PDA

View Full Version : Do online racers ACTUALLY understand how qualifiying works!

cossie29
26-05-2015, 23:40
5 times tonight in 5 different Lobby's i have been qualifiying and been deliberatly run off the road or smashed into!
What is the point!!!
For instance about 6 cars are released onto track from pits and preceed to smash hell out of each other, so i see this and hang back so i can get some open track for my hot lap.
Idiots are taking so long hitting and spinning each other i manage to pass through put in a decent lap. go for a 2nd hot lap and here i have a few ppl move aside, i think great someone who understands qualifiying! Oh no he just waits till im beside him on the straight and takes me clean off!
basically this happened in 5 different rooms. Was not even the race!!

Brian Coombes
26-05-2015, 23:47
Welcome to the world of public lobbies, find a group of liked minded racers in a league or a controlled racing environment, there are plenty of people who just want to race clean and fair out there win or lose.

JimStick1
26-05-2015, 23:49
Not much you can do about room trolls. Also, I'd recommend that you never expect other drivers know what to do. Always assume they are insane and will try to kill you if you go near them. Try to find some friends or a bunch of good racers and you'll have a better time.

falcon2081
27-05-2015, 00:17
It's my biggest pet peeve. Sometimes when we host with the dedicated server we will instantly kick and or ban on the second infraction of telling said player to move. We have no patience for that they can go find another lobby to play on. Same thing goes with first corner crashes.

JDFSSS
27-05-2015, 05:28
When I play online, I get the feeling most people are coming from arcade games and have no idea how a racing sim works. Hopefully SMS can make some improvements by introducing driver ratings and safety ratings to increase the quality of online public lobbies.

SIlMPLIClITY
27-05-2015, 05:34
I'm not bothered with contact in qualifying because I normally try to be the first out or stay way back. What really grinds my gears is when there's a 5minute qualifying and it takes almost about a little longer than 2 minutes to do the lap exiting the pits and almost 2 minutes to make the actual lap. I've had two lobbies where nobody qualified a lap because the time was too short. And no I was not going off the road or getting into contact or going too slow, in fact I won both races the first by 5seconds the other by 12.

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 05:41
Yeah a lot of the people that have bought this game don't understand a lot of racing philosophy. They don't understand that they want to be far away from other drivers when qualifying, unless you are tying to use a draft. People running me off the road in qualifying is absolutely annoying. That is why I usually run a slow lap just to qualify ahead of AI or other slow online drivers. Then I really put on the pace to try and out qualify the other real drivers. Nothing can be done about it really.

fostrike
27-05-2015, 07:51
It will be nice however that who open the room can be able to kick morons without a vote needed...

Toxic
27-05-2015, 07:54
It will be nice however that who open the room can be able to kick morons without a vote needed...

I like the vote system.

Changing it to your suggestion would see this forum fill up with stories about people being kicked by host because they were too fast, too slow or accused of ramming by the hosts friend !

Toxic
27-05-2015, 07:57
5 times tonight in 5 different Lobby's i have been qualifiying and been deliberatly run off the road or smashed into!
What is the point!!!
For instance about 6 cars are released onto track from pits and preceed to smash hell out of each other, so i see this and hang back so i can get some open track for my hot lap.
Idiots are taking so long hitting and spinning each other i manage to pass through put in a decent lap. go for a 2nd hot lap and here i have a few ppl move aside, i think great someone who understands qualifiying! Oh no he just waits till im beside him on the straight and takes me clean off!

When you race people who you like racing with - FRIEND them.

I met a couple of racers in clios just after release - we now have a steam group of around 30 people who we know can race properly. Clios every day pretty much :-)

You just need to find the people and link up with them for the future!

Good luck!

Mrbrown33
27-05-2015, 08:03
You would of thought the physics of the game would no the the driver deliberately caused an accident and DQ them. I had someone park up in the middle of the track to block players coming round the corner. I hit him side on and then saw him pull himself back on the track to block people again. I pulled up behind him and pushed him out the way and i got DQ for it, lol. The game should DQ players if the car is still running but their stationery on the track.

AB_Attack
27-05-2015, 08:19
i think great someone who understands qualifiying! Oh no he just waits till im beside him on the straight and takes me clean off!
What does it matter if it had been in the race? Wreckers are wreckers and they might very well understand qualifying but they don't care. Or else one would also have to start a thread about "Do people not understand that it's not ok ram in this game?" Yes they do. They ram anyway.

My best guess is that it's much more fun to wreck serious players than to wreck other wreckers in wreck game. That's why they buy Project Cars and behave like that. I see no other explaination to why they would buy a simracer and then pull off crash derby.

wraithsrike
27-05-2015, 12:44
Welcome to the world of public lobbies, find a group of liked minded racers in a league or a controlled racing environment, there are plenty of people who just want to race clean and fair out there win or lose.

This.

Me and 7 of my mates set up race nights, we add a few AI and have some brilliant racing, this is the very first game where I thoroughly enjoy online racing.

We all like our racing games in our own clan but until now we've been split with some of us being forza fans some GT and one a Codemasters fan, but this game has brought us all together, four of the lad actually going out and buying an xbox one just to play.

Honestly find the right group and online with its practice qualifying ect is a real joy.

We race most Friday nights now, we're not champs we race for fun but always clean and fair ok mishaps do happen but that's racing, if you want to join in look me up, but bear in mind we are not top leaderboard racers just your middle of the road guys.