PDA

View Full Version : Megane 265 Physics

GrumpyTwig
26-05-2015, 22:04
First of all, Hello :)

I've recently picked up pcars and been getting to grips having got a little tired of an unamed competitive title, but something I'm finding is the engine modelling is a bit off, specifically the Megane.
Drive the Focus and the engine pickup in gear is pretty good but the Megane (a car I own and drive on track IRL) the in gear torque seems completely lacking until you get over 5krpm and this is just nothing like the real car.

The actual base physics in terms of driving dynamics are roughly there (it understeers a lot less than in the game tbh) but it's the engine that seems off to me, you have to drop into 2nd a lot whereas IRL you never have to do this as the peak torque at 3krpm pulls much harder than in the game.

I tried to view the engine data from the game but couldn't quite get to grips with where it is or the format it's in, are there any devs on the forums that can comment?

I actually have rolling road charts for the car as a comparison for any real/simulated data they might have :o

yusupov
26-05-2015, 22:23
you can download the pcars profiler to record & save telemetry that might be more what youre looking for

GrumpyTwig
27-05-2015, 07:53
you can download the pcars profiler to record & save telemetry that might be more what youre looking for

I can't see this provides any figures for engine torque.