PDA

View Full Version : life cycle

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 19:22
Any idea what the life cycle of PCars is aimed at?

Forza 2 years
GT a generation gap
Pcars?

I'll be honest I'm getting a bit to indepth with the game, i just spent 3 day in a capri learning Brno, I'm only at season 4 in career and I've been playing since day one.

And now my mates are all going out and buying it, even beer night has been cancelled for a Friday night race night ( Ian your killing my pint time)

At this rate I'll still be trying to complete it when the next next generation come out, never spent this much time on a game, forza's done them all from start to finish but just picked up did race ( and I say that loosely) and moved on to the next, I never spent hours try to master a car that likes to bite me in the arse, or put my whole afternoon on hold just to get prepared and do one race.

If the planned life cycle is only a year I'm screwed.

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 19:24
It's planned to improve and update the game with content and bugfixes for at least the next two years. :)

JessicaWalter
26-05-2015, 19:25
im interested in the lifetime of the cars. will they break down after the ol odometer starts gettin rusty? or will we eventually have cars with over a million miles?

amazed
26-05-2015, 19:28
or will we eventually have cars with over a million miles?

Only if we have Cab Racing, or Volvos.....:p

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 19:28
im interested in the lifetime of the cars. will they break down after the ol odometer starts gettin rusty? or will we eventually have cars with over a million miles?

Rusty odometers? What cars are you driving? :-)

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 19:29
Only if we have Cab Racing, or Volvos.....:p

Over a million miles /// Volvo I see what you did there, very good.

JessicaWalter
26-05-2015, 19:37
Rusty odometers? What cars are you driving? :-)

the ingame odometer i was lookin at was digital anyway, so no logic was in my comment to start with, lol. i guess theyll just keep going 'til they roll over to 0s again

LordDRIFT
26-05-2015, 20:15
Any idea what the life cycle of PCars is aimed at?

Forza 2 years
GT a generation gap
Pcars?

LMAO!!!

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 20:20
pCARS 2 is scheduled to hit the shops in 2 years. Assuming though that the physical behaviour of the cars won't change significantly in the second installment and the same cars will feature in it, you'll have plenty of time ahead to get to grips with all cars :)

Invincible
26-05-2015, 20:28
pCARS is scheduled to hit the shops in 2 years.

Wait, what? Sorry Remco, I can't follow you...
Do you mean that pcars 1 will hit the shelves FOR two years, or that pcars 2 will launch IN two years?

(Launching Pcars 2 in two years would be a really optimistic guesstimate, and at least a year too early imho)

mister dog
26-05-2015, 20:34
I find that this game is an excellent base to build on. Add improvements and updates every few months complemented with fresh DLC and why would we want PCARS 2 really?

The final result can be truly epic with the passing of time.
I prefer this than having PCARS 2 hit the shelves in only 2 years time. This game took 4 years to make so i wouldn't mind having the sequel in 4 years again, only when it will be another milestone.

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 20:34
Oops sorry, typing on mobile phone here, posting updated. pCARS 1 is intended to have a 2-year lifespan with updates and DLC, so pCARS 2 will arrive in about 2 years.

Invincible
26-05-2015, 20:45
I still think 2017 is too early. I mean, funding hasn't even started yet and I imho, it would be better to set a rather pessimistic release date to avoid having to delay the release.
Also, over the next two years, with all the Dlc and patching and fixing coming, pcars 1 will build a massive fan base. SMS should take all the time needed to aim for this shot and delivering a game that will easily surpass the already superb pcars 1.

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 20:47
I find that this game is an excellent base to build on. Add improvements and updates every few months complemented with fresh DLC and why would we want PCARS 2 really?

The final result can be truly epic with the passing of time.
I prefer this than having PCARS 2 hit the shelves in only 2 years time. This game took 4 years to make so i wouldn't mind having the sequel in 4 years again, only when it will be another milestone.

Err project car's 2 is how developers make there money.

To just keep updating the same game would be financial suicide.

mister dog
26-05-2015, 20:52

DLC? http://www.petget.com/prhforum/images/smilies/icon_dunno.gif
Keep your customers happy and they will buy all the packs + will be dedicated fanboys for the long awaited sequel ;)

Umer Ahmad
26-05-2015, 20:54
IRacing updates their same game continually, they are economically successful.

