PDA

View Full Version : Le mans 24hour invitational. mechanical issues not so random.

cerbrus2
27-05-2015, 00:50
OK 3rd time i have raced at Le mans in Career mode now. 1st time in the Marek RP219D LMP2 car, 2nd and 3rd time in the Audi R18 TDI LMP1 car. All three attempts I have ended up parked up on the grass after D'arnage with a Blown Engine, in fact the last two time i didn't even get a message, the car just stopped. Always on Lap 9 (set to 2 hour race length) Just seems that the mechanical failures don't seem that random. My last attempt I short shifted the whole race, as i thought maybe i was hammering the car to much. Still plenty of fuel in the car, and no taps or incidents at all. Anyone else getting this or is it just me that's unlucky.

Mad Al
27-05-2015, 01:01
Open the radiators fully and avoid any contact with other cars.. and keep an eye on the oil and water temperatures

cerbrus2
27-05-2015, 01:42
Open the radiators fully and avoid any contact with other cars.. and keep an eye on the oil and water temperatures

Sort of missing the point. The car is setup fine, temps are great no warning lights nothing. But 2 different cars, 3 different races. and same issue on same lap at the same part of the track. Hardly anything to do with radiator openings.

Mahjik
27-05-2015, 02:09
Sort of missing the point. The car is setup fine, temps are great no warning lights nothing. But 2 different cars, 3 different races. and same issue on same lap at the same part of the track. Hardly anything to do with radiator openings.

During these races, are you having any front-end contact with any other vehicles?

cerbrus2
27-05-2015, 02:20
No as said in the op no taps or incidents with any ai and or walls. its just seems as though the race is scripted to give me a break down at D'arnage on lap 9. I could understand if it was different laps and different parts of the track each time. But it's exactly the same even with two different cars.

JDFSSS
27-05-2015, 05:08
People who know how the game works have stated there are no random mechanical failures in this game. I'm pretty sure there are also no scripted mechanical failures. I've never had an engine blow in my entire racing career actually (im in the 3rd season of my career), as I always keep it clean. I also usually close up my radiator a bit. It's either something you are doing or a bug no one knows about.

k.merse
27-05-2015, 05:28
I had a few blown engines, but they were back in karting and they were on practice after only a few laps, when I did not even touch the setups, so I'm pretty sure there is some randomization factor in the mechanical problems.

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 05:43
I don't think the game has random mechanical failures in it. Either you are experiencing a glitch (which is very possible) or maybe you are missing shifts and it happens to blow on the same lap 3 times.

Mattias
27-05-2015, 06:12
They have explicitly said that there are no random mechanical failures since that would just annoy players.

Might be a bug or might be your driving. Record the next race + save replay and post them here, that would help a lot.
If you have a nvidia card you can just use shadowplay to record with then upload to youtube or something.

Wootball
27-05-2015, 06:35
It certainly feels random at times. I had a Kart blow it's engine on the 1st corner of the 1st lap at Chesterfield - automatic gears, no setup changes. There didn't seem to be a single reason why it blew.

Mark Quigley
27-05-2015, 07:17
Are you running out of fuel?
I had the fuel warning light come on in the Ginetta g40 moments after I had ran out of fuel, I was thinking I had just not noticed it.

cerbrus2
27-05-2015, 15:04
Are you running out of fuel?
I had the fuel warning light come on in the Ginetta g40 moments after I had ran out of fuel, I was thinking I had just not noticed it.

First thing I checked. Still plenty of fuel as stated in the OP. Going to do the next race with the telemetry programme running.

PeteUplink
27-05-2015, 15:43
This reminds me of something I discovered with Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 2. I started a 100% championship race at Spa, but saved the game before the race started. On lap 19 the engine suffered a water leak, so I reloaded the game to restart the race. Lap 19 came around again and I suffered the same problem on the same lap in the same place. re-running the race from the saved game just resulted in the same problem every time.

Machinist90
28-05-2015, 18:57
I'm having the same issue with the LMP cars,are they really sensitive for taps? and I do mean just taps,not hard rearbashing or crashing...feels to me if you tapped a car you're done for...can't check water and oil due to camera settings which make motec unreadable (speed sensitive FOV/blur/helmet(movement) )