PDA

View Full Version : time difference/ sectors and understanding it???

rocafella1978
26-05-2015, 21:15
hi all, i took one screenshot to share with you guys, if someone can enlighten me what it means and how to read it, would be great.

the question is for LAP time, which to me sometimes does not make sense, so sectors understand and lap time usually counts up, but sometimes randomly it starts counting up from +0.0 up to +2:xx:xxx although my lap times are 1:5x:xxx...don't really understand this...at all! and this same phenomenon happened to me on SPA and MONZA track so far only 2x tracks spending time on...and seen this. anyone else?

JayChristmas
26-05-2015, 21:20
That confused lap times counts, or is there possible a penalty in it? I dont often look to this, but i m interested too

rocafella1978
26-05-2015, 21:34
no penalty, just weird I find to be honest, is practice session. both tracks same symptoms, some laps normal + or - times with correct x.x secs and then some laps only red color counts all the way past 2:xx:xxx, haven't played around more, just annoys me and hit return to pit.

JayChristmas
26-05-2015, 21:36
I think Red colored total lap times dont count!
Red sectors are slower than best times, green better

Umer Ahmad
26-05-2015, 21:42
Yes, green means you are faster, red slower.

s1, s2, s3 means sector1, sector2, sector3

Most tracks are cut into three sectors, usually you can see the lines on the track even where they sector is defined.

rocafella1978
26-05-2015, 22:21
i guys, thanks much for clarifying, all understood and know the green and red, the S1, S2 ...sectors, all roger that. but why does it count up on LAP time??? to over 2minutes? when lap times are below 2minutes? (just want to understand how it runs and how lap times work, and also red + times mean slower or just as i tested when you run over with 1x tire (invalidated) also red, no difference there, but why does it sometimes run time in huge +++ RED times (minutes?) and sometimes in +x.x RED times (only in seconds?)

SpaceMachine
26-05-2015, 22:35
Times in RED are illegal laps, WHITE is a legal time, GREEN is a fastest sector or lap time. The deltas and potential times do seem to get a little confused...

rocafella1978
26-05-2015, 22:50
Times in RED are illegal laps, WHITE is a legal time, GREEN is a fastest sector or lap time. The deltas and potential times do seem to get a little confused...

"The deltas and potential times do seem to get a little confused..." what i thought and the rest was clear to me, thanks guys, but I found this also confused/ confusing! now that I have seen the various RED times it shows, surely is confused.

rocafella1978
26-05-2015, 23:19
after driving clean lap, and being in a clean lap, i am convinced this is a bug. see screenshot/ picture.
doesn't make sense to me how it calculates times...(IMO!)
PS: counted my lap, normal white color, but counted up after start/ finish to 2:xx:xxx again, i pushed back to pit again to "drive" out again...kind of annoying...

rocafella1978
26-05-2015, 23:23
just had the same again...all sector times S1-S3 green (- minus) times, LAP still counting in +00:00:000 times and runs over start/ finish with over 2minute mark, still shows your times correctly, but certainly not how times i think are supposed to work.