Software is weird these day. Like msft trying to get you to "subscribe" to their office suite. Personally i was like "No, just give me the student version for $99 and leave me alone." Some software companies see themselves as "service providers" rather than "product makers". Or they would like others to see them that way.

mister dog
26-05-2015, 20:58
IRacing updates their same game continually, they are economically successful.

I hope SMS won't take over their prices though. What a rip off.

Umer Ahmad
26-05-2015, 21:01
Haha, no i dont think sms would operate this way. Sony msft would have other ideas about. Just was an example of an extreme how software can be "delivered" under a different business model.

RobMUFC1987
26-05-2015, 21:08
Why not just keep this game updated with fixes/ideas/improvements then wait till PS5 or whatever for PC2? I mean this game is so advanced for what we normally get on consoles, what could they possibly do to make us buy the next 1 that's likely to have all tracks and csrs we'll eventually get here?

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 21:28
DLC? http://www.petget.com/prhforum/images/smilies/icon_dunno.gif
Keep your customers happy and they will buy all the packs + will be dedicated fanboys for the long awaited sequel ;)

You can supply DLC for PCars 2 and still make 50 x so many million sales ;-)

mister dog
26-05-2015, 21:53
You can supply DLC for PCars 2 and still make 50 x so many million sales ;-)

Nah that would feel like they shove it through our throats (a bit like Forza does). Like mentioned above i would prefer a longer wait and by then the GPU's and processing power would be a lot more advanced (PS5 era), so you would really notice the difference. PCARS 2 on the same hardware won't look or feel much better as it is already maxing out what we have nowadays.

Let' say it takes 4 years for SMS to release PCARS 2; in that time they could release additional content through DLC many times, let's say 3 packs a year x 4 = 12 DLC add ons for 15 bucks each. I'm sure maintaining and improving PCARS 1 further will be appreciated by us fans and we would happily buy 10 packs in that time, so 10 x 15 = 150 bucks of each PCARS user in 4 years time.

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 22:17
I think the developers proberly know better than I about there business plan, I was just wondering about the life cycle not so much what they should or shouldn't do, I'll leave that up the them :-)

3800racingfool
26-05-2015, 23:09

Valve (http://store.steampowered.com/) would like to have a word (http://www.teamfortress.com/) with (http://blog.counter-strike.net/) you (http://blog.dota2.com/)...

Believe it or not, 2 years is actually a much longer time period than you'd think. The current game is only 3 weeks old and already we have people clamoring for dlc. Two years from now, provided it's an improved game, I could see people welcoming a sequel to PCars with open arms.

Ofc, they could go the direction I mentioned above however keep in mind that doing so presents it's own set of issues.

Rayge
27-05-2015, 03:42
If they offer minor graphical tweets here and there, include a way to sell liveries on the game and constantly update the car roster, I don't see why they would need a sequel in 2 years. They could ride out this game for the next 5 or so years if they work this right.

JessicaWalter
27-05-2015, 03:50
unless there's a big upgrade to the physics and/or graphics, id be happier with a bunch of dlc. id easily spend $60-$120 over the next 2-4 years. id often wished more games would offer a lot more content through dlc instead of a full game sequel when there's no major changes in the actual gameplay.

(and pcars at its meat and potatoes is already great as it stands, save for some temporary minor bugs)

AshenShugar
27-05-2015, 04:55
This is an interesting one, there is no doubt in 2 years the PC side of things will have access to far more power CPU & GPU. But the consoles, there is the unknown quantity. With them both on x86 platforms, it should be feasible for them to update their hardware and still maintain backward compatibility with the current consoles. But will they do that, this is the million dollar question.

It's a very similar situation to the entire Wii U debate that's going on ATM. Sure we can bring new things to Pcars 2 but there could be issues with performance if the consoles don't do a hardware update.

k.merse
27-05-2015, 05:26
At the moment it comes down very quickly to how fast the team can patch the game because currently there are serious flaws in the gameplay. If they can be fixed fast, the game will thrive on for possibly many more years. If they fail to fix the most notorious issues, fans will leave, and there won't be a point in patching the game any more and the staff gonna move on to a new project, drastically reducing the possible lifespan of the game.

