, as previously announced by SMS to be released a month after the game released in NOV....

Though I would love to see the cars stated in the OP, but personally they should keep to their word and deliver the dlc they announced months ago.

Could you point me to the announcement that stated that the ovals will be the first DLC because I fail to find this information @WMD or in the public announcements.

SpaceMachine
27-05-2015, 13:10
Well here's where y'all missed the boat. The first dlc was supposed to be the oval racing content, as previously announced by SMS to be released a month after the game released in NOV...

Oval racing? Really? Yawn...

giulianbu
27-05-2015, 13:15
what it will cost the dlc? because I am interested in purchasing it

Marrrfooo
27-05-2015, 13:17

I understand the sentiment. However, when you factor in the number of cars in the field potentially it makes things quite interesting. :D

TheBee
27-05-2015, 13:26
Andy stated in an interview back in late Sept early August. Tracks such as Daytona, Indianapolis, Bristol and cars like the Gen6 Ford Fusion and I believe a IndyCar have been in the works long before the cars in the OP became a rumor.

Heck some of the old builds from a year ago have such tracks that listed being used, but due to Licensing issues have yet to make it in the game.

Sonic6L
27-05-2015, 13:26
I understand the sentiment. However, when you factor in the number of cars in the field potentially it makes things quite interesting. :D

Still boring IMHO.

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 13:28
Andy stated in an interview back in late Sept early August. Tracks such as Daytona, Indianapolis, Bristol and cars like the Gen6 Ford Fusion and I believe a IndyCar have been in the works long before the cars in the OP became a rumor.

Heck some of the old builds from a year ago have such tracks that listed being used, but due to Licensing issues have yet to make it in the game.

That's still no confirmation that this DLC will come first. :)

TheBee
27-05-2015, 13:36
Well you can YouTube pCars on tracks like Indy, Bristol and Daytona. You'll find those long before any Bentley or Audi, Ferrari in the game

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 13:41
Well you can YouTube pCars on tracks like Indy, Bristol and Daytona. You'll find those long before any Bentley or Audi, Ferrari in the game

I know. But there was still a lot of work to be done on those tracks to bring them up to the current standard.
Development is not linear. Plans change and work will be rescheduled. Just because those tracks were already ingame once doesn't mean they'll be the first to be released. :)

AsHeavenIsWide
27-05-2015, 13:45
To be fair oval tracks are pretty boring to watch but playing on them with a feild of 40 could be really fun, So i would love some oval tracks

eracerhead
27-05-2015, 14:39
Until Indycars are ready (still WIP), it's unlikely the oval DLC will be released. I may be mistaken of course.

TheBee
27-05-2015, 15:06
Don't get me wrong, the OP had some things I look forward to as well. But the Oval courses were suppose to bring their road course counter parts too. But we have an 80s stockcar with no oval tracks lol

I'm excited that they are gearing for the first dlc release, I was just noting y'all were missing out on some other information that could be included as well ;)

Outlier
27-05-2015, 15:17
As far as questions on pricing goes, It was stated by the developers that they would be adding cars post release for free. (I didn't do a search for a thread with this confirmation but i'm sure it's out there - could have been on Twitter pre-release??.) So if this rumored DLC (OP) is true, it will be free. This would explain why Ian indicated that there would be no season pass.

As far as new Oval circuits go, I never heard any mention of free DLC tracks so I would expect this to be paid content.

Sonic6L
27-05-2015, 15:19
Don't get me wrong, the OP had some things I look forward to as well. But the Oval courses were suppose to bring their road course counter parts too. But we have an 80s stockcar with no oval tracks lol

I'm excited that they are gearing for the first dlc release, I was just noting y'all were missing out on some other information that could be included as well ;)

Stock Cars didn't JUST race on Oval Tracks...

Sonic6L
27-05-2015, 15:20
As far as questions on pricing goes, It was stated by the developers that they would be adding cars post release for free. (I didn't do a search for a thread with this confirmation but i'm sure it's out there - could have been on Twitter pre-release??.) So if this rumored DLC (OP) is true, it will be free. This would explain why Ian indicated that there would be no season pass.

As far as new Oval circuits go, I never heard any mention of free DLC tracks so I would expect this to be paid content.

They stated every month there would be a free car IIRC. Not free DLC Packs.

:Edit: Maybe free car(s).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-30-project-cars-to-get-new-free-dlc-cars-every-month

Raven403
27-05-2015, 15:56

Never saw him say DLC would be free. Just a free car every month. That said this DLC should be free, but who knows

Plato99
27-05-2015, 16:22

I recently turned down the chance to drive a NASCAR at Rockingham for 120.
My reasoning being that 120 is rather a lot of money for 32 left handed kinks and no gear changes.

LextersQuest
27-05-2015, 16:30
Wen by that time the game is fixed i will have no problem with paying for extra DLC. This next to the free car were getting a mo
More awesome cars mayby some extra tracks over time.

