PDA

View Full Version : Race Weekend Question

TuskegeePilot42
26-05-2015, 22:40
Does everyone like the race weekend setup ? Here is my issue If you start a race weekend at 1800 and allow 2 practice sessions of 30 min then seems to me your race should actually be starting at 1900 with the time progression on real time. I would like the practice sessions and qualifying to precede the race in real time. Has there been a previous discussion on this ? I didn`t see any . I feel that if your going to allow practice qualifying and warmup . that real time should combine all sections of the race weekend . Please share your thoughts!!!!!!!!!

Ch1ps N Queso
26-05-2015, 23:00
The issue is the "off" setting means exactly that, off. You will not see any progression. If you do 2x or more you might see too much. This goes for weather progression as well.

I think this is something you'll see fixed in the near future as the PC version has "real time" for both weather and time. Not sure why it didn't make it to console but I'm sure SMS will get it sorted soon.

Pic from my PC version so you can see what I mean.

TuskegeePilot42
26-05-2015, 23:19
It`s like that on the xbox as well ( meaning you're screen!!!! But when I set it to real time like you have it, when I come out of practice session 1 and enter the 2nd session realtime has not moved or advanced at all , it just starts every session at 1800 ( if that is what I set) qualifying warm up etc. So you're saying they`re working on changing it? . Also can you change the weather( or Time) for each session to what you want or are you just selecting random for all sessions on the PC? I am asking because I was just wondering how hard would it be to make it so that each session could be adjustable as far as weather and time .

TuskegeePilot42
26-05-2015, 23:37
I am understanding what at you`re saying a little more as I noticed the weather progression slider is locked out on xbox !!

diesel97
26-05-2015, 23:58
I thought "race weekend " means practice one day , quilify the next day, race the third day , a weekend

Ch1ps N Queso
27-05-2015, 00:00
I thought "race weekend " means practice one day , quilify the next day, race the third day , a weekend

In real life, yes, in Project CARS Practice/Quali/Warmup/Race happen on the same day.

Ch1ps N Queso
27-05-2015, 00:02
I am understanding what at you`re saying a little more as I noticed the weather progression slider is locked out on xbox !!

Yes.

X1 has OFF/2X/And More for Weather and Time, but no Real Time option. If you want time to progress you'll need to choose 2x or more until we get the Real Time option. Choosing OFF will stall time at the starting point you choose.

TuskegeePilot42
27-05-2015, 00:34
In real life, yes, in Project CARS Practice/Quali/Warmup/Race happen on the same day.

That`s exactly the message I was trying to get across!!!