SIlMPLIClITY
27-05-2015, 05:28
pCARS 2 is scheduled to hit the shops in 2 years. Assuming though that the physical behaviour of the cars won't change significantly in the second installment and the same cars will feature in it, you'll have plenty of time ahead to get to grips with all cars :)

I am not happy with that at all. Developers and publishers making plans for another game when the first game is not even complete. Very disturbing news. This project cars took 3 something years to make. The next one is planned to come out in two years. When will the developers start working on that one? Of course you can copy and paste things from this to that but you're going to copy and paste the same bugs that weren't fixed. If what you're saying is true, then there is minimal time being spent on this game currently, or there will be minimal time spent on that game.

Lars Rosenquist
27-05-2015, 05:48
The next one is planned to come out in two years. When will the developers start working on that one? Of course you can copy and paste things from this to that but you're going to copy and paste the same bugs that weren't fixed. If what you're saying is true, then there is minimal time being spent on this game currently, or there will be minimal time spent on that game.Right now (and you can search for Ians posts to confirm this), 100% of the team is working on bugfixes/content for PC1. No work is done on PC2 at all at this point. They're aiming at a 50/50 split when work on PC2 begins, but they want to fix all the major issues in PC1 first.

Also note that PC2 will most likely be something completely different to PC1, so with that in mind I find 2 years quite ambitious. I am expecting PC1 to stick around for a long time. :)

RobMUFC1987
27-05-2015, 21:45
At the moment it comes down very quickly to how fast the team can patch the game because currently there are serious flaws in the gameplay. If they can be fixed fast, the game will thrive on for possibly many more years. If they fail to fix the most notorious issues, fans will leave, and there won't be a point in patching the game any more and the staff gonna move on to a new project, drastically reducing the possible lifespan of the game.

People are leaving the game currently because its broken. If they don't fix the game fully, or at least start patching things quickly, no one will buy PCars 2

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 21:55
People are leaving the game currently because its broken. If they don't fix the game fully, or at least start patching things quickly, no one will buy PCars 2

Name me one driving game that has been released for current generation that got released completely bug free?

Forza 5 was full of bugs, do you honestly expect no one to buy forza 6?

Drive club was a train wreck yet it has a very large fan base and you can guarantee there will be a drive club 2,

Pcars has a bright future.

RobMUFC1987
27-05-2015, 22:00
Name me one driving game that has been released for current generation that got released completely bug free?

Name 1 game that was this broken where single player and multiplayer are unplayable to a lot of people?

I love this game, but I can't play it, mainly for AI unaffected by weather, random set ups between sessions and the penalty system being exploited online. I want the game to succeed and add competition to Gran Turismo

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 22:06
Name 1 game that was this broken where single player and multiplayer are unplayable to a lot of people?

I love this game, but I can't play it, mainly for AI unaffected by weather, random set ups between sessions and the penalty system being exploited online. I want the game to succeed and add competition to Gran Turismo

1. Drive club. Now how about you answering my question?

Invalid post, game isn't broken.

People all over the world on all 3 platforms are setting top leaderboard times, playing online and working there way through Sp, therefore game cannot be broken if it was this would not be possible.

RobMUFC1987
27-05-2015, 22:11
Its broken in a sense I don't want to set the AI to 0 to finish a race and having to change set ups every session. Online, I like to play fair no matter the circumstances but losing because the penalty system is broken isn't fun.

DriveClubs single player worked fine on release

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 22:13
Its broken in a sense I don't want to set the AI to 0 to finish a race and having to change set ups every session. Online, I like to play fair no matter the circumstances but losing because the penalty system is broken isn't fun.

DriveClubs single player worked fine on release

So you can't answer my question?

And I've already commented on how PCars sp and mp isn't broken by the amount of people playing it.

And if your having to set your difficultiy to zero to win a race I'd say the only thing broken here are your driving skills.

RobMUFC1987
27-05-2015, 22:18
I answered your question with my question, basically saying all games have bugs, but none have been this broken in my experience. And I've already hinted that people adjust the game settings to get by in SP and willing to exploit the penalty system in MP. I'm not willing to do that and I'm not the only 1

mister dog
28-05-2015, 06:33
Please continue in the 'is the game broken' threads chaps, there's too much off topic on these boards already :)