First the patches and then bring it on.

Outlier
27-05-2015, 16:52
They stated every month there would be a free car IIRC. Not free DLC Packs.

:Edit: Maybe free car(s).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-30-project-cars-to-get-new-free-dlc-cars-every-month

Yeah maybe it was said there would be a single free car. It was some time ago and I can't find the quote anywhere. either way...

Ian Bell
29-05-2015, 11:37
Recent decision? Artwork was done for it as it appears that it was created for the free car.

Sorry Bryer, I missed this seemingly.

Yes recent. The issue is that we want to stay reactive to community requests. Selling a Season Pass up front (although great financially for us) would restrict us to delivering exactly what we promised. That would leave us no room for flexibility.

BanjoMaster
29-05-2015, 11:53
The issue is that we want to stay reactive to community requests.

Now I really like the sound of this! Does this extend to the manufacturer/track licenses you intend to go after? As I'm sure you're aware Kunos put licenses to community poll with excellent results. Not totally suggesting you do this as obviously you've been through the whole WMD cycle over the last few years, and I'd assume you've done exactly this at some point(s) or another, but it'd be good to get an insight into how additional licenses will be selected going forward? I truly regret not being able to join in the first time round, so it'd be fantastic if an element of the community involvement was retained over the life of the product :)

diesel97
29-05-2015, 12:14
I just hope new track DLC does not split up multi-player lobbies. Codies did it with GAS and it sucked try to find a race with a new track. Iam not sure how it could be done besides all tracks are free for everyone.

mkstatto
29-05-2015, 12:17
I just hope new track DLC does not split up multi-player lobbies. Codies did it with GAS and it sucked try to find a race with a new track. Iam not sure how it could be done besides all tracks are free for everyone.

In my mind, it has to be done for free for that very reason. The cars on the other hand could be paid.

ARusling
29-05-2015, 12:58
In my mind, it has to be done for free for that very reason. The cars on the other hand could be paid.

I agree, it worked great for Forza 5. If tracks are free, everyone can still race together and use all of the content.

If the cars are added for free in patches but locked for use, then unlocked for personal use when the content is purchased, everyone will be able to see the new cars in game too, maybe even tempting some to buy the DLC if it requires a fee ;)

Outlier
29-05-2015, 13:24
I recall GT5 had paid DLC tracks. I want to say Spa was one. If you purchased the tracks you could use them in Quick Races off line, (maybe single player), and you could set up multiplayer matches w these tracks. If you didn't purchase the tracks you could only use them online if the host switched to the DLC track (if the host had purchased the content).

This prevented splitting up the community and at the same time allowed users who didn't purchase the tracks to experience them. I assume this prompted the sale of more DLC tracks.

mDaro
29-05-2015, 13:27

If anyone at PCARS is listening how about matching cars when you do a car pack please. Hated getting cars in Forza and having to race 15 versions of the same car. Maybe have two cars that raced together in a pack or at least have a match already in the game when you release a car pack please.

Franco Ferrari
29-05-2015, 17:07
Capri and M1?

Hardly.

More likely the Cobra SCCA.

Grand Prix Legend
29-05-2015, 19:04
Hi all,

Taken from GT Planet:

- 2003 Bentley speed 8
- 1999 BMW V12LMR

If it's racing Bentley I hope it's a Bentley blower :-)

Robhd
30-05-2015, 10:08
Why not offer a token system instead? People buying bulk tokens up front with product allocated a monetary and token value... This way the consumer has flexibility, gets a good deal if the token value is less than the monetary equivalnet and the company still draws in advance revenue helping with cash flow... Everyone goes home a winner!

iceman5363
30-05-2015, 11:19
I would love to see a classic 90-99 BTCC pack

Moxley
30-05-2015, 11:31

I 100% agree with this.

CPS-3
30-05-2015, 11:31
Yesterday a friend was playing online and another player joined the lobby and had the Bentley GT3. How is that possible?

PeoplesChampion
30-05-2015, 11:40
Yesterday i was playing online and another player joined the lobby and had the Bentley GT3. How is that possible?

You gotta have that clout, baby!205362

Sonic6L
30-05-2015, 12:24

GOD YES! I've been asking Mr Bell about this since I got my hands on the game on release day in the UK, he hasn't given much away, just said there's lots planned, hopefully this is one of the things that's planned!

Mowzer
30-05-2015, 14:31
Let's hope this rumour is true the audi and gt3 Bentley would be epic 😊.

CPS-3
30-05-2015, 21:43
It isn't a rumor if some people are racing with them already, but a fact :) I heard that people also have seen the BMW V12 lmr

danowat
04-06-2015, 08:45
Is the racing legends DLC pack and the accompanying community event still coming tomorrow?, or has it been postponed?

NemethR
04-06-2015, 08:46
That my friend, is a very-very good question.
Anyway I have some Euro-s ready to spend on it. :D

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 08:52