PDA

View Full Version : Save different setups, buttomming out and tyre locks

jake92
27-05-2015, 07:57
Hello guys. I have a few questions for you!

1: Is it possible to save different setups for 1 car on 1 track?
I would like the following setups for Catalunya (AOR Time Trial)

- Soft tyre setup
- Medium tyre setup
- Dry setup
- Wet setup

But i can only save 1 setup for this one track..

2: I have adjusted the front ride height to lowest, and rear ride heigh to approx 15 mm higher than front
Can i see in some telemetry if the car is buttomming out some places on the track? I don't hear any metal scraping on the asphalt, so i guess im not buttoming out in my RUF GT3?

3: How can i hear or feel if it is the front or rear tyres which locks under heavy braking? I have a very cautious driving style, so i often brake mostly in a straight line, and therefore i cannot feel in FFB if it is at the front or rear i am locking, if that happens - i want to know this because im balancing my brake ratio and pressure at the moment

donpost
27-05-2015, 08:54
1) No sorry :(

2) On the telemetry screen a small red block will appear at the top of the spring scale when the car bottoms out. It MAY also appear when you run out of suspension travel without necessarily hitting the track - I can't confirm that though.

3) I'd like to know this too - I have big difficultly feeling brake lockup (on Xbone with TX). I would recommend keeping your brake pressure up as high as possible and just being gentler on the brakes. This seems to gives you the best stopping distances. From you're signature I'm guessing you are on the PC version? If so, grab this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23284-pCARS-Profiler-(Telemetry-amp-Analysis)-PC-ONLY-v1-5) awesome telemetry program and you can use that to see whether the front or rear locks first and adjust the brake balance accordingly.

RonDv
27-05-2015, 12:38
Hello guys. I have a few questions for you!

1: Is it possible to save different setups for 1 car on 1 track?
I would like the following setups for Catalunya (AOR Time Trial)

- Soft tyre setup
- Medium tyre setup
- Dry setup
- Wet setup

But i can only save 1 setup for this one track..

Can't save to your car and only 1 on each track. It is flawed and don't see any good reason for the restrictions. I hope they change this.