PDA

View Full Version : Clio Cup/Ginetta Juniors - Help Needed!!

DanBeats90
27-05-2015, 07:35
Hi guys,

I've been racing a lot of Formula B, GT3 and LMP2 so far at about 80% AI, all assist as off (except gears). I've found that level to be competitive, as I'm able to qualify top 10 typically and challenge in races.

Anyway I decided to give Clio and GT5 a go and it's like a different game! I can't compete with the AI lap times and I'm really really struggling with the handling of the cars - probably because of the weight and low downforce.

Does anybody have any tips on how to be successful with these cars? Is there something I need to change in my driving style in order to adjust? Thanks in advance.

danowat
27-05-2015, 07:56
Hi guys,

I've been racing a lot of Formula B, GT3 and LMP2 so far at about 80% AI, all assist as off (except gears). I've found that level to be competitive, as I'm able to qualify top 10 typically and challenge in races.

Anyway I decided to give Clio and GT5 a go and it's like a different game! I can't compete with the AI lap times and I'm really really struggling with the handling of the cars - probably because of the weight and low downforce.

Does anybody have any tips on how to be successful with these cars? Is there something I need to change in my driving style in order to adjust? Thanks in advance.

Both cars are quit tail happy, especially the Clio, best way to deal with this is brake in a straight line as much as possible.

What specific problems are you having?, both cars can maintan apex speed well, but you just need to set the corner up well, brake in a straight line, power through the apex and out, almost like drive a kart, as you need to try and keep as much momentum going as you can as they are both low powered.

Plus, the Ginetta doesn't like kerbs, it throws a tantrum if you try and take too much.

DanBeats90
27-05-2015, 08:00
Yeah it's the rear end stepping out that I'm having issues with. With the lower downforce cars its much easier to brake last minute and throw the car into the corner. With these cars its a guaranteed w at to end up in the gravel! I'll give that a go then and see how I get on. I do genuinely love how driving different cars is like playing a different game!

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 08:02
Yeah it's the rear end stepping out that I'm having issues with. With the lower downforce cars its much easier to brake last minute and throw the car into the corner. With these cars its a guaranteed w at to end up in the gravel! I'll give that a go then and see how I get on. I do genuinely love how driving different cars is like playing a different game!

Increase the Limited Slip Deceleration Diff setting. This should help you get rid of most of the lift off oversteer.

Sparky28
27-05-2015, 18:57
You can use the lift off oversteer of the clio to get the front end of the car into the apex really nicely