PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials

gmspromo
26-05-2015, 21:15
Apologies if this has been listed/enquired about elsewhere, but one feature I would like to see expanded upon is the time trials feature.

If I'm not racing online, I do find myself spending quite a bit of time in time trials and for anyone else that also plays them, they may have noticed that the car categories are split into quite general areas ... such as Stockcar, GT, Open Wheel, etc. While this is fine in theory, most racing games that have this feature (such as *ahem* Forza) you tend to find certain cars dominating certain categories (like the Zonda R in GT or the Formula A in Open Wheel in PCars) ...

... Is there any chance ... ANY chance, that this could be changed to perhaps split the categories up a bit further - such as GT into GT3 and GT4, and Open Wheel into Formula A, B, C, Gulf, etc.

Does the above make any sense to anyone else?

PeoplesChampion
26-05-2015, 21:26
Apologies if this has been listed/enquired about elsewhere, but one feature I would like to see expanded upon is the time trials feature.

If I'm not racing online, I do find myself spending quite a bit of time in time trials and for anyone else that also plays them, they may have noticed that the car categories are split into quite general areas ... such as Stockcar, GT, Open Wheel, etc. While this is fine in theory, most racing games that have this feature (such as *ahem* Forza) you tend to find certain cars dominating certain categories (like the Zonda R in GT or the Formula A in Open Wheel in PCars) ...

... Is there any chance ... ANY chance, that this could be changed to perhaps split the categories up a bit further - such as GT into GT3 and GT4, and Open Wheel into Formula A, B, C, Gulf, etc.

Does the above make any sense to anyone else?

Makes perfect sense, friend.. However, this exact issue has been brought up many times before.

Phishfinger
26-05-2015, 21:42
I don't understand the reasoning behind making it this way, are the PC and PS4 leaderboards the same? There's no point using anything other than the fastest cars if you want to aim for a place in the top 100 or so places. I'm having more fun with the slower cars at the moment but there's just nothing to aim for when putting in laps. Fingers crossed this is something that will be looked at when the more serious issues are dealt with.

gmspromo
26-05-2015, 21:49
I don't understand the reasoning behind making it this way, are the PC and PS4 leaderboards the same? There's no point using anything other than the fastest cars if you want to aim for a place in the top 100 or so places. I'm having more fun with the slower cars at the moment but there's just nothing to aim for when putting in laps. Fingers crossed this is something that will be looked at when the more serious issues are dealt with.

I can't see how it would be all that difficult, because in theory it's just saving a gamertag and a lap time to a database (Ian, tell me I'm wrong?)

Phishfinger
26-05-2015, 21:58
I can't see how it would be all that difficult, because in theory it's just saving a gamertag and a lap time to a database (Ian, tell me I'm wrong?)

Well it seems to be one of the most requested features but I've not seen anyone official comment on it (I could have missed it though). I might be reading too much into this but it would seem to me that the leaderboards were made this way for a reason, I just can't figure that reason out :confused:

gmspromo
26-05-2015, 22:02
Well it seems to be one of the most requested features but I've not seen anyone official comment on it (I could have missed it though). I might be reading too much into this but it would seem to me that the leaderboards were made this way for a reason, I just can't figure that reason out :confused:

Well for one thing, I don't stand a chance currently to get anywhere in the top times for the "Touring" Time Trials ... it's dominated by the Mercedes DTM car that was only available in either the pre-order or limited edition car packs ...

Phishfinger
26-05-2015, 23:00
Good point I didn't even realise that was a bonus car, I think I must have got it with the digital edition. Here's hoping they add more leaderboards as it would make TT 1000x better. I guess they can't exactly steal rivals mode from Forza but that was a lot of fun for competing vs your mates. All this needs though is a few more categories and a friends filter and it will really expand the game.

NVI0U5
27-05-2015, 04:06
What your seeing is the pinnacle cars at the top of the leaderboards just the same as F1, you wont see a F3 car doing faster times than the F1, unless its is a very tight track where power to weight ratio is more dominate

Roadlayer
27-05-2015, 04:36
What your seeing is the pinnacle cars at the top of the leaderboards just the same as F1, you wont see a F3 car doing faster times than the F1, unless its is a very tight track where power to weight ratio is more dominate

That's the problem, the leaderboards need a filter so we can compare times with each car, and with our friends. Driveclub does this very well, it incentivives you to try different, less popular, cars. Personally my favourite cars in each particular category aren't the quickest, but it's pointless using them in Time Trial.

