PDA

View Full Version : OEM Setups - Jussi?

dremarcos
26-05-2015, 19:34
Prior to the title being released, I was sent a link to a pCars wiki.....(http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics)

It referenced the following...

"Some cars have too much grip, I can't get the back out?
The default setups are designed to allow maximum control and ease of use, especially given the large number of gamepad users. You can adjust setup to increase oversteer, the WMD forum even ended up with a section with recommended and user created setups. Note: See Jussi for OEM setups"

After getting involved in a few cars, ok lots of getting involved in lots of cars, I do find that some of them are quite safe as opposed to edgy...out of the box edgy. Most distinguishable characteristics being corner entry understeer and mid corner understeer (not through pushing on). First car that comes to mind for me is the RUF GT3, whereas the BMW M1 Pro Car doesnt seem to exhibit the same.

The obvious answer is to tune these things out with custom setups, however, I would love to see what the raw OEM setups are like, particularly for the race cars.

Have tried searching but cannot come across these Jussi OEM setups....so...over to you guys.....any thoughts/info? Anyone else interested in the actual 'knife edge' 'I can hurt you' OEM default setups as opposed to the friendly and welcoming WMD ones?

Dre

lobosrul
26-05-2015, 20:29
Have tried searching but cannot come across these Jussi OEM setups....so...over to you guys.....any thoughts/info? Anyone else interested in the actual 'knife edge' 'I can hurt you' OEM default setups as opposed to the friendly and welcoming WMD ones?

Yes, please. Will save lots of time. Except the Lotus 72D and 98T, those I tuned to be more forgiving, cause they're insane.

thetoneranger
30-05-2015, 14:22
I'm also interested in the Jussi OEM set ups. I also thought the RUF GT3 car was an under steer nightmare. I literally have to almost stop on entry to corners because the car under steers so much. Not a chance in hell could i spin out in that car, unless i hit grass. VERY, VERY boring car to drive. I feel like i can't find my limit in the car because i always have to slow to an almost dead stop on corner entry. Even with 100% accel lock on the diff, hard compound tyres, and no aids switched on i still have no fear of pushing over the limit and spinning out. Great game, but i don't feel like i can find the edge. Which makes it feel weak.

Roger Prynne
30-05-2015, 15:23
Sorry wrong thread.

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 02:53
Yes setups are a trade sectret most of the time. If I'm tuning a car in real life I research as much as I can about it, but bespoke racers and new super cars.....mmmmm

jgaganas
31-05-2015, 05:48
Would be a great feature to include several setup "presets" for each car to fiddle around (and to show off the physics).

Like "Stable" (Current Default), "Fast" (Loose/Oversteering), "Real" (World), "Community" (Balanced), ...

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 09:01
Oh I'd say, but if you read my post about the Clio Cup in the atari tuning grind thread(no offence to anyone other involved)I think it may be a slim chance SMS or anyone else would be in a position to furnish us with the details from a racing team, or car manufacturers. We're lucky to see the performance figures and spring choices!? imho

Roger Prynne
31-05-2015, 11:11
MULTIVITZ you keep banging on about the 'atari tuning grind' thread.... where the hell is that?

dremarcos
12-06-2015, 10:54
Would be a great feature to include several setup "presets" for each car to fiddle around (and to show off the physics).

Like "Stable" (Current Default), "Fast" (Loose/Oversteering), "Real" (World), "Community" (Balanced), ...

I think this is a great notion.

@MultiVitz - I should clarify what I meant by my original request for OEM setups - Not really looking for setups from race teams, more the default set that a car would be shipped with, so if you and I were in a race team and decided to opt for say the BMW Z3 GT3, or the Audi R8 LMS, BMW/Audi ship the car with a default set that you develop your base tuning setup from on a track to track basis. It's that setup that appears to differ quite wildly to the seemingly more safe options we have.

The 3 setup options sound like a grand idea for those who don't have the knowledge on how to configure these setups but have the skills to handle them (you dont have to know how to build an engine to race a car afterall), or perhaps those that do know how to, but don't have the time to invest in each car in the game creating setups - and need to quickly access this detail with the limited seat time they get (but still want some authenticity to the experience).

NB: I reached out to @Umer_Ahmad who confirmed that WMD member Jussi does have an Excel sheet with many OEM setups...its just a question of whether he is up for/able to share the data.

Over to you Jussi/Umer! :)

/Drive did an interesting video on 'Customer Racing' check out this vid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAxDHMWPJcU&index=3&list=PLHa6PXrV-yIibQlC03EmiUnWrEktL2Oup

jake92
14-06-2015, 09:59
Did you get any setups?

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 10:55
I think this is a great notion.

@MultiVitz - I should clarify what I meant by my original request for OEM setups - Not really looking for setups from race teams, more the default set that a car would be shipped with, so if you and I were in a race team and decided to opt for say the BMW Z3 GT3, or the Audi R8 LMS, BMW/Audi ship the car with a default set that you develop your base tuning setup from on a track to track basis. It's that setup that appears to differ quite wildly to the seemingly more safe options we have.

The 3 setup options sound like a grand idea for those who don't have the knowledge on how to configure these setups but have the skills to handle them (you dont have to know how to build an engine to race a car afterall), or perhaps those that do know how to, but don't have the time to invest in each car in the game creating setups - and need to quickly access this detail with the limited seat time they get (but still want some authenticity to the experience).

NB: I reached out to @Umer_Ahmad who confirmed that WMD member Jussi does have an Excel sheet with many OEM setups...its just a question of whether he is up for/able to share the data.

Over to you Jussi/Umer! :)

/Drive did an interesting video on 'Customer Racing' check out this vid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAxDHMWPJcU&index=3&list=PLHa6PXrV-yIibQlC03EmiUnWrEktL2Oup
Just watch this space as there is something coming soon that will solve your question about OEM setups and it's great.

MULTIVITZ
14-06-2015, 11:01
Cool:cool:
The default tunes are the original manufacturers setups with some of the settings put the opposite way and the front tyres let down?? Is that sort of what you're saying Roger?

I'll be in my office.lol

It sounds great, can't wait.

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 12:13
^^^ Nope... can't say anymore as I have been sworn to secrecy.... :friendly_wink:

dremarcos
14-06-2015, 17:50
Did you get any setups?

No news yet....moment I get a response it will be presented right here :)

Posted this before noticing that juicy info from @Roger_Prynne (THANK YOU!!).....Features sworn in secrecy sound awesome....looking forward to it - Thank you for responding to the thread with this nugget :D

JapImports
21-06-2015, 13:23
Road cars have been bothering me for awhile, let's see if some of them will get fixed.

MULTIVITZ
21-06-2015, 23:03
What do you mean fixed. Just tune 'em.

JapImports
21-06-2015, 23:54
What do you mean fixed. Just tune 'em.

Not if they are greyed out. This thread is about stock factory OEM setup, the state of the real road car when you buy new with OEM springs, damper, alignment, LSD, gear ratio, weight, distribution etc. The base default setup in pcars for road cars are not 100% OEM setup, some of them are tuned by the consultant.

EDIT : Some of the race cars also came with preset base setup in real, which the default tune in pcars should suffice as long as the available range of changes are true to life and there is also circumstances like one make series where certain part of the setup are locked for the competition.

A good example is Clio Cup which is not correct ATM and I hope that SMS will update the car using the MK IV X98 data from Renault Sport.