You may find the odd time to compare, but most of the quick guys would have set a time in the quickest car.

gmspromo
27-05-2015, 07:18
That's the problem, the leaderboards need a filter so we can compare times with each car, and with our friends. Driveclub does this very well, it incentivives you to try different, less popular, cars. Personally my favourite cars in each particular category aren't the quickest, but it's pointless using them in Time Trial.

You may find the odd time to compare, but most of the quick guys would have set a time in the quickest car.

This is exactly my point ... I've being enjoying driving the Formula Gulf and McLaren GT3 cars and I'd like to compare myself to others driving the same cars on different circuits. What I don't want to have to do is scan through the existing boards trying to find other peoples times. Separate leader boards for individual cars would be great, but if this is not feasible, as suggested, perhaps a filter by car would be possible ...

raptor unit
27-05-2015, 09:51
Think this needs to happen once they fix the major issues within the game.

Bamu
27-05-2015, 16:10
On the PC there are Leaderords for any car (and you can see which assists were used) . I do not understand why Xbox and PS4 versions are limited . This is just an entry in a data base which has to be filtered.

PC Leaderbords: http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard

beetes_juice
27-05-2015, 17:30

Swear I read on here that the current leaderboard layout on the xbox is the way it is due to limitations from Microsoft/Live. Trying to find the thread at the moment but stand to be corrected.

Anyway, been begging for improved search/layout of the TT leaderboards after every TT run in the historic DTM or loutus 98T. Also, gt or really gt3 cars are pointless to run in TT; zonda I think running circles around everything. Have to do some searching but you do end up finding mini-leaderbaords within each class.

Wish list would be each class has the current leaderboard layout, broken down into sub-catagories each within there own mini-leaderboard box. E.G. open up the open wheel class. Instead of seeing one large leaderboard, you would have that broken down into 5-6 small boards (however many open wheelers we have) for each open wheel class.

gmspromo
27-05-2015, 18:07
Swear I read on here that the current leaderboard layout on the xbox is the way it is due to limitations from Microsoft/Live. Trying to find the thread at the moment but stand to be corrected.

Anyway, been begging for improved search/layout of the TT leaderboards after every TT run in the historic DTM or loutus 98T. Also, gt or really gt3 cars are pointless to run in TT; zonda I think running circles around everything. Have to do some searching but you do end up finding mini-leaderbaords within each class.

Wish list would be each class has the current leaderboard layout, broken down into sub-catagories each within there own mini-leaderboard box. E.G. open up the open wheel class. Instead of seeing one large leaderboard, you would have that broken down into 5-6 small boards (however many open wheelers we have) for each open wheel class.

The devs may tell me otherwise, but I don't believe for a second it's any limitation from Microsoft/Live ... unless it's to do with bandwidth to servers/database query requests? I don't know, it would just be nice to get some official feedback as to whether this might change on the XBOX One at some point in the future - I'm not asking for it now, as the dev team have enough on their plate, but a yes, no or maybe would do for me!

beetes_juice
27-05-2015, 18:11
The devs may tell me otherwise, but I don't believe for a second it's any limitation from Microsoft/Live ... unless it's to do with bandwidth to servers/database query requests? I don't know, it would just be nice to get some official feedback as to whether this might change on the XBOX One at some point in the future - I'm not asking for it now, as the dev team have enough on their plate, but a yes, no or maybe would do for me!

Agree completely, in theory seems simple compared to everything else in the game but just going on a hunch from a few days ago. Even forza leaderboards are limited to class.

Edit: here we go. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22884-request-leaderboards-for-each-car PC users are going off an SMS server while xbox/ps4 have to use Microsoft/sonny servers

GRTfast
27-05-2015, 18:48
Would be cool if we could do time trials on all tracks with the karts. Laguna secs and Monaco are super fun in the 250 kart.

Bamu
27-05-2015, 22:52
Swear I read on here that the current leaderboard layout on the xbox is the way it is due to limitations from Microsoft/Live.

It's funny for an online service like Xbox Live or PS Plus I have to pay monthly and get less than for the PC . Something is going wrong ; )